Quantcast

» «
Photo

Convince me to buy your favourite Sports Classic.

123 replies to this topic
SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 19 January 2014 - 05:07 AM.

I have a topless Stinger. It's a classic which has been in GTA since number one. The GTA wiki says it is inspired by the 1967 Stingray Corvette, which is the reason I chose it to go with my modern Coquette. It's not very fast and handles like sh*t, but it's nice to have a classic to cruise in.

I replaced the Adder with this car.

GTA wiki is wrong. the Stinger is based on the 61 Ferrari 250 GT california as seen in ferris bueller's day off like i posted on page 1. the front end might have a hint of early C3 vette in it but the headlights, taillights and side profile are clearly that of the ferrari californa. 

Tell that to the wiki.

Nevermind. I checked, and the original stinger was inspired by the corvette. The GTA 5 version is a hybrid of the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale and the Ferrari Dinos, probably the 206 GT, from the front and the BMW 507 or the AC Cobra from the rear.

http://gta.wikia.com/Stinger

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

image_zpsbbe8f3b2.jpg

image_zps3a76e2c2.jpg

I say go with the Ferrari look alike.
  • blk95ta, Thespaz9 and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:06 AM Edited by Giantsgiants, 19 January 2014 - 05:07 AM.

The Z-Type is the best classic car.

I've seen posts and videos of people testing the Z-Type and Monroe on tracks, and the Z-Type usually has faster times. I've personally had more success in sports classic races with the Z-Type than the Monroe. The Monroe slides too much and is harder to keep under control. I was a magnet for rammers whenever I drove the Monroe. On the other hand, the Z-Type felt more grippy and sturdy. It was harder for people to ram me off the road when I was in a Z-Type, and when they did, it was easier for me to recover. Plus, the Z-Type has better handling and cornering than the Monroe.

Furthermore, the Z-Type can compete with cars in other classes. At a car meet, I drag raced someone in a fully upgraded Coquette with my Z-Type and won.

Go with the Z-Type. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:11 AM Edited by blk95ta, 19 January 2014 - 05:18 AM.

actually gta wiki doesn't mention the Corvette at all. it does mention the ferrari dino, but i think they are a little bit off on their ferrari basis. the side profile looks much more like the ferrari daytona than the dino. It was based on the 63 Corvette Stringray in GTA 1 and the 68 Corvette Stingray in GTA II but it's been ferrari or porsche based since the 3D era appearing as a Miami Vice style 73 Daytona spyder in GTA Vice City/vice city stories, and a boxter in GTA 3 and liberty city stores.. 

Returning to the series in Grand Theft Auto V as the  Grotti Stinger, the car is now a hybrid of the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale and the Ferrari Dinos

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

*snip*

Get this sexy thing!

I hope you don't mind, but I literally copied your car the instant I saw it.  I love the look of that Monroe.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

actually gta wiki doesn't mention the Corvette at all. it does mention the ferrari dino, but i think they are a little bit off on their ferrari basis. the side profile looks much more like the ferrari daytona than the dino

They mention the Corvette for the original stinger from GTA1.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

I've owned them all. 

Convert. Manana or Monroe. JB700 if you're a Bond fan. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:32 AM Edited by blk95ta, 19 January 2014 - 05:33 AM.

actually gta wiki doesn't mention the Corvette at all. it does mention the ferrari dino, but i think they are a little bit off on their ferrari basis. the side profile looks much more like the ferrari daytona than the dino

They mention the Corvette for the original stinger from GTA1.

yeah i went and looked again. i was referring to the 3d/hd era. the GTA 1 stinger was a 63 vette and the GTA 2 one was a 68. After that it was based on porsche, then ferrari.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

It actually says GTA1 was 68 and GTA2 was 63. I just like having a classic, and I think it looks better than the Z-Type.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:36 AM Edited by beat_savy_9, 19 January 2014 - 05:37 AM.

no money down, zero percent financing, certified pre-owned duped 56 t-bird look alike, the scratch was already there.

