Peon

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

This didn't work for me.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:09 PM Edited by Spyrothedragon9972, 02 February 2014 - 11:10 PM.

How I got this to work:

Destroy a car from my garage (I chose the cheapest one)

Get in another car from my garage and drive it out of my garage.  

While in the car, call Mors Mutual while spamming the x button (PS3)

This reclaimed the missing car.

I then called Mors Mutual again, while remaining in my car.

The car I destroyed popped up and I then prcedded to reclaim that car. (No need to spam this time).

Voila, all is back to normal in my garage for the time being.  

I did in fact need to buy full coverage again for the missing vehicle.  All of my mods and customizations were intact.  

I'm going to refrain from using my personal vehicle until this problem is worked out.  

• theGTAking101 and koolaidandkfc666 like this

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by M3mn0ch_1987, 03 February 2014 - 03:46 PM.

Just to clarify this does work on all slots other than just slot 1. I just reclaimed my asea that was in slot 5. Good times. Cheers OP

Edit: unlike the dupe glitch via the mechanic this does NOT require that it was the last car you was driving! I drove three or four different personal vehicles since i destroyed my asea and lost it. So long as you have the car still in your mechanic's list i think that this will work

RossCA
  • RossCA

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I figured out how to get permanently destroyed cars back.

1. Destroy another car from your garage
2. Call Mors Mutual Insurance
3. As you are calling them spam 'a' Xbox 360 or 'x' for Ps3
4. Request personal vehicle
5. Then just recall MMI and get your other car back

I don't get it. When you call MMI they don't give you the option of requesting a personal vehicle, so what exactly do you do? You call MMI choose the car you just destroyed from your garage and then after you hang up request personal vehicle? That doesn't work. 

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

Ok here are the steps that you need to follow to get this working.

As I mentioned this is NOT just with slot 1 cars and can be used for any car that is still appearing in your list of vehicles from your mechanic.

1. Get a personal vehicle from your garage. The cheaper the better (you will also need to drive it out of the garage as you need to request a vehicle drop off from your mechanic later)

2. Destroy this vehicle.

3. Call MMI - as soon as you have hit the call button keep smashing X / A (depending on which console) until the phone call ends. Try to be stood near a wall prior to the next step as it will slow your mechanic down

4. As soon as the phone is put down press and keep hold of select and scroll up / down to Request Personal Vehicle and press X / A once. Do not close the quick menu until the car has been delivered.

When the mechanic arrives he should be in your missing destroyed car. You can then call MMI and get your other vehicle back.

Be-aware the copy of the missing car that the mechanic delivers is not insured so best get it insured quick style. If the mechanic fails to deliver the missing car repeat the process. You will have to wait on the cooldown of your mechanic though.

• Furry_Monkey likes this

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

I know one thing that definitely causes your car to be lost to Mor's. I don't know whether this is the reason everyone has been effected but it makes sense to me. I made a thread about it but it has been buried so thought id post it here to so people can be aware.

Now im sure if not all then most of you know about the Mechanic Duplication glitch?

Destroy a car (or get it impounded) -> Call Mechanic for a new car -> once call has ended press and keep hold of select to access quick menu hay presto a copy of the car you just destroyed gets delivered.

This is where the problem lies and I don't think people realise it. Here is what happened to me.

Was in the los sants connection. Didn't want my Asea so blew it up and requested a delivery of my sultan. Whilst waiting for the delivery I decided to take my armour off without thinking that my Asea would come back to me (I knew of the glitch prior to this). Asea was delivered. Continued the mission until I could request another delivery. Requested my sultan again. Finished mission and called Mors. They didn't answer.

Basically when the mechanic delivers a copy of your car to you it arrives uninsured. If you sell / destroy this car without calling Mors to get your original car back and go into your garage prior to selling it or it being destroyed the game thinks that this is your original car that is uninsured and you lose it into the void.

