Quantcast

» «
Photo

I think they've could done more with the desert.

80 replies to this topic
DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Actually nice Online ^^

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

The desert felt just a bit lifeless to me, but that's maybe because I loved San Andreas, Tierra Robada with all its ghost towns felt cooler to me.

With that said, I think the desert should be a bit bigger and with more (ghost) towns.

• 018361, DIEXEL, grumpy cat meme and 3 others like this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

They probably wanted to save all the desert stuff for when the game goes back to Las Venturas.

• visionist, dyz, 018361 and 6 others like this

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

They could've made it alot bigger...

• 018361, Sharks80fr, DIEXEL and 1 other like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Robada=Nevada=Las Venturas=GTA Las Venturas confirmed :)
Lol,i am only joking but tbh i think the Grand Senora Desert is great and it so detailed.
  • SuburbansWorst and DutchGangsta like this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

They probably wanted to save all the desert stuff for when the game goes back to Las Venturas.

What 'desert stuff' are you thinking of?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Seeing as it was suppose to be slightly based on Palm Deserts, yeah, it was a huge let down for me, I'm pretty positive about GTAV overall, but the desert was just pathetic, was at least expecting some homage to Sky Valley.

• lizardman563, 018361, DIEXEL and 1 other like this

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Actually nice Online ^^

• Members
  • Netherlands

Yeah, I mean it's really detailed and all, but I feel it had more potential.

• DIEXEL likes this

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

#MYLSPD

• Members
  • Bahrain
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

They should have put in a second military base, area 69, and maybe another small town.
  • DutchGangsta and Militia like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Both Bone County in SA and Mexico in Red Dead Redemption are shining examples of better deserts made by Rockstar games. The Grand Senora desert just isn't very... grand. Dan Houser originally described it as "the ultimate limit of Los Santos" but it really just feels like, "Aaaand here's a desert." 

• 018361, DIEXEL, latigreblue and 3 others like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

For those who don't know, or keep bringing up Las Venturas, there's a desert area in SoCal, Palm Deserts and Sky Valley, it's supposed to be based on these:

palm-desert_l1.jpg

interior-about-palmdesert.jpg

palm-desert.jpg

palm_desert_ca.jpg

3552782288_207b849d54.jpg

1058574-1202271322519129-p.jpg

8914531-the-devil-s-cornfield-below-the-

• PreciousWall, 018361, DIEXEL and 3 others like this

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Yeah, I mean it's really detailed and all, but I feel it had more potential.

It sure have a lot of potential, but IMO the desert area is pretty small to add more towns that the number it has right now. It definitely should've been a little bit bigger with a settlement or two of more.

• DIEXEL and DutchGangsta like this

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Actually nice Online ^^

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by DutchGangsta, 19 January 2014 - 09:27 PM.

Bone County and Tierra Robada were awesome in San Andreas. :)

It had cool towns like Alvea Maldava, Las Brujas (that Cemetry), Fort Carson (anybody remember the Sky Door there?) and of course Area 69, Verdant Meadows Aircraft Graveyard (F*cking Pilot School though), Lil Probe Inn (UFO place). :D

It felt more mysterious, with the purple sky and the atmosphere.

• visionist, DIEXEL, latigreblue and 1 other like this

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by Militia, 19 January 2014 - 09:25 PM.

They should have put in a second military base, area 69, and maybe another small town.

This ^^^

• DIEXEL and DutchGangsta like this

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Bone County and Tierra Robada were awesome in San Andreas. :)

It had cool towns like Alvea Maldava, Las Brujas (that Cemetry), Fort Carson (anybody remember the Sky Door there?) and of course Area 69, Verdant Meadows Aircraft Graveyard, Lil Probe Inn (UFO place). :D

It felt more mysterious, with the purple sky and the atmosphere.

And how can we forget about the Cock Rock?

• DIEXEL and RiddledAttorney like this

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Actually nice Online ^^

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by DutchGangsta, 19 January 2014 - 09:46 PM.

And Arco del Oeste, El Castillo Del Diablo.

The desert looks really nice, especially with all those animals, but it misses things.

Just realized that the Yellow Jack Inn might be a reference to the Lil Probe Inn and that those satellites with the FIB vehicles might be a reference to the Big Ear with the Sandking, lol.

