Free aim is worth it

235 replies to this topic
marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

I use both just because its theres does not mean you have to use it free aim long range auto lock short range as long as I come out on top I dont care and the hole duck and role people do while holding a shot gun can be annoying but when they fail and you still come out on top its wearth it

Out of curiosity, which country are you from?

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Free aim is a joke against CPU ai, they have auto omega aim on regardless

Play COD on Veteran difficulty. Much harder. It's called skill and some people try to increase theirs.

J-Dubs
  • J-Dubs

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

I don't know why free aim users think they are automatically better than auto aim players at all. It is like one of the users said it all comes down to personal preference.  I have played other first person shooter games such as call of duty, killzone, and multiple other titles that I have maintained a 2.5 kd on average in all of these games, but truth is THIS IS GTA.  It is an open world shooter third person shooter not first person with multiple other users using traditional gta so why would i put myself at a disadvantage by using free aim.  Also don't say it is only free aim users in free aim lobbies  because there is a glitch users can do to use auto aim in free aim lobbies and no i will not tell you how because that is the whole reason why I and probably a lot of other users stick to traditional GTA.  Fact is majority of the time players in traditional GTA lobbies are just as good as players in free aim lobbies if not better, but they just don't want to put themselves at a disadvantage against cheaters using auto aim in free aim lobbies.  Rockstar should have just made the whole online portion free aim because shooter games are meant to be that way and then if someone was using an aimbot in any of the lobbies they would get a console ban like using aimbots in other shooter games. 

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:37 AM Edited by JayDM420, 15 February 2014 - 04:38 AM.

It is an open world shooter third person shooter not first person with multiple other users using traditional gta so why would i put myself at a disadvantage by using free aim. 

SMH...

If there are AA users in my lobbies then AA sucks at aiming...

Not preaching 1 aim over the other just wanted to read who bumped this lol

Strange Town
  • Strange Town

Strange Theme

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

I want to play with free aim, but I'm unable to change it.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

uzimyak

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:48 AM Edited by Ermac., 15 February 2014 - 04:48 AM.

Free aim is a joke against CPU ai, they have auto omega aim on regardless

Play COD on Veteran difficulty. Much harder. It's called skill and some people try to increase theirs.

COD on Veteran=Grenade icons all over your damn screen.

ADAMunknown
  • ADAMunknown

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

much more money and rp, 25% more than in auto aim lobbies. 

so wait if you use free aim - you only play other players using free aim??       I did not know this 

would like to see LAWLESS sessions = no POLICE or wanted levels - so you can fight without the interference of POLICE (much like some of the missions) -   kinda sucks chasing a player around and to always be dealing with the cops killing you.    

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

I switched to free aim and certain aspects are better but I think the game is designed for auto aim. Free aim feels cheap and stiff no matter your sensitivity settings. Just doesn't feel natural as a 3rd person shooter. They need to change the mechanics of it bad. You're also more likely to take head shots from 3 miles away by a npc with a pistol in free aim. Each has their advantages. As far as auto aim, that's been gta forever but it takes almost no skill less and gets old.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

I want to play with free aim, but I'm unable to change it.

Have to change while in SP.

NuclearCore
  • NuclearCore

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

Totally agree. Recently switched to free aim and it freaking rocks.

Not here to hate or anything, but auto aim basically gets down to who can press R2 + L2 the quickest. Each to their liking, but it's just not my cup of tea.

spazthing
  • spazthing

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

Isn't the AI of the NPC's adjusted to be slower in free-aim?

I am generally average in auto-aim, but got invited to a free-aim lobby as a friend wanted a hearse spawn, and accidentally started a gang war...seemed alot easier for me on the free-aim.

Probably gonna try free for a while, but the vast majority of my active crew is auto aim...then again, I HATE seeing a dude run across the screen, and auto-aim doesn't pick it up.  

• nimaager likes this

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

I hate auto-aim. It makes it way to easy to get kills.

nimaager
  • nimaager

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Isn't the AI of the NPC's adjusted to be slower in free-aim?

I am generally average in auto-aim, but got invited to a free-aim lobby as a friend wanted a hearse spawn, and accidentally started a gang war...seemed alot easier for me on the free-aim.

Probably gonna try free for a while, but the vast majority of my active crew is auto aim...then again, I HATE seeing a dude run across the screen, and auto-aim doesn't pick it up.  

