Photo

RE: CASH CARDS

94 replies to this topic
gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

I didn't like Snakes on a Plane

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Heres my thought. If rockstar really cared about the quality of the game, they would not have set it up like a facebook game hoping people would dump real cash to aid in their progress.

If they really cared about the quality of the game, they would not have spent so much effort in wiping game cash, and instead would have concentrated on the real problems.

so now we are all broke, and have to deal with those problems. they trolled us ya'll. 

Speak for yourself.

I'm rich, biotch, and legitimately so.

The only people that are complaining and may leave the game are the modders and glitchers so good riddance. I'm glad they took my money, I wanted to make my own money and be proud of buying an expensive car that maybe no-one else has, not given 7 billion dollars by some random modder that left everyone else in a tank. I have made 200k legitimately in just this weekend. It's not that hard dudes just do some deathmatches and go bounty hunting, that's the way the game is supposed to be played anyways. :) 

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

I refuse to buy play money.
But then again I don't play like Rambo empty my rocket launcher every fuc*king session.

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

I didn't read all but i agree with this part

Finally, remember, we're not being forced to buy cash cards. Cash cards are not a necessity in the game, and you can still earn money. It's gratifying to earn money in GTAO, save, and spend it on something useful, it gives a strong sense of achievement, and can help achieve more things.

i didn't read at all lol. Saw the length of the post, read the other replies and i guessed it was a "you're not forced to buy it" opinion. 

R* is holding a gun to my head forcing me to buy cash cards

well-youre-f*cked_o_1096651.jpg

• iFight, Insert-Coin-To-Continue and iainspad like this

Ankarstrom
  • Ankarstrom

Scooter brother

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:13 PM Edited by Ankarstrom, 20 January 2014 - 03:13 PM.

Heres my thought. If rockstar really cared about the quality of the game, they would not have set it up like a facebook game hoping people would dump real cash to aid in their progress.

Most mobile/facebook games in the freemium genre use two in-game currencies, i.e. normal in game cash and a premium currency that you can only get from 'cash cards'. These games have content only available for premium currency, usually offering and advantage towards other players. 

As long as R* doesn't introduce a premium currency I don't really see the problem here. The only 'benefit' you get from buying cash cards today is that your garage probably end up full of super cars faster than us normal players. I'm quite happy with a garage with mostly non-premium (stealable) cars and don't really see the need for any extra cash injections.

Fun fact: Approx. 1% of the players in the freemium genre account for 25-50% of the revenues (Google 'freemium whales'). With R*'s non-premium strategy I guess the cash card buying player base is even less. 

• iainspad likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Rockstar's not really making it mandatory to use cash cards though. They're really trying hard, forcing you every step of the way (eg try getting a postitute with 1 million in the bank and no cash at hand. You need a cash card for that lol), but it's not mandatory.

It's like "Are you REALLY, REALLY sure you don't want to buy these cards? It's cool. It's just that the game is SUUUUPER hard, you know. Cash cards make it easier. Still no? It's cool. I'll just leave it here. OH YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR A HOOKER BUY A CASH CARD- oh you know how to withdraw money. Darn it."

• gukklleb_911nn and paulmgrath like this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 20 January 2014 - 03:26 PM.

I understand what people say about if you work its ok because you dont have time, but i would much rather grind in a game then grind at WORK but i hate my job so i suppose its differant if you like your job or are highly paid.

Im an old school gamer so having to play more and get further in the game to be able unlock and have better things is kinda the norm to me.

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Rockstar's not really making it mandatory to use cash cards though. They're really trying hard, forcing you every step of the way (eg try getting a postitute with 1 million in the bank and no cash at hand. You need a cash card for that lol), but it's not mandatory.

It's like "Are you REALLY, REALLY sure you don't want to buy these cards? It's cool. It's just that the game is SUUUUPER hard, you know. Cash cards make it easier. Still no? It's cool. I'll just leave it here. OH YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR A HOOKER BUY A CASH CARD- oh you know how to withdraw money. Darn it."

Lol you could've used a vending machine as an example :p

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

I think the cash cards are more of a joke where people can opt to buy them, if they choose.

