» «
Photo

RE: CASH CARDS

94 replies to this topic
blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:25 AM Edited by blakeney, 21 January 2014 - 10:26 AM.

People that make a major fuss over the cash cards want to go and try a "real" online/mmo type game..Then come back and cry that they are "being forced" into anything.

When they announced the cards, I was half expecting them to have a "clean/dirty" cash system in place, and things like shop brought cars etc and apartments would HAVE to be brought with clean (cash card) cash, that would have been cheeky and worth the fuss, but in all fairness it would be standard in terms of what other games do too.

*edit* To sum up my thoughts on it... If you are a casual gamer that thinks things like cash cards and DLC are a ripp off and potential court case, then you need to wake up and smell the coffee.. its 2014 not 1994 lol.

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

The Big Puffa

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

To hell with all the whining..

Remember one thing... YOU HAVE A CHOICE

Exercise it as you wish and just STFU...

• dannybohy and iainspad like this

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

I'm not a griefer, I like to 4x4 and drift and just generally explore the map. The pvp to me is very boring.
In the month I had my gifted money I spent over 10 million upgrading different vehicles seeing how they handled and generally enjoying the game the way I'd like to (or how everyone else says it "the way it should be played" lol).
When a fully upgraded truck or SUV runs you around $300 000 and I get a payout of $500 and 250RP for a team based pvp mission that I won, i'm going to assume that R* is trying to push us towards the shark cards.

I guess my point is that you don't need to be a griefer to need millions, and the only reason the payouts would be set low is to help sell shark cards. If anyone can give me another reason besides trying to extend gameplay, which a leveling system does just fine, I'd love to hear it.

what do you propose?

how can you play the way you want...

AND

allow the game to be played the way it was meant to be played?(insofar as R* created a game where doing jobs earns you cash)

also bearing in mind they want you to play it for years so ARE NOT going to make it a piece of piss to buy everything on day 1.

i'm also going to say there IS a way games are meant to be played...... batman doesn't have the option to 'sit down for a heart to heart talk with his opponents'.  you are meant to play 'like' batman, stealth and severe beatings! if you don't like stealthiness and beating the f*ck out of goons then that game is NOT for you............... buying it then complaining it's not the way you want is arrogant to say the least.

• iainspad likes this

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

EA **cough** **cough** **cough**
  • iainspad likes this

Michael_Westin
  • Michael_Westin

OperatorStatus

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Spot on, it all comes down to disposable income. You might not spend a dime on cash cards but maybe do in another game. Its all bout preference. With all the glitches I was like F cash cards but I do a spend a few dollars every paycheck in fifa UT. All about preference, after all its your money

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

You paid money for in-game currency, I have no respect for you, this post or your ridiculous hair (guessing the avatar is you)

INB4 Shut the f@ck up!

this

you have ridiculous hair, your point is invalid!

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

I didn't like Snakes on a Plane

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by gukklleb_911nn, 21 January 2014 - 02:52 PM.

Let's look at how these microtransactions have grown. We'll use Forza 5 for the example.

This game, you pay $60 + tax for and you're thinking you are getting the full package. Once downloaded and ready to play, you look at the assortment of cars available. Naturally you probably want the best car. When you look at the price, you see you can grind many many many hours into the game, which races did at one point give a sh*tty amount of points to purchase this car for free. OR you can pay more than $60. Yes pay more than the game originally costed to have this fast and furious car in your garage. 

As of now, the car prices have been adjusted in Forza 5 due to public outcry at how outrageous these transactions have become. 

You see, developers have started to grow this free2play microtransaction bullsh*t into full AAA retail games. Microtransctions will probably continue to show up in our games, as it's another outlet for the developer to make more money off it. 

Is there a point hidden somewhere in the deep recesses of this post? 

Umm... I think he means that eventually R* will see where they went wrong and lower the prices on some of the in-game stuff once they see that no one is buying cash cards. Yes?

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:56 PM Edited by PancakePoon, 21 January 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Let's look at how these microtransactions have grown. We'll use Forza 5 for the example.

This game, you pay $60 + tax for and you're thinking you are getting the full package. Once downloaded and ready to play, you look at the assortment of cars available. Naturally you probably want the best car. When you look at the price, you see you can grind many many many hours into the game, which races did at one point give a sh*tty amount of points to purchase this car for free. OR you can pay more than $60. Yes pay more than the game originally costed to have this fast and furious car in your garage. 

As of now, the car prices have been adjusted in Forza 5 due to public outcry at how outrageous these transactions have become. 

