I can't join a session or a mission since the last maintenance

9 replies to this topic
Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

I really have no idea why this is happening. I think I did join a solo session once or twice after the last update, played for a little bit alone but I couldn't join a mission or a public lobby. Now I can't even join a solo session anymore.

Already checked my connection and everything is working fine. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

LostJak
  • LostJak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:40 PM Edited by LostJak, 19 January 2014 - 01:19 AM.

I am having exactly the same problem. After this maintenance, I was able to play for a couple hours, but not to join a job. Then, everytime I tried entering my garage or my apartment, the game would froze with the camera focused on the building, or on the garage gate, depending on where I was trying to have access.

Noticing that, I changed my respawn location to my apartment, and tried to go to a new session. It worked. I spawned on my apartment. But there was no more exit door (the one that you use to leave your apartment or go to your garage). Just gone. I could even go through the hole on the wall, walk by the corridor and go into the elevator that, obviously, wouldn't move.

And this is where it ended. Now, everytime I try to connect to GTA Online, it will load forever, and then time out. It won't connect for sh*t. My other character, that is lvl 6 (95lvls below my first character) connects fine. So I don't know what the f*ck is going on. And there is nothing I am aware I can do about it.

_____

Edit: Well, I figured out a temporary solution. And it really is temporary.

I went to GTA V singleplayer and asked for a friend to invite me to a simple job like golf. Then, after accepting it, I was able to join the lobby, because it made me spawn in front of the golf field, and not inside my f*cked up apartment. I played 1 hole, and after the job was finished, I respawned in front of the golf field. Done that, I changed my respawn location to "last location" instead of "f*cked up property", and now I can join sessions again.

But, I can't host jobs, I can't join jobs (like missions, dms and races), I can't access my f*cking property/garage, I can't even use the Content Creator because it will freeze too. In other words, I can't do sh*t after this maintenance. Well, at least I can walk with my virtual dog in the freemode.

Oh yeah, they wiped out all the f*cking animals in GTA Online too.

• Eagles likes this

MuriloBFS
  • MuriloBFS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

Yeah, my girlfriend is facing the same problem after the maintenance. I however, am not facing any of this issues. We pretty much played together all the time in GTA Online. We're playing on the PS3.

The golf thing worked, though she cannot join a job or anything like that. :/

Does anyone has a fix for this?

SaraBRA_FOR_CE
  • SaraBRA_FOR_CE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Ta foda, nao consigo realizar nenhuma missão ou qualquer serviço da rockstar. Criei uma conta nova na psn e nada... até o mapa ta travando na tela. Nao consigo fazer nada e fico assim com o nivel e a grana paradi sem poder ganhar xp. Espero que a rockstar resolva isso logo pois ja estou a quase uma semana assim e acho isso uma falta de consideração.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

Ta foda, nao consigo realizar nenhuma missão ou qualquer serviço da rockstar. Criei uma conta nova na psn e nada... até o mapa ta travando na tela. Nao consigo fazer nada e fico assim com o nivel e a grana paradi sem poder ganhar xp. Espero que a rockstar resolva isso logo pois ja estou a quase uma semana assim e acho isso uma falta de consideração.

Cara, esse forum eh gringo, nego não vai entender o q tu ta falando aqui nao. 

Yeah, so I sent them this:

Hi.

Since the last maintenance period I've been having some problems accessing GTA Online with my main character and with Social Club.

After the servers came back online after the maintenance I was able to play the game for a while but I couldn't join any mission. Then, for some reason, the game pushed me back to singleplayer. I tried to reconnect to an online public server unsuccessfully. Then I created a solo session and it worked, but I was still unable to host or join a job. Now, every time I try to connect to a server with my main level 78 character I get disconnected or stuck in the blurred screen.
Someone in GTAForums told me to try to play with my second character and it partially worked. I can join a lobby but can't host or join a lobby.
I have no idea what to do to fix this. I tried everything related to my connection but nothing helped.
Also, now that I've switched to my second character, whenever I access the online character selection screen the stats for my first character are all very low, like they were in the beginning back when I was level 1.

Now related to the Social Club problem I'm facing: for some reason, also after the maintenance, I'm having problems accessing the Snapmatic page. The photos just don't load. The emblems for the crews are also not loading. The support page (the one I'm using right now) is also not loading properly. There's only text and boxes, but the normal images that are loaded in every single site are not loading in this one. I can still access the main rockstargames.com though.
At first I thought that it was something related to my computer, but then I tried it in another laptop we have and the same happened. I even tried it on my phone and I faced the same problems. Snapmatic photos and crew emblems are not loading and this support page is not loading properly. 

I don't believe it's related to my connection because every other site loads fine and I can still play any other game online fine too.

Just a last thing: I tried to use the iFruit app on my Moto X and it didn't load properly. I tried connecting it to Social Club and it failed, using a 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi connection.

Thank you in advance.

SaraBRA_FOR_CE
  • SaraBRA_FOR_CE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

Cara, esse forum eh gringo, nego não vai entender o q tu ta falando aqui nao. 

Yeah, so I sent them this:

Hi.

Since the last maintenance period I've been having some problems accessing GTA Online with my main character and with Social Club.