Now the reason that I think it is mostly slot 1 that people are noticing this is because slot 1 is generally the first car that you would go for. I implore you all to whenever you call your mechanic for a delivery stay the hell away from your quick select menu until it is delivered.

I hope this helps people. I personally have never had any issues with insurance until this happened to me.

Monaco_Conqueror
  • Monaco_Conqueror

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:18 PM Edited by Monaco_Conqueror, 08 February 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Tried a few of these methods and lost about 5 cars in the process lol. Fortunately, two were Elegy's, which i bought back and one i managed to get back through the button mashing. However, the other two cars I lost were Franklin's Buffalo and an Exemplar. At this point i thought they were lost forever. However, i bought another Elegy to replace the destroyed Exemplar and immediately after I rang Mors and tapped the X button as previously mentioned. Mors finally answered (although no cars are listed) and a little message pops up in the top right corner - "your car is at the depot". So i got to the depot hoping for an Exemplar and unfortunately it was an elegy lol, the same one i recovered earlier( I think). However, ringing Mors again and they say "your car (the 2nd destroyed car) was delivered to your garage". Went back to my garage and to my suprise there is franklins buffalo ( in slot 1) and its still insured!

So a quick summary to the steps.

1. Destroy another PV - WARNING: You won't get this back

2. Go on legendary motorsport and replace it with an elegy.

3. Immediately ring Mors and tap the X button repeatedly as already mentioned (not certain the tapping is necessary, but why not?)

4. Collect the first car from the Mors depot.

5. Ring Mors again as many times as is necessary - any remaining destroyed cars should be delivered to the garage.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

As I mentioned this is NOT just with slot 1 cars and can be used for any car that is still appearing in your list of vehicles from your mechanic.

1. Get a personal vehicle from your garage. The cheaper the better (you will also need to drive it out of the garage as you need to request a vehicle drop off from your mechanic later)

2. Destroy this vehicle.

3. Call MMI - as soon as you have hit the call button keep smashing X / A (depending on which console) until the phone call ends. Try to be stood near a wall prior to the next step as it will slow your mechanic down

4. As soon as the phone is put down press and keep hold of select and scroll up / down to Request Personal Vehicle and press X / A once. Do not close the quick menu until the car has been delivered.

When the mechanic arrives he should be in your missing destroyed car. You can then call MMI and get your other vehicle back.

Be-aware the copy of the missing car that the mechanic delivers is not insured so best get it insured quick style. If the mechanic fails to deliver the missing car repeat the process. You will have to wait on the cooldown of your mechanic though.

I'd tried the suggestions in this thread previously, but following your explanation to the letter worked for me.

My Entity and I thank you :)

• M3mn0ch_1987 likes this

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Had a friend try this to get his Adder back and it worked like a charm. Thanks OP.

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Didn't work for me. I had a Bagger in my garage in the last slot (right in front of the elevator).

Foppez„o
  • Foppez„o

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

So if you get it back, on#1 spot, it's bound to happen again.It happened to me twice while I had the gifted money, back then I just bought a new one, a Feltzer that is.What's the purpose if the glitch ain't fixed?

Kyscreth
  • Kyscreth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

I tried this over and over with no luck but after about half an hour straight I eventually found my Adder (destroyed 2 days earlier) sitting at the Mors pick up location! 

Dont give up on this technique so easily, I was sure I was wasting my time but it f##king worked!!

Keep trying.. and be sure to hold down the select button immediately after the call.

Drunken Master
  • Drunken Master

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

2. Destroy this vehicle.

Signed up to this forum to say this strategy works! I also sent a "submit a form" on R* around a week ago and they still haven't replied. 

Would like to thank the OP and this guy ^^^ for the help, I thought I was going to have to lose another $1m + on an Adder because R* haven't fixed this problem. 

*Note this still works after the 1.10 patch today (13 Feb)

Legion64
  • Legion64

Epitome of Melancholy

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:48 AM Edited by Legion64, 14 February 2014 - 03:13 AM.