You see, developers have started to grow this free2play microtransaction bullsh*t into full AAA retail games. Microtransctions will probably continue to show up in our games, as it's another outlet for the developer to make more money off it. 

Yeah the point is, you're supporting something cancerous. 

• Zwenkwiel likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• The Connection
  • Red-Cross

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

I'm not no, because it isn't cancerous and you would be well pressed to actually back that up with anything approaching substantial. A good example here would have been to use Sims 3; that form of microtransaction is cancerous, because it can be easily purported to be effecting the game experience in negative ways.

Cash cards (GTA) and Tokens (Forza 5), however, do not ring true. Regarding Forza 5, you maligned the situation to fit your own opinion leaving out things like 1) They increased race payouts, 2) Had sales on cars, 3) Offered one free car of any value (yes, even the 'best' (lol) car) and even went so far as to apologise regarding the initial absurd token costs associated with cars.

Neither of those are cancerous; there are no discernible, harmful effects on either gameplay experience. Forza 5 is still a Forza game (sans missing features from previous games) and you can do everything in the base game without ever putting a single dollar into it after buying the disc. Same can be said of GTA Online.

Now, for a twist of irony, it is people like you who are wrong with modern gaming. Be gone, cancer. (I feel obligated that this bolded section is not serious. :p)

You and your breed of modern gamer are all huff and puff; making loud noises but offering little of substance or showing an understanding of 'things'. Your argument is basically distilled down to, "Waah I don't like this" which is about as useful -or valuable- as a kick to the nether regions.

Now, had your post amounted to something like below, I would have happily applauded and agreed with you. Unfortunately I can't do that. Yes, I know that you will be terribly distraught over this revelation, but shed no tears, for tomorrow brings another day fresh with possibility.

Umm... I think he means that eventually R* will see where they went wrong and lower the prices on some of the in-game stuff once they see that no one is buying cash cards. Yes?

I was hoping for something like that, or lowering the price of the cash cards, alas.

• Doktor Gott likes this

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

poemicro02i.jpg

mona-lisa-update.jpg

67c11d9d2c63639c06cdd3b39e2e2ce2e594c10e

football-funny-pic%20(570%20x%20379).jpg

• Zwenkwiel, PancakePoon, UchihaRingo and 1 other like this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

The ultimate karma, irony and tell tale is that the cash cards/online store has been and still is the bane of the glitches online....serves Rockstar right for introducing them into their online world. Dlc should have been plenty for lining their pockets with extra cash, but instead they've done everything to force even the most dedicated player to play the game their way under unfamiliar rules (RDR and GTA IV didn't follow these principles and allowed you to play however you wanted without limitation in the free roam world).

Yes cash cards are optional, but the proof is in the tape...with every update since release, adjustments were made to curb the amount of cash you could grind and that's the plain and obvious truth. Your not forced to buy them, but unless you can dedicate 8 or ore hours per week to grinding, your free roam experience is going to be a horror show unless you simply walk around with the free pistol and shotgun provided....good luck surviving with just those.

One caveat is that there has been a lot less mayhem online for those that simply want to walk around an open world doing the jerk animation at each other. Play on my brethren!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:41 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 21 January 2014 - 04:42 PM.

Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:

mona-lisa-update.jpg

this picture is a really good representation of what's going on in the games industry

and unless you can't see why paying twice the amount of money for the same content is a bad thing

keep on supporting microtransactions in AAA games

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:47 PM Edited by GtaGuy420, 21 January 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:

mona-lisa-update.jpg

this picture is a really good representation of what's going on in the games industry

and unless you can't see why paying twice the amount of money for the same content is a bad thing

Supporting great games will mean more support for those games and game devs making them.  Which is why i keep supporting microtransaction in games i love.

Besides.. Cards are a joke in GTA O.  Its easy to get money and only a fool would actually buy cash cards because they actually need it.

• iainspad likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

GtaGuy420, on 21 Jan 2014 - 5:47 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 21 Jan 2014 - 5:41 PM, said:

Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:

mona-lisa-update.jpg

Supporting great games will mean more support for those games and game devs making them.  Which is why i keep supporting microtransaction in games i love.

Besides.. Cards are a joke in GTA O.  Its easy to get money and only a fool would actually buy cash cards because they actually need it.

than f*cking charge me for it

I paid 60 bucks for the game, I wouldn't mind a subscription fee for maintaining servers

there's no need for these underhanded pay2win commercial BS tactics IMO

I don't need to buy one and never will, but the fact that the whole game is structured around money and grinding like crazy has a whole lot to do with the cash card scam and that just sucks donkey balls

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:04 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 21 January 2014 - 05:09 PM.