And when R* adds a military base in the desert (like Area 69), we all know that the Jetpack is THERE and not in the other base. ^^

• DIEXEL and Militia like this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by lizardman563, 19 January 2014 - 09:54 PM.

They should have gotten rid of the Alamo Sea and replaced it with a Palm Springs-esque city.

Sandy Shores (albeit with a different name) could stay because it just so happens to highly resemble Teagarden Drive, a neighborhood outside of Palm Springs. 

• DIEXEL and CCarvalho224 like this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 19 January 2014 - 10:09 PM.

Definitely could have been some more area between say Vinewood hills and Sandy Shores. Hell, I wouldn't have minded if they repeated a bunch of desert textures.

Just speaking about the map for a sec, it's pretty crazy that GTA V is the largest GTA map to date but with draw distances on consoles increasing even the biggest maps feel somewhat small. Look at San Andreas on PS2. The draw distance was putrid. The map wasn't gigantic by any means but because of the limited draw distance you felt like you were actually exploring an area bigger than it was. In GTA V, Driving yes it's huge but up in the sky you can see both ends of the map.

I'd pick huge draw distances over fog tricks any day though. Wonder how big they will go for 6.

• DIEXEL likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

The desert is only there so Michael can run around for 40 minutes yelling "Kifflom!".
  • GutterMouthPWG, Tony., visionist and 8 others like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

You all should remember that the HD Era divided San Andreas into two-North and South but we only have South San Andreas with Los Santos County and Blaine County imagine how big North San Andreas will be or if they decide to do North and Southern San Andreas in a Future Game.GTA 5 is a beautiful game the draw distance made it feel so Alive that ever.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

What? Are you daff? NO! 

• visionist likes this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

The desert is only there so Michael can run around for 40 minutes yelling "Kifflom!".

LMFAOOOOOOO
  • stjimmy3 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

There should have been much more smaller towns across the map, especially in the desert. More smaller towns with a decent amount of things to do within them. A second, smaller city in addition would have been the icing on the cake.

What a waste.
  • SonOfLiberty, visionist, Neo Arcadia and 2 others like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Definitely could have been some more area between say Vinewood hills and Sandy Shores. Hell, I wouldn't have minded if they repeated a bunch of desert textures.

Just speaking about the map for a sec, it's pretty crazy that GTA V is the largest GTA map to date but with draw distances on consoles increasing even the biggest maps feel somewhat small. Look at San Andreas on PS2. The draw distance was putrid. The map wasn't gigantic by any means but because of the limited draw distance you felt like you were actually exploring an area bigger than it was. In GTA V, Driving yes it's huge but up in the sky you can see both ends of the map.

I'd pick huge draw distances over fog tricks any day though. Wonder how big they will go for 6.

Well last year, they did imply in an interview that an ambition they had was to out LC, VC and LS together.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Well last year, they did imply in an interview that an ambition they had was to out LC, VC and LS together.

Huh? lol I almost feel like you meant to reply to this topic instead?

http://gtaforums.com...would-kill-gta/

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Nope. You said you wondered how big GTA 6 will be and I've answered it by saying Rockstar want to add all three cities together which is a good idea.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Nope. You said you wondered how big GTA 6 will be and I've answered it by saying Rockstar want to add all three cities together which is a good idea.

Ahh I see now lol. Don't know why that passed over my head.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

I think they could done more with the desert

The problem is, that can be said about any part of this game. Someone else will say the mountains could've been better, some will say the city should've been bigger and more interiors, etc. etc. 

The only way it could've been better is if they took more away from other parts, to which someone else would complain they didn't focus enough on those areas. 

• visionist, Militia, vengenceniko and 1 other like this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

The desert felt just a bit lifeless to me

It being a desert might have something to do with that. 

• Celticfang, Staten, Wannabe in LS and 5 others like this

CurtisC87
  • CurtisC87

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by CurtisC87, 20 January 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Blaine county also appears to be a couple of blocks big. I was hoping for more small town life with forestry beside it. Mount Chlliad feels way bigger than it should be as well.

• DIEXEL and RiddledAttorney like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Sandy Shores is still one of my favorite parts of the map. I looked at a video of the Salton Sea and they very much captured the vibe.

• Wannabe in LS and Broken Condom Kid like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users