I've done this method so many times and it just isn't working. I've done many other methods and nothing is working. I keep getting my car in the first slot every time I request my vehicle. Just doesn't make sense how this could work for some yet not others. I just want my Cabrio back. Rockstar isn't worth sh*t when it comes to fixing bugs. It was like that in GTA IV, RDR, MP3, and now this.

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Sorry Legion - Other than what I have outlined above I cannot help any further :/

Only suggestion that I have is try "ordering" a different car from your mechanic. If you are requesting that he deliver the car in slot 1 maybe try requesting the car in slot 3 etc etc.

It has to be done quick - If you see your car appear on the screen prior to you pressing and holding select after the call then you know its failed already.

only other recommendation I would have is don't use a motorcycle - these seem to get delivered really quick.

The trick used to be to try and trick the system into delaying your mechanic as long as possible (by standing near a wall etc) but now that there seems to be a delay of about 6 seconds between you requesting it and it being "built" near you you may have better success.

Sorry I cant be of anymore help to you :/

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hope R* can provide a new fix soon

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

2. Destroy this vehicle.

You sir, are to be blessed!

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

The car dupe with the mechanic no longer works after patch 1.10. So I assume this means that method can not be used anymore to salvage cars?

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by M3mn0ch_1987, 16 February 2014 - 11:09 PM.

From the reports that im getting this method does infact still work. I dont think its a dupe per say but rather the car should be showing in mor's and spamming X / A unlocks it. As its not actually you calling your mechanic but rather using the request personal vehicle function i dont this has been effected by his departure.

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

I've just done it, but it didn't work for me before trying several times.

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

I just tried this (the missing car was in slot 7) and it didn't work for me. The car I destroyed was in slot 3 though, which led me to wonder, does the car you destroy to get it back have to be in a higher slot than the car you lost (ie in my case slot 8+)? Or am I likely doing something wrong?

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

I dont think so but it might be worth a try. It took me a few attempts to get it working the first time it happened. All's i can suggest is follow the instructions that i have laid out to the letter and it should pop up for you. Dont over press the X / A button after the call has ended and like i mention keep ypur inventory window open after pressing request personal vehicle.

Good luck

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

This didn't work for me.

Hm, same here.

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

Lost my Asea again last night - Didn't get chance to test this to make certain it still works for myself but it will be attempting to get it back today when I get home from work. If I manage to do it successfully then you guys may be doing something slightly wrong.

I will get back to you and let you know the situation

RapeNSmileJay
  • RapeNSmileJay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

This totally works I just got my Futo back <3 while calling tap X as fast as you can! For some reason it deducted $112 bucks from my account but whatever. Made sure I got insurance again though!

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Glad it worked for you :-) im going to see if there are any steps people may be making wrong to not get the car back. Worked first time for me when i lost my asea the first time but not done it since pre 1.10

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by M3mn0ch_1987, 20 February 2014 - 04:57 PM.

Still works absolutely fine. I got it on my first attempt. Please follow these steps to the letter!!!

As I mentioned this is NOT just with slot 1 cars and can be used for any car that is still appearing in your list of vehicles from your mechanic.

2. Destroy this vehicle.

Mr Baker could you please update the OP with my steps as Op has not been around to do so?

Pirnuy
  • Pirnuy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Still works absolutely fine. I got it on my first attempt. Please follow these steps to the letter!!!

As I mentioned this is NOT just with slot 1 cars and can be used for any car that is still appearing in your list of vehicles from your mechanic.

2. Destroy this vehicle.

Mr Baker could you please update the OP with my steps as Op has not been around to do so?

Does this only work when it's your last used car? I lost an upgraded sultan RS, but when I do this trick I keep getting my Sandking SWB delivered, do I just need to try more?

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

Nah it definately doesnt have to be the last car you used buddy. I left my asea destroyed for days the last time it got destroyed and used plenty of different cars. The only condition is it has to still be in your mechanics list as being destroyed.

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:11 AM

It's patched now. This thread should be unpinned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users