Doesn`t a conspiracy need to be something secret?

I believe that rockstar would have liked it to take around 6 months or so for the average (non grinding or exccesively casual) player to reach level 120. The higher level cars and tanks etc should have also taken months to collect the money for. Being rich and succesful was supposed to take time. When they balance the "economy" they do so with longer play in mind. The reason it is being taken so poorly is because they had it so far off the mark to start that people murdered that plan. Taking away is always worse than giving. They explicitly said that they balance the game without regard to cash cards...and that they are only available to give the option to impatient players.

If they removed the cash cards it would only really hurt the players who desire them. The amount of money rockstar is making off them is probably trivial compared to initial game sales and future dlc sales. Thier development time is already paid for.

They are actually priced high to discourage use of them.
  • beat_savy_9 and Coin like this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

This statement is enlightening, thank you.

• Coin likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

This statement is enlightening, thank you.
It could be true. It sure keeps me from ever thinking about it.

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

GtaGuy420, on 21 Jan 2014 - 5:47 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 21 Jan 2014 - 5:41 PM, said:

Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:Jyra, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:

mona-lisa-update.jpg

than f*cking charge me for it

I paid 60 bucks for the game, I wouldn't mind a subscription fee for maintaining servers

there's no need for these underhanded pay2win commercial BS tactics IMO

I don't need to buy one and never will, but the fact that the whole game is structured around money and grinding like crazy has a whole lot to do with the cash card scam and that just sucks donkey balls

Gonna have to disagree.   Its easy to make money HENCE everything about cash cards being a scam is mental issue created in your own mind.  Same for other players and honestly, its starting to get rather annoying.

There is no pay to win in GTA O.   If you suck and simply refuse to play the game you will simply be broke.  There is nothing more to it then that.  

Grinding like crazy = You seriously need think about WTF you are grinding like crazy for.  

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

I'm not a griefer, I like to 4x4 and drift and just generally explore the map. The pvp to me is very boring.
In the month I had my gifted money I spent over 10 million upgrading different vehicles seeing how they handled and generally enjoying the game the way I'd like to (or how everyone else says it "the way it should be played" lol).
When a fully upgraded truck or SUV runs you around $300 000 and I get a payout of $500 and 250RP for a team based pvp mission that I won, i'm going to assume that R* is trying to push us towards the shark cards.

I guess my point is that you don't need to be a griefer to need millions, and the only reason the payouts would be set low is to help sell shark cards. If anyone can give me another reason besides trying to extend gameplay, which a leveling system does just fine, I'd love to hear it.

what do you propose?

how can you play the way you want...
AND
allow the game to be played the way it was meant to be played?(insofar as R* created a game where doing jobs earns you cash)

also bearing in mind they want you to play it for years so ARE NOT going to make it a piece of piss to buy everything on day 1.

i'm also going to say there IS a way games are meant to be played...... batman doesn't have the option to 'sit down for a heart to heart talk with his opponents'.  you are meant to play 'like' batman, stealth and severe beatings! if you don't like stealthiness and beating the f*ck out of goons then that game is NOT for you............... buying it then complaining it's not the way you want is arrogant to say the least.

I'd like to see dlc that we pay for that would be worth the money and payouts raised or costs lowered so we don't have to grind missions to. be able to have fun the way we (each individual) would like too. I'm not against having to make money, it's just to slow if you don't do jobs continuously.
The fact that I don't kill people in a game called Grand Theft Auto is arrogant? So if I wanted to focus on racing in this game it's not the right way to play it?
I kinda figured the idea behind a sandbox is that you can play it however you want, that's why having to grind missions kinda bothers me.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by beat_savy_9, 21 January 2014 - 06:47 PM.

The fact that I don't kill people in a game called Grand Theft Auto is arrogant? So if I wanted to focus on racing in this game it's not the right way to play it?

I kinda figured the idea behind a sandbox is that you can play it however you want, that's why having to grind missions kinda bothers me.

The only rational protest I've read regarding "Y U No Play RitE!" argument is that's one slot of sixteen being wasted by a PvE player rather then a PvP player. I can understand this to some degree. But it can be used just as well in the reverse so it's a moot point.

