Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

600px-GTA5-Tank-1.jpg

Here is the Fort Zancudo Tank.

0_0.jpg

Here is the Tank you can buy.

What I want to know now is have any of you noticed a difference in how long the tank will last on a 5 star wanted level?  I extensively test out my vehicles to see how long I can last on a daily basis, one of the most fun things to do after 100% completion and been doing this since GTA III.  The FZ Tank has those side panels and the purchased tank does not.  I am wondering if having those side panels helps the tank's lifespan before it catches fire and blows up.  I know the purchased tank is pretty bad and blows up on you within 15-25 minutes on a 5 star chase.  It physically can't last longer.  This is with rolling over NO vehicles, too.  The only possible way to last as long as you want is by camping out under the hanger, but that gets boring very quickly.

So does the FZ tank last longer than the one you can buy?  Anybody test this out?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Well, I just went and checked to see, both tanks explode after four rockets to the side panel.  The purchased Rhino caught fire before exploding, but I had to blow the Zancudo Rhino up in the middle of battling marines, so I suspect it may have taken a bit of gunfire from them, which caused it to explode as soon as the fourth rocket hit it.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for testing that man, appreciated.

Although, it's be more accurate to not use ANY rockets or ANY times running over vehicles.  How it could be done is buying a tank for the hanger, and getting the FZ tank into another hanger.  Taking each one out in the airport, get to 5 stars, and see how long it lasts.  Because when I am doing rampages in the tank, the only explosions that occur is if I run over vehicles.  I last just as long in the tank everytime.  Reasons for it dying on me is simply from too much gun fire, eventually smoking the tank in the back side of it, and sooner or later catching fire and exploding on me.  This happens SOLELY just by gun shots from police.  They don't use RPG's or anything.  It'd be more accurate to test using this method of just playing around with the police and avoiding running over cop cars.

Thanks for testing though, dude!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

I'd imagine, considering some of the other corners they've cut, that they didn't make two different Rhinos, one stronger than the other. I could try testing it with gunfire, but I fear that would entail having to heist a tank from the base to check in private and eliminate any variables. I haven't tried actually stealing the tank yet. It seems an exercise in tedium.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, I bought the tank for each character.  I never bothered with stealing that, or a Titan from FZ since for one the Titan can't be stored unless it's on Trevor's HELIPAD via a Save Editor, and the tank at the time I bought them for each character, I thought it was the exact same as the FZ one until someone pointed out two days ago those panels to me, lol

I mean, it's no big deal, I just wanted to see if anyone tested this out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users