• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Hmm. This should be a race...

Keuthonymos
  • Keuthonymos

TCCG

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

So, this sounded fun, I took a whole bunch of my vehicles down the mountain, only died once, which was when I tried to take an army truck down, that didn't work...

My favourite results were these;

8w5k.jpg

jf0e.jpguoch.jpg

Then I also took my muscle car down, because she's a beauty.

3o96.jpgaurg.jpgmm8a.jpg

• ham_hands likes this

mr_worn
  • mr_worn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

Never thought I'd ever ask this but, could someone please post a video of old mans crack? :p

Keuthonymos
  • Keuthonymos

TCCG

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

Never thought I'd ever ask this but, could someone please post a video of old mans crack? :p

We've got some footage captured, we're just editing it and we'll have it posted very shortly.

• thatblacklac likes this

djdest
  • djdest

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

No one tried an Entity, so freshly resprayed, I managed to get it to the top with minimal scratches....

7.jpg

I got half way down, and decided to try and get back to the top (a few times!)

I did make it a couple of times, and then decided to head for the beach:

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

It was still driving rather well at this point, so took it to find a few trains. It survived those, so on to the quarry trucks!

12.jpg

13.jpg

That seemed to finish it off, it wouldn't drive in a straight line and the engine was smoking so it wouldn't go full power any more.

Then it caught fire and got destroyed.

Cue a 10k call to MM and that was the end of my fun

• DS Monkfish, The Ost and Keuthonymos like this

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

0_0.jpg

Batmobile ready for launch.

0_0.jpg

Safety first!

0_0.jpg

Made it down to the beach. Body is loose. If I hit it one more time I guess the shell would pop off.

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

I've done a few attempts this was #1:
Supermoto Sanchez

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

About halfway down this happened lol

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Attempt #2:
Sandking 100% armor

0_0.jpg

Just seconds after the 1st pic I lost the door lol (before goin down)

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

twities
  • twities

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Any one on Xbox want to do a bus trip down i can supply the bus or cargo bob. Shoot me a pm

UnbrokenChainz
  • UnbrokenChainz

Smot Poker

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Me and my buddy decided to run our MW Mesas down the crack!!

Lined up and ready
0_0.jpg

These things rolled uncontrollably. It was pretty much just bounce, roll , repeat the whole way down
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

SurfaceNoise
  • SurfaceNoise

改性

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

I.. I accept the challenge! Will post pics soon.

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:42 AM

I tried with a friends Trevor's ATV.
Thought it was going to be easy. I gave up after 10 deaths. Couldn't get it past the first third of the fall.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

Tried it with a stock hearse. Didn't even make it to the top before this happened. Stuck.

2uz70bk.jpg

Found a few pieces on my way back down.

jfdy68.jpg

Stole a stock Sultan and got it to the top. Blew it up on the first jump so no pics lol.

122f9ky.jpg

Then me, dannybhoy and wanes had a threeway (:O)

2hehthc.jpg

2pyteaa.jpg

• livejoker and dannybohy like this

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

Before:

0_0.jpg

After:

0_0.jpg

• livejoker and RogueStatus like this

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

Some snaps from yesterdays madness.

Well, I finally made it down with a bagger in one go, though some braking was needed.

0_0.jpg

My gal was more broken than the bike though.

0_0.jpg

I also found a Ratloader in Sandy Shores after the bagger attempts and though I'd try that, but something went terribly wrong on the way there.

0_0.jpg

I find using the sh*ttier cars is better because its quite a cheap way of having a lot of fun. Will probably have another go at this later after work. Congrats on making the best thread ever dannybhoy :D

• dannybohy likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:57 AM Edited by dannybohy, 21 January 2014 - 10:00 AM.

Genuine thanks and LIKES to everyone for taking this up!  If I liked all the great pic on here I would run out very quickly!. 

I am going to try motorcycles tonight! my Bagger and the Akuma 

I will post my snaps of our crew trio,s exploits last night!. I tried to get my hearse to the top with the cargo bob twice and both times it ended up on its roof and I couldn't get in it!. Glad the crew turned up I was beginning to despair 

• senormidget likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:11 AM Edited by senormidget, 21 January 2014 - 10:12 AM.

Genuine thanks and LIKES to everyone for taking this up!  If I liked all the great pic on here I would run out very quickly!. 

I will post my snaps of our crew trio,s exploits last night!. I tried to get my hearse to the top with the cargo bob twice and both times it ended up on its roof and I couldn't get in it!. Glad the crew turned up I was beginning to despair 

I tried to get to you but I was being chased by crazed bounty hunters! Ended up on the train, managed shoot down their chopper and it landed like this.
117aeyp.jpg
Survived the bounty too :p They chased me in a car for ages, killed the pair of them at least 5 times!

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Here's my attempt, Rancher XL with 40% armor.  At the top:

0_0.jpg

and... the bottom.  This angle doesn't look too bad!

0_0.jpg

this side, not so much.

0_0.jpg

I rolled it a few times near the top, but for the most part it did pretty well.

• livejoker likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

I tried to get to you but I was being chased by crazed bounty hunters! Ended up on the train, managed shoot down their chopper and it landed like this.
117aeyp.jpg
Survived the bounty too :p They chased me in a car for ages, killed the pair of them at least 5 times!

Eh! I couldn't take a photo on the train for some reason. The snapmatic icon was sort of faded and wouldnt let me select!? any idea why?. 

great snap! I still have the bounty on my head, we need to do that again on a busy session!. 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Eh! I couldn't take a photo on the train for some reason. The snapmatic icon was sort of faded and wouldnt let me select!? any idea why?. 

great snap! I still have the bounty on my head, we need to do that again on a busy session!. 