I've never had problems making cash.  SO it just offends me when people try and cliam cash cards are being forced on players when i've never felt forced.

Oooh.. Expect when I pull up to street hookers with noo money in hand and it asks me if i want to buy cash cards.  That makes me lol.

AbortSanity
  • AbortSanity

Mr Raspberry-Jam's Bitch

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Shaved that monstrosity yet, kid?

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

You need better material, kid.

• UchihaRingo and iainspad like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

I think the cash cards are more of a joke where people can opt to buy them, if they choose.

I've never had problems making cash.  SO it just offends me when people try and cliam cash cards are being forced on players when i've never felt forced.

Oooh.. Expect when I pull up to street hookers with noo money in hand and it asks me if i want to buy cash cards.  That makes me lol.

That is funny, indeed.  If there were more cash-only transactions in GTA0, it would not seem quite so odd and funny.  "I bought 3 cash cards to support my GTA0 hooker habit."  I'm waiting for the patch where I can pay the hookers directly from my phone.  :colgate: We've got to keep up with the times. 

The one that gets me is when you take a taxi, and at the end of the trip, a box pops up saying that you don't have enough cash to pay for the taxi ride, and now you have a wanted level.  That would have been the time for the game to suggest cash cards. 

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Here's my spew on this (and I didn't read anything else because a lot of it was people talking about hair).  

Everyone says grinding missions for money and I keep asking myself, why?  You shouldn't be a millionaire overnight.  It should build over time.  Besides, what are you grinding for?  There is no gold at the end of this rainbow.  All you're doing is buying a Rhino Tank or a Buzzard and then shooting at each other!  That's fun for about 5 minutes.  

The reason is you weren't given a goal, so you mindlessly drill through it.  R* doesn't understand people are idiots and need to be led around like little children.  If you doubt that look at your GTA Online world for half a second.  Hardly anyone does missions or races, they just run around the lobby shooting each other in the quest for a tank to shoot even more people and blow up cars.  Talk about lack of direction!  Which means the Crew system fails as well.

I think this is where online fails because there is no build up to that moment.  The only "story" you get is the start where you meet Lamar.  I thought there was going to be more story with cut scenes with my character.  I mean only the NPCs are talking so this should be pretty easy right?   

I thought that was going to happen.  When I started I see spots for characters, which means it's replayable and you have different character slots for those options.  Then the first cut scene happens and then Lamar calls you to set up a mission where you meet Gerald.  Then you meet Lester and finally by 15th level you meet Trevor... then nothing.  It felt like I got maybe 5 more missions when in reality I have many more, but it was because of the structure that I got bored. 

What it should've done was continued with the cut scenes and different paths albeit you can take all of them at some point.  

Here's some good examples:

Gang Warfare

If enough of your crew is online.  Lamar calls and says that some boys are messing with his group and you and a few of his friends need to deal with it.  The mission is simply a linked to a Crew only Death Match.  The Teams are unbalanced so you can power play.  You must complete the Death Match to proceed in the story line.  

You're a Pro Racer! 

First there should be a guy who calls and says he has a street race he needs you to do (just like Dom).  Once you win a certain amount of races he says he has a friend who needs to sponsor someone for a big race.  You get a special paint job to apply to your car (livery style) and a special suit.  You get a daily bonus for driving with the paint job.  Win enough sponsored races and you get a trophy for your apartment with associated cut scene and a big bonus.  

You're gonna need this!
Before you can start the mission you need a certain item.  The mission doesn't start until it's either in your garage or at Pegasis.

Then a basic story line unfolds where each person says they're going to help you with your thing, alluding that you need assistance with something and you can just put in what that thing is.  

At the end of it all you get a call from the producer saying they want to make a movie about your life and go to the theater (red carpet or whatever) and you get to see a mock up story with your character's playing throughout with your different outfits etc.  It could even be just highlights.  Talk about motivation to replay and change cloths, etc.  

Instead of this game theme, we're thrown into a virtual sandbox to fight it out and that's exactly what we did while complaining the game didn't hand us all the money so we could do what we wanted.