A system that satisfies both types should have been implemented since launch, and I'm not suggesting friendly fire off or anything unrealistic, but maybe buffed punishments for player on player aggression in the casual PvE servers and little or punishment in the anarchy PvP servers choice being made before launching online. idk

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by iainspad, 21 January 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Spoiler

Spoilered because the post is long enough without the quote, which in itself is very long.

This is the reply that most annoys me, because frankly you are belittling me and trying to make yourself out the more logical by pissing all over my intellect, but while you have made a good argument, your mannerism completely kills it for me because you're treating me like an idiot. And f*ck me, I had to change the colour of the text because it's that bright!

So here's my rebuttal:

1. Of course Rockstar isn't developing this for free, but I doubt Cash Cards are their only finances on developing GTAO, because I'm pretty sure it's Take-Two Interactive funnelling all their budgets from the en masse resources they have. Yes, Cash Cards can help finance them but I doubt it's even making as much as half of GTA V's sales. What's more, the game isn't dependent on Cash Cards unlike free-to-play games. Your argument makes it sound like it is.

2. I have you done my research, you condescending dick. I am very anti-microtransaction most of the time, especially in the case of Angry Birds. Not all microtransactions are evil but Angry Birds Go!, a game where you can easily spend $50 on a microtransaction while they don't make it clear until right before you hit 'Confirm' in the App Store, is a proven example of this evil. GTAO and many others are not, because some games give you opportunities to earn what you want, and usually a lot of them, as well as not tricking you without showing the price, unlike some games who charge you even $1 for a simple game mechanic.

Team Fortress 2 is free to play because the microtransaction model has worked for Valve, but it's definitely not a necessity to use their store. You either get the weapon dropped, crafted, or bought, it's your choice. If you want to buy a really prized hat, you can easily spend a lot of money over such a cosmetic, fancy item. And I for one apologise to all the hat lovers out there.

3. There's a world of difference between economics and extortion. If people had to pay $10 for the Red Shark Card, that's greedy. Given that there's obviously a good number of people who even buy these cards, even at a few dollars, it still has to be split a number of ways, such as the seller, the developer, the publisher etc. so I'm not giving them a bigger idea to sell sh*t way more expensive than it needs to be, because it's not as if they're going to change the share of profits or method of sale tomorrow. It still has to sell at a price where everyone gets a slice of profit, but at least it isn't criminal.

I doubt too many people bought the Whale Shark Card, I mean, it's obviously very expensive, and I doubt it's going to go down either, because a price that high could only sell so well and yet it can still make a profit from each sale.

4. I have a full-time job, what about it? I put in maybe around 4–6 hours a week in GTAO, and around another 5 on the weekend depending what I'm doing. I'm not saying I'm the base model for a working-class GTAO player, but what you do and what you want to do in GTAO is up to you; are you a casual player? Are you hardcore? Are you a pick-up-and-play when I feel like it kinda guy? The microtransaction market is pretty open and, as I'll state further on, I didn't particularly need to buy a Cash Card, and none of the above need to buy it either; because if you're casual and work a lot of your time away I doubt you'd want to spend your money on something you'll only spend a few hours a week on at best, because that could be wasteful.

5. I wasn't prompted to buy one, I just bought one out of f*cking innocence. Earning may be a grind in GTAO but you're being a tool at this point. Getting money in GTAO is not that hard, it's keeping it that's difficult. As aforementioned in this thread earlier, I agreed that the exchange rate in Los Santos is f*cked! However, that's another argument, because my point was it isn't hard to get money, but you're deciding to pick me out as contradictory by picking out two different points on the same financial pane. Getting money in Los Santos isn't hard but spending it isn't either is the ultimate point. It's no different than in GTA game where you're strapped for money; pick your investments wisely. Guns? Cars? Clothes? You decide what you want to do with your money, not the game.

I didn't need a cash card, but I wanted one to keep my in-game finances very far above water so if the inevitable over spending happens in the near future then my finances wouldn't get crippled.

And I doubt they will, considering being a Scotsman, we're known for keeping our cash more strapped than a fat hooker's corset.

6. Oh whoopidy-f*cking-doo; you had to bring up their real motive for the cash wipe [citation needed].

Yes, it's a matter of convenience but it's obvious you lack a patience of challenge. I'm well aware the payout and RP has been nerfed but that doesn't make the game impossible. It's incredibly hard to balance a game as big as GTAO, hell they even made it so the losers can get more money, the good sport payout has gone up, but of course, you're not going to cite that because it's obvious to me you want to paint Rockstar as evil as EA.

Also, many who farmed and grinded didn't get their money taken away; I certainly didn't have anything happen. You're obviously just looking for excuse to make Rockstar look bad for resetting all that cash.

