Good drift car?

64 replies to this topic
MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

In a carbo. I managed 3 full sideways 'laps' of the circular seating area thing outside of my garage at weasel plaza.
If you wanna call that drifting? Fishtailing whatever. I try it all the time, but the carbo seems to do the best

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

In a carbo. I managed 3 full sideways 'laps' of the circular seating area thing outside of my garage at weasel plaza.
If you wanna call that drifting? Fishtailing whatever. I try it all the time, but the carbo seems to do the best

Personally if you are actually controlling it, I would say it counts as drifting/powersliding. Have you tried to do the same with the Vacca? I seem to get slightly better results, but I have not played with the Carbo in that manner a lot. 

Some of us(crew and friends)  will do that at Weazel plaza also. Dunno if you have or not, but we try to switch it up and figure 8 the 2 things and other variations within those 2 circles. It is a lot of fun imo.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

Being a Asian I must point out, Drift King is no f*cking where near a drift track.. Only thing close to a drifting circuit is because of its location. At the docks.

What's being Asian gotta do with anything? You reckon the Japs are the only ones that drift?

Personally if you are actually controlling it, I would say it counts as drifting/powersliding. Have you tried to do the same with the Vacca? I seem to get slightly better results, but I have not played with the Carbo in that manner a lot. 

Some of us(crew and friends)  will do that at Weazel plaza also. Dunno if you have or not, but we try to switch it up and figure 8 the 2 things and other variations within those 2 circles. It is a lot of fun imo.

Haha yeah I thought it was just me. I've tried the figure 8 round both of them. Can almost do it but never quite get it proper.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

Being a Asian I must point out, Drift King is no f*cking where near a drift track.. Only thing close to a drifting circuit is because of its location. At the docks.

What's being Asian gotta do with anything? You reckon the Japs are the only ones that drift?

Haha yeah I thought it was just me. I've tried the figure 8 round both of them. Can almost do it but never quite get it proper.

I think that is why some say you can't drift in this game. It isn't easy to properly control it(I have issues myself sometimes), but I find it quite possible.

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

You don't have enough badges to train me

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

anything rear drive with a powerful enough motor will do a feasable job of it, my personal fav for drifting is the rapid GT non cabrio

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

The Vacca drifts about the best from my experience. The Feltzer and Carbon do very well too.

I agree with you, but what does being Asian have to do with it? 

Japanese invented drifting.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

I think that is why some say you can't drift in this game. It isn't easy to properly control it(I have issues myself sometimes), but I find it quite possible.

Had the vacca for a while when I was a billionaire. Decent enough, but didn't have the fun factor for me. Folks hate the carbo because it's hard to control (slippy) usually because they never let off the throttle and try and control the power, but that's why I love it . Once you master it it's awesome.
  • The Angel King likes this

nmrgoodnightn
  • nmrgoodnightn

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

Surprised more people didn't say the phoenix

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

The comet and the futo try , but there is just not enough adhesion there. They almost feel as if the back end is broken. It's all down to personal preference though.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

To all the weeaboos who think they're drifting in GTA....

...you're not...

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

Yes, which is why the 'I'm asian' thing made no sense.  Not all asians are Japanese.  

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

Yes, which is why the 'I'm asian' thing made no sense.  Not all asians are Japanese.  

Hell, not all Japs drift either.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

The Vacca drifts about the best from my experience. The Feltzer and Carbon do very well too.

Uh no they didn't. They only made it a sport first. Guys where drifting American muscle in the U.S. yyyyyyeaars before that......

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:24 AM Edited by beanzinapot, 20 January 2014 - 03:25 AM.

Futo is the best car for drifting. And yes you can drift in this game. You might have more power slides than drifting, but I've managed to get some great tandem drifts with the drift crew I'm in. If anyone is interested in drifting tonight with some Futos, hit me up! Ive got like 9 drift tracks. GT: beanzinapot. I'll be on after midnight PST.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

Uh no they didn't. They only made it a sport first. Guys where drifting American muscle in the U.S. yyyyyyeaars before that......

Muscle car drifting is different.  Rear drive cars with a lot of power and torque will make the car dance sideways in hard burnouts, or hard throttle.  Drifting in racing sports tends to be done with front drive cars, where you are in better control of the car, and how much you want it to drift into the turns.  It can be done with rear wheel cars, but it's not as easy.  Trust me, I've owned several muscle cars over the years, and a few front drive speeders as well, and the muscle cars are better at straight line than at drifting.