• Sangers, LuapYllier and diggernicks like this

Danes32
  • Danes32

San Diego's Finest

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

R* is becoming a shady, greedy, corrupt, corporation just like their cousins EA. When they nerfed the payouts, they posted on their Newswire that it was "to balance the online economy". Anyone who can't see through that BS, please get on your short bus and put your helmet on. How can they think cutting payouts would balance an economy, when they will sell you millions for real money? Wouldn't those millions you purchase upset this so called economy? They should have come up with a better excuse for nerfing payouts, because it was blaringly obvious that it was a ploy to sell cash cards.

Now let's talk price for these cards. $20 will get me $1.25 mil. That isn't even enough to buy a tank. So if I don't want or have the time to grind, I still can't get a tank for $20, seriously? One of my favorite R* games was Red Dead Redemption. I bought a DLC for $15. With that $15, I got 10 hours of a new story mode, 4 new horses, new weapons, and I'm sure some other things I'm forgetting. ALL FOR $15!!!!!!! How in the hell can they justify charging $20 for something that can't even get you "one" of the most expensive vehicles in the game? They can't, and neither can you fanboys.

Too many big companies are trying to milk the new trend of micro transactions, and they're doing it all wrong. I understand micro transactions for mobile/tablet games that are free to play. That makes sense, and their transactions are actually MICRO. But charging $20 (Nothing micro about that) for something that is literally 1/100 of what we have payed for/received in the past, is ridiculous. Greed greed greed. Shame on you R*. Many of us aren't as dumb as you hoped we would be.

And thank you to the modders who also saw through this corporate greed, and shared the wealth. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the latest R* board meeting,
"How are the cash card sales going Johnson?"
"Ugh, not so good sir, 80% of the population are billionaires now and already bought every car, vehicle, and apartment the game has to offer."
"Well f*ck, Johnson, you're fired."
  • UchihaRingo, diggernicks and paulmgrath like this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Lol you could've used a vending machine as an example :p
He did... :whistle:

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

R* is becoming a shady, greedy, corrupt, corporation just like their cousins EA. When they nerfed the payouts, they posted on their Newswire that it was "to balance the online economy". Anyone who can't see through that BS, please get on your short bus and put your helmet on. How can they think cutting payouts would balance an economy, when they will sell you millions for real money? Wouldn't those millions you purchase upset this so called economy? They should have come up with a better excuse for nerfing payouts, because it was blaringly obvious that it was a ploy to sell cash cards.

who are you to decide what the 'earning' rate ingame should be?

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

You paid money for in-game currency, I have no respect for you, this post or your ridiculous hair (guessing the avatar is you)

I have no problem with your anti-microtransaction preference, but insulting my hair?!

That gets my attention.

Haha, I knew it would, get the clippers out, son!

I'm assuming you're bald; I can't tell as you're hiding behind a computer monitor like a frightened little bint like yourself would, so I'm making an assumption that you hate me as I can grow hair.

I'll also have you know that my now-longer mohawk gets me plenty of ham wallets, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Is your hairline thin in the front corners?

Nice job if DIY

Shark cards are overpriced

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

what a head

rdurland
  • rdurland

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

People continue to cite rockstar's nerfing of mission payouts as proof that they want to force you to buy cash cards.  They also continue to forget the other adjustments rockstar put in place at that time and since then that make earning much much easier.  Here is a list of the ones I can recall:

- Reduced amount of cash on hand dropped when a player kills you to only $500.  You used to lose all your cash on hand if you were killed.

- Reduced hospital bills.  It used to cost $2000 to die.  It is only a fraction of that now.

- Reduced pegasus fee.  $200 now opposed to $1000.

- Passive fee eliminated completely.  Used to be $100, now it is free.

- INCREASED mission payouts 50% if played on hard.

Yeah repeat mission payouts were cut in half.  Many common fees were cut by more than half, and the risk of losing cash on hand to another player was almost completely eliminated.

Then rockstar upped payouts to 3/4 of the first time playthrough rate if you complete them on hard, which is pretty easy to do at level 20 and above.

All of this gives me pause to say that all of their decisions are based on forcing you to buy shark cards.

• iainspad likes this

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

Anybody who is sitting around worrying about cash cards (mostly because they can't afford them) and other people buying them... goddamn, you guys have problems.