7. You may call it a contradiction, but my main point is that the Cash Cards aren't forced among us, and the conspiracy is related to it because people like you will make a conspiracy out of stupid sh*t like this since you think we are being oppressed to buy these and try to look like heroes against 'the big bad company', when in reality you lack little evidence to prove that they really are evil and greedy.

Anyway, I'm very tired, and I probably didn't make a lot of sense this time either (I'm a terrible writer) but let me end with this.

At least Rockstar have the common decency to give people like you 4 DLC packs for free. Those Heists are taking darn long to develop, aren't they? At least you won't need to pay jack sh*t for something that took them a f*cking long time to develop let alone ambitious packs like the Content Creator. If they were actually that determined to make money, they would have priced them all at least $5 if not $10, so yeah, I think we're pretty fortunate to not be forced to hand over our money unless we decide to do so.

There's a difference between holding our gameplay hostage, and actually giving us a choice to have little boost should we want it.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by rlr149, 21 January 2014 - 10:49 PM.

payouts raised or costs lowered so we don't have to grind missions to. be able to have fun the way we (each individual) would like too.

again i ask how you propose to make that fair? you get free ammo and car mods, the rest of us have to earn money to pay for same items?

it's a high expectation you have, least you can do is come up with an idea as to how it works for EVERYONE.

I'm not against having to make money, it's just to slow if you don't do jobs continuously.

based on what, you don't have to 'complete' the game in a set time!

The fact that I don't kill people in a game called Grand Theft Auto is arrogant?

no, expecting the game to drastically change its intended mechanics is,  

it's like expecting an author to re-write chapters in a book because the reader thought they were sh*t.  

So if I wanted to focus on racing in this game it's not the right way to play it?

i won't say it's the 'wrong way' but if your focusing on racing, buying a dedicated racing game would seem the more logical solution. the whole game is the game, not the small part you actually like.

it's a misnomer, 'sandbox' doesn't mean 'ultimate' freedom, it just means more freedom than usual.

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by Chinsei, 21 January 2014 - 11:17 PM.

i've only bought 1 card since starting the cheapest o.O because i had a few bucks on a greendot card an 3$ doesn't buy much of anything online so i figured i'd use it to give me a place to store a car.

i don't have a problem with the cards they don't effect me if other people use them. or why  they use them.

however i do think the prices need to be a bit more balanced online Repairs 500$ , Flashlight for a rifle 5,000$ (roughly) ...so yeah, it should be the other way around at minimum. it'd definitely encourage driving our cars better..also don't think cars should insta repair whenever we store them >.<

I don't know much about micro transactions but they do work for alot of games however what other games offer is usually items that are either Aesthetic(mostly) like Mabinogi, or there are some that kinda are overpowered usuable items such as in combat oriented games like Exteel(old mech game i doubt anyone here has heard of though i think its still up an running) .

i have no problem with the pay outs from missions since it just means i have to save up , an take my time an decide specifically on what i wanna buy when i'm playing. currently i have pretty much everything i want ..though im at the point i wish i could get a bigger garage >.< because at 10 cars o.O you realize you could turn it into pokecars! gotta collect'em all!.

but 10 cars is fine and i assume they'll eventually add bigger garages unless theres a reason they limited to 10 cars max.

i like the game, the world, i like Online when people aren't being jerks. an i wish the game offered more chances to be unique in terms of where you live (though not to hard in terms of location since people move to the most expensive one as soon as they can so choosing to stay somewhere cause it suites your tastes is fine.) .i think the game is fine how it is aside from minor balances to expenses...though i think it'd be nice if there were more 'hangout ' activities you could do besides movie,strip,or home o.o i mean i know there are all kinds of mini games but at the end i can't find many things to actually 'spend' the money on at this point o.o i have the cars i like hm i don't have any 'super' cars but mostly because i think they all look kinda lame to me atleast. so..to me i'd be fine if things cost more.. primarily death, and car repairs o.o

• iainspad likes this

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

I'm not no, because it isn't cancerous and you would be well pressed to actually back that up with anything approaching substantial. A good example here would have been to use Sims 3; that form of microtransaction is cancerous, because it can be easily purported to be effecting the game experience in negative ways.

Cash cards (GTA) and Tokens (Forza 5), however, do not ring true. Regarding Forza 5, you maligned the situation to fit your own opinion leaving out things like 1) They increased race payouts, 2) Had sales on cars, 3) Offered one free car of any value (yes, even the 'best' (lol) car) and even went so far as to apologise regarding the initial absurd token costs associated with cars.

