110 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

I dont get all the love for the Carbon. Its horrible in handling and everyone has one. 

Just because a car is fast doesnt mean its the best. 

Coquette is the best sports car.

So many customization options, two versions of the vehicle, and drives great.

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Anyone who claims to be a 'real racer' and their only racing game is GTA  then they really aren't racers. The game is not a racing game. The racing portion is REALLY badly made. So with all those comments discounted I still stand by my original statement. 

IF you know how to drive then it's just a case of getting used to it. It's a good car. Especially funny when I look behind me and see the Entitys' crashing through traffic signals and crashing into stationary hazards and doing a full doughnut before the driver realises he needs to release the accelerator.

• kasheku and BigBrother67 like this

Vicarious Mind
  • Vicarious Mind

Gun Runner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

K well this isn't the forza or gran turismo forum. Want to hate some where else please? :-)

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

I dont get all the love for the Carbon. Its horrible in handling and everyone has one. 

I disagree. The corquette is no fun at all. cant break the rear to slide and its too clunky. I love the looks, just not the performance. 

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

K well this isn't the forza or gran turismo forum. Want to hate some where else please? :-)

Last Gran Turismo I played was on PS1 I think and I'm on PS3 so Forza is not an option. I'm not saying I'm a racer. I'm just saying that people can't claim to be racers on GTA because the racing is rubbish.

I like GTA just wish they would give police cars back to us :(

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Oddly enough, I actually liked the damn thing... It was one of the last cars to be sold out my garage when I turned it into a classics garage..

Don't know what people are bitching about the handling though tbh.. it's a big car, you drive it like a big car and you get good results...  You put the effort in you got the effort out, simple as that..

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:06 PM Edited by Malibu454, 20 January 2014 - 03:13 PM.

What he said^^
Too bad I just lost mine to the slot 1 bug :(
Rapid Gt not too bad looking. I don't think I ever drove one. I'm just too hooked on the Coquette.
I'll have to try one in a solo race. Very rarely see a race with sports checked off

I disagree. The corquette is no fun at all. cant break the rear to slide and its too clunky. I love the looks, just not the performance. 
You get faster times when your not sliding.
The Coquette slides, but its easy to correct.
You must like Ridge Racer were every turn is a slide. ;)
  • BigBrother67 likes this

MaverickNJD
  • MaverickNJD

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

I love my Rapid GT. Got it in matte black with carbonfiber racing wheels. I also have an Exemplar just in case I need to pick up more of my friends. 

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Posts in these topics are always funny.  "It's better if you're good at driving", "you guys just suck", etc etc etc.  No matter how good you are at driving, it's a simple fact that the car can't maintain speed through corners as well as others.  It will be good on the same tracks that the Carbonizzare is good on (highway-type races, basically), and it will get demolished by cars that can actually maintain their speed (like the Elegy) on the other tracks (the vast majority).  

The "learn to powerslide" posts are also especially good.  That is always slower than properly cornering.  Always.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

Im always down for some races in my Rapid. Its easy to talk, lets walk the walk. 

• BigBrother67 likes this

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Im always down for some races in my Rapid. Its easy to talk, lets walk the walk. 

You racing against other people will not prove anything about the ability of the cars.  A much better way to test would be for you to race solo in the different cars.  The same track, lots and lots of reps/laps.  Once you spend some time getting used to each car, you'll see what each is capable of.  The Rapid GT will get crushed on tracks that aren't defined by long straightaways.  It will do well on the tracks that feature long straights and few tight turns.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

I feel like working my way up to buy one, because I don't have any convertibles.

I wish my volty had a roof... It'd be okay if it was a convertible, or if I could put one on at LSC...

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Voltic? Peeps say you could get a roofed version buying a red colored variant of it.

The Rapid GT is cool. I had it before, it was okay. The handling's quite a challenge for some reason, although I can manage it better if I enter the corner outside and get out from inside the corner (kinda like doing a little straight line). I had to remove it because I already have 2 sports cars (Elegy and Sultan).

Honestly, I don't like the Elegy much either since I find the handling a little hard when you're going fast, but I fully modded that car, and I'm afraid that if I sell it I can't buy and fully mod another sports car.

Vicarious Mind
  • Vicarious Mind

Gun Runner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Voltic? Peeps say you could get a roofed version buying a red colored variant of it.

The Rapid GT is cool. I had it before, it was okay. The handling's quite a challenge for some reason, although I can manage it better if I enter the corner outside and get out from inside the corner (kinda like doing a little straight line). I had to remove it because I already have 2 sports cars (Elegy and Sultan).

Honestly, I don't like the Elegy much either since I find the handling a little hard when you're going fast, but I fully modded that car, and I'm afraid that if I sell it I can't buy and fully mod another sports car.

Go with a Feltzer then, Feltzer is great for those who don't like the awd of the Elegy. I'm going with the Elegy now because of the unique way it drives and I've always been a GTR fan. 

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

I don't have the money to spend like that...

