0_0.jpg

IRL:

Wheelsfrontbrakes002.jpg

• x_-_Robski_-_x, Vanquished, BrownMattHall and 1 other like this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:50 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 19 January 2014 - 02:55 AM.

There was another thread like this a while back and I made a comment about driving one and finding it lackluster.  I jacked it from NPC near Harmony and didn't mod it... it just felt ordinary and nothing really special. 

But I found another one and decided to mod it to hell.

0_0.jpg

I've had it in my garage ever since and I have to say I really enjoy driving this car..  with the insurance claim around $150 that's a nice bonus and while it's no Adder or Entity it is pretty damned sporty. The way it drifts around corners is really beautiful.

I'd say that I grab this vehicle 65% of the time when I run into my garage.

• MantisFang and x_-_Robski_-_x like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:55 AM Edited by The Angel King, 19 January 2014 - 02:56 AM.

I love my Sultan. It's similar to several already posted:

0_0.jpg

IRL:

Wheelsfrontbrakes002.jpg

Not to be rude, but they are not the same car.....There is no Subaru in the Sultan. If that is your 2.5, that's cool. I love the 2door/22B/STI swap. I will build one soon enough though :D

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:57 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 19 January 2014 - 02:58 AM.

Angel King... what are you talking about the Sultan has always been based off the Subaru WRX... since San Andreas... 

Been my favorite car since GTA San Andreas.... Dont know how many Ballers I killed while driving this thing full of the families... 

0_0.jpg

• x_-_Robski_-_x likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

Angel King... what are you talking about the Sultan has always been based off the Subaru WRX... since San Andreas... 

Been my favorite car since GTA San Andreas.... Dont know how many Ballers I killed while driving this thing full of the families... 

0_0.jpg

It use to be, but not anymore. The Zion and Sentinel are Imprezas(At least the Front end). The front end is nothing like a Subaru at all. The rear end is from a Saab. I think the headlights are EVO or a euro rally car, but can't remember atm. I do know the rally wing on the Sultan IS an EVO wing. There is no Subaru in it. Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. Just a friendly correction. Calling it a Subaru is silly.

marshall87
  • marshall87

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

Wow lot of scooby owners here! I'm tryna make mine look like my rexy but some of the game mods are too extravagant looking.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:46 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 19 January 2014 - 03:47 AM.

The rear end of a Saab? Are you kidding me? this rear Subaru WRX is to the T the rear of a Sultan RS if you choose that spoiler...

76908d1316084231-subaru-wrx-sti-subaru-w

Ill give you the front end of the Evo... they are both Japanese manufactures so it makes sense that they look similar... However I think the Evo is a bit too box like for the Sultan... The lower *modded* bumper gives it more of an Evo look... but stock bumper I think it looks more like a WRX still!. 

Evo front.. 

ings_lncr.jpg

Subaru 

IMG00035-20100817-1251.jpg

2014_subaru_wrx_sti_front_end_view.jpg

Thing is.. in IV it even had the sound of the Impreza engine which is pretty unique in itself. IT is also AWD.. I do not think the EVO or SAAB are AWD

• Sunnycyde likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by The Angel King, 19 January 2014 - 04:05 AM.

The EVO is AWD(Oh P.S. Saab does have AWD cars)......Uhh posting the 04-05 STI rear end......that looks nothing like the Sultan...you may need glasses. The spoiler is an EVO one...look at it.  The Subaru rally wing was put on the Sentinel. The tail lights are from an a Lexas(Toyota Altezza), sorry not a Saab. I was thinking of a Saab that looks like it, but it is the Sentinel that has the true Saab tail lights.The front end is also based on the Lexas IS. Anyways, Sorry if you think the Sultan is a Subaru, but you are dead wrong. Those pictures you posted only prove my point. I am not going to post pictures to show how wrong you guys really are, because I do not want to add unneeded pictures when you can google this in like 10 seconds. 

The wiki says is based on the EVO even. The rear is an EVO with Lexas lights. Ya dig?

Edit: Yes, it was different in previous games. Also, just because it is a 4 door and awd car doesn't mean it is a Subaru. Someone to confuse a Lancer with Subaru stuff should hold his head in shame ;)

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

I don't understand why people rice the sh*t out of it half of the time! People need to use the saying "less is more."
  • Durtywhyteboi88 likes this

collad0
  • collad0

Lurkin n Likin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:52 AM Edited by collad0, 19 January 2014 - 04:53 AM.

Its actually based off a lexus front end with an evo rear

1999_lexus_is_200-pic-547300262362611638

1996_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_gsr-pic

• Blingy, We Are Ninja, The Angel King and 3 others like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

The wiki says is based on the EVO even. The rear is an EVO with Lexas lights. Ya dig?

