Photo

The Body Armour Option Is Nice But...

36 replies to this topic
MashterChief117
  • MashterChief117

Last, Best Hope For Humanity

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

I want more clothing options that incorporate military vests, holsters, goggles etc. because I didn't mind it at first going to interrupt a drug deal for Gerald in just a T-Shirt and Cargos but now when I'm going up against the likes of merryweather in missions I want to look geared up and ready to fight, even a backpack option would be nice seeing as the only "backpack" you can wear is the parachute, it would give a reason why you can carry a ton of ammo and explosives.

I remember before the beach bum dlc I heard a rumour about having wetsuits included and I thought "well if there's a black/grey one I could strap on the body armour and mimic the spec ops outfit that Michael has.

anyone else want more "tactical" outfits with holsters, vests and the like?

• RogueStatus, Valdorien, PerceusSOZ and 6 others like this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

My only problem with it is that it automatically switches to super heavy armour every time you buy one. It should just stay at whatever you set it as with the same amount of protection still. I only wear outfits that look good with the desert camo armour because I can't be bothered to switch it back every time.

• MantisFang likes this

MashterChief117
  • MashterChief117

Last, Best Hope For Humanity

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

yeah, I like the standard armour (black) and it did bug me for a while but then I just went with it

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Some military-esque clothing would be nice, actually. I used to always wear bulletproof vests because it made it look somewhat more realistic that my character could take multiple shots and keep moving, but it got kind of lame after a while.

I'd love to see something like Franklin's stealth outfit. Black buttondown, ski mask, black cargos, black shoes.

My only problem with it is that it automatically switches to super heavy armour every time you buy one. It should just stay at whatever you set it as with the same amount of protection still. I only wear outfits that look good with the desert camo armour because I can't be bothered to switch it back every time.

The ability to 'set' your body armor type in the same way you set your motorcycle helmet would be incredibly helpful.

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

We should be able to buy some protective headgear so you can survive a headshot or two.

robotron2000
  • robotron2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

I wish body armour didn't remove your dookie chain when equipped. How am I supposed to represent without it?

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

I don't even bother with armor other than aesthetics. In IV you were toast if you came up with someone who had armor on and you didn't which made it one of the first pickups I would grab upon respawning...in V it's simply useless...One of my biggest issues with the armor is it takes damage from falls...smdh.

• Magick, Terrazi Terrajin, UchihaRingo and 3 others like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

i hate how the body armor stays on after a match despite it being depleted

• Kracus likes this

ojo
  • ojo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

body armor in this version is a joke. one shot...poof it's gone.

• Qutan likes this

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I  do wish there military type outfits and such. That being said I also find armor to be worthless in this game. I still almost always lose against other players. Doesn't help that I suck at shooting moving targets in this game, lol.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

You do know after equipping armor goto inventory and remove it. Now you don't see it and you still have it on. 

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

the whole wardrobe thing needs reworked its terrible to begin with but OP i dont see why u care it dont affect your actual gameplay

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:39 PM Edited by CenMan, 18 January 2014 - 08:37 PM.

Some military-esque clothing would be nice, actually. I used to always wear bulletproof vests because it made it look somewhat more realistic that my character could take multiple shots and keep moving, but it got kind of lame after a while.

I'd love to see something like Franklin's stealth outfit. Black buttondown, ski mask, black cargos, black shoes.

The ability to 'set' your body armor type in the same way you set your motorcycle helmet would be incredibly helpful.

Oh yeah, I have no idea how the helmet system works. It seems to me like he just puts on a random one, because often times he'll wear one that I've never selected.

edit: wait, I misread. You know how to do this?

You do know after equipping armor goto inventory and remove it. Now you don't see it and you still have it on. 

Until you buy armor again, which for me is at the start of every mission.

the whole wardrobe thing needs reworked its terrible to begin with but OP i dont see why u care it dont affect your actual gameplay

Might as well remove all modification options then, if they don't affect your actual gameplay. But for me this is the best part of GTA, to personalize your cars and character.

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Anyone  matched B.A with clothing yet? 

I wish it would get shot off or something. 

