Photo

If you've been affected by the permanent car loss read here

133 replies to this topic
TeddyWinklez
  • TeddyWinklez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

It does work. I was able to get my "destroyed" buffalo back after doing so.

J_L_K_64
  • J_L_K_64

NOT a Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

not working for me, someone blew my PV up that i know for a fact was insured and it just sits listed as destroyed.

This does not work. Idk if it is the new update or what, because I have tried it 3 times.

it does work, but you have to have a few parameters correct

first off, do not be too close to your garage/house, or too close to the mmi place where your vehicle would come from

secondly timing is pretty important, as soon as you hit call mmi, start repeatedly pressing x(ps3)/a(360) then right after it says that it's at the place, press and hold select(ps3)/back(360) and at the bottom, retrieve vehicle

if you press select/back more than once it will not work, you have to press it ONCE and hold it RIGHT after you get the message about your vehicle being at mmi hq

most importantly you have to be on/extremely close to a decent paved road for the mechanic

• elless777 likes this

usefulidiot01
  • usefulidiot01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Does not work. Someone got a video doing this?

• elless777 likes this

elless777
  • elless777

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Thanks OP and

J_L_K_64.

got my bati back. Nice one.

• J_L_K_64 likes this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by gear999, 20 January 2014 - 09:02 PM.

The title reminds me of those law firm commercials that say if you've been affected by fraud call this number...
  • J_L_K_64 likes this

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

UNACCEPTABLE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

this sh*t DOESNT WORK. now instead of having my scwartzer hopelessly screwed, ive lost my coquette to this stupid crap too.

• paulmgrath likes this

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

this sh*t DOESNT WORK. now instead of having my scwartzer hopelessly screwed, ive lost my coquette to this stupid crap too.

For me it worked pretty good, but how did you lose your Coquette ? Did the coquette was insured or you were affected again by this bug ?

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

UNACCEPTABLE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

For me it worked pretty good, but how did you lose your Coquette ? Did the coquette was insured or you were affected again by this bug ?

my insured coquette is stuck in limbo with the car i was trying to retrieve.

dubstheshiz
  • dubstheshiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

I've tried a dozen times to get my infernus back and no matter what I do it just wouldn't work until I tried calling already in a vehicle. My mechanic rolled up in the infernus instead of the car I had just destroyed. Thanks for the post.

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

Worked for me, thanks OP, got my sabre turbo back first try!

GEARHRT
  • GEARHRT

red light

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:27 AM

works!

for anyone who needs clearer instruction..

- destroy another PV (not a moto)

- call MMI...

- as you are calling, spam a/x (whether you are supposed to pay for & retrieve the recently destroyed vehicle or not i'm not sure- i DID pay the insurance which left a PV at the MMI building ((and this worked))) then...

- go to Inventory menu and 'Request Personal Vehicle' 

my limboed lambo came back from the depths.

thanks.

Iceman918
  • Iceman918

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Did this not work for me because I didn't lose the car in slot #1.... I have now lost Sentinel Convertible 3 times (Slot #1), Tailgater once (Front right), and now my 9F (Back right)!

The OP advice gets me the car from slot 1 delivered, which I don't need.

Herne
  • Herne

Coffee Fiend

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

I had this issue, lost a Cheetah weeks ago which was in position 1. I since accidentally replaced it by driving a landstalker in, then decided as I'd done that I might as well buy a Bati which went into position 1.

Last night I checked my Bati and found it was uninsured so took it to LSC to re-insure.

Later on I found this thread so took another vehicle, destroyed it and tried this trick. My Bati, despite not being destroyed or being my last active vehicle was delivered. I guess I've over-written my Cheetah for good now.

Two days ago I put in a second ticket on R* support and have finally received a very detailed response asking for certain details and have replied with even more detail, including this thread (apologies if they block the method because of me).

TL;DR: It sounds like they're maybe getting on to this now. Fingers crossed!