After the servers came back online after the maintenance I was able to play the game for a while but I couldn't join any mission. Then, for some reason, the game pushed me back to singleplayer. I tried to reconnect to an online public server unsuccessfully. Then I created a solo session and it worked, but I was still unable to host or join a job. Now, every time I try to connect to a server with my main level 78 character I get disconnected or stuck in the blurred screen.
Someone in GTAForums told me to try to play with my second character and it partially worked. I can join a lobby but can't host or join a lobby.
I have no idea what to do to fix this. I tried everything related to my connection but nothing helped.
Also, now that I've switched to my second character, whenever I access the online character selection screen the stats for my first character are all very low, like they were in the beginning back when I was level 1.

Now related to the Social Club problem I'm facing: for some reason, also after the maintenance, I'm having problems accessing the Snapmatic page. The photos just don't load. The emblems for the crews are also not loading. The support page (the one I'm using right now) is also not loading properly. There's only text and boxes, but the normal images that are loaded in every single site are not loading in this one. I can still access the main rockstargames.com though.
At first I thought that it was something related to my computer, but then I tried it in another laptop we have and the same happened. I even tried it on my phone and I faced the same problems. Snapmatic photos and crew emblems are not loading and this support page is not loading properly. 

I don't believe it's related to my connection because every other site loads fine and I can still play any other game online fine too.

Just a last thing: I tried to use the iFruit app on my Moto X and it didn't load properly. I tried connecting it to Social Club and it failed, using a 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi connection.

Thank you in advance.

Ja vi brasileiros aqui. E um amigo meu reclamou aqui em portugues e consertaram

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

I am having exactly the same problem. After this maintenance, I was able to play for a couple hours, but not to join a job. Then, everytime I tried entering my garage or my apartment, the game would froze with the camera focused on the building, or on the garage gate, depending on where I was trying to have access.

Noticing that, I changed my respawn location to my apartment, and tried to go to a new session. It worked. I spawned on my apartment. But there was no more exit door (the one that you use to leave your apartment or go to your garage). Just gone. I could even go through the hole on the wall, walk by the corridor and go into the elevator that, obviously, wouldn't move.

And this is where it ended. Now, everytime I try to connect to GTA Online, it will load forever, and then time out. It won't connect for sh*t. My other character, that is lvl 6 (95lvls below my first character) connects fine. So I don't know what the f*ck is going on. And there is nothing I am aware I can do about it.

_____
Edit: Well, I figured out a temporary solution. And it really is temporary.
I went to GTA V singleplayer and asked for a friend to invite me to a simple job like golf. Then, after accepting it, I was able to join the lobby, because it made me spawn in front of the golf field, and not inside my f*cked up apartment. I played 1 hole, and after the job was finished, I respawned in front of the golf field. Done that, I changed my respawn location to "last location" instead of "f*cked up property", and now I can join sessions again.

But, I can't host jobs, I can't join jobs (like missions, dms and races), I can't access my f*cking property/garage, I can't even use the Content Creator because it will freeze too. In other words, I can't do sh*t after this maintenance. Well, at least I can walk with my virtual dog in the freemode.

Oh yeah, they wiped out all the f*cking animals in GTA Online too.

OMG this and more is happening to me.

Loading so freeze, playing 30 minutes of SP freeze, loading or joining online freeze, same with MP

Or I get on for 1-30 minutes of online(if in REALLY LUCKY) I'll get UNKNOWN connection error.

Is there a way to fix this?

I tried deleting the parches and reinstalling them, nothing.
Tried resetting router, nothing.

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

No body can help me with this? Any ideas?

This is the 1st thread close to anything you I'm experiencing.

I've already made to threads awhile back, and no one has ever answered in either of them.

I have not been able to play online for the last to days. That's how bad it is.

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

Still no ideas?

Wow third time I've asked about this.

Every one must hate me on here.

Still can't play tried 10 times. First three attempts ended up in the infinite loading screen with the pics of characters. And they just stop moving and loading for ever.

The rest were timid out from trying to join online from story mode.

dubstheshiz
  • dubstheshiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

I'm like you. I try getting into public online sessions about 7-8 times before it'll eventually let me into a session that I'm by myself in. I'll get 4 unknown network errors and 3-4 timed out loading session errors. I've noticed too that after a few attempts when it drops me back to Michael the whole map will load 1 piece at a time I'll magically appear in my car or at lunch with his wife whom he'll kiss before she ever even loads up. I can create solo, crew, friend, invite only sessions almost immediately but the public ones won't hardly work at all. I went to a friends last night and he loaded up his 79 lvl into a public session and got on 1st try. We have same apartment in game and we even have the same internet provider with the same tier of service. I was a bad boy a few times and tried out the DNS servers a few patches ago I never shared $ tho, and they left me with 50k and almost no chance of playing online. If I was banned I wish they would just say so but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm constantly getting good sport rewards online when I do get on so I'm not a bad sport or anything. I can ghosts fine online so its not my connection either.
Also I've noticed too that I can get in free mode usually after a friend invites me to something first. Even then sometimes I'll be driving around and the game will freeze for up to a min or two then resume as if nothing happened. I've had the unknown network error happen while I'm in free mode every now & again too. Never had these issues before patch 1.07 since then its been more and more frequent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users