mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hey guys,

A few topics were unpinned from the GTA:O section today including the Videos thread and the Custom Rides thread

since the unpinning theres been a couple of threads with just videos posted by regular youtube whores... meaning more moderation for you guys. Also a couple of peeps (including myself) asked why..

just wondering what the justification for unpinning these is, i expect the videos one is possibly due to "undesirable" videos (glitches, mods etc) being posted... but how about the custom rides thread??

that way anyone asking can just be referred back here :)

• WBaker likes this

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Custom Rides is now pinned again :^: also the other threads were unpinned due to not many people posting in them and they are just taking up space
  • StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

I hate stickys, get rid of them all!

• theadmiral likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

I hate stickys, get rid of them all!

What's wrong with them? I personally think they are a great thing for some topics to stop similar ones being open of the same subject :p
  • Ciaran likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Yeah they are great in that respect, but do they ALL have to be stuck to the top of the page, or can they be 'loose' like other threads?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

I guess that's up to the people who moderate that particular section - You can always suggest if you don't think one should be there, I guess.
  • Ciaran likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by mo-seph, 20 January 2014 - 02:01 PM.

@cairan fair call, do think 4 pinned topics is optimal, any more n half the page seems "pinned" so thats cool

Cheers

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

What?
  • GTAKid667 likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

He means don't pin half a million threads because it is too much.

@GTAKid667 It's cute that you think suggesting something is okay to do here.

• Ciaran likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

:lol: What?

This place is called Site Suggestions for a reason - Just because your suggestion doesn't get implemented it doesn't mean it isn't okay to suggest something.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

If there's a demand or need for pinned threads it can happen. As Ciaran said, a few of them weren't getting much use. A few others have regular contributors who keep those threads at the top of the list.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by AceKingston, 18 January 2014 - 06:56 PM.

http://gtaforums.com...-of-search-bar/
http://gtaforums.com...55-forum-skins/
http://gtaforums.com...tor-suggestion/
http://gtaforums.com...63374-heads-up/
http://gtaforums.com...-the-usernames/
http://gtaforums.com...ignature-rules/

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

It can always be moved to Site Suggestions. :^: to mo-seph for the feedback.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

It's cute that you think suggesting something is okay to do here.

Your constant moaning about your suggestions going nowhere is getting rather old. As I indicated to you yesterday in your warning, this is the Network Support forum, not the complain about my suggestion going nowhere forum, so unless you have something useful or helpful to contribute to the topic, I'd suggest you move along.

• Tracksuit Hitman and GunWrath like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

Thing is, some times pinned topics do become unproductive but in some cases it's best to keep certain topics pinned that a majority of GTA:O players will use at some point. Such as a snapmatic thread and things of that nature. I'm not sure which topics were unpinned there as I don't dwell in that cave anymore. I would suggest keeping the videos topic pinned though.. it's never been busy but Kirsty and I came to agreement once just to keep it up since overall, it's a video topic. It keeps a foundation for future video threads made or multiple video threads made to be detoured there. Custom Rides though.. yeah, I can agree.. no need for that. Everyone customizes their ride.. if they want to show it off.. just take a pic of it and post it in the snapmatic threads relating to the subject.

I believe there's a Snapmatic pinned topic for Random, Garages and something else. 

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

What?

Sorry dude, i promise i wasnt on the rum... much

Edited to correct my "fat thumb small screen" syndrome... but stormerboy hit the nail on the head

Thing is, some times pinned topics do become unproductive but in some cases it's best to keep certain topics pinned that a majority of GTA:O players will use at some point. Such as a snapmatic thread and things of that nature. I'm not sure which topics were unpinned there as I don't dwell in that cave anymore. I would suggest keeping the videos topic pinned though.. it's never been busy but Kirsty and I came to agreement once just to keep it up since overall, it's a video topic. It keeps a foundation for future video threads made or multiple video threads made to be detoured there. Custom Rides though.. yeah, I can agree.. no need for that. Everyone customizes their ride.. if they want to show it off.. just take a pic of it and post it in the snapmatic threads relating to the subject.

I believe there's a Snapmatic pinned topic for Random, Garages and something else. 

Totally agree with you on the videos topic.. even if it isnt used frequently it stops some individals from posting a new youtube vid every 5 mins (or just bottlenecks them into one place that 95% of users ignore),,, i get tired of youtube whores very easily and with the pinned topic i could firmly stuff my tongue in my cheek and direct them to it...

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Custom Rides & Garages has over half a million views and is 215 pages. I think that deserves to be pinned out of sheer popularity.

Currently, I am seeing only the occasional YouTube video and you can always report videos that violate the no advertising rule: "No Advertising promoting your website, YouTube channel or other service such as referral links by posting topics or PMing members (signature promotion is allowed)".

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Custom Rides & Garages has over half a million views and is 215 pages. I think that deserves to be pinned out of sheer popularity.

Currently, I am seeing only the occasional YouTube video and you can always report videos that violate the no advertising rule: "No Advertising promoting your website, YouTube channel or other service such as referral links by posting topics or PMing members (signature promotion is allowed)".

basically summed up 95% of all videos posted on here lol... but im sure your aware i do, but not before directing peeps to the right place before its locked (for the future readers), was much easier to find when it was pinned lol

wasnt custom rides and garages just pinned for the Photographers Club on GTAV.net?? ... im not surprised it was popular lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users