• ZeusMowat_278, Varios Los Aztecas, Sangers and 2 others like this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

Shark cards are there for people to buy when they please. Don't get why other people have a bitch fit or get butthurt when they find out someone buys a shark card.
  • Bluesun62, Yogogamer, z0etr0pe and 1 other like this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

You paid money for in-game currency, I have no respect for you, this post or your ridiculous hair (guessing the avatar is you)

I have no problem with your anti-microtransaction preference, but insulting my hair?!

That gets my attention.

Haha, I knew it would, get the clippers out, son!

I'm assuming you're bald; I can't tell as you're hiding behind a computer monitor like a frightened little bint like yourself would, so I'm making an assumption that you hate me as I can grow hair.

I'll also have you know that my now-longer mohawk gets me plenty of ham wallets, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Is a ham wallet a fat chicks beef drapes?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

I only bought two with gift cards. I made the rest of my money through earning it and I do admit occasional replaying of easy and quick missions and I have everything I want. I can't afford a Z Type yet but I don't like them too much anyway.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Homie

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

I'm not a griefer, I like to 4x4 and drift and just generally explore the map. The pvp to me is very boring.
In the month I had my gifted money I spent over 10 million upgrading different vehicles seeing how they handled and generally enjoying the game the way I'd like to (or how everyone else says it "the way it should be played" lol).
When a fully upgraded truck or SUV runs you around $300 000 and I get a payout of $500 and 250RP for a team based pvp mission that I won, i'm going to assume that R* is trying to push us towards the shark cards.

I guess my point is that you don't need to be a griefer to need millions, and the only reason the payouts would be set low is to help sell shark cards. If anyone can give me another reason besides trying to extend gameplay, which a leveling system does just fine, I'd love to hear it.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

Is your hairline thin in the front corners?

Nice job if DIY

Shark cards are overpriced

Mmmm I wouldn't say it's thin, but it is easy to notice the loose, short strands. And yes, I did it cut it myself.

After 3 beers, I should add. Eventhough I wanted a mohawk since I went to NYC last April, it took some convincing in case something important like work objectified it. Turns out they loved it.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

You need better material, kid.

*Sigh* Every time I hear someone attempt to use the word 'Kid' in a derogatory fashion, I can't help but feel the poster is a little.... well, pitiable tbh...

• shootingallovertheplace, gukklleb_911nn and iainspad like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:33 AM Edited by iainspad, 21 January 2014 - 02:35 AM.

Now let's talk price for these cards. $20 will get me $1.25 mil. That isn't even enough to buy a tank. So if I don't want or have the time to grind, I still can't get a tank for $20, seriously? One of my favorite R* games was Red Dead Redemption. I bought a DLC for $15. With that $15, I got 10 hours of a new story mode, 4 new horses, new weapons, and I'm sure some other things I'm forgetting. ALL FOR $15!!!!!!! How in the hell can they justify charging $20 for something that can't even get you "one" of the most expensive vehicles in the game? They can't, and neither can you fanboys.

Too many big companies are trying to milk the new trend of micro transactions, and they're doing it all wrong. I understand micro transactions for mobile/tablet games that are free to play. That makes sense, and their transactions are actually MICRO. But charging $20 (Nothing micro about that) for something that is literally 1/100 of what we have payed for/received in the past, is ridiculous. Greed greed greed. Shame on you R*. Many of us aren't as dumb as you hoped we would be.

And thank you to the modders who also saw through this corporate greed, and shared the wealth. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the latest R* board meeting,
"How are the cash card sales going Johnson?"
"Ugh, not so good sir, 80% of the population are billionaires now and already bought every car, vehicle, and apartment the game has to offer."
"Well f*ck, Johnson, you're fired."

Have you ever considered that Rockstar may be, just may be, human, instead of seeing them as evil by default?

$1.25million in-game can still get you ten hours of gameplay, depending on what your ambition is with it. Boo hoo, it doesn't get you a tank, so why not invest in weapons and cars that have much longer lasting quality than a griefing tool everyone seems to get a hold of? (Yours truly may invest in one for reasons of non-griefing, though people will instantly see it as griefing regardless hence I haven't bought it yet)

Also, you're wrong to think of modders and hackers are heroes; that shows typical entitlement for getting something for nothing. They ruined the game for a lot of people, because not everyone wanted the counterfeit cash, and it wouldn't surprise me if this was seen as a form of attack, because while the loopholes were there in the system it is still wrong to manipulate an exploit in software for your gain as well as being a massive nuisance to others.

