» «
Photo

Gaining 100% Gang Territories question

7 replies to this topic
Rage Fury
  • Rage Fury

Grove Street Family Member

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:56 AM Edited by Rage Fury, 20 January 2014 - 07:57 AM.

I am upto the "Riot" mission. I've read that 35% gang territories are needed for End Of The Line.
So I'm thinking about winning 100% territory before proceeding to the Riot Mission as it would get hard to win territories in Riot conditions.
What I'm thinking is, is it a good idea?
Gaining 100% areas, causes any problems further? I mean do I have to gain them again in the next missions like Los Desperados and End Of The Line?

Basically, what are the pros and cons? Like, if I don't gain 100% territories, would it be hard to drive to Big Smoke's Crack Palace?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

Definitely getting the 35% of the zones before "Riot" is recommended.
But, this late in the game I don't think it is worth the trouble (except for practice before you restart the game).

Taking 100% zones is better just before the "Green Sabre" mission, and that to raise the Respect level to 100%, and build up lots of Ca$h.

Rage Fury
  • Rage Fury

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:57 AM Edited by Rage Fury, 20 January 2014 - 11:58 AM.

But if you gain 100% gang territories before Green Sabre, it is of no use, as you lose all the territories after the mission as you're arrested and taken to Angel Pine.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

"It's of no use"?
I'll say it again:
1. You can Max the RESPECT, and
2. you can pickup easy MONEY. Both of which are useful during the game.
3. You also get weapons experience skills by shooting.

Rage Fury
  • Rage Fury

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by Rage Fury, 20 January 2014 - 03:59 PM.

Well I should've worded it differently, sorry. I didn't mean to say "it's of no use", as I know Respect is maxed, money is generated etc; but I mean to say that even though if I secure 100% gang zones, after Green Sabre are territories are lost. It would be back to 0%.

fuzzel
  • fuzzel

The wierdest of the lot.

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

dont get 100% unless you want money

and collect it from the house in grove st.

guns will be useless, as they take them away. the terretories will be useless as they are taken away.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Gaining 100% of the end-game turfs makes it damn near impossible to drive a Tornado ever again. It will also prevent any rival gangs from attacking your turfs. Personally, I prefer to have the map be a bit more dynamic. I think it's helpful to take over all of the turfs between Grove Street and El Corona as it makes it easier to keep/recruit homies for one of the final missions - a required mission element.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

I was talking about the pre "Green Sabre" turfs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users