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

You racing against other people will not prove anything about the ability of the cars.  A much better way to test would be for you to race solo in the different cars.  The same track, lots and lots of reps/laps.  Once you spend some time getting used to each car, you'll see what each is capable of.  The Rapid GT will get crushed on tracks that aren't defined by long straightaways.  It will do well on the tracks that feature long straights and few tight turns.

All you are giving is your opinion, and you are trying to say that your opinion is more correct. Ive raced all the cars, and my opinion is that the Rapid GT is a better car than the rest. Of course, thats due to the way I drive. 

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

I like the Rapid GT, but I took the Carbonizzare instead

Vicarious Mind
  • Vicarious Mind

Gun Runner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

I liked the Rapid GT but it requires a lot of consentration to driving and road situations for me to really appreciate it. When Im trying to get away from cops, players, mercs', helicopters, Jets, ect...Handling and trying to dance with the Rapid GT is the last thing I really want to do. 

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Go with a Feltzer then, Feltzer is great for those who don't like the awd of the Elegy. I'm going with the Elegy now because of the unique way it drives and I've always been a GTR fan. 

I can't, dude. I literally cannot afford a fully modded Feltzer even if I sold my Elegy. I'm poor like that.

Plus dude the Feltzer looks like something from the Hotwheels Imagination Series, labeled "SooperAero" or "Vented Out" or whatever.

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

All you are giving is your opinion, and you are trying to say that your opinion is more correct. Ive raced all the cars, and my opinion is that the Rapid GT is a better car than the rest. Of course, thats due to the way I drive. 

It's a fact that the Rapid GT can not maintain its speed through corners as well as other cars.  That's not an opinion, it's the way that the game physics work.  If you don't want to do the testing yourself, we can look at the non-glitched times on the leaderboards and see how many turn-heavy races the Rapid GT has the best time on.  (I'm not suggesting that we actually check the leaderboard, the amount will be zero).

There are also Youtube vids out there of someone doing this test (turn-heavy track, all cars).  Search for "Broughy" or something like that.

Midnight Vibes
  • Midnight Vibes

very amaze craze

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

I own two sports cars, a 9F Cabrio and the Rapid GT. The stock Rapid GT really put me off with its handling when I tested it, but fully modded it's quite a competitive car. It looks good in heavy metallic colors, too.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Ditto IRush. Testing by many different people does not reveal a bunch of opinions, it reveals a consistent spread of results that point to fact. If you are faster in the GT its just because you're more used to driving it than anything else. I'd suggest getting used to something that is consistently betterand faster round corners.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

It's a fact that the Rapid GT can not maintain its speed through corners as well as other cars.  That's not an opinion, it's the way that the game physics work.  If you don't want to do the testing yourself, we can look at the non-glitched times on the leaderboards and see how many turn-heavy races the Rapid GT has the best time on.  (I'm not suggesting that we actually check the leaderboard, the amount will be zero).

There are also Youtube vids out there of someone doing this test (turn-heavy track, all cars).  Search for "Broughy" or something like that.

Again, the Rapid is more suited to theway that I drive. Why do you fail to see this? i dont care if the Carbon performs better for you. For me, the Rapid is tops. i have had plenty of people chasing me in all different cars, and i lose them all the time. I can easily whip turns in the Rapid. I have no problem adjusting to its turning radius. 

Thick skulls do not prevail. 

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

I can lose people in a Blista, you're kind of missing the point of the thread.

• lRushdown likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

I can lose people in a Blista, you're kind of missing the point of the thread.

the point is if you want easy mode don't get the gt?
  • kasheku likes this

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

Uhh how so? this is a thread about the hatred shown towards the Rapid GT.

You are missing the point of common sense with your post.

Vicarious Mind
  • Vicarious Mind

Gun Runner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

I love the rapid I just don't see any real use for it.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 20 January 2014 - 05:53 PM.

I love them both Rapid GT and the Exemplar. But I have no more room in my garage. Hopefully well get another 10 car garage, or at the minimum a 6 car one.

jesusalready
  • jesusalready

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

I own two sports cars, a 9F Cabrio and the Rapid GT. The stock Rapid GT really put me off with its handling when I tested it, but fully modded it's quite a competitive car. It looks good in heavy metallic colors, too.

Pretty much this. The Convertable Rapid GT is the first car I bought after racing with it many times and it really fits my driving style.  Could it handle better? Yeah, I wish it had AWD, but it does handle similarly (for me at least) to the Entity in the way it hugs the road.  Maybe it's me fooling myself, but with 100% armor, I find that the Rapid is more drivable than ever before.  And I'm still able to consistently place 1/2 in races with it.

• kasheku likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

3 of my favorite colors for Dewbauchee rides.

1. Midnight Blue Metallic

2. Diamond Blue Metallic

3. Gasoline Green Metallic

Pearlescent, depends on personal taste. I'm sure there's a few other colors that suit the cars well, but these 3 are my personal choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users