I dig, the Sultan really is a slut when it comes to what's mixed in with it.

Just looking at it in-game, you can see there's not much Scooby in her.

And Acky, not everyone's a ricer :p

Wheels, dark paintjob and a wing is keeping it pretty simple.

• The Angel King likes this

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

You don't have enough badges to train me

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

The EVO is AWD(Oh P.S. Saab does have AWD cars)......Uhh posting the 04-05 STI rear end......that looks nothing like the Sultan...you may need glasses. The spoiler is an EVO one...look at it.  The Subaru rally wing was put on the Sentinel. The tail lights are from an a Lexas(Toyota Altezza), sorry not a Saab. I was thinking of a Saab that looks like it, but it is the Sentinel that has the true Saab tail lights.The front end is also based on the Lexas IS. Anyways, Sorry if you think the Sultan is a Subaru, but you are dead wrong. Those pictures you posted only prove my point. I am not going to post pictures to show how wrong you guys really are, because I do not want to add unneeded pictures when you can google this in like 10 seconds. 

Edit: Yes, it was different in previous games. Also, just because it is a 4 door and awd car doesn't mean it is a Subaru. Someone to confuse a Lancer with Subaru stuff should hold his head in shame ;)

to say it doesnt resemble a subaru at all is just as daft as saying its got nothing but sooby in it. the resemblence is obviously there if there are several of us doing the same thing and besides its the closest we got in game to the real car. especially considering the one in IV was more directly meant to be a WRX (the "rumble" that comes from unequal header legnth being a big giveaway). Besides the WRX and evo are very similar even if neither wants to admit it :p

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

to say it doesnt resemble a subaru at all is just as daft as saying its got nothing but sooby in it. the resemblence is obviously there if there are several of us doing the same thing and besides its the closest we got in game to the real car. especially considering the one in IV was more directly meant to be a WRX (the "rumble" that comes from unequal header legnth being a big giveaway). Besides the WRX and evo are very similar even if neither wants to admit it :p

Making it the same color doesn't make it that car lol..... The car in IV is not this car we are talking about.The thing is the Sentinel got the STI stuff in this game, while the Sultan got the EVO treatment. They are no more similar than say a Ferrari is to a Lambo. The EVO AWD system is garbage too.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

Its actually based off a lexus front end with an evo rear

1999_lexus_is_200-pic-547300262362611638
1996_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_gsr-pic

This. One of the wing options is straight off the EVO V. Plus you can replicate the EVO VI TME livery with little effort.

Vanquished
  • Vanquished

☆Urban Star☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

La SS
  • La SS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

I love my Sultans like I love my Subarus

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg
Closes I could get to my actual Scooby
8666361845_76121c7585_z.jpg

What color is that (blue)?

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

0_0.jpg

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:26 AM Edited by Ronzilla187, 19 January 2014 - 08:26 AM.

Making it the same color doesn't make it that car lol..... The car in IV is not this car we are talking about.The thing is the Sentinel got the STI stuff in this game, while the Sultan got the EVO treatment. They are no more similar than say a Ferrari is to a Lambo. The EVO AWD system is garbage too.
Angel king stfu it closely resembles a WRX get over it. The majority of players will agree.
Also the Sentinel is a BMW. Always has been, always will be. An Evo would have to be made by the GTA brand Maibatsu because they make the eclipse looking car (Penumbra)
  • G_Masta_Phunk and SilkySkillz85 like this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

Here's mine. Never seem to be out of her. Deffo my favourite car.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg
  • silentkiller44, Revenge of the Donut and x_-_Robski_-_x like this

itsmeMOB
  • itsmeMOB

Wanderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

This is probably the main car I drive. I love it.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• MantisFang, Revenge of the Donut, UchihaRingo and 2 others like this

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:12 AM Edited by Scoobroid, 19 January 2014 - 11:13 AM.

IRL:

Wheelsfrontbrakes002.jpg

Not to be rude, but they are not the same car.....There is no Subaru in the Sultan. If that is your 2.5, that's cool. I love the 2door/22B/STI swap. I will build one soon enough though :D

FWIW, I see more Lexus/Evo than Subaru in the Sultan and it's certainly nothing like my Series 1 (or classic as they're known in the UK). I miss the Sultan from SA, which was much more Subaru-esque. But it's as close as I can get in-game.

BTW, mines not a 2.5, but a heavily modded 2.0 turbo. Owned it for 14 years and don't plan on getting shot of it any time soon. It's so much fun to drive and sounds superb. tidy classics are getting rare now too.

