Quantcast

» «
Photo

Free aim is worth it

235 replies to this topic
Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Auto-aim doesn't remove the purpose of the sniper rifle, or any of those other things. They can all be utilised successfully in auto-aim lobbies. But it requires skill *coughs*.

You definitely have skill if you run around autoaim winning 1 vs 1's with a sniper. I doubt many actually do it.

Of course not. I doubt many players even know, or care, that auto-aim lock on has a limited range..  :devil:

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

You definitely have skill if you run around autoaim winning 1 vs 1's with a sniper. I doubt many actually do it.

Sniper is actually more effective in auto-aim than free-aim because most in auto-aim can't free-aim for sh*t.  So when you're far enough where they can't lock onto you, all they do it try to get closer.

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Sniper is actually more effective in auto-aim than free-aim because most in auto-aim can't free-aim for sh*t.  So when you're far enough where they can't lock onto you, all they do it try to get closer.

I really need to stop being so generous with my likes... I'm out again and I want to like this post, gosh darn it.

But yeah, that's the basic premise.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Verbal diarrhea.

*Typed. Get something right in your life.

Your fingers smell like poo all the same.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

I switched to free aim recently (a few days ago - a week at the most), and it's horrible.  People are massively more aggressive than in auto aim sessions, and I'm not saying this after just 1 session so please don't give me the "it was just a bad session" excuse.    People actively hound you in packs for literally no apparent reason (they obviously have a reason, but it's lost on me).  There are a lot more people in Rhinos, Buzzards and Lazers and they're out to cause grief.  The only sessions I've been in since changing that haven't been like this are the ones where there's only 2 other people in there, which admittedly happens more than not.

Funny, that sounds exactly like AA sessions except for one major important thing.  NO AIM BOTS  :D

The only reason they seem to be more of a problem is because you just can't hep a derp your problems away via aim bot..

I end up in AA all the time when i race.  And i don't see any difference at all besides the aim bot.    Players behavior doesn't change because of AIM.  But what you can pull off does.  Of course more griefers will play free aim, but can you blame them?

Who in the right mind whats to play paddy cake with aim bots?  

• JayDM420 likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Maybe you see more griefers in freeaim because you see more experienced players with the ability to grief, while in autoaim you're more likely to get a bunch of noobs.

Maybe? No, certainly.

• watchclock likes this

rzurita01
  • rzurita01

Boom Bap Rap

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

I don't like Free Aim, it's impossible to hit someone moving

with Assisted Aim, I can go off the radar and kill 4 guys at the same time.

Free Aim I'd probably kill 1 and the other three would notice me

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

You make it sound like a bad thing..lol.

Infact, that right there is why i hate AA.

It should be impossible to hit someone while they are moving.  It should also be hard to kill 4 players.

• JayDM420 and Zwenkwiel like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Some players care how they are perceived...some do not.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 29 January 2014 - 04:04 PM.

I switched to free aim recently (a few days ago - a week at the most), and it's horrible.  People are massively more aggressive than in auto aim sessions, and I'm not saying this after just 1 session so please don't give me the "it was just a bad session" excuse.    People actively hound you in packs for literally no apparent reason (they obviously have a reason, but it's lost on me).  There are a lot more people in Rhinos, Buzzards and Lazers and they're out to cause grief.  The only sessions I've been in since changing that haven't been like this are the ones where there's only 2 other people in there, which admittedly happens more than not.

Funny, that sounds exactly like AA sessions except for one major important thing.  NO AIM BOTS   :D

The only reason they seem to be more of a problem is because you just can't hep a derp your problems away via aim bot..

I end up in AA all the time when i race.  And i don't see any difference at all besides the aim bot.    Players behavior doesn't change because of AIM.  But what you can pull off does.  Of course more griefers will play free aim, but can you blame them?

I've never been hounded on a regular basis in auto aim lobbies, but it's been the norm since joining free aim.  Sure, it's easier to click a couple of buttons and shoot someone in the face in auto aim, but it's just as easy for everyone else to do the same thing, so I don't see how that's relevant to people's attitudes.

Of course it's happened in auto aim, but normally because I took to killing someone that turned out to be in a session with his mates.  It looks like people are actively going into free aim sessions in gangs and looking to start on individuals.  That's definitely different from my experience.

I'll stick at it, but it is a totally different game.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by Vooodu, 29 January 2014 - 04:10 PM.

