A fun way to destroy tanks without sniping them

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic
#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:09 AM Edited by #UpgradeOrDie, 17 January 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Tanks terrorizing the city and don't feel like shooting them out with a sniper rifle? Well try this!

Grab a fast vehicle like a motorcycle and attach at least 4 sticky bombs to it.

Call Lester to hide your blip from the radar -- or if you like the thrill of danger, don't.

Drive really fast behind the tank and either ram into the weak spot backside vents and detonate your sticky bombs to blow it up;

Or do what I do and eject midway ;)

i0ajXQttqJMuc.gif

Have fun!

• The Angel King likes this

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

this has been said before a million times and when i tried this with 5 stickys and right on the back vent with my akuma it didn't kill it, f*ck this sh*t method of wasting god knows how many funbucks and minutes before it kills a tank, sniping or jet is the only way to beat a tank in kills to deaths, not to mention they are more economical.than this too.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

this has been said before a million times and when i tried this with 5 stickys and right on the back vent with my akuma it didn't kill it, f*ck this sh*t method of wasting god knows how many funbucks and minutes before it kills a tank, sniping or jet is the only way to beat a tank in kills to deaths, not to mention they are more economical.than this too.

same here. Tried it twice on same tank and it still wasn't dead

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Well you're doing it wrong obviously.

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:31 AM Edited by Sharks80fr, 17 January 2014 - 11:32 AM.

Or the tank you destroyed already got damaged from other players because i already tried this and it never works, the best way is heavy snipers in driver spot

Hopefully R* will change this because these tanks are just unrealistic, i mean i know it's GTA so not a simulator, but these f*cking tanks already got unlimited ammos and you need more than 10 C4 or rockets to destroy them ... that's just stupid

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

i was as close as could possibly be slightly offcentre towards the left back vent with the 5 stickys on the front lil windscreen of the akuma, It might kill a damaged tank but a new one will laugh at you and then chase you down the road when you spawn in passive.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 17 January 2014 - 11:39 AM.

No, you did it on a damaged tank, obviously.  It's been proven on this forum repeatedly that this method takes multiple attempts unless the tank is already damaged.  It's also had its own thread many times and been discussed on all the other tank threads.  But I guess you wanted this thread so you can post yet another of your boring "LOOK AT ME NAO PLEASE!!" gifs.

Edit: Thanks for the idea.  I'm updating my script that runs on this site to remove gifs from your posts.

• Jolly Swagman likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

I wish I could find more tanks to snipe. The lobbies I get are quiet.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Kodama

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

you were in my lobby and left before i could catch you lol

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:46 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 17 January 2014 - 12:30 PM.

The best way to destroy tanks is to wait until one of your vehicles in garage slot 1 glitches and loses insurance. Take the car out and run it under the tank and it should flip it right over. It works best with vehicles purchased from Legendary Motor Sports but rare vehicles will work too.
If you are unlucky enough not to experience the slot 1 glitch don't worry. Just grab any car off the street and spend a few hundred thousand modding it but make sure that you don't insure. After modding just slam straight into the tank. You will drive right over it and destroy it. If it does not work just keep trying.
  • Ravey Davey likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Lol, didn't notice. Went to eat.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I noticed a distinct lack of tanks last night.  In fact, I noticed a distinct lack of most things last night - tanks, bounties, mercs, muggers, killings, explosives and other players in general.  I hope it picks up again.

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

I wonder if these disputing comments are just trolling because they are afraid newbies will catch on to this and don't want people to use this efficient method since they are tank users themselves, or downright lazy to even test this method out properly lol.

None of you are doing it right. le Sigh. I'll just wait until a non-lazy sod comes in here to prove it works for me which won't be a surprise :p

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 17 January 2014 - 12:14 PM.

I wonder if these disputing comments are just trolling because they are afraid newbies will catch on to this and don't want people to use this efficient method since they are tank users themselves, or downright lazy to even test this method out properly lol.

None of you are doing it right. le Sigh. I'll just wait until a non-lazy sod comes in here to prove it works for me which won't be a surprise :p

The "disputing comments", as you incorrectly put it, are actually facts that have been on this forum a lot longer than you.  Also, in your gif (now blocked, thanks ;)) you can clearly see the tank take 2 explosions at close range before you even see your butch character get on the bike, so like I said before - it only works when the tank is damaged.

Finally, I spend more time killing tank drivers than I do in a tank - a vast amount more time.  So, please don't be foolish enough to suggest that anything like this would ever make me "afraid".  The more ways to stop twankers the better.  This is not effective.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Hopefully R* will change this because these tanks are just unrealistic, i mean i know it's GTA so not a simulator, but these f*cking tanks already got unlimited ammos and you need more than 10 C4 or rockets to destroy them ... that's just stupid

I'm going to go against the grain here and say i think that the tanks should remain how they are.