At least R* isn't EA, because what R* are doing is a much lesser evil than anything EA will ever do. GTAO isn't exactly free-to-play, and thankfully it isn't, because if it was I'd guarantee the microtransactions being much, much higher. I'd see them being more like Valve; because Team Fortress 2's microtransactions aren't a necessity either; it depends on your wants and ambitions in microtransactions.

• gukklleb_911nn likes this

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:29 AM Edited by gukklleb_911nn, 21 January 2014 - 06:31 AM.

I dont really mind the Cash Cards, not many people buy them anyways, besides Skill>Money. There are easy solutions to the typical cash card noob you may be worrying about.

Tank griefer? 1)Go off the radar 2)Go to the military base 3)Steal a jet 4)Blow up his tank 5)Spawn kill the noob 6)He rage quits 7)Done!

RPG/Minugun noob? 1)Gain some distance 2)Snipe him 3)Snipe him 4)Snipe him

Sticky Bomber? 1)Run until he kills himself with his own sticky bomb. 2)Spawn kill him over and over. 3)He will either run or quit.

When R* took all our billions away i was glad, I want to feel the strong sense of accomplishment I get for buying an expensive car. And not end up in a Bugatti while 90% of the community already had one... Now that we're semi-poor, robbing stores doesn't feel as unprofitable. And robbing stores, completing missions, and doing death matches for money is the way GTA Online is supposed to be played after all... Isn't it?

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:55 AM Edited by PancakePoon, 21 January 2014 - 06:57 AM.

Let's look at how these microtransactions have grown. We'll use Forza 5 for the example.

This game, you pay $60 + tax for and you're thinking you are getting the full package. Once downloaded and ready to play, you look at the assortment of cars available. Naturally you probably want the best car. When you look at the price, you see you can grind many many many hours into the game, which races did at one point give a sh*tty amount of points to purchase this car for free. OR you can pay more than $60. Yes pay more than the game originally costed to have this fast and furious car in your garage. 

As of now, the car prices have been adjusted in Forza 5 due to public outcry at how outrageous these transactions have become. 

You see, developers have started to grow this free2play microtransaction bullsh*t into full AAA retail games. Microtransctions will probably continue to show up in our games, as it's another outlet for the developer to make more money off it. 

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

Let's look at how these microtransactions have grown. We'll use Forza 5 for the example.

This game, you pay $60 + tax for and you're thinking you are getting the full package. Once downloaded and ready to play, you look at the assortment of cars available. Naturally you probably want the best car. When you look at the price, you see you can grind many many many hours into the game, which races did at one point give a sh*tty amount of points to purchase this car for free. OR you can pay more than $60. Yes pay more than the game originally costed to have this fast and furious car in your garage. 

As of now, the car prices have been adjusted in Forza 5 due to public outcry at how outrageous these transactions have become. 

You see, developers have started to grow this free2play microtransaction bullsh*t into full AAA retail games. Microtransctions will probably continue to show up in our games, as it's another outlet for the developer to make more money off it. 

Is there a point hidden somewhere in the deep recesses of this post? 

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:04 AM Edited by LeAristocrat, 21 January 2014 - 10:18 AM.

First of all, there's no conspiracy or secret motive, and while the payout has changed a lot since GTAO started, in which I'm a little saddened by, I severely doubt that is the case for those cards. I will admit balancing an economy makes it more difficult and it's less fun, but fun is also subjective. - What?? There is a conspiracy and obvious motive for cash card sales. Rockstar is a for profit company and no for profit company is willing to sponsor "free development" of a game for the next 5+ years no matter how much money they've made. Business is not a charity. That's like Verizon selling you a cell phone (the GTA 5 game) once and providing you service ("DLC") but not charging you every month. 

