Photo

This sh*t really has to stop.

343 replies to this topic
AnarosaES
  • AnarosaES

Anarosa Escárcega

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

I'll be honest, used to be when people said the tank had to be removed from the game, I called them stupid... but now I see that I was 100% wrong. My buddy, new to the game, wanted to car to race me with... sooo, I went ahead and found him a Sabre at his choice, spent about 160k doing said Sabre up. With that done, I went to my buddy, handed him the car, said to put a tracker and insurance on it but by the time I had finished with that sentence... boom. There goes $160,000 and the reason I sold one of my own cars, he then kept on spawn killing me with a tank until I ended up quitting. Before you say "Why didn't you go into passive mode?" well... simply put; you can still run people over and park on them until they die, which is what he did. I did all I could to avoid him, to take out the tank, and to just get out of there but no... this wouldn't be an asshole if he didn't have more than himself, so of course, here comes his buddy with yet another tank. They kept doing this, and later on after I quit I got a message from the guy saying he was sorry, he didn't know the car didn't have insurance, and added me. I thought "Oh cool, bit of an ass but at least has some morals." but nope... he joined my game, where I had done up yet another Sabre for my buddy, and did the exact same thing with an RPG as we drove to LSC. I started today with $504,000 left after Rockstar took aim at gifted money, and I'm now left with $82,000 as this has happened so, so much.

I'm not here to ask for sympathy, but something really has to be done... I dunno, anything, have the tank removed from the game, have a list of trusted hosts who'll start up fair, no bullsh*t invite only games. This game, to me, would be flawless if it had a better community... like, seriously. The gifting money? I didn't mind but some hated it, and who was it caused by? No, not Rockstar's "bad security", it was caused by some asshole who had nothing better to do than to show off he has cash, and thus, thrown it around like a f*cking moron. Yes, I'm mad, yes I'm raging, with no cash glitches, hacking, I'm left with barely any cash because some people find the need to ruin my fun... and not even just mine, I'm sure half the members here have a story about how they got f*cked over by some random. I swear the Grand Theft Auto: Online community is nothing more than four year olds who just sit at their PS3s like "OOO YAY ME PRESSES R2 TEHEH-" no, shut the f*ck up. o -o

I'm over this, honestly, tanks, RPGs, just the plain fact that another player can blow up your own personal ride and do all this dick sh*t, ruins the game for me. I never thought I'd let a community get to me this much, and ruin a game in my eyes, but it has... simply because I cannot play free-roam without blowing up for ten minutes.

Oh; don't do the childish "Y U NO INVITE ONLY GAME!?"... because I swear I'll just want to hit you; I shouldn't need to lock myself away from the public in order to enjoy the game. At least with organized no-bullsh*t invite only games, there would be plenty of people, not just... well, two.

#NoIDon'tReallyGiveAf*ckAboutYourOpinionIJustWantedToRantBecauseI'mAngry.

Bye.
  • saintsrow, Ethereal_NYC, Rockwheels and 26 others like this

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

my eyes, they bleed. soooo muuucccchhhh hhhhuuuurrrrtttt oooofff tttthhhheeee bbbbuuuttttttttt
  • xxRichter, Daviedv, blackrooster_ and 14 others like this

Dixbfloppin
  • Dixbfloppin

Player Hater

• Members

tldr ur ghey

• Cincy32 likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Bad treatment toward the community from developers fueled the community to become bad. There's really no other logical explanation.

• Lamborghini1335, iiGh0STt, Mr. Piff 724 and 2 others like this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

i don't know.. i didn't really read any of that..

• abnorm, iiGh0STt, timebombking and 3 others like this

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:00 AM Edited by 2mlg4u, 18 January 2014 - 07:00 AM.

tldr ur ghey

lal no.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

Very bad luck. Should have spent the cash in a private lobby. I spent all night looking for tanks to snipe, and it was so empty, I had to resort to leaving one at LSC for some action.
  • mkjah22 likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

"Sorry for bad grammar, I'm at KFC"

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

Yet another tank complaint thread....

AnarosaES
  • AnarosaES

Anarosa Escárcega

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

tldr ur ghey

Thank you for being a shining example of the topic I posted.

More so about the community, and the fact there is so many about the tank should give Rockstar a hint, IMO. If you just pass by the issues without paying any attention, just saying "Get over it." nothing will ever get done. >_>;

• ten-a-penny, ShinobiFixer, nobum62 and 4 others like this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

The sh*t that really has to stop is threads with titles that don't tell us what the thread is about.

• GSXRSpeed, SAVILLAIN, abnorm and 12 others like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:05 AM Edited by marco-polo, 18 January 2014 - 07:06 AM.

Oh; don't do the childish "Y U NO INVITE ONLY GAME!?"... because I swear I'll just want to hit you

Well take your best shot, sadly it happens but it goes without saying now i guess.

