Oh lord, the memories right there.

• beat_savy_9 likes this

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

I play with my TV screen turned off. Anyone doing any less is just cruising on EZ mode and not fully appreciating everything this game has to offer.

• livejoker, Phyxsius-, tymaster50 and 2 others like this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Of course it's worth it, it is FREE aim after all.

I'm surprised R* didn't make it a DLC.

• livejoker, beat_savy_9 and Coin like this

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by Zarathustra71, 19 January 2014 - 07:15 PM.

The blatant aimism in this thread disgraceful. You don't take the piss out of people in wheelchairs do you? Same difference, you sub-human scum.

What do we want? AUTO-AIM!!

When do we want it? RIGHT f*ckING NOW BECAUSE MY LIFE'S SO BUSY I CAN'T POSSIBLY AIM AT THINGS!!

If you guys are having any parades, I'll gladly stand shoulder to shoulder with my skill-less brethren.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Learn to aim people. sh*t isn't that hard :/

Don't compare handicapped people to those who use auto-aim. 

You guys aren't handicapped. You're merely too lazy to actually aim for yourself.

Auto-Aim deserves every bit of flak that it gets, and then some. 

• Punisher. likes this

nimaager123
  • nimaager123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by nimaager123, 19 January 2014 - 07:52 PM.

Guys please dont make this an  aa vs free aim topic, im just saying that they both are good. Everyone has their own type of playstyle and we should respect that.

I just want to inform u guys that u should give free aim a go and tell me what u think. :)

• livejoker and Milesinho like this

Punisher.
  • Punisher.

Capture King

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

The blatant aimism in this thread disgraceful. You don't take the piss out of people in wheelchairs do you? Same difference, you sub-human scum.

If people chose to be in wheelchairs because they were too lazy to actually walk places, and were not actually disabled, I think most people would take the piss out of them. 

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Love free aim when I want to Cruz and drive my classic cars. But missions are automatic auto aim for me

nimaager123
  • nimaager123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Love free aim when I want to Cruz and drive my classic cars. But missions are automatic auto aim for me

Try to do missions with free aim its actually fun when u get a grip of it. U dont just press the trigger and win u actually have to take cover and move. :)

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by GTARACER93, 19 January 2014 - 08:04 PM.

Maybe it's me but I'm finding much nicer players in Free Aim too. 

First time since launch a few randoms  were just cruising on bikes not shooting.

The rp buff and cash is nice too. but the lobbies seem friendlier. 

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

Yo

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

I used to play on Free-aim when online launched. I used it in singleplayer as well. I stopped because my friends always played on Auto Aim and it was annoying to keep switching back. Most of my friends either don't play with me or never play gta at all anymore. I may switch back next time I play. I just hope there's more people in free aim lobbys since last time I've checked.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

First time since launch a few randoms  were just cruising on bikes not shooting.

It's because any person can auto-aim.  All the annoying over-obsessed PvP people stick with auto-aim.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

It's because any person can auto-aim.  All the annoying over-obsessed PvP people stick with auto-aim.

True but I'm talking about people driving right by me in a tank when I'm not in Passive mode. 

It's weird not to be shot at 24/7.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Like I said, lol the free aim community is more mature.

nimaager
  • nimaager

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Like I said, lol the free aim community is more mature.

Yea mostly but there are still idiots killing u the second they see u.:(

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

If people chose to be in wheelchairs because they were too lazy to actually walk places, and were not actually disabled, I think most people would take the piss out of them. 

this is blitzzd's mum

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:39 AM Edited by Shade04rek, 20 January 2014 - 10:49 AM.

This thread makes me feel peaceful. I normally gotta hate some people I get into shoot outs with, Like seriously we hate each others guts sometimes and get in to spawn killing warz, but I realize now that anyone I play with on free aim lobbies aren't all big enough of trolls that they cant aim for themselves. Putting that in to perspective, I can't really be upset, we all just have too mad of skills to play on baby bitch mode.

Sniping should still be completely free aim in autoaim lobbies right? if so, sounds like it could be a field day seeing as most wouldnt be used to actually aiming

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

One thing that annoys me in Auto Aim lobbies is when you're with buddies on a train, doing a shoot out with the cops and it locks on your buddy and you fire...or you're too close and you melee his face. R* could easily introduce the posse system for GTA V where you invite friends/players in a posse and that turns into a Free Aim mode against them. You can still kill them with explosives and cars. :)

That's why I stick with Free Aim but Free Aim against AI isn't really fair. Sure, sure, realism, blah blah blah, I'm impressed with your skills. But the AI are cheating pieces of poo.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by Shade04rek, 20 January 2014 - 11:15 AM.

One thing that annoys me in Auto Aim lobbies is when you're with buddies on a train, doing a shoot out with the cops and it locks on your buddy and you fire...or you're too close and you melee his face. R* could easily introduce the posse system for GTA V where you invite friends/players in a posse and that turns into a Free Aim mode against them. You can still kill them with explosives and cars. :)

That's why I stick with Free Aim but Free Aim against AI isn't really fair. Sure, sure, realism, blah blah blah, I'm impressed with your skills. But the AI are cheating pieces of poo.

I know people argue about whether or not gtav online is a step back from IV, But screw both, RDR did it perfect. It was one big step forward from IV to RDR, then one giant step back to the same stuff with a couple trade offs. Its pathetic that V MP doesn't have at least everything from RDR MP, instead They went with even less flexibility.

