Quantcast

» «
Photo

Two important items that are missing in GTA Online.

69 replies to this topic
Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

we r in daynga ov bing shwomped by muslims™

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:52 AM

Javelin SAM with lock on capabilities.

javelin_missile_US-Army_001.jpg

Who hates being shot down by AI & player controlled Lazers & player controlled Buzzards?

C-17_Globemaster_flare.jpg

CH-53D_Sea_Stallion_spewing_flares.jpg

Thoughts?
  • ten-a-penny, Valdorien, Killzone3265 and 3 others like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:54 AM

"Two"?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:54 AM

GTA-V-Minigun.pngWorks for me.

• Khaos89 and -Velox like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Get out of my face, you miserable, dung-sniffing dirt-scratcher

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:55 AM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 20 January 2014 - 04:56 AM.

Not to be a bearer of technicalities, but the Javelin is an anti-tank missile launcher. It isn't built for anti-air; however, the Brits have a SAM that happens to be named the Javelin, but it's not the same weapon.

&& the flares should have been included in the first place... since most people use missiles, it would be a flare-spam. Except the few of us that use the guns.

• manutd36 likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Not to be a bearer of technicalities, but the Javelin is an anti-tank missile launcher. It isn't built for anti-air; however, the Brits have a SAM that happens to be named the Javelin, but it's not the same weapon.&& the flares should have been included in the first place... since most people use missiles, it would be a flare-spam. Except the few of us that use the guns.

Well, I guess we could use the Javelin against a tank, if it locks on, if not, I'm fine with that too, at least we destroy a tank in one shot.

Rockstar's mistake was not adding flares. However, flares will be useless if locked on with a Javelin lol.

Mini gun is only useful for close-mid range targets & isn't powerful on sturdy vehicles,sas seen in the Paleto Heist, Trevor shooting the landing Cargobob with the mini gun took almost 17 seconds.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

Destroy a tank in one shot?  Nah, that's too easy.

We should have a weapon that can take down lazers though.  The minigun makes Buzzards into swiss cheese but the only think that works against a Lazer is the Heavy Sniper.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

Not to be a bearer of technicalities, but the Javelin is an anti-tank missile launcher. It isn't built for anti-air; however, the Brits have a SAM that happens to be named the Javelin, but it's not the same weapon.&& the flares should have been included in the first place... since most people use missiles, it would be a flare-spam. Except the few of us that use the guns.

Well, I guess we could use the Javelin against a tank, if it locks on, if not, I'm fine with that too, at least we destroy a tank in one shot.

Rockstar's mistake was not adding flares. However, flares will be useless if locked on with a Javelin lol.

Mini gun is only useful for close-mid range targets & isn't powerful on sturdy vehicles,sas seen in the Paleto Heist, Trevor shooting the landing Cargobob with the mini gun took almost 17 seconds.

Cargobobs dont scare me.

SBMonty
  • SBMonty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Oh and here I was thinking you were going to wish for an all male strip club.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

The anti-air weapons you both want would be either the Stinger, or the Strela-2. Both are Anti-air, and would be the perfect counter for the Lazer.

I know there are more portable SAM launchers, but those are two that I can name off the top of my head.

Stinger. I used this a lot in MGS2, MW2 and MW3.
Stinger.jpg

Strela-2. This was actually the missile launcher in San Andreas.
SA-7_Grail_9K32_strela-2_manpads_portabl

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 20 January 2014 - 05:19 AM.

The aircraft are already pretty difficult to aim with. I don't think these are necessary. Use a minigun or sniper rifle.

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*cker’s always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Javelin (for anti-tank) and Stinger (Anti-air). Would need counter measures (at least for air) though.

I would prefer the addition of a Hunter first and foremost though. f*ck the Buzzard.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

Destroy a tank in one shot?  Nah, that's too easy.

Well, at least we would get to see tank drivers rage quit after 4 deaths ;)

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

2 words...proximity mines.

• Khaos89 likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:22 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 20 January 2014 - 05:24 AM.

Javelin (for anti-tank) and Stinger (Anti-air). Would need counter measures (at least for air) though.

I would prefer the addition of a Hunter first and foremost though. f*ck the Buzzard.

Aww yiss. How powerful is a Javelin irl? Two shot kill? As for the Stinger, I'd imagine the plane gets hit & catches on fire & you'll have to eject. Or does the plane explode instantly. If you're aiming a Stinger at a Titan or Luxor I think it'll damage the plane making it nose dive meaning you also have to eject.

Edit: yeah, the Buzzard is too easy to shoot down with an Advanced Rifle, Heavy Sniper & Combat MG. It's like paper lol. Smokes right after.

