Rapid GT why no one likes it?

110 replies to this topic
Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

No.1 reason why no one likes the Rapid GT.

It's in the same class as the Carbonizzare, and the Carbonizzare is sex. Rapid GT never stood a chance.

• Ibareny and Swansinthepark. like this

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

I dont get all the love for the Carbon. Its horrible in handling and everyone has one. 

Just because a car is fast doesnt mean its the best. 

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

I dont get all the love for the Carbon. Its horrible in handling and everyone has one. 

Just because a car is fast doesnt mean its the best. 

It doesn't handle horribly, you just can't drive. :p

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Wondering why no one ever uses the rapid gt? It's statistically the fastest and best sports class car according to the charts. Is the handling really that bad? I like the fact that on missions it's harder to get shot out by npc and the AI in general. Your thoughts on the rapid gt?

I love mine
  • BigBrother67 likes this

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

It's not that the handling is bad, the turning radius is the bad part. It has to go wide as hell on every turn.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

I just don't like it. Don't really like Aston Martins, Ferraris, Lamborghinis or anything like that. :L

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Now with free shipping!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

They took an Aston Martin, smashed it with a brick a few times cut 2 holes in the front (supposedly vents) with a steak knife, got a picture of bigfoot and modeled the hood and quater panels of it. Voila the Rapid Gt

Pretty much this.

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

I find the vehicle a nice car, I prefer the Cabrio version, but I understand where you're coming from with how often you find others driving it. I think its because the Exemplar has a much better shape to it, despite being a five-door sports sedan. The Rapid GT just seens a bit, bulky.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Agh that front end and the lack of shape to the body. What the hell is this car supposed to be? And isn't the F620 already sort of an Aston Martin?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

carbon is the most fun to drive IMO
f*ck turning radius or whatever the way it likes to break out is just awesome

the rapid GT is a really good car to race with I geuss but it just drives a bit boringly

I like how the carbon spins it's wheels and likes to break out on turns

the rapid GT doesn't do any of this

plus it looks kind of boring and lame

ít is a good car though

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

I love my rapid gt. It has no problems with corners. Maybe I got the glitched version

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

The reason most dont drive the Rapid is because they dont know how to drive. The Rapid GT will beat most cars in a drag race. 

I have one, and its four door counterpart the Exemplar. Great cars, if you know how to drive. 

(Im talking about the ones who push the gas and dont let off. you know, the ones who run into every light pole, the ones who flip their cars on every turn. you know the ones)

> if you know how to drive
> drag races
lolwut

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Agh that front end and the lack of shape to the body. What the hell is this car supposed to be? And isn't the F620 already sort of an Aston Martin?

No that's a jaguar xk coupe. Similar design traditional British coupe

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

It has the turning radius of a Hotknife/a bus.

100% this.

• SAUL_SILVER likes this

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Their turning radius is worse than a large dump truck.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

It is like a drag car honestly super fast acceleration but terrible handling. Steering feels so numb that any high speed banking is pretty much out of the question. Try driving it fast in the Beverly Hills area where Martin lives or in the rain. It's a pain. It's great for the highway though

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

It is like a drag car honestly super fast acceleration but terrible handling. Steering feels so numb that any high speed banking is pretty much out of the question. Try driving it fast in the Beverly Hills area where Martin lives or in the rain. It's a pain. It's great for the highway though

This seems to be the biggest gripe, but i have no problems with it anywhere. All you do is let off the gas, turn and hit the gas again. Its fairly easy if you are not the type to never let off the accelerator. The Carbon is easy for that type of driver, cause it does the driving for you.

Maybe thats it. Lazy drivers like the Carbon, real drivers like the rapid.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

This seems to be the biggest gripe, but i have no problems with it anywhere. All you do is let off the gas, turn and hit the gas again. Its fairly easy if you are not the type to never let off the accelerator. The Carbon is easy for that type of driver, cause it does the driving for you.

I don't have access to the Carbon and I hate the way the Rapid GT handles.

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Wondering why no one ever uses the rapid gt? It's statistically the fastest and best sports class car according to the charts. Is the handling really that bad? I like the fact that on missions it's harder to get shot out by npc and the AI in general. Your thoughts on the rapid gt?

I have one in my garage, but basically the Rapid GT is to the Carbonizarre what the Adder is to the Entity. It's faster, yes, but doesn't handle as well or accelerate quite as fast so the car that is just slightly slower will win unless there's a large amount of straghtaways.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Rapid gt is just slow in the corners and is heavy

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

That's my ride! But you can get shot in the back so I'm guessing that's why ppl favor the adder and I forget the other ones name. Just play in free aim if you want to see a variety of player cars

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Why down the drain?

I've read on here it gives a decent RP to time spent ratio. I only do five or six lap races to pass the time between selling cars in free mode and if none of my friends are about to do missions. It's like a little time trial I set for myself and it's helped me find the strengths and weaknesses in my vehicles.

what kind of RP payout do you get with that?

Depending on how fast you are, 2000/2300 RP for seven minutes or so work. It's easy, you get armour out of it, and it's close to my apartment.

SteveKeith
  • SteveKeith

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

I love mine, it's matte black with a 007 number plate. Not the best handling but it's nice looking

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

I have both. In my opinion, the Carbonizzare is prettier, sounds better, and I prefer the way the back end flicks out. I've grown to like the Rapid GT more recently, but if I had to choose between the two, there would only be one winner.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I can drive. So can everyone else in the racing crew I'm in. Very well.

Not many drive the GT because it doesn't lap as fast as several others in the sports class, basically because of the heavy handling. It's a fact, proven by dozens of top racers.

Personally I think it looks quite nice but it is boring.

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by EarthboundMysfit, 20 January 2014 - 12:40 AM.

Understeer, understeer and more understeer!

A sports car that drives more like a FF(wd) than a civic does/would. No thank you.

No amound of speed/acceleration can make up for it handling like a stuck hog/fat pig.

Like others here said, the Exemplar, it's sister car, beats it in every possible way(save straightaway speed)... and it's 4-door to boot.

I tried owning one and making it work, i really did, but when i prefer basically any/all other sports cars' handling over it,,,, it's no bueno.

IF you never had to make more than a 45° turn, this WOULD be the go to car. Big if.

But i happen to prefer using my quality driving skills to tame oversteering cars like the Carbonizzare, Surano or Banshee, the most.

I even prefer the more neutral handling, and sleek appearance of cars like the Coquette, Elegy, 9F, or Feltzer over a bland, boring, rather fugly looking and hugely understeering hunk of slop, that is the Rapid GT.

TL:DR - unless you are drag racing, basically every sports car out classes the R-GT, in most categories.

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

my top speed recorded was 210 mph in a rapid gt (sp) i cant beat it . i just dont like it because there is a spawn cheat for them in sp

TheStranger_NL
  • TheStranger_NL

Ronins MC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Ya'll crazy
0_0.jpg

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

It's a great looking car and fast but I just hate the under steer

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:32 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 20 January 2014 - 01:22 AM.

I find the vehicle a nice car, I prefer the Cabrio version, but I understand where you're coming from with how often you find others driving it. I think its because the Exemplar has a much better shape to it, despite being a five-door sports sedan. The Rapid GT just seens a bit, bulky.

What happened to the photo your Mum took of you before the prom that you were using as your signature? I hadn't finished laughing at that yet. Did the girl you were in the photo with tell you it was creepy for you to use her picture on a gaming forum? At least you replaced it with an air brushed shot of yourself doing your best "Blue Steel" look. I'll still get a few chuckles out of that at least.

• Magick likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users