• livejoker likes this

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

[quote name="EyeMacHunt" post="1064563383" timestamp="1390211871"]

[quote name="Punisher." post="1064559560" timestamp="1390161249"]

[quote name="Zarathustra71" post="1064559309" timestamp="1390158936"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

this is blitzzd's mum

[/quote

My Moms dead.

If I could punch your little fa**ot British child face I would do so without hesitation.

-100 for making fun of handicapped people. Another reason you should just kill yourself and save council thousands in welfare costs.

You parents must be proud.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

The first time I played through Red Dead Redemption i played with auto-aim because I didn't realise there was an option to disable it (yeah, I'm a 'tard), loved the story, but somehow the overall experience felt kind of unsatisfying and empty since every gunfight was won by squeezing the left trigger, highlighting the next bad guy (even snipers on cliff tops who are barely visible) then right trigger, dead.

After completing it I discovered free aim and immediately played through it again, having a much more immersive and satisfying experience of the game. Since then the first thing I do when I get a new game is disable any such assists.

I get that people who've been playing auto-aim GTAO since release will feel somewhat at sea when they jump into free aim but it really is worth it. I've been playing free aim since GTAO came out, I was awful to start with and I'm still pretty rubbish compared to many of the players I meet, but every kill means something and feels good.

Of course it's down to personal preference and if people want to go auto, fair enough. However, I don't buy this argument 'life's too short to spend learning how to shoot'. That's just BS. You won't use up any more or less of your life playing free aim, but you will have a more fulfilling experience of GTA Online.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

I dont want to start a flame war I just want to inform people about the benefits of free aim. I recently switched from auto aim to free aim and it was great, I had played with auto aim for 2 months and the last few days with free aim were great. Not only does the mission get funnier but u also get so much more money and rp, 25% more than in auto aim lobbies. 

People cant instalock and kill u while ur in a vehicle and the different weapon types matters now when u cant instalock and just spam the trigger.

More skill are required in shootouts and i find myself often using the roll option more and taking cover.

I beg u guys to switch to free aim and try it out in online for our own sake.

Edit: I just made my account to tell u this but i have been around the forum since July 2013.

i almost forgot about the cash and rp bonus they implemented, i might give it a try again today...

back in october i tried to convince people how much better it is for PvP.  but some missions are really not funny with free aim.

also when u meet a free aim pro ( and i will never be one) your odds shrink to almost zero.  this cant happen in assAim, where brains and reactions are more important than aiming.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:54 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 20 January 2014 - 01:32 PM.

You have been around the forum for a long time but created a new account to tell everyone to try freeaim. Would it not be more likely we would listen to a regular than a complete nub? Or do you know that your regular has a reputation for being an asshat no one will listen to?

Whenever I hear someone touting the benefits of a free aim choice all I hear is please switch because our lobbies are all empty and we need people to play with.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

I started the SP campaign using only free aim & got fairly competent at it. Then I started Online & got lazy.

I'll take your advice though, as AA takes little to no skill & you're very vulnerable in your car. Although my free aim on targets outside the effective AA distance is pretty good.

exactly the same here. Pushed through SP with free aim and switched to assisted aim in MP (I believe it was selected automatically when joinig MP for the first time). 

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

You have been around the forum long time but created a new account to tell everyone to try freeaim. Would it not be more likely we would listen to a regular that a complete nub? Or do you know that your regular has a reputation for being an asshat no one will listen to?

Whenever I hear someone toutimg the benefits of a free aim choice all I hear is please switch because our lobbies are all empty and we need people to play with.

Try joining a free aim lobby and you'll find plenty to choose from.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Free Aim and Auto Aim players don't play in the same lobby as one another so I don't understand why one is trying to force the other to do what they're doing. It's like you're preaching your own religion. It's getting stupid now.

If i could use my quota of likes on this post I would.
I choose to play AA because I don't focus on the combat side. I am a driver. I don't avoid combat, but when I do need to shoot I like to hit my target. The single player defaulted to assisted and that is what I used. I am happy with my choice. I don't need to persuade anyone to use it.

I like the fact that while in an AA server I have the option of using either AA or FA. I do not believe that is possible in FA is it? Might that be the possible proof that some seek of which one Rockstar deemed to be more or less skilled?
  • The Real SpitKing likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Free Aim and Auto Aim players don't play in the same lobby as one another so I don't understand why one is trying to force the other to do what they're doing. It's like you're preaching your own religion. It's getting stupid now.

If i could use my quota of likes on this post I would.
I choose to play AA because I don't focus on the combat side. I am a driver. I don't avoid combat, but when I do need to shoot I like to hit my target. The single player defaulted to assisted and that is what I used. I am happy with my choice. I don't need to persuade anyone to use it.

I like the fact that while in an AA server I have the option of using either AA or FA. I do not believe that is possible in FA is it? Might that be the possible proof that some seek of which one Rockstar deemed to be more or less skilled?

It would be pointless to allow auto-aim in free-aim lobbies. They would stop being free-aim lobbies!

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

If your excuse for not free-aiming is that you hate console controls then you should probably just stick to PC.

Or he could just use the optional compensation provided to overcome that obstacle.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

You guys aren't handicapped. You're merely too lazy to actually aim for yourself.

The only reason you care is because your lobbies are empty.
There is absolutely zero reason other than that to even be discussing this because the two aim types are never set against each other. If I want to color my sky green it is my business.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

The only reason you care is because your lobbies are empty.
There is absolutely zero reason other than that to even be discussing this because the two aim types are never set against each other. If I want to color my sky green it is my business.

I repeat, go into a free aim lobby, there are loads of players there. There's no point trying to make a point by making things up or not bothering to check your facts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users