Orange Is the New Black

50 replies to this topic
manrki42184
  • manrki42184

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

I really like what I've seen so far. Definitely looking forward to the future episodes. 

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

I like this show, but it feels like Sex and the City in prison. I don't like Piper, and there are characters/drama that I could do without. The episode without Piper was kinda BS, but it may have been an improvement.

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

So far I'm loving the show, but I loved weeds... for the first few seasons.  I hope this, because it's based on a book, doesn't go as far off the rails as weeds and ends as well as it has been running.

BarelyLegal 2.0
  • BarelyLegal 2.0

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

Is the second season worth watching? I watched the entirety of the first season with my ex-girlfriend, and I've been holding off watching the second season because it just makes me think about her, which saddens me. I loved the first season, but don't really want to be reminded of her if I don't even enjoy the second.

Alien
  • Alien

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Is the second season worth watching? I watched the entirety of the first season with my ex-girlfriend, and I've been holding off watching the second season because it just makes me think about her, which saddens me. I loved the first season, but don't really want to be reminded of her if I don't even enjoy the second.

Not that it matters as you are now "busted" but yeah, it totally is worth watching. 

Obviously
  • Obviously

This is the best costume for the day.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

I love this show, its funny. 

Love Tastee, Poussey and Vee

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

Finished the last 2 eps of series tonight, it was great have an extra long finale. I just love all the main characters of this show and can't wait for next year already.

Spoiler

It really is the little details in character development and connections to their pre-prison lives that make you really feel for them and get to know them. Interested in where it's going to go next season, obviously it's already confirmed Alex is returning as a regular so that's something for Piper, but honestly I think it could carry on just as well without the two of them most of the time.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by johnny_zoo, 03 July 2014 - 10:14 AM.

I didn't find season 1 all that amazing if I'm honest. It felt slightly tame for a prison show. I expected there to be a lot more shankings than there was and hardly no violence whatsoever. This is a prison not Golden Girls. I watch a lot of prison documentaries so the comparison is glaring. OINTB is mild hot sauce.

Example:

Spoiler

However I just started Season 2 last night and it definitely has a different feel to it. I'm wondering if they've brought on board new producers/directors or something because the first Ep had the near quality of Breaking Bad. So far I like the opener and I hope it stays this way.

Alien
  • Alien

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

For sure the show make Women's Minimum Security Prison look  pretty damn easy... not at all like Lockup makes it seem.

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

I started this show four days ago and I'm already halfway through season two. I love everything about it, especially how raw everything is. Anyone else feel a little disturbed by Big Boo? lol

• Alien and krashr like this

krashr
  • krashr

yak

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

this was recommended to me as a kind of comedy/drama with occasional naked chicks, so i didn't go in to it expecting a realistic take on prison life.. i was pleasantly surprised at how much the story engaged me though and will continue watching when i get the chance (still not very far through yet, but keep hearing good things from people)

Dirt
  • Dirt

they call me cuban pete

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Armenia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

Season 2 was f*cking great. Really an addictive show, can't wait for season 3.

Spoiler

• Kirsty likes this

HolographicBunny
  • HolographicBunny

[TITLE DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

I was not Weeds' biggest fan. I liked it well enough, but as such, wasn't particularly enthusiastic about this show. Turns out, it's fricking awesome. SO much better than Weeds.

...also can we all just agree that larry is the most unnecessary character in the history of tv shows. 

Um, what? Huh? He may not be very dynamic. He may even border on irritating. But, no, a GIGANTIC plot thread wholly revolves around him, and he facilitates several subplots as well. We'd lose just a sh*t ton of tension and suspense if there was no Larry.

Soap guru goes to prison, hooks back up with her ex, tries to get by til her release date. That synopsis doesn't sound near as intriguing. That's because it's literally, objectively not, by Webster's definition of intrigue.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:41 PM Edited by Brobinski, 12 July 2014 - 08:54 PM.

...also can we all just agree that larry is the most unnecessary character in the history of tv shows. 

Um, what? Huh? He may not be very dynamic. He may even border on irritating. But, no, a GIGANTIC plot thread wholly revolves around him, and he facilitates several subplots as well. We'd lose just a sh*t ton of tension and suspense if there was no Larry.

Soap guru goes to prison, hooks back up with her ex, tries to get by til her release date. That synopsis doesn't sound near as intriguing. That's because it's literally, objectively not, by Webster's definition of intrigue.

Nah I totally agree with the first guy. The Piper/Larry arc would have been so much better if:

Spoiler

The Larry stuff has got a lot of negative attention, and I think it's telling of how the show's improved in the second season actually. The scope has opened up from being simply a fish-out-of-water story to being about a whole bunch of people in an interesting situation. Most of the positive feedback comes from how the cast has expanded, and seeing Larry out in the world doing his own thing just saps time away from all that and reminds us that, originally, this was all about one person/couple.

This is also why I'm not as happy as everyone else about the confirmation that Laura Prepon is returning as a main cast member in S3. The show's growing in a way where it's more that Piper is involved in things rather than her being the sole focus. Retreading the Alex stuff just seems like it'll hold that growth back.

• Kirsty likes this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Whatever happens, i just want season 3 to start. Loved the ending of 2.

krashr
  • krashr

yak

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

got up to episode 10 last night (season 1), it was hard to stop, but needed sleep haha

Alien
  • Alien

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

Ahhh... just wait until Season 2.

• krashr likes this

krashr
  • krashr

yak

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

watched the rest of season 1, the final scene was very satisfying

• Alien likes this

Asator1
  • Asator1

sh*tposter -->

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

The season 2 final was f*cking great!

• Alien likes this

krashr
  • krashr

yak

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:45 AM Edited by krashr, 18 July 2014 - 04:46 AM.

i am now up to date

season 2 spoilers-

Spoiler

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

I love this show and I so can't wait to season 3 hits. My only favorite character is Mariza, hopefully she is in the next season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users