While it could be argued that Rockstar is pushing us to use them, I don't think Rockstar is depending on those cash cards. For one thing, relying on microtransactions isn't very reliable and forcing people to use them isn't a good business model either. People will buy them, but it isn't a strong finance model. I'd think they'd use cash cards as a financial boost as much as we do in the game, but it's not the be-all end-all for money in the game, in the cases of the developer and the player. - Your first sentence almost contradicts you whole argument. Microtransactions are very reliable. OMG, have you been hiding under a rock for the past 7 years: World of Warcraft, Runescape, Call of Duty down to Angry Birds on your cellphone. It's the strongest business model for games right now and almost every developer is switching over to it. Do your research please!

You could argue about the Whale Shark Card being so expensive, but I don't see many people buying that card, hence it's such a high price. I don't see Rockstar making too much on those cards, I think game sales make up much more than that as not everyone will be playing GTAO, but also not everyone playing GTAO is going to use cash cards.

In regards to price, take the following into consideration: while not everyone buys these, I also doubt Rockstar takes in 100% of the transaction. I'm pretty sure, down in the middle, Sony and Microsoft have to take a percentage of the take per transaction, because it's going through their store system and they are the seller, so it makes sense the seller has to take some of the profit. - They don't which is even a bigger incentive for them to manipulate the economy to sell them! What! Your argument is going down the drain.

As far as making money is concerned, it isn't that difficult in GTAO. Partaking in missions, gang attacks, races, survivals, selling cars, attacking armoured trucks, and robbing stores can easily build up your character's finances in a few hours. Cash cards are not a necessity, as while the payouts have gone down in GTAO, they're not that damaging. People will cry foul at this point and blame cash cards, but if you actually play the game you will find that payouts build up quickly. Remember, even if you start earning pittens, over time it becomes a fortune, especially in GTAO. - Sure given that you have the time. Many of GTA O's players are full time working people which means they don't have the time like everyone else (unemployed persons or kid's who are in school) to grind or invest in the game. Sure they can play for a few hours and make some money, but that's if they have the high level missions that actually pay something decent and even if they make some money that money will be eaten alive by ammo expense, home, clothing, and car purchases, and car upgrades. Sure they can "technically" live on that, but at a desolate level. Wouldn't it be so much easier to just spend a few bucks on cash cards. After all, they have the money. This is the market they are going after bro. They're not going after the person who has all the time in the world.

I will admit that things are horrifically priced in GTAO, but again, the grind helps. I'm beginning to play more missions and survivals due to payout, and it's helping the finances I want to achieve and what I want to spend it on. I may have bought a shark card myself, but I only used one as financial assurance in case my finances sink. - Dude, this whole paragraph completely contradicts your argument. Jesus! How would your finances sink if "it isn't that difficult in GTAO. Partaking in missions, gang attacks, races, survivals, selling cars, attacking armoured trucks, and robbing stores can easily build up your character's finances in a few hours." a quote from your above paragraph. So here you buy a cash card and admit that making money is not that easy as you make it out to be and you have some fears about your finances, enough fear that you were prompted to buy one. Hmm I see.

Finally, remember, we're not being forced to buy cash cards. Cash cards are not a necessity in the game, and you can still earn money. It's gratifying to earn money in GTAO, save, and spend it on something useful, it gives a strong sense of achievement, and can help achieve more things. - Of course you're not forced to buy cash cards, just like you're not forced to buy fast food, or pay a toll to make it to the other side of town faster, or buy the overly priced candy bars or beer from the "convenience" stores. It's all about "convenience," it's the name of the game and BIG business. You just have to make it feasible and make things not so easy to attain (nerfing missions, resetting money EVEN legit money). Ha! Resetting the modded money gave them a reason to reset the legit money that people earned by farming.

Hopefully my point of view has been constructive, and hopefully it's a break of flow from the negativity of cash cards. As aforementioned we're not forced to buy them, but playing the game helps finances, as long as you carry the virtue of patience and you'll soon be sitting on a monolith of the mighty dollar. - Being a break of flow does not mean you're right. Your argument starts by saying "there's no conspiracy or secret motive [to sell cash cards]", then ends with "we're not being forced to buy cash cards," which are two different arguments. Even though your post is mature and constructive, you contradicted yourself more than once and didn't really prove anything. So I'm confused now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users