You can't use snapmatic on the train for some reason, not sure why. That pic is from my iPhone. :) I've got this one of you and wanes from later on too. I've still got my bounty too, you put $9K on me you bastard! :p

2jfk2yo.jpg

Also snapped this one of wanes crotch while we were in the chopper lol.

2iw858o.jpg

Anyway I'll stop going off topic now. :)

• dannybohy and wanes like this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

You can't use snapmatic on the train for some reason, not sure why. That pic is from my iPhone. :) I've got this one of you and wanes from later on too. I've still got my bounty too, you put $9K on me you bastard! :p

2jfk2yo.jpg

2iw858o.jpg

Anyway I'll stop going off topic now. :)

Ah I see! might try that myself.

Looks like Wanes av is giving herself a little treat 

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by theGypsy, 21 January 2014 - 02:19 PM.

Extra kudos if a second person can take an action of you going down too!. 

Challenge accepted!!!

Ok, so my son and I ( Keuthonymos on page 3 of this thread) started the challenge and it was WAAAAAY too much fun, so we decided to shoot some video. For the record, the only time we died was;

1. When he took a military truck down

2. When my Firetruck slid down backwards before even starting

3. When the chopper I landed on the mountain to get footage, rolled down the hill on me

Everything else made it to the bottom!! (Spoiler; the BF Surfer 'might' of had a little help). It was a TON of fun so a huge HT to Danny for coming up with the idea (we've found another gulch we're gonna try). So, here's our runs down the old man's crack (like the title needed to be any grosser... lol) - click through to YouTube if ya want the music with it, kinda makes it!!

Enjoy

PS; Oh yea, I also wanted to say how shocked I am most of you folks didn't wear a helmet. What kind of role models for the younger generation are you??? (ROFL)

• Rico UK, senormidget, Zoobz and 2 others like this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

2iw858o.jpg

Oh you sneaky bastard XD 

• dannybohy likes this

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by Patgosplat, 21 January 2014 - 02:43 PM.

I tried it last night but didn't make it to the beach. Went flying out of the crack at one point & ended up stopping on a railroad track. All 4 doors were open at one time but somehow they managed to stay attached to the truck

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Going to try this again at some point with a stolen vehicle. - 0% armour.

On another note, my SandkingXL drove straight back up to the summit of Mount Chilliad on the right hand side of Old Mans Crack. Its prettty much solid with anything but a vertical climb.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by Kracus, 21 January 2014 - 04:03 PM.

Alright, so I did this yesterday and well... I think I did pretty darn good. At first I had trouble getting a cargobob cause I wasn't driving all the way up there. I picked up a futo for the trip but got blown up by some guy in a buzzard on my way there.

Second attempt, I managed to find a Sandking to haul up there, however when I got out of my chopper on top of the mountain to get in the truck it dissapeared on me.

Back down the mountain this time I decided I'd take my personal tailgater since I knew it wouldn't dissapear this time.

This is the result

apFk2KW.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, that scratch on the front fender is all the damage I sustained... and I think I did that at the top of the mountain when I bumped the chopper when I was trying to line up the car for the first drop.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

2iw858o.jpg

Oh you sneaky bastard XD 

well if your going to flick your bean in public what do you expect!.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:47 PM Edited by dannybohy, 21 January 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Myself , Wanes and Senormidget going down the old mans crack

I took the Mesa which sustained some damage because I went up the wrong side of mountain! 

0_0.jpg

Our cars

0_0.jpg

Action shot of Senormidgets arrival at the beach

0_0.jpg

everyone down 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I sticky bombed the cars ready to blow them and get a photo! however the police turned up so just blew it and we ran off in the police car and caught the train 

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Challenge accepted!!!

Ok, so my son and I ( Keuthonymos on page 3 of this thread) started the challenge and it was WAAAAAY too much fun, so we decided to shoot some video. For the record, the only time we died was;

3. When the chopper I landed on the mountain to get footage, rolled down the hill on me

Everything else made it to the bottom!! (Spoiler; the BF Surfer 'might' of had a little help). It was a TON of fun so a huge HT to Danny for coming up with the idea (we've found another gulch we're gonna try). So, here's our runs down the old man's crack (like the title needed to be any grosser... lol) - click through to YouTube if ya want the music with it, kinda makes it!!

Enjoy

PS; Oh yea, I also wanted to say how shocked I am most of you folks didn't wear a helmet. What kind of role models for the younger generation are you??? (ROFL)

Oh we DONT have to go off the wood ramp?

I've always been launching off it.

Am I doing this wrong?

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Quality stuff. 

I actually ran down the crack a while ago in SP. Got stuck 2/3 of the way down and had to run the rest, nearly eaten by a cougar. Was enormous fun. Driving up it in Franklins Buffalo, at night with the lights smashed out, was pretty entertaining as well, very touch and go. Made it for dawn.

Picked up a Bob to give it an online run last night. Looked for a Caddy, couldn't find one. Looked for a Hvy Dump, nada. Then a mission with a friend came up so I did that instead. I will definitely be running the crack online at some point in the near future, you've reminded me how fun it was.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by dannybohy, 21 January 2014 - 05:22 PM.

Challenge accepted!!!

Enjoy

Oh we DONT have to go off the wood ramp?

I've always been launching off it.

Am I doing this wrong?

Sweet!! my post got in on the video :) cheers! 

Technically YES you have to go off the wooden ramp but its just for fun

I think next week its BELLS END challenge, this time I think we will have a competition to see who can actually sustain the least damage and the most.

Please keep doing the Old mans crack ! get as much down it as you can!. try and sustain little damage or perhaps do a timed race with friends or crew?

Looking forward to a campbell bells ends video 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users