Photo

MORE APARTMENTS!?

41 replies to this topic
ItzLamz
  • ItzLamz

LondonBoi

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Am I the only person who thinks there should be more apartments in GTAO? I want a house up in the country but... there's NONE!

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by Mr.Faustin, 18 January 2014 - 09:51 PM.

A buyable trailer out in Blaine County would be cool.

• ChrilLe likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

My biggest wishes.

• Add properties to Blaine Country.
  • Become a redneck/hillbilly (what ever).
  • Add animals and wild life.
  • Make roadkills and eat the loot.
  • theNGclan, Mr.Faustin and Murder Merlot like this

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:53 PM Edited by Murder Merlot, 18 January 2014 - 09:55 PM.

More properties (houses, not apartments) and customizable interiors.0_0.jpg

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

I would rather see some additions for the interior rather than more apartments themselves. However an actual "house/mansion" idea is intriguing.

Other than that, the ability to purchase a secondary garage is key to me.

• tjor24 likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

would be nice if there was houses, not just apartments. 

• Soulchild likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

would be nice if there was houses, not just apartments. 

I agree.

836205255_1378640696.jpg

• Soulchild likes this

ultim84
  • ultim84

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Now that the glitched money is mostly gone, added to the fact that a lot of players already own pretty much everything there is to own in the game, it would be a great enticement to add  the possibility to buy a mansion in Vinewood Hills with a 10M$ price tag.

JC'
  • JC'

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

More stuff to do inside of the apartments/houses too.

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

It would be strange if they did add houses with one unit. Because then you risk several players own the same house in a Free Roam session. Therefore it is better with apartments in a block, since you can then think they just own an similar apartment somewhere else in the same block, but share the main entrance.

I hope they never add houses in GTAO with one unit. 

djdest
  • djdest

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Id love a nuclear bunker type set-up underground in the hills with a couple of entry/exit points

• tjor24 and Canibitch like this

----------------------
  • ----------------------

Man With No Name

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

I wish they would add in apartments that ain't in Los Santos; I'd love to own a place in Poleto Bay.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

It would be strange if they did add houses with one unit. Because then you risk several players own the same house in a Free Roam session. Therefore it is better with apartments in a block, since you can then think they just own an similar apartment somewhere else in the same block, but share the main entrance.

I hope they never add houses in GTAO with one unit. 

Well, countless people own Eclipse. It would at least be an interesting dynamic - prime location, a "mansion" + 2 car garage with it.

There are quite a large number of "mansions" around Michael's home stretching up to Madrazo's as well as some on the west coast (Psychiatrist).

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Be more exact: more apartments and garages 'at the same time.'

AlecStewartOBE
  • AlecStewartOBE

The Gaffer

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

They will be releasing these, lads, but its going to cost you real life money to get them.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:22 PM Edited by iFight, 18 January 2014 - 10:25 PM.

Same argument again boring...Who doesn't want new apartments? I'd like to see 2 houses in Sandy Shore and 2 near the beach.

We want to own more than 1 apartment, plus 30 garages. That would be awesome.

policia32
  • policia32

Rat

• Members
  • Rwanda

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

I'd like a place right on the beach in Pacific Bluffs or Chumash.

Also the ability to own a house and a garage separately.  10 spots just isn't enough.

djdest
  • djdest

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

If you want to get even more ambitious, how about having half a dozen house designs that you can choose from (different price ranges/house sizes) and the ability to place them anywhere on the map (obviously it would have to be a flat/clear area)

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

I'd want a house in Chumash with stairs down to the water. Or to have the apartment next to the harbor be a 10-car/high end w/water view instead of a 6 car. Having rentable hotel rooms (everything from a fleabag motel to a 5-star penthouse) would be interesting, too. 

bootswitdafur
  • bootswitdafur

They should all be destroyed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

I too got bored with the kill em all rat race that is downtown. Traded my mid grade apartment for garage near zacoundo. Its really like a new game when Iog on. I change clothes at the store, I have no desire to invite strippers or players, its so isolated on route 68 I love it. No douchebags waiting to kill me,and its like my own personal LSC up north!