Neither of those are cancerous; there are no discernible, harmful effects on either gameplay experience. Forza 5 is still a Forza game (sans missing features from previous games) and you can do everything in the base game without ever putting a single dollar into it after buying the disc. Same can be said of GTA Online.

Now, for a twist of irony, it is people like you who are wrong with modern gaming. Be gone, cancer. (I feel obligated that this bolded section is not serious. :p)

You and your breed of modern gamer are all huff and puff; making loud noises but offering little of substance or showing an understanding of 'things'. Your argument is basically distilled down to, "Waah I don't like this" which is about as useful -or valuable- as a kick to the nether regions.

If you read the post, I stated that car prices in Forza 5 have been adjusted and mentioned that races did give out a sh*tty point payout. You still can't disregard the fact they launched thinking those prices and the amount of points you got per race was at a good level. 

I'm what's wrong with the community because I don't want to pay more money after shelling out $60 for a game thinking I will be receiving all the content like previous years? Oh okay, makes sense.

It was the same when DLC first was introduced. People thought paying $60 was everything there was to offer for the game, but developers introduced $10 - $15 DLC. DLC wasn't welcomed with open arms and to this day people still disagree with developers mentioning DLC for their game. 

AAA titles shouldn't have microtransactions. 

• UchihaRingo likes this

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

If you read the post, I stated that car prices in Forza 5 have been adjusted and mentioned that races did give out a sh*tty point payout. You still can't disregard the fact they launched thinking those prices and the amount of points you got per race was at a good level. 

I'm what's wrong with the community because I don't want to pay more money after shelling out $60 for a game thinking I will be receiving all the content like previous years? Oh okay, makes sense.

It was the same when DLC first was introduced. People thought paying $60 was everything there was to offer for the game, but developers introduced $10 - $15 DLC. DLC wasn't welcomed with open arms and to this day people still disagree with developers mentioning DLC for their game. 

You seem to reside in a parallel universe. People want DLC for their games, they want extras. If they didn't, they wouldnt make them, and folk wouldnt buy them. You're confusing your opinions with reality. You dont have to buy any of this stuff, it's totally up to you. Its called Capitalism. Derp.

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

as long as the games up and running i don't see the problem in no way of they made it mandatory you to buy the money cards. it takes longer perhaps to get what you want but in the end it doesn't stop you and while i agree DLC shouldn't exist i prefer the days when expansion packs were released with a whole new set of content to add on to the game but times change, an as long as people buy it it will continue on. so theres no point in complaining about it.

the games fun to play the DLC so far has been free , and the only thing money cards do is give a way for the people who glitch an obviously can't compete in the game with out stacking things in there favor through hacking, or exploits with which to use against other people an then stand up on there high horse like a good corrupt individual looking down on the rest.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

No DLC would mean no Undead Nightmare, no BOGT, no LATD, no Beyond The Sword or Warlords for Civ, none of the extra cases for LA Noire, so much awesome stuff wouldnt exist.

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

You seem to reside in a parallel universe. People want DLC for their games, they want extras. If they didn't, they wouldnt make them, and folk wouldnt buy them. You're confusing your opinions with reality. You dont have to buy any of this stuff, it's totally up to you. Its called Capitalism. Derp.

I think you misread where I said there are people who don't support DLC. I never said anything about my opinion on it. And we'll use this picture to show what DLC is turning into. 

mona-lisa-update.jpg

Another thing was with DICE announcing the completion of China Rising a month early before the games release, but still charged for that content even though it was fully completed and ready to ship. Though, some Battlefield 4 copies did come with a free China Rising code because of the limited edition + pre-order, but there are plenty of people who did not receive that code. 

I'm fine with DLC as long as it ADDS content to the game which was worked on during the lifespan of the game, rather than announcing a bunch of DLC before the game is even out.  

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

For every jaw dropping, amazing, well worth it DLC that adds hours of extra gameplay .. there are 200 horse armors.

That is the problem.

Cash Cards... not a problem though as most normal people (even casuals) don't need it.. game isn't that hard

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Jyra, on 22 Jan 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:

For every jaw dropping, amazing, well worth it DLC that adds hours of extra gameplay .. there are 200 horse armors.

That is the problem.

Cash Cards... not a problem though as most normal people (even casuals) don't need it.. game isn't that hard

but don't you see

a cash card is way worse than horse armor

it's basically 20 bucks for a fancy car or something

ridonkulous!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users