Crystal Clearout III: Solo in less than 3 mins, 3125 RP + $7000

37 replies to this topic
Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Now with free shipping!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

Here's a very quick way to level up and also make a good amount of money.

REQUIREMENTS:

-You must have a Buzzard helicopter purchased. This is unlocked at rank 42.

PROCEDURE

-Go to single player and change your aim settings to free-aim. This will give you extra RP, and since you will be in a helicopter the whole time it won't make a difference in your shooting.

-Load back into online and go to Menu -> Online -> Jobs -> Host Job -> Rockstar Created -> Missions -> Crystal Clear Out III.

-Once in the starting menu for the job, change difficulty to hard. The other settings don't matter. Don't bother inviting anyone, just launch the job solo.

-As soon as you spawn, start running to your car (it should spawn near you) while calling Pegasus for your Buzzard. Now drive towards the Sandy Shores airfield to pick it up. It is very close.

-Go to all three of the locations and kill the enemies with your rockets. Simple as that.

-Repeat.

You will consistently get 2375 for completing the mission plus 750 rp for killing the 30 enemies. If you're fast enough you should be able finish the mission in less than 3 minutes.
  • spaz926, Deathmaker158, Rodrows and 2 others like this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 20 January 2014 - 07:13 AM.

You can do pot shot in a similar time for 7k for anyone without a buzzard. When starting the mission take a car as run over/ shoot the two enemies guarding the bridge. Then park your car on the bridge to block it and take cover behind it. Don't worry about killing any of the other enemies. The van will start driving toward the bridge. Wait until the driver is trying to ram your car out of the way and shot fun him in the face. Take the van and deliver it to Trevor (about 1.4 or so miles) and you're done.
  • BaM BooZeLLed likes this

need_prison_bus
  • need_prison_bus

Over 7k noobs owned 3.0k/d

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

Dont you get fck all RP tho, I was under impression potshot was only good for getting money

You can do pot shot in a similar time for 7k for anyone without a buzzard. When starting the mission take a car as run over/ shoot the two enemies guarding the bridge. Then park your car on the bridge to block it and take cover behind it. Don't worry about killing any of the other enemies. The van will start driving toward the bridge. Wait until the driver is trying to ram your car out of the way and shot fun him in the face. Take the van and deliver it to Trevor (about 1.4 or so miles) and you're done.

RealUnimportant
  • RealUnimportant

Playing GTA since before you were born

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

I'm currently running the hell out of CCO2 to get up to 40, then I'll be switching to this one. Nice tip about free-aim, hadn't thought about that.

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

thanks I'm going to do that while I wait for 48 minutes to sell another car

shadyelf
  • shadyelf

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

best part about CCIII is that the Buzzard does all of the work for you. I watch netflix while running this (Top Gear or something like that)

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

i ran the hell out of this last night... best part is you dont have to fire a single bullet, only $200 a time to call the buzzard.

$7000 and 3000+ RP. i think this is a better grind than coveted in my opinion. quicker too

KristoLewis
  • KristoLewis

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

In case you didnt know, on ps3 keep spamming square after youve completed the mission to restart :)
  • RogueStatus likes this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Great tip! i've been grinding this to get back some cash.

Here's another tip when employing this mission.... I just went back into free roam where I had a $9k bounty. Player chased me in Buzzrds into the hills. As my chopper was dying I got out and hid about 100 yard from it. When he came in he went right for the chopper giving me time to ..... jump out of cover and spray bullets everywhere because I forgot to put aim assist back on! 

His first shot hit my chopper allright but at least one of the next two fried me!

RealUnimportant
  • RealUnimportant

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

In case you didnt know, on ps3 keep spamming square after youve completed the mission to restart :)

No need to spam it; just click it once as soon as the Results screen is up, while the Continue countdown is still running. If you click O it'll send you to a random next mission, so don't click that.

I just saw how much RP is being claimed though, and I had to point out it's waaaaay off. You get 2395 max, including 1.5 Hard Mode bonus and the 200RP for being in Free Aim. I think the OP is including the kill rep twice.

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

best part about CCIII is that the Buzzard does all of the work for you. I watch netflix while running this (Top Gear or something like that)

Ha! I was doing the same damn thing only I watched the new Chainsaw Massacre movie.

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

No need to spam it; just click it once as soon as the Results screen is up, while the Continue countdown is still running. If you click O it'll send you to a random next mission, so don't click that.

