Free aim is worth it

235 replies to this topic
Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Free aim is better because every fight in free roam just feels more valuable, not simply who shoots first or who has better access to cover.

Only lame thing about free aim is the assholes who use Entitys as shield, forcing you to blow them up and pay the 10K insurance.

Beautiful thing about the second part of your post, is that people are FINALLY catching on lol... 

I don't drive my Entity anymore "like I used too" in free roam, mainly on mission. but I have two, one with Off-Road wheels and Sport.

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Computer game aim settings really do bring out the worst in people.

At least this thread has yet to produce a challenge of a fight... Yet.

swilstastic
  • swilstastic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

I don't think that either set of players use the aiming system that makes themselves feel "better". I was pointing out the flaws in your nonsensical argument. And that if players did do it to feel "better" they would use auto-aim to make themselves more competitive.

The post directly above yours contradicts your belief, heh. "if you use AA you are no better than an NPC" Obviously, this guy plays FA so that he can establish some false sense of superiority over a separate group of players that he deems lesser than himself due to his play preference. He feels better about himself because he sees himself as relatively better than those 'scrubby auto aim npcs'

Maybe he meant "better" in the sense of a better player, not "better" in the sense of moral superiority. And I said BELIEF not FACT. And I was responding to a post that said the ONLY reason to play free-aim was to feel "better" about yorself. I know that is wrong because I know that's not why I play free-aim. I don't presume as fact what other people's motivations are.

1) I, too, acknowledged it as your "BELIEF". It's right there, in my post.
2) He never said better. It is his attitude, that players who use free aim are equivalent to NPCs, that betrays his sense of superiority. I never said anything about morals, but by labeling free aimers as 'better players', that is putting himself (assuming he plays free aim) on a level above them, thus, he is a "better player" than others. If labeling oneself as a better player based on play preferences isn't the very definition of a superiority complex, then I don't know what is.
3) You in fact did try to speak for other people when you said "I don't think that either set of players..."

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:41 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 21 January 2014 - 09:51 AM.

Free aim does nothing except make the user feel better about themselves playing the game. Self gratification.

Or maybe anyone being able to pull off a ridiculous kill on someone who's speeding by in a car or flying by in a chopper like it's nothing just doesn't appeal to us. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that some others just want their gunfights to have more depth to them.       

• Vooodu likes this

swilstastic
  • swilstastic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Or maybe anyone being able to pull off a ridiculous kill on someone who's speeding by in a car or flying by in a chopper like it's nothing just doesn't appeal to us. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that some people just want their gunfights to have some more depth to them.       

And I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that playing free aim does not inherently make anyone a better player than anyone else, but alas that seems to be the popular opinion.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Or maybe anyone being able to pull off a ridiculous kill on someone who's speeding by in a car or flying by in a chopper like it's nothing just doesn't appeal to us. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that some people just want their gunfights to have some more depth to them.       

And I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that playing free aim does not inherently make anyone a better player than anyone else, but alas that seems to be the popular opinion.

It depends on your definition of 'better'. Surely it's inarguable that playing free aim will make you a more skilled player.

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

as long as it mean more people in free aim lobbies then im glad

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

MAINfella

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

It's a shame - according to a poll I made here, only 15% prefer playing on Free-aim. 

My way to advocate for Free-aim - simply I host deathmatches in Free-aim, sometimes I have some AA guys joining.

I also made a deathmatch which is  mandatory free-aim (link below), even if you play it on Assisted aiming (due to the forced weapons + pickups predefined).  And I am pretty convinced people who are not fans of Free-aim vote thumbs down far more often on my job :D Still it is worth it to spread the word and try to open their eyes torwards Free-aiming.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:29 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 21 January 2014 - 11:30 AM.

I believe the biggest problem we have in the match making is that the majority of the fanbase have no idea there are seperate lobbies. They probably assume that turning AA off will just handicap them, and this is why freeaim has lower numbers.

I blame the developers for making it so misunderstood. If they had a big tip saying "Freeaim puts you in a seperate lobby", perhaps more people would switch.

