Photo

Free aim is worth it

235 replies to this topic
GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Auto-aim is here to stay for me.  Life's too short to prick about with free aim.

Neither is better or worse than the other, it's down to an individuals personal preference.  I wish people would get this simple fact into their heads and stop with the one is better than the other BS.

Except we are comparing using a lock on aim bot to play a 3rd person shooter to manual aim. I wish people would stop comparing them when one mode is not even a aim mode and barely takes any effort.

Same thing happened over at the Red Dead forums constantly with aim topics.  Im not really sure why AA users on forums get so offended and think they deserve equal rights and respect.

If you want to use it then thats your choice and mistake.  But i don`t get why AA fans feel the need to inject their excuses and poor taste when talking to non aim bot supporters on almost every aim topic.

I mean, you say life is to short. In my mind, unless you are planing to die in next few seconds im sure you have enough time to move the white dot and pull the trigger. 

• who-dat likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

yeah nooby auto-aimers stay out of our free-aim appreciation thread! XD

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

If they had first person view i would use free aim hands down...but the over the shoulder thing is a real pain in the ass

• Hoosierdaddy76 and The Angel King like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

But Auto Aim has free aim too just by half-pressing R2. Plus, you can run while doing it. What's more, during auto aim, pull your right analog and it's free aim, like I usually do in survival.

So Auto Aim = Epic win.

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

But Auto Aim has free aim too just by half-pressing R2. Plus, you can run while doing it. What's more, during auto aim, pull your right analog and it's free aim, like I usually do in survival.

So Auto Aim = Epic win.

When did aim bots doing the all work = Epic?

I know a few games on PC where aim bots = Epic Banned from the game

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

So Auto Aim = Epic win.

Yeah but a guy with Auto Aim against a guy with Free Aim, in most cases the Auto Aim will win as it makes it SO much easier. That's like one guy trying to take a piss where the toilet is moving and the other one just connects his dick to a tube.

• lavarsicious and wega151 like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

livejoker, on 19 Jan 2014 - 5:11 PM, said:

luisniko, on 19 Jan 2014 - 5:04 PM, said:

So Auto Aim = Epic win.

Yeah but a guy with Auto Aim against a guy with Free Aim, in most cases the Auto Aim will win as it makes it SO much easier. That's like one guy trying to take a piss where the toilet is moving and the other one just connects his dick to a tube.

actually not all the time

if it's up close, the auto-aimer will win most likely

but auto-aim has a lock on distance limit which is pretty short (on some guns ridiculously so) while the gun can actually shoot a lot further. so by free-aiming (by pulling the left trigger halfway, which is way more accurate than using the right trigger, plus it allows you to zoom) you can shoot auto-aimers from a distance and they can't shoot back.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Auto-aim is here to stay for me.  Life's too short to prick about with free aim.

Neither is better or worse than the other, it's down to an individuals personal preference.  I wish people would get this simple fact into their heads and stop with the one is better than the other BS.

Except we are comparing using a lock on aim bot to play a 3rd person shooter to manual aim. I wish people would stop comparing them when one mode is not even a aim mode and barely takes any effort.

Same thing happened over at the Red Dead forums constantly with aim topics.  Im not really sure why AA users on forums get so offended and think they deserve equal rights and respect.

If you want to use it then thats your choice and mistake.  But i don`t get why AA fans feel the need to inject their excuses and poor taste when talking to non aim bot supporters on almost every aim topic.

I mean, you say life is to short. In my mind, unless you are planing to die in next few seconds im sure you have enough time to move the white dot and pull the trigger. 

You missed the point I was trying to get accross.  It's down to personnal preference.

How is it my mistake to use auto-aim?  See, this is the sort of BS attitude that causes threads like these to desend into a petty slanging match over nothing.  How is it an excuse and poor taste?  It's personal preference.  Why is that so difficult for some people to understand?  It's like some people prefer to drive manual, others automatic.  Doesn't make tham any less of a driver than the other.

Life is too short to sit for hours on end perfecting free-aim.  Some of us were not born with a controller in our hands and some of us have jobs and other commitments that take up our time.  Not all of us still live with our parents and have nothing else to do.  I don't care if someone uses free aim or auto aim, it's horses for courses and I would certainly not look down my nose at someone just because they choose something different to me, that attitude is pathetic.

As long as everyone enjoys their game how they wish to play it, that's the main thing.  If you want to free aim, join the army.

• The Real SpitKing and LuapYllier like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

livejoker, on 19 Jan 2014 - 5:11 PM, said:

luisniko, on 19 Jan 2014 - 5:04 PM, said:

So Auto Aim = Epic win.

actually not all the time

if it's up close, the auto-aimer will win most likely

but auto-aim has a lock on distance limit which is pretty short (on some guns ridiculously so) while the gun can actually shoot a lot further. so by free-aiming (by pulling the left trigger halfway, which is way more accurate than using the right trigger, plus it allows you to zoom) you can shoot auto-aimers from a distance and they can't shoot back.

Forgot to add that in, thanks. Yes, Free Aim wins in the range...pretty much like a sniper.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

am30, on 19 Jan 2014 - 5:18 PM, said:

GtaGuy420, on 19 Jan 2014 - 4:51 PM, said:

am30, on 19 Jan 2014 - 4:43 PM, said:

You missed the point I was trying to get accross.  It's down to personnal preference.

How is it my mistake to use auto-aim?  See, this is the sort of BS attitude that causes threads like these to desend into a petty slanging match over nothing.  How is it an excuse and poor taste?  It's personal preference.  Why is that so difficult for some people to understand?  It's like some people prefer to drive manual, others automatic.  Doesn't make tham any less of a driver than the other.