It's a tank, as much as i don't like them, i don't want them to be weakened too much as it's fun to take them out.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

The "disputing comments", as you incorrectly put it, are actually facts that have been on this forum a lot longer than you.  Also, in your gif (now blocked, thanks ;)) you can clearly see the tank take 2 explosions at close range before you even see your butch character get on the bike, so like I said before - it only works when the tank is damaged.

Finally, I spend more time killing tank drivers than I do in a tank - a vast amount more time.  So, please don't be foolish enough to suggest that anything like this would ever make me "afraid".  The more ways to stop twankers the better.  This is not an effective enough.

So where are your sources about these facts in your quote: "It's been proven on this forum repeatedly that this method takes multiple attempts unless the tank is already damaged."?

At least I have my sources. Research that I've done of course, like this one below -- in the form of your favorite, GIF's :p

Too bad you blocked them so guess you can't see it. Oh well. More creds to me!

ibdmu1ekyHhube.gif

Alarming
  • Alarming

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Should' be like every other Gta game and when you hop in a tank and start blasting you get 5 stars and the army coming after you.

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Should' be like every other Gta game and when you hop in a tank and start blasting you get 5 stars and the army coming after you.

That stopped after GTA IV I think. Used to be 6 stars right? 5 stars was when the Feds came after you.

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:34 PM Edited by Ecstasyisfun, 17 January 2014 - 12:35 PM.

Finally, I spend more time killing tank drivers than I do in a tank - a vast amount more time.  So, please don't be foolish enough to suggest that anything like this would ever make me "afraid".  The more ways to stop twankers the better.  This is not an effective enough.

So where are your sources about these facts in your quote: "It's been proven on this forum repeatedly that this method takes multiple attempts unless the tank is already damaged."?

At least I have my sources. Research that I've done of course, like this one below -- in the form of your favorite, GIF's :p

ibdmu1ekyHhube.gif

go get a friend and make him sit in the tank (undamaged of course) and not shoot and just drive a bike with 5 stickys into the back and blow it up and see how and many times it takes to blow him up and you will see why its not a good idea.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:35 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 17 January 2014 - 12:36 PM.

"My" sources (again with the incorrect assumptions) are in this very forum in the discussions that most members (or regulars, at least) are fully aware of.  You only come here to post your gifs, so you wouldn't know this.

Incidentally, I *can* see your gifs if I want to.  I just don't have to be presented with them every time I open a thread that you've posted in.  See this screenshot for an example...

Spoiler
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

"My" sources (again with the incorrect assumptions) are in this very forum in the discussions that most members (or regulars, at least) are fully aware of.  You only come here to post your gifs, so you wouldn't know this.

Incidentally, I *can* see your gifs if I want to.  I just don't have to be presented with them every time I open a thread that you've posted in.  See this screenshot for an example...

crap-gif-hidden_zps058f4cf8.jpg

Smh. Did I hurt you or something?

Anyway, you go straight to my ignore list since I've stalked your previous posting record on other sites you silly monkey lol

http://community.cal...85#.UtkiObS3uHs

Flame bait more please, really :)

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Regardless of the argument going on in this thread, you are wrong OP. The guy's right in saying check the thousands of other tank posts in this forum. Plenty of people on here have done extensive tests regarding tanks.

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Smh. Did I hurt you or something?

Anyway, you go straight to my ignore list since I've stalked your previous posting record on other sites you silly monkey lol

http://community.cal...85#.UtkiObS3uHs

Flame bait more please, really :)

I was simply correcting you (your incorrect "advice" in this thread), and pointed out that your gifs are boring.

And LOL at that very lame attempt to "stalk" me.  Well done for finding a rebuttal post in a forum from over 3 years ago.  I'm proper shook up by that invasion of privacy.

My turn...

Smh.

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

Creative Genius

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

The best way to destroy tanks is to wait until one of your vehicles in garage slot 1 glitches and loses insurance. Take the car out and run it under the tank and it should flip it right over. It works best with vehicles purchased from Legendary Motor Sports but rare vehicles will work too.
If you are unlucky enough not to experience the slot 1 glitch don't worry. Just grab any car off the street and spend a few hundred thousand modding it but make sure that you don't insure. After modding just slam straight into the tank. You will drive right over it and destroy it. If it does not work just keep trying.

Hopefully no one is dumb enough to fall for this troll. But it is GTA Forums so you never know.

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hopefully no one is dumb enough to fall for this troll. But it is GTA Forums so you never know.

GTA Forums always trolls.

Well, the info is out there so make use of it however you like everybody ;)

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:53 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 17 January 2014 - 12:57 PM.

SMH at all of you, stop acting like little girls.

If you can't be civil to each other, don't bother posting. 

P.S. Posting other member's personal information is a sure fire way of getting yourself a verbal warning. 

• Furry_Monkey and #UpgradeOrDie like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users