Sned
  • Sned

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Okay so I had a vehicle that showed up as destroyed but didn't show up with MMI to make a claim. I've had the vehicle for a while, it's not the first time it was destroyed and repaired but this last time, I has just moved to a new apartment. I committed suicide with a grenade to end a mission and i was close enough to my car that it took it out too. As the "failed" coming on I saw a message about my car not being insured (I couldn't read it all because the mission was ending). Soooo yea. Apparently the car has uninsured itself and now it's not in either the mechanic menu or MMI. Will this trick work? Or do you guys think I'm dealing with a different bug?

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

Exactly same as guy above i drove my primo into a gas cylinder for lols, i wasnt laughing when i got that message though!
  • theGTAking101 likes this

diggernicks
  • diggernicks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Some clown (literally) just blew up my adder and it says it was not insured but it was!  It had been destroyed and a claim filed many times!  I tried this method a few times but it wont work, what do I do?

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Some clown (literally) just blew up my adder and it says it was not insured but it was!  It had been destroyed and a claim filed many times!  I tried this method a few times but it wont work, what do I do?

Off topic but, your username...
I see what you did...

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

Did it, it works ! car 4 had destroyed glitch took out car 9 it worked. Thanks! ALL HAIL OP

RossCA
  • RossCA

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

I'm glad its working for a lot of you, but it won't work for me and I've closely fallowed everyone's tips in this thread. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

Fleabass1
  • Fleabass1

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:53 PM Edited by Fleabass1, 23 January 2014 - 01:53 PM.

IT WORKS!!!

My Elegy has been missing for days & I just got it back.

The first time i tried it didn't work (forgot to spam the button)

The next time I called MMI I just kept spamming the button to get the destroyed vehicle back, then I held select down 

and once the menu popped up I tapped UP on the directional pad 5x to get to request vehicle and then hit the button to request it and my

mechanic brang my Elegy back! (of course he had to go on a detour around the block first for some crazy reason......)

MKYR
  • MKYR

Rockford Hills $quad

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

I think this only works for slot 1 cars. I blew up a car, spammed X, said i paid 1125 (the sabre i blew up is 187).I hit request and it brings me my slot one car, which is a Baller that wasn't even destroyed but yet i payed for insurance for it. 

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 24 January 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Op deserves a award!

FLTroopaNinja
  • FLTroopaNinja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

MMI still doesnt pick up the phone could some please explain this method in depth 

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

Didn't work for me (of course). Did everything mentioned in the OP about 4 times, but 'destroyed' Buffalo never appeared... :(

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Worked for me holding X (PS3) just after pressing to call MMI.

BandF
  • BandF

Off Road

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Thanks to OP worked a treat. Stole a random car and drove about 6 blocks from garage, called mechanic and got one of my vehicles delivered then sticky bombed that. Called MMI and kept pressing X and I heard nothing but had the message saying Car is at depot, didn't know if it was for lost car or car just destroyed so called MMI again normally and they answered and my car that I Sticky Bombed was there and I paid and that went to my garage. Stole a random and drove to MMI and there was my lost Car Happy Days :lol:

og667
  • og667

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

OP, you are a LEGEND! This worked perfectly for me. I gave up on Rockstar Support a week ago. Many thanks!

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:21 PM Edited by sSphInXx, 27 January 2014 - 02:30 PM.

YES GOT IT!!!

Thanks man! 

It seems to be every car in that number one spot in the garage wtf

Also, make sure to buy insurance for the vehicle if it hasn't got it. Mine was showing uninsured after I got it delivered.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

LOL

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

How much is the Z-Type to re-insure?

Mine lost it's insurance, but I never lost the car thankfully.

2muchtime
  • 2muchtime

VP of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

works!

for anyone who needs clearer instruction..

- destroy another PV (not a moto)

- call MMI...

- as you are calling, spam a/x (whether you are supposed to pay for & retrieve the recently destroyed vehicle or not i'm not sure- i DID pay the insurance which left a PV at the MMI building ((and this worked))) then...

- go to Inventory menu and 'Request Personal Vehicle' 

my limboed lambo came back from the depths.

thanks.

Wow!   Thanks for that, obviously thanks to OP too.

It DOES work.        My advice is to go into a private session for this, else you could be driving a million dollar car to pay n spray without insurance. It will be uninsured, don't forget that final step.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users