• PlamenVT likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

October 1st

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

I believe the biggest problem we have in the match making is that the majority of the fanbase have no idea there are seperate lobbies. They probably assume that turning AA off will just handicap them, and this is why freeaim has lower numbers.

I blame the developers for making it so misunderstood. If they had a big tip saying "Freeaim puts you in a seperate lobby", perhaps more people would switch.

Maybe it's because I've been playing R* games for so long that I know how they work but can people really be THAT stupid?

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:45 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 21 January 2014 - 11:52 AM.

Maybe it's because I've been playing R* games for so long that I know how they work but can people really be THAT stupid?

The majority probably don't come to the internet forums. Is there anywhere in the game that actually says the lobbies are seperate? The only thing I can think of is when you accept an invite from a friend who has a different targeting mode. That's not a lot, and still leaves a huge lack of information to the general population. Makes me question why Rockstar did this. They have tips for so many things in the loading screen, how hard would it have been to add this one detail? And they didn't.

This is the reason people here are so proud of making the switch. Since there is very little information in the game, we must constantly anounce that there are freeaim lobbies to get the word out.

• livejoker likes this

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'd use free aim if other people actually used it.

I'd be lucky to get 1 other person in any mission/race/whatever in free aim mode.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

If I could punch your little fa**ot British child face I would do so without hesitation.

-100 for making fun of handicapped people. Another reason you should just kill yourself and save council thousands in welfare costs.

You parents must be proud.

Good one spastic. If you use your tiny little brain for a few minutes and watch the video you'll see the woman isn't handicapped just fat and lazy.

Also I'm older than you and not British. Nice one with the threat Internet tough guy. You have a habit of threatening people over the Internet, it just proves you're a weak nerd.
Says the guy who brings dead moms into internet fights about aiming. Youre not older, but more immature for sure. I've seen several of your posts too pal... You're up on the hypocrisy tip for sure. Nice try on the high ground though... Maybe your 2 fans will send you "atta boy" messages. You're dismissed.
You struggle to gain any momentum with your insults, not that you even got anywhere in the first place.

Keep threatening people hero, keep puffing that chest out.

Wow. You're still talking as if your opinion means something to me. Lol.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:02 PM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 21 January 2014 - 01:06 PM.

If I could punch your little fa**ot British child face I would do so without hesitation.

-100 for making fun of handicapped people. Another reason you should just kill yourself and save council thousands in welfare costs.

Good one spastic. If you use your tiny little brain for a few minutes and watch the video you'll see the woman isn't handicapped just fat and lazy.

Also I'm older than you and not British. Nice one with the threat Internet tough guy. You have a habit of threatening people over the Internet, it just proves you're a weak nerd.
Says the guy who brings dead moms into internet fights about aiming. Youre not older, but more immature for sure. I've seen several of your posts too pal... You're up on the hypocrisy tip for sure. Nice try on the high ground though... Maybe your 2 fans will send you "atta boy" messages. You're dismissed.
You struggle to gain any momentum with your insults, not that you even got anywhere in the first place.

Gold. The first thing you do in the morning is reply to me. Clearly my opinion is important to you.

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Went into a free aim lobby. Drove my bus around, didn't get shot at.

Didn't feel right, went back to auto-aim. Drove bus around there, got blasted.

All was right in the world..  :panic:

• Furry_Monkey likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:28 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 21 January 2014 - 01:32 PM.

Went into a free aim lobby. Drove my bus around, didn't get shot at.

Didn't feel right, went back to auto-aim. Drove bus around there, got blasted.

All was right in the world..  :panic:

The only time I ever drove a bus around ended by a surprise tank. I ended that tank with a surprise snipe (I think).

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

TOO MANY goddamn people are worrying about how others are playing the game.

• livejoker likes this

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

MAINfella

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

I post it here as well since I see quite a few people enjoying Free-aim DM's as I am.

We are hosting a Free-aim Creators event  this Saturday on Xbox (mostly deathmatches, but some races as well). This is our second event, on the previous one we gathered 14 people and played over 20 created jobs. 

