» «
Photo

Free aim is worth it

235 replies to this topic
nimaager123
  • nimaager123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:05 PM Edited by nimaager123, 19 January 2014 - 12:06 PM.

I dont want to start a flame war I just want to inform people about the benefits of free aim. I recently switched from auto aim to free aim and it was great, I had played with auto aim for 2 months and the last few days with free aim were great. Not only does the mission get funnier but u also get so much more money and rp, 25% more than in auto aim lobbies. 

People cant instalock and kill u while ur in a vehicle and the different weapon types matters now when u cant instalock and just spam the trigger.

More skill are required in shootouts and i find myself often using the roll option more and taking cover.

I beg u guys to switch to free aim and try it out in online for our own sake.

Edit: I just made my account to tell u this but i have been around the forum since July 2013.

• livejoker, Th3MaN1, Crimson Flam3s and 11 others like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Yes it's enjoyable..end of.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

I like Assisted Aim.

K?

• The Real SpitKing, gtagtagta5 and iainspad like this

nimaager123
  • nimaager123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

I like Assisted Aim.

K?

I like it to but try free aim u will like it i promise u, its more satisfying when u get a kill and the mission pay outs are really good.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Free aim is better because every fight in free roam just feels more valuable, not simply who shoots first or who has better access to cover.

Only lame thing about free aim is the assholes who use Entitys as shield, forcing you to blow them up and pay the 10K insurance.

• johnwontscore, Magick, PlamenVT and 2 others like this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Smart aholes

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Not to mention how much more immersive freeaim makes the game. When you're actually constantly scanning the screen for moving objects you begin to notice the much finer detail put into the game.

• RogueStatus, stonedpimpso, lavarsicious and 2 others like this

scorpia4
  • scorpia4

"Lard boy"

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Trying free aim now. Will report findings and biased opinions.
  • Canibitch likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

I started the SP campaign using only free aim & got fairly competent at it. Then I started Online & got lazy.

I'll take your advice though, as AA takes little to no skill & you're very vulnerable in your car. Although my free aim on targets outside the effective AA distance is pretty good.

nimaager123
  • nimaager123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Trying free aim now. Will report findings and biased opinions.

Thank you sir :)

I started the SP campaign using only free aim & got fairly competent at it. Then I started Online & got lazy.

I'll take your advice though, as AA takes little to no skill & you're very vulnerable in your car. Although my free aim on targets outside the effective AA distance is pretty good.

Yea same here i got so easily killed when I was just cruising around in the city, there is also more serious players in the free aim lobbys I have been in.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

I will have to agree free aim does have its advantages........I had not noticed the OPs claim of bigger payouts, but i wasnt looking either

the only down side is Sticky bombs seem to me use more in free aim ..i have been shot less and blowed up more LOL

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Lol these threads are like those spammy adverts you get, 'I made the switch to a gluten free diet two weeks ago and I'm already seeing the benefits...' 

I agree it makes you a better player though and you learn things which you take back into AA lobbies. I think the difference in skill is exaggerated because although its harder to shoot people, its also harder for them to shoot you so it balances out really and just comes down to a different kind of playing style, which in my experience can make a deathmatch more interesting but can also render it a boring campfest.

• SHARKEM, The Real SpitKing and SilkySkillz85 like this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

I like excited about anything posts, they renew my interest in the game, thanks OP. I forgot about the payout buff, thanks for that too.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Lol these threads are like those spammy adverts you get, 'I made the switch to a gluten free diet two weeks ago and I'm already seeing the benefits...' 

I agree it makes you a better player though and you learn things which you take back into AA lobbies. I think the difference in skill is exaggerated because although its harder to shoot people, its also harder for them to shoot you so it balances out really and just comes down to a different kind of playing style, which in my experience can make a deathmatch more interesting but can also render it a boring campfest.

Ding Ding Ding.

Get this man a Twinkie. Win.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

I like free aim. I dislike the players there.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

I usually skip over these types of ''try this'' topics but OP is so nice in each of his replies I can't help but give my input. I used to play Red Dead Redemption a LOT. Was a pro at Auto Aim. Roll, lock, headshot. Works every time against anyone. Tried Free Aim and those damn snipers were good! So I stuck to Auto Aim. Backtrack to GTA 4, though, and it was only Free Aim lobbies or I wouldn't play. You're a sitting duck while driving in a car if you're in a Auto Aim lobby.

Now whenever I enter a game with friends they have it set on Assisted Aiming and I rage at them. At LEAST go Traditional GTA. Free aim is loads of fun against players and you don't rage as much as it's actual skills (where you hide, how you move, how you shoot, all of those affect your death or your kill). I prefer Auto Aim against AI as they're f*cking cheaters. But seeing we get RP boost, I'll try to get better at Free Aim against AI. :)

Punisher.
  • Punisher.

Capture King

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

I recently changed to free aim too, and I approve this topic !!!!

Free aim in online should have been default.

• EyeMacHunt, Tabula Rasa and watchclock like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Aimlock just screwed me over today. Some dude was trying to kill me and a buddy of mine, and I aimed to kill. I locked on my friend for some reason and since I thought I locked on to the other guy (they were near) I fired.

He respawned, we decided to get in one car so that it doesn't happen again, then we killed that griefer.

Freaking hell, dude tried to kill my bud as I was doing bicycle tricks on his car.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

While I'm here, I'd like to know if anyone experienced this. Happened to a buddy (but we were in the same lobby so I can confirm). He was in Free Aim lobby, I invite him to Auto Aim lobby as we're about to do some missions and we're just after the money. He can't lock on anyone and the AI make short work of him. I don't think he got the ''this mode uses a different kind of aiming...'' message when he entered the lobby.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Another "free aim is better than auto aim" topic lol. 

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Ding Ding Ding.

Get this man a Twinkie. Win.

Except winning means nothing when using a lock on aim bot.  Its insane the AA is the default setting.

Free Aim is the only way to play.  There really isn't any point at all with AA.

• Vooodu, EyeMacHunt and NuclearCore like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Another "free aim is better than auto aim" topic lol. 

Yup, it begins right now :/

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 19 January 2014 - 03:23 PM.

auto-aimers Y U SO NOOB?

just aim the gun yourself like a real man!

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

I think free aim is enjoyable only if you're in a game with people that are all in free aim. I remember I was in free aim, and I SWEAR this other guy was on autoaim. Because he would SMG me while I was in my car not even headed towards him. It was an annoyance and I ended up leaving the game, was just really annoying since he wasn't the only one.

For missions and such, I haven't tried it but I'd bet its fun :p

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

auto-aimers Y U SO NOOB?

it is GTA not COD. You will be surprised at the amount of people who couldn't care less about what their aim type is, or somebodys input on it, in a virtual simulation.

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

auto-aimers Y U SO NOOB?

it is GTA not COD. 

My mind was blown....

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Maybe it's Maybelline?

• who-dat likes this

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Free aim is the only way to play for me. Shootouts are much more intense.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

Auto-aim is here to stay for me.  Life's too short to prick about with free aim.

Neither is better or worse than the other, it's down to an individuals personal preference.  I wish people would get this simple fact into their heads and stop with the one is better than the other BS.

• S-M-O-K-E, The Real SpitKing and Coin like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'll use both, but tend to use assisted the most due to that is what most people use. If this was on PC I would use freeaim 100% like most people I know. I am not saying it is easier with a mouse, but it is for me. Due to too much Counterstrike and etc haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users