• Insert-Coin-To-Continue likes this

rawrsnar
  • rawrsnar

Music Snob

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

I had a Monroe on my old account and preferred it to my current Stinger GT. Both are great cars though.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

Another vote for the Monroe it's beautiful and sounds great not to mention it's the fastest sports classic and yes it's faster than the z. Z is over rated and over used imo.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Girls Dead Monster

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

Another vote for the Monroe it's beautiful and sounds great not to mention it's the fastest sports classic and yes it's faster than the z. Z is over rated and over used imo.

All sports classics are underused. 

• Killzone3265 and beat_savy_9 like this

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

I see almost as many Z types as adders honestly. And as for the other ones I rarely ever see the stinger or Monroe I actually beat some adders and entity with Monroe driving back from Sandy shores to do roof top rumble. Was quite satisfying :-)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Girls Dead Monster

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

I see almost as many Z types as adders honestly. And as for the other ones I rarely ever see the stinger or Monroe I actually beat some adders and entity with Monroe driving back from Sandy shores to do roof top rumble. Was quite satisfying :-)

Last time I saw a Z-type I was under level 50.  I'm 135 now.  It was a red ugly one in Sandy Shores.

Afrikas
  • Afrikas

Dick Riding for Obama

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Sticker Car= rare, cool, flamboyant.

Stinger Gt:cool, beautiful, fast, flamboyant, expensive

Monroe= Not flamboyant, uglier, doesn't perform better, and cheap

You would prefer it and diss the stinger gt because you are a huge hipster. You keep all your ugly mananas, schafters, and line your garage up with stupid colors all in the attempt to be a unique individual. Just stop, it's disgusting and reminds me of the dj for radio mirror park.

that and your cars are for broke ass niggas

Stinger GT for the win

Keeps saying he likes flamboyant cars, and keeps calling people and cars fags.

Makes sense.

Holy hypocrite :whuh:

Flamboyant means it attracts attention. It has nothing to do with being gay retard.

Tbh the stinger gt is the best sports classic. Looks the best, expensive, beautiful, fast, handles best(durhur no your 20kph manana does not handle better) etc.

Not geting it is an insult to yourself.

Just wish I had a picture of mine, got my own custom hex edited dark purple on it and looks even more flamboyant than before

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Girls Dead Monster

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Flamboyant means it attracts attention. It has nothing to do with being gay retard.

Tbh the stinger gt is the best sports classic. Looks the best, expensive, beautiful, fast, handles best(durhur no your 20kph manana does not handle better) etc.

Just wish I had a picture of mine, got my own custom hex edited dark purple on it and looks even more flamboyant than before

Flamboyant is heavily used to describe a homosexual male, like yourself.  I have gay friends who use flamboyant all the time.

Might as well use gay instead of happy.  You seem pretty gay to me, which isn't a bad thing, it's just bad that you're so deep in the closet you call everyone fag this, fag that.  But your avatar describes your post quality perfectly, and since the text is cut off, it also shows you're dumb enough that you can't even crop and resize a simple image.

And you also dick ride.

So yeah, you're not helping your case out here.  

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Stinger GT. simply the most beautiful car in the game.

0_0.jpg

this looks great, billy.

the tralfamadorians would approve.
  • billypilgrim69 likes this

Afrikas
  • Afrikas

Dick Riding for Obama

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

huge hate post against me

Here I'll give you the benefit of doubt and just say you are just mad at the moment, maybe you lost your favorite pair of socks. Honestly I could go on about how you're basically just trying to flame me at this point with completely irrelevant and stupid sh*t, but I won't.

Fact is, the stinger gt is the best sports classic, and if you can't argue otherwise without calling me gay then that's cool too.

Have a lolipop to help calm you down k :)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Girls Dead Monster

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

Here I'll give you the benefit of doubt and just say you are just mad at the moment, maybe you lost your favorite pair of socks. Honestly I could go on about how you're basically just trying to flame me at this point with completely irrelevant and stupid sh*t, but I won't.

Fact is, the stinger gt is the best sports classic, and if you can't argue otherwise without calling me gay then that's cool too.

Have a lolipop to help calm you down k :)

I'm not mad at all, haha.

