Photo

Ever met a celebrity?

128 replies to this topic
Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

Any one ever met a celebrity and if so, how were they? Rude, nice?

Me living in hawaii for about 3 years now, I've came across a couple.

-back in 2011 I saw Ke$ha at Kuhio beach park in Waikiki. Didn't really meet her but just her and She looked exactly how you'd think. A dirty ass bitch lol

-Same year but in the summer I met Kevin Heart when he came down for his comedy show. He was at the Sheraton Hotel beach trying to learn how to surf. Really cool dude and he was cracking jokes about black folks trying to surf and then I told him I bodyboard.

-In 2012 I was running at Ala Moana beach park when they were filming Hawaii 5-O (you see them film that show ALOT down here. It's not uncommon.) and I came across Scott Caan (the guy who plays Dano). He's short as hell in person. Later that night I saw him walking out of The M nightclub with two bitches.
  • Finn 7 five 11 and supanaut like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Only the president of Romania himself, if that counts.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

I met myself once. Very awkward situation
  • Graven, SonofYankton and Jeone like this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

I've walked by Penn Jillette when I was at Universal Studios a bit over a year ago. Thought he looked familiar but it didn't register til he was out of sight. The amount of people surrounding him with cameras should have been a dead giveaway to me, but it wasn't. :( So I didn't get to talk to him. He looked like he was in a rush so I don't think I would have been able to get his attention anyway.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Not really but I met a Guinness World Record holder once if that counts. He came to our school and did some nice displays of strength and he told us his life-story which was quite inspirational, pretty cool.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

Nope. I live a boring, sad, pitiful life.  :(

• Mr_Leone, Node, Kalvin and 2 others like this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:38 AM Edited by Werebot85, 19 January 2014 - 11:24 AM.

Well sort of (if sport stars count), but that was before they became famous. A lot of you might not know who they are unless you're a fan of cricket and rugby, but I went to the same school as AB de Villiers, Faf du Plessis (well known SA cricket players) and Pierre Spies (well known rugby player).

I was in the same english class as Spies in my final year in high school. 5 years in school with him, but that was the only year he really talked to me and vice versa lol. It was the first and only time we were in the same class throughout my high school years. I bumped into de Villiers a few times, but I've never met du Plessis.

Spies and AB have always been really cool, nice guys and that is still the case today.

Again, you'll only know who they are if you're into cricket and rugby.
  • theadmiral likes this

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cnt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

I saw that Indian woman from Blue Peter way-back-when in Colchester Zoo on a school trip. She was being a moody bitch because school kids kept interrupting her whilst they were trying to film.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

Met quite a few.

To begin with, Aamir Khan, an actor, during the shoot of his movie Talaash.

He is known as perfectionist in the film industry. When I met him he was more comfortable to start a conversation, superstar sans stardom in his attitude. I took his autograph, had a few talks albeit he spoke less and patiently listened to me.
Well it was roughly around 16-17 mins of short conversation but it was great to meet him in person.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

- I got a High Five from Hopsin and he said something like "Hey bro" I was intoxicated at the time. I had a conversation with

- Jeff Fenech the boxer a few months back at a a seminar he was holding. 

- I met Katri Helena the Finnish singer when I was a kid and she told us she'd sing a song for us, which she did, there were no other kids in the audience and she sang some kids song.

- I High Fived our current Prime Minister Tone Abbott while he was jogging around one of the lakes in Canberra, If you go walking there you see him pretty often actually. He's a f*ckwit prime minister but might as well get a high five. 

Aside from that, haven't really met any really famous people, plenty of Australia only sports players, but they're not really worth mentioning, I feel bad pestering famous people, they'd get it all the time.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:10 AM Edited by Flynny, 19 January 2014 - 08:12 AM.

I spent last Xmas day with a celebrity, not anyone world famous, most here won't know him. The music producer Steve Christian, of Rar & Christian, he was Rae as you might have guessed :pp

he is the brother of my dad's girlfriend hence why we were at his house on Christmas. He's a pretty good cook as well, not great at spelling, his wife told me while we were all playing scrabble in doubles.

And I met Princess Anne once when she came to visit my school.

And I went to high school with the Bath rugby player George Ford, who jsut got picked for the 6 nations I believe. Good for him :)

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

I met John Howard at the Australian Club in Sydney. Shook his hand, told him he was a legend and begged him to come back(this is when Pedo Krudd was PM)

I'd love to do a triathlon with Abbott, he's a f*cking legend too.

I've met a whole bunch of famous cricketers and rugby players.