I dont know about the npcs being slower can anyone confirm that?:)

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

I don't know why free aim users think they are automatically better than auto aim players at all. It is like one of the users said it all comes down to personal preference.  I have played other first person shooter games such as call of duty, killzone, and multiple other titles that I have maintained a 2.5 kd on average in all of these games, but truth is THIS IS GTA.  It is an open world shooter third person shooter not first person with multiple other users using traditional gta so why would i put myself at a disadvantage by using free aim.  Also don't say it is only free aim users in free aim lobbies  because there is a glitch users can do to use auto aim in free aim lobbies and no i will not tell you how because that is the whole reason why I and probably a lot of other users stick to traditional GTA.  Fact is majority of the time players in traditional GTA lobbies are just as good as players in free aim lobbies if not better, but they just don't want to put themselves at a disadvantage against cheaters using auto aim in free aim lobbies.  Rockstar should have just made the whole online portion free aim because shooter games are meant to be that way and then if someone was using an aimbot in any of the lobbies they would get a console ban like using aimbots in other shooter games. 

you've got it backwards

this is an auto aim apreciation thread and all you auto-aimers come in here acting all insecure yelling how we're no better than you

also your logic is extremely flawed

they should have done free aim only, therefor you choose auto-aim? :S

ellenjanuary
  • ellenjanuary

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

this is an auto aim appreciation thread...

?

Why I prefer free-aim:

-less douchebaggery coming out of the lobbies.

-more scratch.

-transferrable skillz.

But playing auto-aim makes it a different kind of game. I don't see that one is objectively better than the other in the context of the game.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

auto-aimers Y U SO NOOB?

just aim the gun yourself like a real man!

real men play video games?

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:53 PM Edited by prestonchan, 24 February 2014 - 01:53 PM.

I agree that require more skill, which I dont have it

I am not at good shooting with keyboard and mouse, even worse with the PS3 joypad, so leave me alone, without auto aim, I cant even finish a mission.....

phunkism
  • phunkism

I'm a grill btw

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

I recently started joining free aim lobbies, it's so much better than AA

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

I'll join free aim when the PS3 supports a mouse. Seriously, shooting with the analogue stick is awful.

phlegm
  • phlegm

Tuntinator

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

the right stick on my controller is all messed up and looks left or right REALLY slowly, seems kinda random at times.

if i had a better controller i would try free aim but i'd probably need a new controller to do that.. but until then, i'll be using the auto-aim 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:52 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 24 February 2014 - 03:52 PM.

auto-aimers Y U SO NOOB?

just aim the gun yourself like a real man!

real men play video games?

you're damn right they do!

real men play em hard!

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'll join free aim when the PS3 supports a mouse. Seriously, shooting with the analogue stick is awful.

Then get good?  

Derp a dooo is not a mouse.. Soooooo  whaaaaaaaaaaat.?

I mean, sure AA is a choice but the excuse that its not a mouse is retarded.  Ya not sh*t its not a mouse..sooooo...?

• Crimson Flam3s likes this

nimaager
  • nimaager

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

Well u gotta do the best out of the situation :)

Francis Underwood
  • Francis Underwood

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

I love free aim. I can actually drop the controller and walk back 10 min later and be left alone.

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

Free aim is better because every fight in free roam just feels more valuable, not simply who shoots first or who has better access to cover.

Only lame thing about free aim is the assholes who use Entitys as shield, forcing you to blow them up and pay the 10K insurance.

This happens in Auto-aim as well - just had two Entities reverse on me outside LSC (I spawned there and had 5k bounty due to stealing car) but I could do nothing, I blow them up and pay near 20k or get shot, they got me again after I respawned as well, nowhere near my vehicle they just creep up reversing while I can't get away on foot or retaliate... Such fun.

I'm going to try free aim as I had the usual situation yesterday of someone gunning for me, we both hide behind opposite corners of a wall, he steps out - I go to shoot him but immediately rotate 90 degrees to shoot a cop in the face while the other player then guns me down. Absolutely retarded system, where you're facing should have SOME bearing on where you aim!

chubbier_wombat
  • chubbier_wombat

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

In my experience with the free aim lobbies it's a lot more shoot and scoot with me using way more ammo than usual as I don't have any way to tell where my volley will start. I've survived many more player encounters and can actually ride my motorcycle around without getting gunned down on site. However, there's been a huge increase in entity's and other super cars showing me that they are much better with their back ends facing me which has lead me to switch right back to traditional gta online settings. All my encounters with them have been a total wreck( I don't buy stickies because I don't feel like blowing everyone up) so I'm done with free aim lobbies unless I'm looking for some extra rp on missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users