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

Proximity mines would rule.

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*cker’s always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

Aww yiss. How powerful is a Javelin irl? Two shot kill? As for the Stinger, I'd imagine the plane gets hit & catches on fire & you'll have to eject. Or does the plane explode instantly. If you're aiming a Stinger at a Titan or Luxor I think it'll damage the plane making it nose dive meaning you also have to eject.

Edit: yeah, the Buzzard is too easy to shoot down with an Advanced Rifle, Heavy Sniper & Combat MG. It's like paper lol. Smokes right after.

Javelin can potentially destroy a tank one hit. As for aircraft, ideally you should have the opportunity to eject after taking a hit in some cases instead of just straight blowing up.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:31 AM

most anti-tank missiles carry f*ck all explosives. They are designed to penetrate the armor and kill the crew with minimal collateral damage.

Anti-air missiles are designed to go extremely fast, and are basically designed to hit the back of the plane causing it to explode or crash.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:35 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 20 January 2014 - 05:47 AM.

Javelin SAM with lock on capabilities.

javelin_missile_US-Army_001.jpg

Who hates being shot down by AI & player controlled Lazers & player controlled Buzzards?

C-17_Globemaster_flare.jpg

CH-53D_Sea_Stallion_spewing_flares.jpg

Thoughts?

Didnt you make the exact same post in the items, clothes and weapons you wish were in GTA online thread an hour ago? http://gtaforums.com...-in-gta-online/

Not sure why you couldn't just keep discussing your idea in that thread instead of starting another 

• miaumiau1 likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

Yeah, I can see myself getting killed in my Mallard mid-barrel roll, though.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

Go play battlefield or some other military game. Ffs, this is grand theft auto
  • ShinobiFixer likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by saintsrow, 20 January 2014 - 07:14 AM.

I think we need selectable lock-on for all missile-launching platforms, so we can choose our targets.  And every overpowered platform needs a standard countermeasure (not a glitch or exploit like tank sniping). 

Two solutions for GTA0 tanks: 

"Check out the new Patriot mod from LSC"

"Tank Wank BBQ"

More generally, since the door has already been opened for military weapons, let's just go all the way and petition Rockstar to add all the weapons and platforms from BF4 and COD into GTA0.  Think what they could charge for these !!! :p

I tried to resist: 

Two important items that are missing in GTA Online.

1. Common

2. Sense

or

1. Logic

2. Balance

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

Tell that to CJ.

Heat-seeking missile.
Heat-Seeking_Rocket_Launcher_Airport_SF.

That white dot is a flare. Lol
ss_cluster.jpg

CHIEFSTA
  • CHIEFSTA

~

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

That plane is so sick! I saw one on YouTube.

The stealth bomber would be epic in GTAV but I'm sure that'd be way overpowered.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:54 AM Edited by ten-a-penny, 20 January 2014 - 08:55 AM.

if you REALLY want to stay alive.....then you need either one:

cyberdemon.jpg

Spider.png

the Cyber is one-missile-kill. the Spider has a minigun....needless I say more? :pp

Spoiler

really we need those: (will be on spoiler to make the post smaller)

Spoiler

Spoiler

or yet better......REMOVE THEM FROM FREEMODE!

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

AI controlled lazer already uses flares so why can't we?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

^

really? I never saw those in SP :/

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:19 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 20 January 2014 - 09:28 AM.

That plane is so sick! I saw one on YouTube.The stealth bomber would be epic in GTAV but I'm sure that'd be way overpowered.

Which? The Boeing C17 that I pictured? Or the Hydra someone else posted lol.

Hahaha, I'd imagine something something like an F22 Raptor or B-2 Spirit in the game & when you fly it, your blip is hidden. ;) shame there isn't plane like a B-2 Spirit in the game :( It looks sick irl!

Edit: oh I know what you mean now lol that military green Boeing 767 (?) with missiles lol

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Hmm, yeah, I wonder why there's tanks in Grand Theft Auto. Hmm, I wonder why we can't use flares in Lazers we steal so we can't get shot down. I wonder why we can't modify our purchased Annihilator or Buzzards to have flares..

You go play BF.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

I didn't like Snakes on a Plane

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

Maybe an ac-130? And I know what some of you are thinking but the Titan is not an ac-130, it's a c-130. Anyways, the ac-130 is armed with ANTI-TANK weapons. See where I'm going? I already kill tank noobs with the Lazer but the ac-130 would be so much fun, as long as they make it nearly impossible to get to avoid spawn killing.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

^
really? I never saw those in SP :/

Not sure about sp but mp it happens every time I try take the bastard down just before I realise that I'm going faster than he is and get shot down when I over take him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users