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

We should be able to buy some protective headgear so you can survive a headshot or two.

Motorcycle helmets you character puts on himself (not ones put on through the inventory menu) will allow you to survive a headshot.

Not the same because it's forcefully removed. Bu there's already something that does.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

I wish it was under the shirt and not on top of it.  Would make the clothing look better in my opinion.

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

I wish armor would actually be useful. Alongside other game mechanics.

Also, cash cards.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

It's actually quite tricky for rockstar because they want there to be variety in what people actually wear. This is the reason stuff like this has been left out I think - you'd end up with 16 in a session all wearing the same thing.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

It's actually quite tricky for rockstar because they want there to be variety in what people actually wear. This is the reason stuff like this has been left out I think - you'd end up with 16 in a session all wearing the same thing.

Well, if one outfit is clearly much cooler than another then yes. I mean if they added a full blown SWAT costume right now everybody would be wearing that. But if you added that, plus a whole bunch of other tactical/military outfits, plus a lot of other styles of clothes like motorcycle vests, bandanas, high socks, goth/emo stuff, funky clothes, maybe even cowboy clothes, etc. then people probably wouldn't all wear the same stuff.

You're right in saying that the current system gives us a lot of variety in what people wear, in some sense. But it could also be argued that it does all fit in the realm of pretty normal clothes. I rarely see a character that really looks unique and stands out because it's mostly just stuff that people would wear in real life.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Gun holsters would be epic, remember the one that Vagos member has in one of Trevor's rampage missions and he uses it to carry his Mini-Uzi? Awesomeness.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

GTA:O -Crysis DLC

Crynet_nanosuit.jpg

• Thespaz9 likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

Stop wearing body armor and start buying candy.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 20 January 2014 - 01:07 PM.

Just be better at the game.  It's your fault if you get shot.  You should use free aim and stop being a bullseye for pussies.  Free aim is for people who actually play real games, and not pacman.

• watchclock likes this

Vicarious Mind
  • Vicarious Mind

Gun Runner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

I don't even buy it anymore its a waste of money honestly

snake83
  • snake83

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

I have started to not bother with armor. I am going to die anyway so may as well get on with it. Plus, as said above, its annoying when it stays on you once you are dead and you can't keep it turned off.

I would like more military gear, and holsters like in Max Payne 3. Maybe something you had to achieve and not just buy so less people would have them. It needs more clothing options in general too.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

1. Buy body armour at the start of a mission

2. Crash your car en route to the objective

3. ????

4. Body armour is gone (no profit)

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Well, if one outfit is clearly much cooler than another then yes. I mean if they added a full blown SWAT costume right now everybody would be wearing that. But if you added that, plus a whole bunch of other tactical/military outfits, plus a lot of other styles of clothes like motorcycle vests, bandanas, high socks, goth/emo stuff, funky clothes, maybe even cowboy clothes, etc. then people probably wouldn't all wear the same stuff.
You're right in saying that the current system gives us a lot of variety in what people wear, in some sense. But it could also be argued that it does all fit in the realm of pretty normal clothes. I rarely see a character that really looks unique and stands out because it's mostly just stuff that people would wear in real life.

I agree with that. I guess the issue for rockstar becomes a trade-off in how many items they include to get variety, and how cool that stuff is. I suppose they have the same problem with cars - but there they could balance it with functional differences - so if the infernus /adder / entity all performed the same most would probably choose infernus because of its looks, but they've balanced the different cars performances so you get variety. It tricky to do that with clothes without just adding lots more stuff - I hope they don't have memory issues and do add more.

Another possibility would be giving option to change colour of generic clothes, but then again, how many people would then have all black?
  • Kampioen likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

I don't even buy it anymore its a waste of money honestly

I almost never do any more either.

It should be much more resistant, but should only work where the body armour is on the character model.

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

I don't buy it anymore either, although, I have to sometimes on my lower ranked character since the amount of health they have is ridiculously low compared to my main.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

I wish body armour didn't remove your dookie chain when equipped. How am I supposed to represent without it?

"You gonna hang with me you gotta represent-ate yourself."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users