Yes that would be f*cking annoying, the fact that he got you a second time is (to me) kinda funny but i wasn't in that situation. Either way, suck it up and know you really shouldn't be generous out in public :/

The sh*t that really has to stop is threads with titles that don't tell us what the thread is about.

I hope a rule comes in saying that you can't do this sh*t anymore, god it pisses me off.

AnarosaES
  • AnarosaES

Anarosa Escárcega

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

Consider it a way to catch your eye, seems to be workin'.

• jptawok likes this

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

why

• Members
  • None

they want a reaction out of you. When random people killing me for no reason , I just kind of stand there until they leave.

• MarabuntaGrande likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

imodium.jpg

• meatrocket8, GTAPhilly1 and mfoster09 like this

AnarosaES
  • AnarosaES

Anarosa Escárcega

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Oh; don't do the childish "Y U NO INVITE ONLY GAME!?"... because I swear I'll just want to hit you

Well take your best shot, sadly it happens but it goes without saying now i guess.

Yes that would be f*cking annoying, the fact that he got you a second time is (to me) kinda funny but i wasn't in that situation. Either way, suck it up and know you really shouldn't be generous out in public :/

It was funny, I'm not about to lie when it comes to that. I felt stupid, but I'm sure most do when they trust a member of the Grand Theft Auto: Online community. xD

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:08 AM

If you are customizing for a friend, your best bet is to go to a LSC far away from the action.  

I recommend the furthest one to either the south or the east in the city, or any of the customs shops in Sandy Shores or further north

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

"Sorry for bad grammar, I'm at KFC"

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

tldr ur ghey

More so about the community, and the fact there is so many about the tank should give Rockstar a hint, IMO. If you just pass by the issues without paying any attention, just saying "Get over it." nothing will ever get done. >_>;
Did that asshole who destroyed the sabre have a tank before you modded it? And if you were at the LSC that's located near the mall, then you should have seen that coming pal, sry he wasted your money but to be safe, invite sessions is the way and or go to other LSC located outside Los Santos.
  • Timely likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 18 January 2014 - 07:10 AM.

The end is near for GTA: Online. It started off as a Multiplayer which was supposed to make people have fun with each other, and look at what it has become.

• saintsrow, ten-a-penny, Killzone3265 and 4 others like this

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:10 AM Edited by One Poor Fool, 18 January 2014 - 07:13 AM.

The tanks are there so players who arent that good can get kills too. Dont get too mad about it , its just they way the game is it is very annoying trust me I know but thats the game you are playing. They also cost alot so they may inspire people to buy cash cards to get the tank, and unfortunately this is the road rockstar have gone down with the MP,

Tanks also cause players to lose money from insurance  ie you losing money is good news from their perspective  so im pretty sure Rockstar are pro tank so that and always do private sessions when upgrading cars is the lesson to be learnt here.

• imsharksharkwho likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

It was funny, I'm not about to lie when it comes to that. I felt stupid, but I'm sure most do when they trust a member of the Grand Theft Auto: Online community. xD

Yeah i can kinda imagine just putting your head down in shame :D

Either way, i'd be feeling the same too. Don't trust anyone in a tank - a guy said he doesn't know if i'm friendly even though i was beeping my horn, "ok i won't shoot", bang. Happened many times.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:10 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 18 January 2014 - 07:13 AM.

I've joined lobbies where 4 guys were in tanks sitting outside my apartment and no one else was running around in the lobby because they couldn't get out of their apartments without being killed and grief'd.

Tanks need a replacement price increase and Rockstar needs to take away tanks from people who got them when not the rank required.

1mil to get a 1mil tank is a lot more understandable than 200 bucks.

I mean think about it..you give 200 bucks to Pegasus..who in turn goes and spends a million to get you a million dollar tank and in return they get 200 bucks to make up for them spending a mil, it makes no sense.

How is Pegasus still in bidness?

(For the record I sat down and watched them through the t.v before spamming muggers at them, it was funny seeing them get thrown out and the other 3 shooting the odd tank that the mugger was trying to escape in.)

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

I've joined lobbies where 4 guys were in tanks sitting outside my apartment and no one else was running around in the lobby because they couldn't get out of their apartments without being killed and grief'd.

Tanks need a replacement price increase and Rockstar needs to take away tanks from people who got them when not the rank required.

1mil to get a 1mil tank is a lot more understandable than 200 bucks.

I mean think about it..you give 200 bucks to Pegasus..who in turn goes and gets you a million dollar tank and in return they get 200 bucks, it makes no sense.

(For the record I sat down and watched them through the t.v before spamming muggers at them, it was funny seeing them get thrown out and the other 3 shooting the odd tank that the mugger was trying to escape in.)

Tanks just need to be OSP... on site procurement lol

Make people fight over them at the base if they want one. Rockstar wanted to go realistic with online, yet you can own a freakin tank? Now that really makes no sense.

• saintsrow and ParanoiaX like this

AnarosaES
  • AnarosaES

Anarosa Escárcega

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

tldr ur ghey

Did that asshole who destroyed the sabre have a tank before you modded it? And if you were at the LSC that's located near the mall, then you should have seen that coming pal, sry he wasted your money but to be safe, invite sessions is the way and or go to other LSC located outside Los Santos.

