Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

This is nice. Really awesome. Good work man keep it up. :cookie: 

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

Another Great Update, regarding the Paths, Swoorup has made a really easy tool for making paths, you run it in the Background of Vice City and walk tommy down the middle of the road and use hotkeys to capture co-ordinates. It couldnt be any easier really.

Speccy
  • Speccy

fun.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

I would like to thank you guys for your feedback. I worked hard.

As promised, I updated the front page just now. There are a couple of new screenshots, including those of various parts of the island that I've just completed over the past few days.

I've also made a 'progress map' where you can get an overview of how the island is coming together. As you will see, the map is soon to be finished. Shortly I will begin adding dynamic objects and props, and improving the vegetation. Then everything else....

I want to know, should I be aiming to release an early version of the raw map? I don't see much reason to do so, as there literally wouldn't be anything to do, besides to explore. I'd rather get something solid together first, but I'm open to suggestions.

• cosmys, Jerkоv, MAJEST1C_R3 and 3 others like this

Speccy
  • Speccy

fun.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Hello! I haven't posted here in a while.

Since I first started this topic I learned quite a lot about modeling, starting off as a complete beginner. I put Speccy's Town on hold since I was helping BEGINit with his project. It was a worthwhile opportunity to work in a team and give you guys a well-rounded mod to actually play.

Throughout this time I gained more knowledge in modeling and many other areas revolving around GTA modding, not limited to VC.

Basically, now I have many more resources and looking back to my earlier work on this map, it kinda feels small. Many things I would have done differently today in terms of its layout. So now the question remains - should I complete the existing map?

I still have interest in creating a detailed city with mipmaps and high poly buildings but perhaps I should wait for a similar project to be conceived and properly planned so I could contribute to that instead. It's a big time commitment and I feel like the work I'll produce on my own just won't be meaningful enough to justify the effort.

I was thinking I should take a cruise through the map as it is right now on video for you guys to see it in its entirety. I feel like it's quite clustered, which is why I'm considering a fresh start. All the assets could be reused in that case, so it's not a terrible loss.

• Ezekiel, ClaudX and Issik like this

Bone34
  • Bone34

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hello! I haven't posted here in a while.

Since I first started this topic I learned quite a lot about modeling, starting off as a complete beginner. I put Speccy's Town on hold since I was helping BEGINit with his project. It was a worthwhile opportunity to work in a team and give you guys a well-rounded mod to actually play.

Throughout this time I gained more knowledge in modeling and many other areas revolving around GTA modding, not limited to VC.

Basically, now I have many more resources and looking back to my earlier work on this map, it kinda feels small. Many things I would have done differently today in terms of its layout. So now the question remains - should I complete the existing map?

I still have interest in creating a detailed city with mipmaps and high poly buildings but perhaps I should wait for a similar project to be conceived and properly planned so I could contribute to that instead. It's a big time commitment and I feel like the work I'll produce on my own just won't be meaningful enough to justify the effort.

I was thinking I should take a cruise through the map as it is right now on video for you guys to see it in its entirety. I feel like it's quite clustered, which is why I'm considering a fresh start. All the assets could be reused in that case, so it's not a terrible loss.

I would love to see this map getting completed, you could as well port it to GTA 5 in the future.

• Speccy likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Fixing Officer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

I'd say yes, do it. I'M GONNA MAKE A HUGE MAP MYSELF ideas usually backfire, so this has much more potential to be completed. And with such a small map, you can put a lot of attention to details.
  • Speccy, lpgunit and Ezekiel like this

TheD.
  • TheD.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

Agree with Silent's post. In my opinion you definitely should complete the map and finish this project - it's worth it. You've spent a lot of time working on it, you've created many nice looking buildings and I'm pretty sure there's no other HD custom map for GTA Vice City that could compete with your design.

Even though VC is not as popular as it used to be few years back, there still are people who enjoy it and definitely would give your mod a try. Maybe it's going to be a good reason for others to install VC once again.

So yeah, keep on going, don't abandon this project and deliver this community more goodies :)

• Speccy likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

Just do what feels best to you, man. Make whatever you feel suits your newfound abilities. Whatever you do, we know the end result will be awesome.

• Speccy likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:45 AM

I might be able to help out. Shoot me PM I guess and I'll see what/if I can do.

Speccy
  • Speccy

fun.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:48 PM Edited by Speccy, 07 June 2015 - 03:58 PM.

I might be able to help out. Shoot me PM I guess and I'll see what/if I can do.

Definitely. I appreciate it, dude.

Thanks for all the positive feedback :)

• Eddie likes this

Speccy
  • Speccy

fun.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

second awkward double-post for this page.

I don't post enough development pictures.

625951188.jpg?1433969912

MORE PICS

Spoiler

There's not that much left to do and I'm almost done with the first phase - getting the basic map together.

664915054.jpg?1433970313

• undertaker fan, universetwisters, Kalvin and 4 others like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:44 PM

The back yard with the pool looks like a toilet.

Still, great work.

• undertaker fan and universetwisters like this

Speccy
  • Speccy

fun.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:11 AM Edited by Speccy, 11 June 2015 - 01:21 AM.

The back yard with the pool looks like a toilet.

Still, great work.

Xe7HBKJ.gif

Spoiler
  • Shagg_E, Silent, Flucado and 11 others like this

marco886
  • marco886

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

I just came across this mod when I saw your work on Shine O'vice, it looks great ! There are very high detailed buildings, love it !

Speccy
  • Speccy

fun.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:34 PM

I appreciate the positive feedback!

I initially began working on this map as a hobby but it's untimately been a great learning opportunity for me to extend my modeling knowledge.

Somewhere along the way I was recruited by BEGINit. Ever since I've been much more focused on helping him out because I reckon his mod will most certainly be a greater contribution to the community.

Even though I don't expect to release this anytime soon or post updates as frequently, I certainly don't intend on abandoning it.

I think that when Shine o'Vice will be released, I'll definitely attempt to ressurect this topic :)
  • Kalvin and marco886 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users