Photo

A game with all the cities would kill GTA

10 replies to this topic
Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Something every second member on these forums seems to be obsessed with is the thought of throwing all the current cities from GTA into the one game. However what these member don't realise is that a game like this would absolutely kill the GTA series.

Firstly it would take a sh*tload of development time. It took 5 years just for a game like V, now imagine how long something of this size would cost?

Then there's the fact that everybody seems to complain about the fact that the countryside in V (over half the map) went unused. If a game contained all the cities imagine how many missions R* would need to make the whole map feel used, at least 250... Which I can assure most of you would not want a story THAT long for a number of reasons, mainly being that 90% of the story would be filler.

Finally, where could R* go after that? GTA is built on American culture. So if they had all the iconic cities in one game, practically all places ripe for a parody would be gone, leaving the only option for R* to forward onto would be going overseas, which for GTA I could not imagine happening with the exception of a possible a London based game (which even then would have to work on it's own as the rest of the UK isn't iconic enough for GTA.

So in the end don't hold on to your hopes that Rockstar are going to build this wonder GTA with all the cities in one single player experience. The best you're going to get is whatever they plan for the future of GTA Online.
  • fireguy109 likes this

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

They will do this, one day. At least with Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice City. This is already confirmed.

And about the thing you say, "Killing the franchise"... Simply NO!

Why? Because when we get the "All cities" or the Online becomes large, it's like they're saying: "OK. This is what we have done so far. But this isn't the end." It will sell like hell and will break records of V, absolutely.

Ideas for new cities are always there. They might go out of US and work on europe after that game. Making lots of story dlc packs and lots of Online new activities. Nothing will stop them from making GTA games. I see GTA an endless franchise, like FIFA or other sports games. The only thing that could stop the game from being made, is R* being satisfied by this title enough and focus on another open-world or racing franchise.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:30 PM Edited by fireguy109, 19 January 2014 - 04:32 PM.

They will do this, one day. At least with Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice City. This is already confirmed.

Sauce?

There's no money in shoving all the maps together in one game. They can get triple the payout by putting each city in its own game and selling three different games over an extended period. Besides, like the OP said it would just make the whole place seem incredibly empty. Probably 60% of V's map I never even saw until I started roaming around randomly in GTAO, now imagine that times three. Not to mention even if they did pack the cities with stuff it would all be repetitive, compare missions between the games and a lot are nearly identical but it's okay because they're all, obviously, in different games. In the same game it would be ridiculously obvious and very boring.

The only thing that might come close to this would be if when VI comes out you are able to use the same multiplayer character as V's GTAO in the new city.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

And about the thing you say, "Killing the franchise"... Simply NO!
Why? Because when we get the "All cities" or the Online becomes large, it's like they're saying: "OK. This is what we have done so far. But this isn't the end." It will sell like hell and will break records of V, absolutely.
Ideas for new cities are always there. They might go out of US and work on europe after that game. Making lots of story dlc packs and lots of Online new activities. Nothing will stop them from making GTA games. I see GTA an endless franchise, like FIFA or other sports games. The only thing that could stop the game from being made, is R* being satisfied by this title enough and focus on another open-world or racing franchise.

This Comment I agree with.GTA will be 20 years old in 3 years,2017 (1997-2017).Then Rockstar could decide to do a 10 years Partnership with Activision(i said this cus Activision and E.A have always wanted the rights to GTA or even a solution to it) and Activision with the Permission of Rockstar could have GTA for 10 years(God Forbid).They cant just end a Legendary,Icon and Monsterous Franchise,they can only retire it for some years(which i think Rockstar will do by the time the series is in it 20-something years or maybe after GTA 9(XI).
OP:The Original GTA back in 1997 (16 years ago)
had 3 cities even though the future re-imaginations of the 3 cities were totally different and Expanded.and yeah Rockstar said they would love to do Liberty City,Vice City and San Andreas together in one game.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I can see a future GTA with two cities (the first half would take place in one city, the second half in the other) but three or four would be a bit much.

A small number of story missions is always disappointing, but too many isn't good either. If a game had 250 or 300 story missions, that would be far too many. Players would eventually forget what happened earlier in the game.

For a game like GTA, 90 to 100 story missions with 45 or 50 optional sidemissions is ideal to me.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:31 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 19 January 2014 - 10:32 PM.

I think what most likely is going to happen is all of the HD maps will be available to travel to and from in online mode on PS4,XB1. Possibly more players per lobby in online on next gen so bigger playground makes sense.

I wouldn't worry about them making a SP story with a bunch of maps smushed together.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

They've said they wanted to put all three cities together and it is possible. Especially for online and single player story. One protag for each city or one for all cities could work.

• Pooyan Cyrus and matajuegos01 like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

They've said they wanted to put all three cities together and it is possible. Especially for online and single player story. One protag for each city or one for all cities could work.

That where the 3 Protagonist System comes into.Great comment bro.
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

Just imagine: a GTA that features Vice City, San Fierro and Las Venturas with 3 protagonists each one living in each city with different motivations, all three are enemies :O it would be badass.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

I know this can work. If it worked in V for a single city, it can definitely work for three different cities and it's a better chance for Rockstar to make a good story out of it.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Just imagine: a GTA that features Vice City, San Fierro and Las Venturas with 3 protagonists each one living in each city with different motivations, all three are enemies :O it would be badass.

I swear to God that Game would be the 2nd Revolution of the Openworld Genre after GTA 3 but and then GTA 5 would be credited in Influencing that trend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users