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Yep, you're the only one who thought about this. Out of the millions of players online, you're the only one who came up with this brilliant idea ^^

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

I want houses instead.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

I want a house in the hood on Grove st.
So when y'all come to f*ck with me the Ballas shoot yo ass up!
Those f*ckers spawn like mad!! ;)
  • The real coast guard likes this

Special Agent 25
  • Special Agent 25

Formerly L5B4LiF3

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

forget adding new apartments, add a feature where you can own more than one apartment but no more than 3. 

or add a 15-20 car garage apartment, theres just too many good cars to just have 10.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

While new items couldn't hurt, apartments are not the most important thing they should focus on. How much time does anyone actually spend in them doing nothing? I keep spawn on last location and call for a car. The gimmick of new apartments would spread the already low player number out more. When I join a freemode, if there are only a few players in the city, I find a new session because I'm looking for action. Point is, I hope they are putting resources on other things.
  • bootswitdafur likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

I would like a cardboard condominium, under the freeway, behind the strip club in strawberry, and a moonshine still to go with it. Matte Black shopping cart with battery operated xenon lights, and I'd be set.

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Chrome rim paint, custom exhaust that doesn't backfire. 10 cars is plenty for me.

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

I don't know what's the obsession with houses and apartments, I mean sure they're fun and a nice addition but we rarely spent most of the time there, I traded my apartment for a 10 car garage since I find it useless. What they should do is add more garage slots and and the Pegasus vehicles should actually be delivered to you instead of picking them up all the time but it'd be a nice addition if they add houses/apartment across Blaine county :)
  • TimelyMeerkat likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Am I the only person who thinks there should be more apartments in GTAO? I want a house up in the country but... there's NONE!

R* has given me the biggest edema up the @$$ with the lack of safe houses online to date.  Don't get me started on another wall to wall post on this topic...... :miranda:

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

Having rentable hotel rooms (everything from a fleabag motel to a 5-star penthouse) would be interesting, too. 

This is probably the best thing we'll get out in Blaine County. There's a motel in Paleto Bay and Sandy Shores(I haven't looked around Grapeseed yet) that would work.

Take the motel room interior used in the Jack Howitzer TV show, remove any things that wouldn't make sense outside of it being Howitzer's place(jars of urine, dead hooker, etc.) and add in any needed collision meshes, a working mini fridge(would work like the bottle of whiskey in that your character opens up the mini fridge, grabs a beer, and drinks it. Your character would then close the door when they were done), possibly a usable meth pipe or something similar, a working TV, and a land line phone in the room.

Have the entrance to the motel room/apartment be at the front office. You walk into the front office, camera pans upwards, and your character spawns into the motel room. Exiting the room on foot just spawns you outside, near the front office.

My main concern with motels as safehouses is the way vehicles would be handled, since there's no attached garage or anything with most of them. This is the best I could come up with:

In order to store your vehicle, you would park in a designated parking place. The entering animation would show your character exiting the vehicle and then tossing the keys to a valet as they walk away. The player would then have to manually walk to the front office as the valet drove their car away(the car would just drive around the map until out of sight of any players, and despawn. Killing the valet would lock the personal vehicle to anybody, and destroying the vehicle would not make the owner call MMI).

To get another vehicle out, your character would call up their mechanic on the land line phone in the room. This would work just like calling your mechanic out in the world works; you're presented with a list of vehicles and select one. Your character's personal vehicle would be parked on the side of the road or in a parking spot. To those outside the motel room watching, they would see a mechanic drive up, park the vehicle, and exit. This vehicle would be locked depending on your settings in the Quick Menu.

This update could come with some extra 'redneck' clothing and haircuts, like what you see the pedestrians in Sandy Shores wearing, and celebrated with a R* Event Weekend playlist of races and deathmatches taking place in Blaine County.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users