I've always found that "Ricer" is a derogatory term for Japanese car tuning, used by people that prefer US cars with cart spring suspension and dire power to weight ratios, but each to their own. If people don't like the mods they shouldn't add them. I love my Buccaneer too btw.

• Blingy and The Angel King like this

gfen
  • gfen

Easy like a Monday morning

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

0_0.jpg

its a shame its dark, the paint's black witht his really nice shoeleather brown for the secondary, and a set of the wanna be BBS supermeshes in bronze set it off.

i wish the look fast parts weren't quite so boyracer for it, though. 

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Here is my scooby....I stayed original ...I drift this b*stard everywhere :)..0_0.jpg

>>>0_0.jpg

• Revenge of the Donut and x_-_Robski_-_x like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:51 AM Edited by The Angel King, 19 January 2014 - 12:00 PM.

Angel king stfu it closely resembles a WRX get over it. The majority of players will agree.

Also the Sentinel is a BMW. Always has been, always will be. An Evo would have to be made by the GTA brand Maibatsu because they make the eclipse looking car (Penumbra)

Karin in the game is Toyota/Lexas. This actually made me laugh that you said that. The Sentinel is the Subaru much more than the M3 it use to be. It doesn't even have the M3 "Greenhouse" rear pillar like previous ones either. Has Saab on the back end. Notice the pink trim and "STD" on the intercooler that is exactly like the STI badge?? The Sultan does NOT resemble a Subaru just because it is AWD 4 door with a Sooby paintjob. As a car enthusiast I can clearly see it.........if the majority of players agree with you then they would also be very wrong. Say what you want. It doesn't make you any more correct.

@Scoobroid Sorry, didn't mean to assume it's a 2.5. By the 2.5 I meant the 2.5RS model and such. I want the 2Door, but everyone around here is buying them out and doing swaps. That's fine an all, but don't want one done by amateurs. I also want the "diff switch." Personally I think the 4 door is more practical, but it isn't for me. Fell in love with them back when Colin McRae was the man. (R.I.P.)

EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Oooohh it looks like a Scooby wrx. Or ooooh it looks like a Mitsu evo. The car choice of little boy racer teenagers. It's a kiddy car. The most immature car in the same except for a chrome adder with $ rims.

It looks horrendous. The wheels don't fill the arch properly. Just looks weird

Drive_ByShooting
  • Drive_ByShooting

Taking Photos of GTA since 2013

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

One thing I think the sultan shouldn't be is in the sports class. It doesn't stand a chance against 9Fs or comets, and it's only rival is it's older brother, the futo (both Karin).

The class system should be changed to cars like the sultan and futo in sports, comet class as super and entity/adder class as hyper.
  • Blingy and The DAZ like this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Angel king stfu it closely resembles a WRX get over it. The majority of players will agree.Also the Sentinel is a BMW. Always has been, always will be. An Evo would have to be made by the GTA brand Maibatsu because they make the eclipse looking car (Penumbra)

Karin in the game is Toyota/Lexas. This actually made me laugh that you said that. The Sentinel is the Subaru much more than the M3 it use to be. It doesn't even have the M3 "Greenhouse" rear pillar like previous ones either. Has Saab on the back end. Notice the pink trim and "STD" on the intercooler that is exactly like the STI badge?? The Sultan does NOT resemble a Subaru just because it is AWD 4 door with a Sooby paintjob. As a car enthusiast I can clearly see it.........if the majority of players agree with you then they would also be very wrong. Say what you want. It doesn't make you any more correct.

@Scoobroid Sorry, didn't mean to assume it's a 2.5. By the 2.5 I meant the 2.5RS model and such. I want the 2Door, but everyone around here is buying them out and doing swaps. That's fine an all, but don't want one done by amateurs. I also want the "diff switch." Personally I think the 4 door is more practical, but it isn't for me. Fell in love with them back when Colin McRae was the man. (R.I.P.)

Lol saying people are wrong on an opinion they have about a fictional car. The only thing that is wrong is your mindset.
  • Blingy and BrownMattHall like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by The Angel King, 19 January 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Lol saying people are wrong on an opinion they have about a fictional car. The only thing that is wrong is your mindset.

Wong. It is not an opinion when it comes to a fictional car that is based on real life vehicles. There is nothing logical in what you just said....so to say my mindset it wrong......

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

One thing I think the sultan shouldn't be is in the sports class. It doesn't stand a chance against 9Fs or comets, and it's only rival is it's older brother, the futo (both Karin).

The class system should be changed to cars like the sultan and futo in sports, comet class as super and entity/adder class as hyper.

Yeah i was thinking that earlier, doesn't really fit in.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users