I'm pointing out the facts of you either being too young to play GTAV in the first place or a closeted homosexual.  Irrelevant?  Lol the facts are in all your posts, your avatar, your user title, damn near everything :lol:

And you believe the Stinger GT is the best with the Monroe is factually a better car.

Accept the facts and go back to "itpostin".  Poor parenting seems to be what spawned you.

Afrikas
  • Afrikas

Dick Riding for Obama

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

more flame by you

Stinger Gt: 175mph 0-60 in 5.7

Monroe:165mph 0-60 in 7

Stinger is faster, not to mention better handling.

OP if you can afford it go with the stinger, I've owned both, modded both of them. Gotta say the Stinger is better and looks better too.

inb4 more hatred and flame

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Girls Dead Monster

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

I have no idea what I'm talking about, I think the Adder has better handling than the Entity too.

Damn, you stupid! :turn:

I rest my case.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

DAMNED

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

Buy a faggio, all the real G's do
  • Biohazard Abyss, Killzone3265, Insert-Coin-To-Continue and 1 other like this

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:38 AM Edited by K-lub84, 19 January 2014 - 10:38 AM.

This topic is making me rebuy one of these. Just to make it look just like the movie.

Which is better stinger or gt?

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Virgo

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:07 AM Edited by BondageKitty, 19 January 2014 - 11:07 AM.

ugliest stinger gt ive ever laid eyes on. wtf is up with your choice of rims? 

Off topic but assuming that username is the same I saw on Xbox, I think I remember offering you a helicopter ride. You rewarded my kindness with a bullet. I rewarded yours with a rocket.

Flamboyant is heavily used to describe a homosexual male, like yourself.  I have gay friends who use flamboyant all the time.

Might as well use gay instead of happy.  You seem pretty gay to me, which isn't a bad thing, it's just bad that you're so deep in the closet you call everyone fag this, fag that.  But your avatar describes your post quality perfectly, and since the text is cut off, it also shows you're dumb enough that you can't even crop and resize a simple image.

And you also dick ride.

So yeah, you're not helping your case out here.  
You all keep fighting about flamboyance and all it does is make me wanna see an extremely colorful slim boy walk down a street yelling "Fabulous!".

On topic: Batman owns a Z-Type. That is all.
  • Killzone3265 likes this

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

I think the Monroe is faster than the stinger the stats in game are incorrect

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Girls Dead Monster

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

I think the Monroe is faster than the stinger the stats in game are incorrect

The stats in the game are a joke.

There have been Monroe vs Stinger GT convos on here all the time.  You can like how the Stinger GT looks, but it's a proven FACT the Monroe performs better.

Some people are just too ignorant to understand that.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Oh and bio hazard thanks for the manana and send me a friend request please. :) nice comeback bondage. Add me on Xbox too you can give me a ride I won't shoot and we can all do photo shoots with our classics. My game tag is Vicarious Mind

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

I have owned the

Monroe and the Stinger ........I liked the Monroe just because i liked its looks vs the Stinger ........or maybe i could say it better by saying i thought i was less ugly

I ended up selling both of them, and went with the Z Type ......

It Mods up Great and is a beast in the races .......if you wanna see just fast it is and how well it does, race it with catch up turned off and you will normally leave the competition behind 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Girls Dead Monster

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

I have owned the

Monroe and the Stinger ........I liked the Monroe just because i liked its looks vs the Stinger ........or maybe i could say it better by saying i thought i was less ugly

I ended up selling both of them, and went with the Z Type ......

It Mods up Great and is a beast in the races .......if you wanna see just fast it is and how well it does, race it with catch up turned off and you will normally leave the competition behind 

Z-type is very underrated due to it's mammoth size.  It's pretty funny actually because it has SO much better handling than something like a Rapid GT or a Hotknife, yet you'd think it's just a show car.

I really want mine back.  I wish I would have bought one before Rockstar took all my money away.  It's one classy beast, but I do think the Monroe is all-around better.  I heard a Monroe can even keep up with a Vacca.  I cannot confirm this myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users