Mojito
  • Mojito

Homie

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

try the phoenix it drift very well fully up graded0_0.jpg

Muscle car drifting is different.  Rear drive cars with a lot of power and torque will make the car dance sideways in hard burnouts, or hard throttle.  Drifting in racing sports tends to be done with front drive cars, where you are in better control of the car, and how much you want it to drift into the turns.  It can be done with rear wheel cars, but it's not as easy.  Trust me, I've owned several muscle cars over the years, and a few front drive speeders as well, and the muscle cars are better at straight line than at drifting.

drifting with a fwd car? hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahaa

• hesselgren and Punkdaz like this

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

drifting with a fwd car? hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahaa

Ah, the age old fwd vs rwd.  I feel the same way for the most part.  I would take a RWD V8 American car over just about anything else.  And you can drift them, but it's more like controlled chaos (or maybe mine were just too overpowered for it, I would constantly tune and upgrade them).  I've owned tons, I'm a car nut, and as I've gotten older I've moved away from having so many, but I've owned 3 Firebirds, (77 Trans Am, 85 Firebird, and 87 Trans Am), 2 Camaros (86 Z28 (still own this one, but have not had the time or money in recent years to hot rod it, having kids will take away a lot of your disposable cash lol) and a 87 Iroc Z), a few misc 2 door coups (76 Ford Maverick with a 302 Boss shoehorned in) AMC Hornet 360, a Sunbird first gen with v8) and a few muscle trucks (one even had a 454 big block in it).   I've also owned a few front drive cars that drove like demons.  A Subaru XT trubo, and a Ford Probe V6, and those two could drift through the corners like you would not believe.  You could be almost totally sideways, and still be in control due to the drive wheels also steering the way.  Most likely why the Japanese love drifting because most of the cars they use as tuners are FWD.  Never tried drifting in an AWD, so I don't know how well that would pan out.

twurk
  • twurk

let's go to da phonez real quick

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

There is NO drift in GTA.

Smh.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

Real men drift with a hearse.

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

You can do some nice entry drifts with speed and a handbrake or a Scandanavian flick but I have trouble powering out keeping the wheels spinning when the car slows mid corner.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Lol.  Another one of these.

"It's not possible.  Well it is if you're highly skilled,  I can do it - you can't.  Look at me."

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Carbonizzare for High Speed Drifts

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I drift in Cavaclades all day bitches.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by The Angel King, 20 January 2014 - 04:08 PM.

Uh no they didn't. They only made it a sport first. Guys were drifting American muscle in the U.S. yyyyyyeaars before that......

What does that have to do with what I said? FWD drifting is a small minority...and just foolish....

It's all in how you have the car set up....I think you should watch this ;)

RogueStatus
  • RogueStatus

DTA Posse

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

i can decently drift my phoenix...

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Muscle car drifting?

BAAHAHHAHAHAHAAH AHAHAHAHAHA....

Japanese are the one who mastered it first. That's what I meant. They drift more than anyone. Sure not all Japs are drifters, but the ones who drift. God good luck beating them lol.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:15 PM Edited by The Angel King, 20 January 2014 - 04:16 PM.

Muscle car drifting?

Japanese are the one who mastered it first. That's what I meant. They drift more than anyone. Sure not all Japs are drifters, but the ones who drift. God good luck beating them lol.

Not debating who is better at it or who perfected it. Only stating where it started. But you say good luck beating them...well it's a mixed bag. There are many around the globe that compete with them on the same level consistently. Being Japanese doesn't make you a better driver....

almico
  • almico

Beat Down on B Dup

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Character 2014 [HD 90s Carl Johnson for GTA V]

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Use a vigero no lie

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Muscle car drifting?

Not debating who is better at it or who perfected it. Only stating where it started. But you say good luck beating them...well it's a mixed bag. There are many around the globe that compete with them on the same level consistently. Being Japanese doesn't make you a better driver....

You're right, about being a "mixed bag" but Japanese do it better than the regulars. Americans DID NOT started it. It was either in Europe or Asia.

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

limo.      im not kidding. awsome driftcar.   much like drifting limos irl actually, perfect weight-distribution and long wheelbase.

only they should have more power.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users