Photo

help episodes

5 replies to this topic
pranmar123
  • pranmar123

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

​Ok so I just got gta iv yesterday for this first time ever! I got it on my ps3! I have a question now! The GTA IV i bought is 9.99 but the episodes are also 9.99! I do not really care for the stories between them i just like to free play and stuff! Can you tell me if there are the same vehicles that are in gta iv that are in gta iv Episodes of Liberty City? What are the differences! What does gta IV have that the episodes do not have other than the story of niko?

Lacuna
  • Lacuna

Have you read the manual for this thing?

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:05 PM Edited by Lacuna, 19 January 2014 - 08:49 PM.

There's some new vehicles in the Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned. Here's one from the Ballad of Gay Tony...

This is the APC, an armoured assault vehicle. It's slow but it'll flatten anything that gets in your way.

2pp06yr.jpg

Here's an image of the Buzzard, a small attack helicopter. You'll need to click on the link for this one, it isn't letting me upload two photos into one comment for some reason. 

http://i41.tinypic.com/14jut05.jpg

I think there's somewhere around 20 new vehicles in the Ballad of Gay Tony, including police bikes, a new supercar and a couple of new boats. 

The Lost and Damned features new bikes mainly, 16 of them along with 7 new cars. Though some of these vehicles are exclusive to each game, for example the Buzzard is only available in The Ballad of Gay Tony. And you'll have to complete some storyline missions to unlock some vehicles. 

Other than vehicles the main differences between GTA4 and the Episodes is that the entire city is open from the beginning of both Episodes, unlike GTA4 where you'll have to trawl through the storyline to unlock the entire map. There are new activities in the Episodes too, like base jumping, clubbing, cage fighting and air hockey for some reason. Obviously there's the new branches of the storyline too in the Epsiodes, as well as new side missions and new music on the radio stations.

If it's purely free roaming you want to do I'd personally recommended The Ballad of Gay Tony, seeing as the entire city is open from the start and storyline isn't too long, so it won't take too much time to unlock new vehicles. Plus it has the most activities like base jumping and cage fighting which I mentioned earlier. 

I haven't played for a while since my console died so I can't remember much else. Hope it helped!

• Sprue and pranmar123 like this

pranmar123
  • pranmar123

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Wow Thanks so much!

Lacuna
  • Lacuna

Have you read the manual for this thing?

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

No problem! I'm sure there's some things I've forgotten about since it's been so long since I played but hopefully someone else will come along and fill you in. Enjoy the game ;)

pranmar123
  • pranmar123

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

:)

ax1464
  • ax1464

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:35 PM