And some players don't like Aim Bots all up in their hiney hole when playing :D

Funny, that sounds exactly like AA sessions except for one major important thing.  NO AIM BOTS   :D

I've never been hounded on a regular basis in auto aim lobbies, but it's been the norm since joining free aim.  Sure, it's easier to click a couple of buttons and shoot someone in the face in auto aim, but it's just as easy for everyone else to do the same thing, so I don't see how that's relevant to people's attitudes.

Of course it's happened in auto aim, but normally because I took to killing someone that turned out to be in a session with his mates.  It looks like people are actively going into free aim sessions in gangs and looking to start on individuals.  That's definitely different from my experience.

Well to be honest.  Think about it.

If you where gonna be a dick.  Would you not prefer to be a dick in the game mode where players don't have super human aim abilities?

Thats why FA does have more dicks.  Because in AA they would have be locked and shot in seconds.  

But, it also works against them.  Once they get stopped and pinned down they can't rely on the aim bot to get the out.

Not everyone is a dick tho.  They really aren't...lol

Infact its easy to meet good players.  On jobs and such.  SInce AA can't help good team work is usually the friend ship maker :D

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

And some players don't like Aim Bots all up in their hiney hole when playing :D

Well to be honest.  Think about it.

If you where gonna be a dick.  Would you not prefer to be a dick in the game mode where players don;t have super human aim abilities?

Thats why FA does have more dicks.  Because in AA they would have be locked and shot in seconds.  

But, it also works against them.  Once they get stopped and pinned down they can;t rely on the aim bot to get the out.

Not everyone is a dick tho.  They really aren't...lol

Yeah, I'm not getting that logic since everyone in the session is playing the same aim style, so there's no advantage to either.  The only way it could be an advantage to go into free aim would be if it told other players that you were new to it.

And of course your're right - I'm not saying everyone's a dick.  It's online gaming, so only most of them are :p

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:18 PM Edited by Vooodu, 29 January 2014 - 04:19 PM.

Yeah, I'm not getting that logic since everyone in the session is playing the same aim style, so there's no advantage to either.  The only way it could be an advantage to go into free aim would be if it told other players that you were new to it.

And of course your're right - I'm not saying everyone's a dick.  It's online gaming, so only most of them are :p

Well the advantage is players miss shots and players dodge bullets.  So that just means MORE time alive to pull off things, good or bad.

I could not run across the street in AA.  Thats a big deal to me in terms of play style.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Well the advantage is players miss shots and players dodge bullets.  So that just means MORE time alive to pull off things, good or bad.

I could not run across the street in AA.  Thats a big deal to me in terms of play style.

But you will miss shots and players will dodge your bullets as well, so there's no advantage.  The only way I can see that either aim mode has a specific advantage (other than a learning curve) is if they were mixed.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 29 January 2014 - 04:30 PM.

Vooodu, on 29 Jan 2014 - 5:01 PM, said:Vooodu, on 29 Jan 2014 - 5:01 PM, said:

rzurita01, on 29 Jan 2014 - 4:59 PM, said:rzurita01, on 29 Jan 2014 - 4:59 PM, said:

You make it sound like a bad thing..lol.

Infact, that right there is why i hate AA.

It should be impossible to hit someone while they are moving.  It should also be hard to kill 4 players.

it's not really impossible to hit some1 while he's moving

unless he's moving really fast, like in  a car or something

which is what I hate about AA, the ability for any1 to lock on and kill you as you speed by in your car

that sh*t is just downright ridiculous and really annoying

but if some1's running it's not that hard to just shoot them in free-aim if you have half decent motor skills

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:30 PM Edited by Vooodu, 29 January 2014 - 04:33 PM.

But you will miss shots and players will dodge your bullets as well, so there's no advantage.  The only way I can see that either aim mode has a specific advantage (other than a learning curve) is if they were mixed.

Its rare to miss in AA tho.  Unless the AA targets the wrong target.  And thats just another can of worms which is wrong with AA.

Me, i can't stand it.  Getting locked on by an aim bot makes my brain hurt.  Also, using AA makes me want to fight against it. 

But last night.  I dodged a few bullets, jumped over a car and cracked someone in the face with a gold club.  Now, sh*t like that can't be pulled off in a aim mode where people are rabidly tapping the lock on button.  Among other things.

When people make an amazing shot in free aim or pull off some sick sh*t. You can't help by think, "That was good sh*t man".