Life is too short to sit for hours on end perfecting free-aim.  Some of us were not born with a controller in our hands and some of us have jobs and other commitments that take up our time.  Not all of us still live with our parents and have nothing else to do.  I don't care if someone uses free aim or auto aim, it's horses for courses and I would certainly not look down my nose at someone just because they choose something different to me, that attitude is pathetic.

As long as everyone enjoys their game how they wish to play it, that's the main thing.  If you want to free aim, join the army.

so you sit hours on end playing in auto-aim?

yeah makes perfect sense XD

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

So Auto Aim = Epic win.

True, auto-aim can be easily over-ridden which I sometimes do in survivals as well.

Wouldn't say it's epic, but then I wouldn't say free-aim is epic.  In fact, I wouldn't say anything in this game is epic anymore until R* release new contecnt which may or may not be epic.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Free aim is better because every fight in free roam just feels more valuable, not simply who shoots first or who has better access to cover.

Only lame thing about free aim is the assholes who use Entitys as shield, forcing you to blow them up and pay the 10K insurance.

That happens in Auto aim lobbies too...

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

How can you sit for hours on end doing anything in this game anymore?

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Are the deathmatch lobbies still empty on freeaim?

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:25 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 19 January 2014 - 04:26 PM.

Aimlock just screwed me over today. Some dude was trying to kill me and a buddy of mine, and I aimed to kill. I locked on my friend for some reason and since I thought I locked on to the other guy (they were near) I fired.

He respawned, we decided to get in one car so that it doesn't happen again, then we killed that griefer.

Freaking hell, dude tried to kill my bud as I was doing bicycle tricks on his car.

This is why AA sucks the most. Especially if you're doing a survival mission solo holding off the enemy wave. It's insane how your weapon insists on illogically locking on to some irrelevant enemy AI coming at you in the distance---when other enemy NPCs are closer within feet of you.  Especially when the system feels like spawning another enemy NPC---literally at point blank range distance from your char--who then proceeds to blast off your char's head off with a shotgun. :facedesk:

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I dont want to start a flame war I just want to inform people about the benefits of free aim. I recently switched from auto aim to free aim and it was great, I had played with auto aim for 2 months and the last few days with free aim were great. Not only does the mission get funnier but u also get so much more money and rp, 25% more than in auto aim lobbies. 

People cant instalock and kill u while ur in a vehicle and the different weapon types matters now when u cant instalock and just spam the trigger.

More skill are required in shootouts and i find myself often using the roll option more and taking cover.

I beg u guys to switch to free aim and try it out in online for our own sake.

Edit: I just made my account to tell u this but i have been around the forum since July 2013.

same reasons i switched to free aim. no noob can pick you out of the driver seat while your doing 150mph. and you dont accidentally melee your friends when you stand beside them and want to shoot someone else

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by GtaGuy420, 19 January 2014 - 04:39 PM.

Life is to short to actually read all that and try to make any sense of it.

You make it sound as if free aim is complicated, as if you need to be a pro or part of the army?  What are you even talking about?

Aiming is the same as driving. Point in the direction you want to shoot or drive and press the R trigger.   Its not more complicated then that.  Being really good at it is another story..

If your personal preference is to allow the game to do it for you, then thats where the mistake and bad taste sets in.  I personally don't understand AA.

How is it my mistake to use auto-aim?  See, this is the sort of BS attitude that causes threads like these to desend into a petty slanging match over nothing.  

Some of us were not born with a controller in our hands and some of us have jobs and other commitments that take up our time.  Not all of us still live with our parents and have nothing else to do.

BS attitude has been bolded for you..lol

• EyeMacHunt and who-dat like this

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Lol.

Kids care about free aim because they have time to care about such trivial things. Real people don't.

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Lol.

Kids care about free aim because they have time to care about such trivial things. Real people don't.

Any proof to that?  Or are typical troll type responses your specialty?

Real people huh?  Real people use real aim bots right?  Because real people don't have time to really aim?

Is that your logic?....  Because from my stand point real players really play the game.  

• EyeMacHunt and who-dat like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

am30, on 19 Jan 2014 - 5:23 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 19 Jan 2014 - 5:21 PM, said:

How can you sit for hours on end doing anything in this game anymore?

stop dodging the question and post your in-game time!

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Free Aim and Auto Aim players don't play in the same lobby as one another so I don't understand why one is trying to force the other to do what they're doing. It's like you're preaching your own religion. It's getting stupid now.

• The Real SpitKing and LuapYllier like this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

If your excuse for not free-aiming is that you hate console controls then you should probably just stick to PC.
  • JayDM420 likes this

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

I always forget to f*cking roll.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Ive played with both. As stated, its all personal preference. I just recently switched back to FA and am very glad i did. I only switched to AA as thats what most people who duped rare cars used when i was collecting them.

Now that they have removed basically all the good rare ones, and taken away the billions, its time to actually play the game again.

No more getting picked off while doing 150 MPH in a car. Thank f*ck.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

I use free aim all the time.  Neither my tank or sniper rifle have ever locked onto anything.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

"I ain't got time to combat roll."
lol.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

Yup I did this back in November and NEVER went back. I thought I would just suck at free aim, but just about everybody sucks at it, so its an even playing field.

It should have been the default setting in my opinion.

Zehealingman
  • Zehealingman

Sometimes I dream about cheese.

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

I gave up FA a long time ago, couldn't find any lobbies.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

I like my games to actually require skill, so... free aim master race, reporting in.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

I like my games to actually require skill

me too, like Mario Bros, took a year to master that for me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users