sky lights

11 replies to this topic
Masog
  • Masog

fisherman

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

Hi, just thought i'd ask if anyone knows if the .DFF for the blinking green, redand white lights who we're meant to be planes flying very high when seen from the ground level exists? Or is it just omni lights. And finally has anyone ever thought of changing or deleting it?

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

This is the second thread you've made on this subject and you didn't even wait long to go about making a second topic. As far as its known, there is no .dff for it and its hardcoded, so I wouldn't expect it to be changed or removed anytime soon.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Binned the second topic as this one has a more appropriate name.

Ontopic, I don't think they're on DFF. As TheJAMESGM said, they seem to be hardcoded, probsbly somewhere around the sky renderer.

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

Playing SA on my lovely PS2. Y'all bums.

• Feroci
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

They are drawn with simple coronas.

0x7174F0     ; CPlaneTrails::Update(void)
  • Masog and Meheraj7 like this

Masog
  • Masog

fisherman

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:35 AM Edited by Masog, 19 January 2014 - 08:44 AM.

Sorry for posting this topic twice, and thanks for the replies. So no way to remove them or replace them. How about chaning they're position? Kinda "stupid to fly over these "contrails" and no way to keep up with the alledged object which is a tiny light. If i remember correctly vice city had the airtrain plane circling arround...  i figured that it must have been one of the first things that rockstar had put in place in the early stages of developpment since the airtrain is in the SA gta3.img, but they said they "forgot to remove some old stuff" when asked about "ufo lights" so it was one of the last things they forgot about, even after removing some "hot coffee" content in V2 they still didn't do anything to them. So i'm guessing either they didn't care what people would think it would look like, or they blatantly butched this part of the game, and they shoudn't have done that.  That being said, if i could remove it i'd be happy, but i'd rather change it's position make it immobile, and change their color to Blue. To make it look like a sattelite. Just some thoughts.... a realistic sky would be nice don't you agree?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Sorry for posting this topic twice, and thanks for the replies. So no way to remove them or replace them. How about chaning they're position? Kinda "stupid to fly over these "contrails" and no way to keep up with the alledged object which is a tiny light. If i remember correctly vice city had the airtrain plane circling arround...  i figured that it must have been one of the first things that rockstar had put in place in the early stages of developpment since the airtrain is in the SA gta3.img, but they said they "forgot to remove some old stuff" when asked about "ufo lights" so it was one of the last things they forgot about, even after removing some "hot coffee" content in V2 they still didn't do anything to them. So i'm guessing either they didn't care what people would think it would look like, or they blatantly butched this part of the game, and they shoudn't have done that.  That being said, if i could remove it i'd be happy, but i'd rather change it's position make it immobile, and change their color to Blue. To make it look like a sattelite. Just some thoughts.... a realistic sky would be nice don't you agree?

You're not supposed to be so driven by obsession that you try to follow it - that appears to be a side-effect of this simple game feature. Pretty much everyone else playing this game is just happy with the simple corona moving in the sky, as it creates that effect of an unreachably distant plane.

Masog
  • Masog

fisherman

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by Masog, 19 January 2014 - 09:21 PM.

Not driven by obssession, i mean these lights aren't high enough to create the supposed effect that they we're meant to create. Besides what plane would be that unreacheable? No i ain't happy with these lights, never going to be lol.. as i'm driven by making this game look as real as possible  when  flying an airplane. 

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Not driven by obssession, i mean these lights aren't high enough to create the supposed effect that they we're meant to create. Besides what plane would be that unreacheable? No i ain't happy with these lights, never going to be lol.. as i'm driven by making this game look as real as possible  when  flying an airplane. 

Okay, good luck upgrading GTASA to GTA V :p

• Masog likes this

Masog
  • Masog

fisherman

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:33 AM Edited by Masog, 22 January 2014 - 03:29 AM.

Thanks :p.... apart from these lights i woudn't change much in the GTA SA skies, there's so many cleo making this game so much enjoyable and realistic i would never put it aside as it's always evolving. Tough if i could take the airtrain and replace the corona lights with it, slow down their speed and make the contrail bigger.. that'd be awasome.. but i doubt my fantasies will become reality. Even better, replace them with an airplane with a large banner saying something on it. And bring back the blimp from GTA III !!

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Thanks :p.... apart from these lights i woudn't change much in the GTA SA skies, there's so many cleo making this game so much enjoyable and realistic i would never put it aside as it's always evolving. Tough if i could take the airtrain and replace the corona lights with it, slow down their speed and make the contrail bigger.. that'd be awasome.. but i doubt my fantasies will become reality. Even better, replace them with an airplane with a large banner saying something on it. And bring back the blimp from GTA III !!

If it had scrolling text, that'd be awesome. Unfortunately, the only such text signs in SA only have textures which somehow automatically change just by being part of the model/

• Masog likes this

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

Playing SA on my lovely PS2. Y'all bums.

• Feroci
  • Ukraine

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

That's called UV (texture coordinates) animation.
Also, all things from GTA3 could be easily ported to SA, I think.
  • Masog likes this

Masog
  • Masog

fisherman

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:54 AM Edited by Masog, 19 February 2014 - 02:54 AM.

That's called UV (texture coordinates) animation.
Also, all things from GTA3 could be easily ported to SA, I think.

Gta united mod has the blimp and other sky rendering effects from GTA VC and III. But if i remember the skylights we're removed. What i really really want is the Vice city Airtrain flying instead of the corona lights in GTA SA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users