Event details here: http://gtaforums.com...t-1st-feb-2014/

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Wow, OP is a control freak much?

"I beg u guys to switch to free aim and try it out in online for our own sake." Seriously, this a bit weird. Why does it matter to you so much what other people do.

I am going to stop using free aim & switch to auto, then send you a PM telling you so to see the reaction. Maybe I will record some video too, I think you'd pop you f*cking weirdo.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Gold. The first thing you do in the morning is reply to me. Clearly my opinion is important to you.

Verbal diarrhea.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

I switched to free aim recently (a few days ago - a week at the most), and it's horrible.  People are massively more aggressive than in auto aim sessions, and I'm not saying this after just 1 session so please don't give me the "it was just a bad session" excuse.    People actively hound you in packs for literally no apparent reason (they obviously have a reason, but it's lost on me).  There are a lot more people in Rhinos, Buzzards and Lazers and they're out to cause grief.  The only sessions I've been in since changing that haven't been like this are the ones where there's only 2 other people in there, which admittedly happens more than not.

I need to change my playing style and start doing deathmatches if I want to get better with free aim, because at the minute I'm not getting chance to pull the trigger that often so I'll never get better.  It's not easy to get the upper hand when you've got a group of 3, 4 or 5 people spawn killing you, and that seems to be the norm.

Unless something changes drastically, I'm gonna have to say free aim sucks.  I do okay using free aim when doing gang attacks or in missions, so I'm obviously not totally sh*t.  It's just the aggressive attitude that is rife in free aim sessions that is very unpleasant.  Seriously, it's a different game and I don't think I like it.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Yeah those who say it's calm and relaxing are full of sh*t, it's a mess.

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

Free Aim and Auto Aim players don't play in the same lobby as one another so I don't understand why one is trying to force the other to do what they're doing. It's like you're preaching your own religion. It's getting stupid now.

If i could use my quota of likes on this post I would.
I choose to play AA because I don't focus on the combat side. I am a driver. I don't avoid combat, but when I do need to shoot I like to hit my target. The single player defaulted to assisted and that is what I used. I am happy with my choice. I don't need to persuade anyone to use it.

I like the fact that while in an AA server I have the option of using either AA or FA. I do not believe that is possible in FA is it? Might that be the possible proof that some seek of which one Rockstar deemed to be more or less skilled?

Some advice from a fellow driver: Stick to free aim; it makes it more difficult for the frothing PvP addicts to shoot you at speed.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

But Auto Aim is useful especially when your view is blocked by some stupid objects.

The best thing is that I can just pull my analog and it's Free Aim which is very useful too. Then, half press R2 to aim while running.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:58 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 29 January 2014 - 11:59 AM.

Verbal diarrhea.

*Typed. Get something right in your life.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

But Auto Aim is useful especially when your view is blocked by some stupid objects.

I hate that about auto-aim.  How people can just keep tapping the left trigger over and over again until they find their target :whuh:

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:01 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 29 January 2014 - 12:01 PM.

The competition in freeaim never gets boring. It gives purpose to the sniper rifle, RPG, minigun, drive by shooting, players 2 missile cam, and other weapons which do not get over powered by unrealistic accuracy. If you like watching the game play itself, the autoaim is for you, but if you like competition, then freeaim is where it's at.

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:03 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 29 January 2014 - 12:07 PM.

Auto-aim doesn't remove the purpose of the sniper rifle, or any of those other things. They can all be utilised successfully in auto-aim lobbies. But it requires skill *coughs*.

Edit: I also use most other weapons free-aimed in auto-aim lobbies too. Them headshots.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Auto-aim doesn't remove the purpose of the sniper rifle, or any of those other things. They can all be utilised successfully in auto-aim lobbies. But it requires skill *coughs*.

You definitely have skill if you run around autoaim winning 1 vs 1's with a sniper. I doubt many actually do it.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Lol.

Kids care about free aim because they have time to care about such trivial things. Real people don't.

I'm 30. I use free aim. I can't find the words to describe how staggeringly pathetic auto aim is. It's a total skill-leveller.
  • S-M-O-K-E likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users