• Tabula Rasa likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Or they have an aa controller in a free aim room.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

lol.. This.

Im not sure about a controller but i know you can glitch into FA with AA on.

Which is kind of lame.

But people will do what ever they can to be the biggest dick in this game. 

AA in FA with GOD mode  YAY!..  lol

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

I had a friend that had one in IV and it made the buzzard aa for him as well.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

I've always been more of the driver as opposed to the muscle so I like auto assist. That said my flying tactics and attack tactics have changed considerably to compensate for everyone having god like aiming abilities. Ultimately it works out since I have the same ability.

GambleGamble
  • GambleGamble

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Lol, AA

• JayDM420 and watchclock like this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

so, i've not been using free aim since i started playing this game thinking i'd be playing against people who are using auto aim. that was the be all and end all for me in the free aim/auto aim debate, didn't want to put myself at an immediate disadvantage, learning they have separate lobbies is a game changer. does the sensitivity need adjusting or is it pretty spot on? also, seen a couple people say that stickys are used even more, is this true? stickys are thee most annoying weapon in the game for me, and it would really ruin FA.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

so, i've not been using free aim since i started playing this game thinking i'd be playing against people who are using auto aim. that was the be all and end all for me in the free aim/auto aim debate, didn't want to put myself at an immediate disadvantage, learning they have separate lobbies is a game changer. does the sensitivity need adjusting or is it pretty spot on? also, seen a couple people say that stickys are used even more, is this true? stickys are thee most annoying weapon in the game for me, and it would really ruin FA.

Stickies aren't used anymore than normal in Fa in my personal experience. And yes; turn up or down the sensitivity as you see fit.

Oh and remember to give yourself some time to learn. Took me 1-2days of playing Fa to kinda get my aim down. I suggest doing Survivals. It lets you get adjusted to letting your target walk into your line of sight.

Hopefully you like it. Things can get pretty intense when there's no AA and you have to use more tactics to engage your enemy

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Free aim is a joke against CPU ai, they have auto omega aim on regardless

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Stickies aren't used anymore than normal in Fa in my personal experience. And yes; turn up or down the sensitivity as you see fit.

Oh and remember to give yourself some time to learn. Took me 1-2days of playing Fa to kinda get my aim down. I suggest doing Survivals. It lets you get adjusted to letting your target walk into your line of sight.

Hopefully you like it. Things can get pretty intense when there's no AA and you have to use more tactics to engage your enemy

half an hour in and im loving it, already feel much more immersed, i've wacked sensitivity up to max, might tinker and reduce it a little. i shouldnt need too much time to adjust, ive just come of the back of a month playing on battlefield and then completing Tomb Raider 2013 again, but survivals will become a more prominent part of my game play for the next couple of days, thanks for that! 

and yes, not a sticky in sight, as of yet.

it appears i have joined the ranks of the Free Aim Master Race. thanks to the OP for bringing this to my attention!

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Free aim is a joke against CPU ai, they have auto omega aim on regardless

Yes... the AI has auto aim... and auto spawn in some cases.

But they don't have auto think.. They are programmed to be more accurate simply because they are AI.

Free aim is not a joke tho, i don't get that part. What does that mean?  If that was the case I would have never passed any mission.  

In FA you have to sometimes think ahead prior to getting pinned down or rely on other players.  In FA, you can aim bot yourself out of any situation in seconds.  Sure the AI has AA, but they are also dumb as sh*t.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

lol.. This.

Im not sure about a controller but i know you can glitch into FA with AA on.

Which is kind of lame.

But people will do what ever they can to be the biggest dick in this game. 

AA in FA with GOD mode  YAY!..  lol

This does happen, but it's very rare and quite easy to organise a kick

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:28 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 30 January 2014 - 08:28 AM.

Verbal diarrhea.

*Typed. Get something right in your life.

Your fingers smell like poo all the same.

Such wit.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

i have tried it again, this free aim thing.  its fun for when you are in the car and the others are on foot. thats the best part of it. but the shootouts always turn into a sniperbattle, its the sniper over everything else, u dont have that in autoAim.

SpyroD94
  • SpyroD94

SpyroD94

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

I use both just because its theres does not mean you have to use it free aim long range auto lock short range as long as I come out on top I dont care and the hole duck and role people do while holding a shot gun can be annoying but when they fail and you still come out on top its wearth it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users