I just saw how much RP is being claimed though, and I had to point out it's waaaaay off. You get 2395 max, including 1.5 Hard Mode bonus and the 200RP for being in Free Aim. I think the OP is including the kill rep twice.

OP was correct about the RP in the beginning bc i was for sure getting 3125 each time in hard mode and free aim. i think they have been cut again bc i was only getting just over 2100 last night.

raspykestrel1
  • raspykestrel1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Coveted is higher money, but I don't think the RP is as good. it's 12k in 4-5 mins, rather than 7k in 3-4 mins, so you get a lot more money, and you don't have to waste $1,750,000 on a chopper that u get for free in freeroam anyway. its my preferred choice

just my 2c :)

also its slightly cheaper to equip for - 20 sniper rounds comes in at $145 :)

raspykestrel1
  • raspykestrel1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

correction - I just timed myself, I can do Coveted solo in 3mins 20 seconds, so its the same length, and a lot more money

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Coveted is higher money, but I don't think the RP is as good. it's 12k in 4-5 mins, rather than 7k in 3-4 mins, so you get a lot more money, and you don't have to waste $1,750,000 on a chopper that u get for free in freeroam anyway. its my preferred choice

why is your chopper so much? it should only be $200

RealUnimportant
  • RealUnimportant

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

why is your chopper so much? it should only be $200

It's both; you have to buy it before you can request it, remember ;) I bought mine during the pre-Xmas sales, it was 25% off - it's possible they may do this again, so keep an eye on the R* messages.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Now with free shipping!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

But I think the kill rep is added during the mission as each enemy is killed, not after. I'll check when I get home.

GreyleafGamer
  • GreyleafGamer

Ni !

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

The OP is correct. You get 2375RP for the job + 750RP for the 30 kills. (3125 Total)

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

I decided to test this out and I believe it is doable in 3:30 to 4:00 minutes. If you can do it in under 3 min I would love to see a video of that!

You do get $7,000 but you do NOT get 3125 RP. Atleast I didn't and I did this mission for about three hours back to back. It allowed me to rank up, get around 200K and increase my flying skill!

If anyone is interested in seeing how it is done I will attach a video of my run below.

• Deathmaker158 and GatorRich like this

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

I decided to test this out and I believe it is doable in 3:30 to 4:00 minutes. If you can do it in under 3 min I would love to see a video of that!

You do get $7,000 but you do NOT get 3125 RP. Atleast I didn't and I did this mission for about three hours back to back. It allowed me to rank up, get around 200K and increase my flying skill!

If anyone is interested in seeing how it is done I will attach a video of my run below.

In this video it's even more. The 750 RP for killing the enemies do not appear at the result screen. In Hacker I killed once 45 and it wasn't more RP at the Result screen. So 2.600 + 750 is 3.350

RealUnimportant
  • RealUnimportant

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

The OP is correct. You get 2375RP for the job + 750RP for the 30 kills. (3125 Total)

In this video it's even more. The 750 RP for killing the enemies do not appear at the result screen. In Hacker I killed once 45 and it wasn't more RP at the Result screen. So 2.600 + 750 is 3.350

The kill RP doesn't appear on the results screen because that shows the reward for completion. However it IS included in the big scroller that appears at the end of the mission - THAT is the total RP you've received from the session, the reward & kills combined.

MrHollick, what are your game settings? I'm doing it on Free Aim, Hard, and I'm only getting 2375RP... 1875 for the mission, and 25x20 for the kills. Am I missing some reinforcements by clearing too quickly?

Tricks I've found that help are:
* pressing O to lock the camera on the target. This means you don't need to keep twitching the camera to face the same way as the helicopter, and can make a kill sweep much faster.

* pressing the top shoulders (rudder keys) to switch targets, meaning you can fire at multiple bogies almost at the same time & clear the scene much faster.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

The kill RP doesn't appear on the results screen because that shows the reward for completion. However it IS included in the big scroller that appears at the end of the mission - THAT is the total RP you've received from the session, the reward & kills combined.

MrHollick, what are your game settings? I'm doing it on Free Aim, Hard, and I'm only getting 2375RP... 1875 for the mission, and 25x20 for the kills. Am I missing some reinforcements by clearing too quickly?

Tricks I've found that help are:
* pressing O to lock the camera on the target. This means you don't need to keep twitching the camera to face the same way as the helicopter, and can make a kill sweep much faster.
* pressing the top shoulders (rudder keys) to switch targets, meaning you can fire at multiple bogies almost at the same time & clear the scene much faster.