I would love to meet Schwarzenegger, he's my hero.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

Well...I met you. *points finger at you*

I have seen celebirties from my eyes (not in TV, Sherlocks). It's quite common to meet with Bollywood stars near the western Mumbai but I live on the eastern side or to be more precise, Navi Mumbai. My mother on other hand had met with Sourav Gangluy; a formar Indian cricketer in an airport. Maybe I will meet some celebrity and have a talk too. :D

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Never met one per say, but I was naive and gullible enough when I was a young lad to believe one of my friends was the nephew of Hulk Hogan.

• theNGclan likes this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Not really a celebrity, but I've met David Lee Travis. :p

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:47 AM Edited by Pavlov, 19 January 2014 - 09:49 AM.

Drunk Kate Moss ended up falling on the table I was at during a night at the now defunct Movida in London. That would be the most "interesting" encounter.  Met Bono, Chris Martin, and some other dudes too (I tend to meet a lot of local Polish celebs in coffee shops I go to, I also shook hands with Amr Adeeb from Egypt, for ex).
My gf is somekind of a local (Polish) half-celeb if I can use this word, she is on the way to become a famous journo. Happens to her quite often on public transport to be recognized by people ("are you that person who wrote..." or "are you this journalist?" or "I love your articles" etc).

• Ari Gold likes this

Meekail
  • Meekail

vintage

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

I met a lot of these street cats. Though in my country, whenever people see celebrities, they don't care. Cause they aren't famous. Life moves on.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

I met someone who player a family member in the Brady Bunch show, if anyone remembers it. I forget which one, but it was a a fast-food joint and someone had him sign a napkin which they had since framed up. I am pretty sure that's all.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

I haven't met celebrities, celebrities have met me.

• Testarossa likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:11 AM Edited by F4L?, 19 January 2014 - 10:15 AM.

I met myself once. Very awkward situation

30k4uxc.jpg

Sorry, your joke sucked pretty hard.

I would love to meet Schwarzenegger, he's my hero.

Same here, he's one of the few people I actually want to meet, to talk to.

• lol232, EyeMacHunt and Zapp like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

My friend met Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs at a local Wal-mart. He was in town to do a speech at the university over something.

I don't think I've met any "major" celebrities before, at least not face to face.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:19 PM Edited by Danz., 19 January 2014 - 12:24 PM.

pessoas-famosas-ronaldinho-gaucho-bc67cd

That asshole once came to my city, back in 2008, to visit the place where I used to play soccer. He made us wait like 5 hours for his arrival in a cold and rainy day. When he did arrive the soccer club, he stayed for an hour and didn't let anyone get closer than 5m of him. Only poor black children could talk to him.

However, in the end of his visit I was able to get through the security system and face him front to front for like 5 seconds. I asked him for an autograph in my shirt, but he refused and, instead, he autographed the cap of a black boy and left the place. I was like:

F*ck you, racist bitch nigga! We don't need your sh*t here!

Then the security guards gave me some kicks and pushed me back to where most people were. The result of that "special day" were tiredness, a flu and some hematomas.

• Black & White likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

I've met Kirsty once.. we have triplets now. Strange story but hey, I'm happy.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Well sort of (if sport stars count), but that was before they became famous. A lot of you might not know who they are unless you're a fan of cricket and rugby, but I went to the same school as AB de Villiers, Faf du Plessis (well known SA cricket players) and Pierre Spies (well known rugby player).

You went to Affies? That is really cool!

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

You went to Affies? That is really cool!

Correct
  • theadmiral likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:36 PM Edited by Fireman, 19 January 2014 - 06:14 PM.

I met Slug \o/

Shame the random stranger I gave my camera too couldn't take a proper picture.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I got Till Lindeman's autograph if that counts.
  • Mar.K likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

I went to a F1 race in Bahrain a few years ago, and I met a few racers, including Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa.

Talked to them before the race and got some autographs. This was back when a Ferrari car was the most likely to win a race, not red bull. :p
  • Diamond Dogs likes this

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

I've never met any A-list celebrities, but I have met or seen some minor celebrities.

I met Richard Dawkins and asked him a question at an event at my university.

I saw Matt Dillahunty at a debate and spoke with him after the show for a few minutes.

I saw Aaron Altscher (reality TV show star) give a talk at my high school.

I have seen Mary Feik at events several times (aviation pioneer).

I saw NicePeter in concert.

That's about it off the top of my head. I don't really live anywhere near where celebrities tend to congregate, although I'm sure if I hung around Capitol Hill for a day I'd see some politicians.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

I went to a F1 race in Bahrain a few years ago, and I met a few racers, including Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa.

Talked to them before the race and got some autographs. This was back when a Ferrari car was the most likely to win a race, not red bull. :p

Funny. I live there and I couldn't bring myself to see an actual match.

Never met one per say, but I was naive and gullible enough when I was a young lad to believe one of my friends was the nephew of Hulk Hogan.

Hmm. Well, what would you do if you saw Michael Hollick (Niko's voice actor).  :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users