Nah. I got the Sabre, went and modded it out near the airport and then drove to my buddy which was like... around where Franklin's place was, little did I know the guy had followed me and the second my buddy got in, blew up the car. The second time this happened, the car was modded when he joined and he drove up to us around the Royale apartment location.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

As long as there are tanks and tank wankers, there will be complaint threads. 

I wonder why? 

Maybe because Rockstar does not know how to design a goddamn online game.  What is the point of them working on races, missions, heists, avatar customization, or a beautiful virtual world design, when the game design is nothing but a tankdouche playpen? 

...but then it became clear to me, crystal clear, like a diamond arrow of pure insight:  Rockstar did all these things, made this beautiful game, as bait to lure in tank targets.  If 10 million people were not drawn to GTA Online, who would the tank wanks have to shoot at?  It finally all makes sense.  :/

• ParanoiaX, nobum62, dtsmucker and 2 others like this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Tanks have not been as big of a problem for me since the glitchers were all cheater pooled.  All you have to do is join a new session or avoid the free roam morons that are too scared to play deathmatch and get a legit K/D.

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:27 AM

tl;dr too dumb to go to invite only session. Herp a derp.

• DannyMan, SUPERHEAVYDOODY, Cincy32 and 1 other like this

AnarosaES
  • AnarosaES

Anarosa Escárcega

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

Yeah, I'm dumb for wanting to be able to play an online game in public. I'm such a fool, somebody hand me a bullet I can have for dinner. :C

• dtsmucker and BigBrother67 like this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:28 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 18 January 2014 - 07:29 AM.

a.k.a. session-which-is-boring-as-f*ck-because-you-are-alone-and-to-which-your-friends-or-crew-members-never-join-even-when-inviting-them?

• saintsrow, Killzone3265, nobum62 and 3 others like this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

I'll be honest, used to be when people said the tank had to be removed from the game, I called them stupid... but now I see that I was 100% wrong. My buddy, new to the game, wanted to car to race me with... sooo, I went ahead and found him a Sabre at his choice, spent about 160k doing said Sabre up. With that done, I went to my buddy, handed him the car, said to put a tracker and insurance on it but by the time I had finished with that sentence... boom. There goes $160,000 and the reason I sold one of my own cars, he then kept on spawn killing me with a tank until I ended up quitting. Before you say "Why didn't you go into passive mode?" well... simply put; you can still run people over and park on them until they die, which is what he did. I did all I could to avoid him, to take out the tank, and to just get out of there but no... this wouldn't be an asshole if he didn't have more than himself, so of course, here comes his buddy with yet another tank. They kept doing this, and later on after I quit I got a message from the guy saying he was sorry, he didn't know the car didn't have insurance, and added me. I thought "Oh cool, bit of an ass but at least has some morals." but nope... he joined my game, where I had done up yet another Sabre for my buddy, and did the exact same thing with an RPG as we drove to LSC. I started today with $504,000 left after Rockstar took aim at gifted money, and I'm now left with $82,000 as this has happened so, so much.

I'm not here to ask for sympathy, but something really has to be done... I dunno, anything, have the tank removed from the game, have a list of trusted hosts who'll start up fair, no bullsh*t invite only games. This game, to me, would be flawless if it had a better community... like, seriously. The gifting money? I didn't mind but some hated it, and who was it caused by? No, not Rockstar's "bad security", it was caused by some asshole who had nothing better to do than to show off he has cash, and thus, thrown it around like a f*cking moron. Yes, I'm mad, yes I'm raging, with no cash glitches, hacking, I'm left with barely any cash because some people find the need to ruin my fun... and not even just mine, I'm sure half the members here have a story about how they got f*cked over by some random. I swear the Grand Theft Auto: Online community is nothing more than four year olds who just sit at their PS3s like "OOO YAY ME PRESSES R2 TEHEH-" no, shut the f*ck up. o -o

I'm over this, honestly, tanks, RPGs, just the plain fact that another player can blow up your own personal ride and do all this dick sh*t, ruins the game for me. I never thought I'd let a community get to me this much, and ruin a game in my eyes, but it has... simply because I cannot play free-roam without blowing up for ten minutes.

Oh; don't do the childish "Y U NO INVITE ONLY GAME!?"... because I swear I'll just want to hit you; I shouldn't need to lock myself away from the public in order to enjoy the game. At least with organized no-bullsh*t invite only games, there would be plenty of people, not just... well, two.

#NoIDon'tReallyGiveAf*ckAboutYourOpinionIJustWantedToRantBecauseI'mAngry.

Bye.

Oh, shut the f**k up! Tanks are a really sh*t part of GTA:O. I avoid them and have never used one. But that was too many words frankly.
  • RageJenB likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Why even play online then? "too dumb"

• saintsrow, nobum62, dtsmucker and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users