Ok that sounds awesome ill give that a try next! I assume that on Xbox I just press the B button? That is a great tip thanks!

I have seen a few other videos of people killing a bit faster and it seems like they are killing less mobs but maybe they are going to fast? I have my settings on hard, but not free aim. I will set it to free aim next time before I go into online and see the difference.

Last night I played again with my wife to show her how awesome the exp was and it was sucking!!, after about half dozen mission it dawned on me I had it set to normal hahah doh!

Also when I played with her we both grabbed a buzzard she flew to the farther eat spot while I killed the two closest and it went very fast!

Thanks again for the targeting tips!

raspykestrel1
  • raspykestrel1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

that's to request it once purchased :p

I never bought the buzzard - I don't see the point when they spawn in freeroam anyway, I would only EVER use it for missions like this - and whats the point buying it for missions? Spending 1.75 million so you can more easily earn 7000 doesn't seem logical.

the most I ever spend on a buzzard is 700 to request a chopper location from lester (if they're not spawning in the usual places) then pick one up from the merryweather dock, or hospital

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Now with free shipping!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

I never bought the buzzard - I don't see the point when they spawn in freeroam anyway, I would only EVER use it for missions like this - and whats the point buying it for missions? Spending 1.75 million so you can more easily earn 7000 doesn't seem logical.

the most I ever spend on a buzzard is 700 to request a chopper location from lester (if they're not spawning in the usual places) then pick one up from the merryweather dock, or hospital

Yeah, I wouldn't buy it either, but like many others I was gifted millions before the maintainace so I said 'why not?'
  • raspykestrel1 likes this

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

I tried this last night. Works great. I like to get all the money I can though so I landed after taking out the 2nd location & grabbed up all the dropped money. Wasn't much but it paid me back the 200 I spent on the buzzard delivery

• MrHollick likes this

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Well spending the money on a buzzard is easy choice. Its called an investment. I have made my money back many times over doing missions with it. It also saves so much time, i dont know about you but my time is valuable and any tools that can help me are welcome.

Would you use a screwdriver or a power drill to turn 10,000 screws???
\
Think about the bigger picture and it will dawn on you what the advantages are. Also buzzards don't spawn in missions.

RealUnimportant
  • RealUnimportant

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

I have seen a few other videos of people killing a bit faster and it seems like they are killing less mobs but maybe they are going to fast? I have my settings on hard, but not free aim. I will set it to free aim next time before I go into online and see the difference.

They fire less missiles because clusters of enemies are sitting in vehicles. I've cleared the first & second camps in 3 missiles each, but its hard picking out the right targets - you'll know if you hit one because you'll see the +25rp indicator flash repeatedly, once per mob. I find the farthest camp to be the hardest to do quickly, they seem to start splitting up before I get in range - maybe they are alerted by the deaths of the first two camps?

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

Well when I set the game to Free Aim and set the mission,to Hard it shows me 3030 at the end now! That's a nice improvement over 2600!

raspykestrel1
  • raspykestrel1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Well spending the money on a buzzard is easy choice. Its called an investment. I have made my money back many times over doing missions with it. It also saves so much time, i dont know about you but my time is valuable and any tools that can help me are welcome.

Would you use a screwdriver or a power drill to turn 10,000 screws???
\
Think about the bigger picture and it will dawn on you what the advantages are. Also buzzards don't spawn in missions.

you made 1.75 million back 'many times over'? So, implying you've made around 10-20 million EXTRA by having the buzzard purchased? 

You would have to run CCO3 around 1500-3000 times to achieve that, and considering while you're doing that, im busy running Coveted, and earning 5,000 PER MISSION more than you, i don't know how you expect to ever gain by having it.

Even WITH the buzzard, you can do CCO3 in around 3 minutes, IF you're as quick as OP - ive seen many other people saying it takes 3.30-4.00. I can do coveted in 3.20 - so if your time is valuable, you're better off not buying the buzzard, and running coveted instead :)

Also you cant gain in freeroam from owning a buzzard, because i have access to them in free roam too, and i didnt have to spend 1.75 million for it - i just spend 700 to request a chopper to the nearest helipad - if it isn't a buzzard, i fly to the Merryweather pier and collect one

anyway, glad i could help!

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

I tried this with a tank last night. A little slower than the buzzard but still fun to do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users