Photo

Things from V which would have been cool in IV

28 replies to this topic
lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

I know that as a successor GTA V naturally has things which GTA IV lacked, but is there any silly things which GTA IV didn't have, but could easily have had?

One thing I've always wondered is why doesn't Niko ever see Roman hanging out at the apartments? Much like you can see Denise hanging out at her and Franklin's house, it would have been cool to see Roman sitting down watching TV or something in IV.

• Mr. Jago and Jeansowaty like this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Having the ability to switch betwen Johnny, Luis and Niko with their missions, weapons, vehicles :D

Swim underwater

Also "I can't wait" from Stevie Nicks on LRR

• DeafMetal and Drunken Cowboy like this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Idioteque

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

-Third Person Angles from GTA V

-The customization from GTA V (Car, weapon, more clothes, haircuts ..etc)

-Clothes have physics! (somewhat, you get the point)

-GTA V Online support

I'm not sure what else.. GTA IV was a pretty solid game by itself.

livejoker
  • livejoker

What am I still doing here?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

GTA V had online support?

If car customizing is added to GTA 4, I'd play it all the time. Cars are much nicer in it. Classic Dukes. :inlove:

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:31 AM Edited by GoldenBlade, 18 January 2014 - 04:40 PM.

Car customization and haircuts would have really been nice. I'd like to choose some different haircuts for Niko from time to time. Also, car customization would be fabulous with the wonderful cars in this game.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

''The apocalypse. The apocalypse never changes.''

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

-Third Person Angles from GTA V

The camera angles in IV were unique and perfect :(

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

The ability to stand on trains and moving trucks.

6 and 8-lane bridges and highways.

Faster pedestrian traffic.

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

-Garages

-Haul Trailers

-24/7

-"LCCustoms"

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Ya thats the only one for me.

The ability to mod cars.

All the time playing GTAIV for years Ive been thinking. 'Man I wish I could mod this car' Especially with all the extra parts cars seemd to spawn with.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

''The apocalypse. The apocalypse never changes.''

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Car customization, that. I mean what's the point of having a Dukes with a big ass Turbo on the hood that does nothing to improve the acceleration!!! That's what made me prefer the small hood scoop/v shaped scoop variants.

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

That aint no turbo :p Twas a blower, for a supercharger.

But I see what you are saying, What I ment was that lots of cars have parts. Like the blower on the dukes, the rear window cover, the bodykit on the ingot (wich im shocked wasent in V) the bed covers and rollbar that apear on the bobcat, escalade,

And yeah proformance enhancements would be nice tho GTA never had that before. On SA you could put hood vents, scoops, rear wings, noss. but never actully make te car more powerfull. hm.

But yeah Even if it was only cosmetic. Liek changing the rims, color, and any extra parts, I woulda been happy. IV had some nice, metalicy looking paints and such. Also trailers.. trucks without trailers meh. Parked traielrs acting as a troll.. meh.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:17 AM Edited by Zello, 19 January 2014 - 04:20 AM.

1.The Stock market I mean irl the NYSE is big in NYC I would think that would be the same in LC and in the GTA universe.

2. Car customization and impound lot

3. Haircuts

4. Taxi missions lots of cabs in NYC and LC would have liked to make Niko a cab driver sure early on in the game you can do a couple of cab missions for Roman but later on you cant.

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:52 AM

One thing I've always wondered is why doesn't Niko ever see Roman hanging out at the apartments? Much like you can see Denise hanging out at her and Franklin's house, it would have been cool to see Roman sitting down watching TV or something in IV.

oh yes, in 2008 IV was advertised as having this "living, breathing world" and while there was nothing like it it still managed to feel very artificial, even for the time. there were so many simple things rockstar could've done to really make the game feel alive but it just all fell short for me

• lilchris131 likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

oh yes, in 2008 IV was advertised as having this "living, breathing world" and while there was nothing like it it still managed to feel very artificial, even for the time. there were so many simple things rockstar could've done to really make the game feel alive but it just all fell short for me

Of course. It's easier to look back now the game's nearly 6 years old, but I think for the most part when R* advertised GTA IV as a "living, breathing world" they were on the money. This would've been a nice addition I agree, but compared to previous installments GTA IV felt less artificial and more like what had been advertised IMO.

Anyway the only thing I'd take from GTA V is car customising as I don't like GTA V's physics, but love GTA IV's. Being able to tune cars in GTA IV would make it my most played game of all time.

• Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Order. Purpose. Direction.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Character switching.

Customization, both vehicle and more extensive character customization.

Countryside. It would be amazing to leave the urban jungle and spend some time upstate.

Random events.

Other characters hanging around safehouses.

Dialogues with friends while hanging out changing depending on your progress in the story.

Animals.

• lilchris131 likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

What am I still doing here?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Don't really see how animals could add to GTA 4. Just cats and dogs and they're not that important. Hunt dogs in the park? :/

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:20 AM Edited by lilchris131, 19 January 2014 - 10:23 AM.

Dialogues with friends while hanging out changing depending on your progress in the story.

This is a big one. I remember on at least one playthrough where Packie mentioned one of his brothers dying even though I hadn't got past the mission "Blood Brothers" yet.

And several times Roman told Niko about his mother e-mailing him even though Niko hadn't got to the point where she e-mails yet.

Also, why does no-one mention the death of a loved one (Kate or Roman) if you hang out with friends after the story?

Some things like this really killed the "feeling alive" thing.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Yeah, I always thought that was weird. Drop Roman off, he goes into the apartment, Niko follows - no Roman. Maybe he spends all his time in the bathroom.

Now that I think about it, it would have been cool to play as someone else in the game - like Roman! But instead of some intense missions, he could be all about doing everyday stuff - buying groceries, buying new ugly shirts, gambling, trying to pick up girls, running taxi missions.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

- boat trailer

- realistic cops alert

- underwater activities (i don't know if this is linked but i prefer BY FAR  IV infinite sea than V limited sea..)

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

- Roman hanging out in your safehouse
- Car customisation
- The ability to buy properties such as garages in businesses (imagine if YOU had to fork out the money after the cab depot was destoryed)
- The ability to buy vehicles

Niobium
  • Niobium

Commie Johnny

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

the stainer from V.

ATVs. planes.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Spoiler

I keed you Johnny fans. I don't really think that it would've been cool to include that.

Anyslut, I think having the ability to talk to peds in IV would be cool. 

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:29 PM Edited by Mr Oraange, 29 January 2014 - 12:02 AM.

​Do convertibles have the roof toggle in IV? If not, they should've.

I haven't played this game in so long. I miss it.

​And assault shotgunz.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by jpm1, 29 January 2014 - 03:20 AM.

by default no , but EPM script does it

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, pretty much all the same stuff.
Vehicle saving, character switching (so longer Johnny and Luis stories, perhaps maybe a few more that cross with Niko's saga), updated visuals, a few more activities, possibly a larger map, gun mechanics that aren't lousy, and a multiplayer that allows for vehicle saving as well, experience for free roam activity, yab yab yab.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

Having the ability to switch betwen Johnny, Luis and Niko with their missions, weapons, vehicles

There's two possibilities here.

A: Someone uses JulioNB's character switch mod or make their own, and ports IV and TLAD's missions to TBoGT, and scripts them in a way that you can only play them in chronological order.

B: When V gets released on the PC and people without a doubt port Liberty City over (which will be much easier since both games run on the same engine and use the same formats), someone ports the characters and missions over too.

A is much more likely though. I'm surprised someone hasn't attempted to port the missions from IV or TLAD to TBoGT. I'm not entirely sure if it's even possible, but I don't see why not.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:11 AM Edited by jpm1, 30 January 2014 - 10:12 AM.

porting (don't know if correct spelling) addons missions is not that simple . in addons there are new vehicles , new weapons , new enterable buildings , new characters , each with their own features . man it looks all but simple . i dream of enterable maisonnette and being able to dance in IV myself

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

mayorista no limpio pescado

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

the hills, forest....

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

porting (don't know if correct spelling) addons missions is not that simple . in addons there are new vehicles , new weapons , new enterable buildings , new characters , each with their own features . man it looks all but simple . i dream of enterable maisonnette and being able to dance in IV myself

That's why porting things from IV to TBoGT would be much better. TBoGT has all the map updates, since it's packaged with TLAD in EFLC it can most likely load content (peds, vehicles, etc.) from TLAD. It's just missions I'm not sure about since I've never seen anyone port missions on the RAGE.

Yeah, porting things to IV from TBoGT would be difficult with all the new content and features, but IV to TBoGT shouldn't be too bad since EFLC/TBoGT contains all the stuff IV has.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users