Quantcast

» «
Photo

It's official! My game is broken.

Best Answer Spuds725, 18 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

It would be a good idea to utilize more then one save slot-- they give you 15 slots-- use them.

I keep my current save rotated between 3 slots (every time I save I save in 3rd slot and this moves it to the top as my most recent) and then made a new slot every 5 or 10% when plaything through the game--- if the game screws up, go back to a recent/earlier save.

I turned off autosave months ago-- the quick save negates the need for this and IMO only can cause problems (besides putting all your eggs in one basket).

Go to the full post

9 replies to this topic
AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Just want to say thank you to Rockstar for completely making my game unplayable with patch 1.09. I installed it this morning and right after that I tried playing it, except I was stuck at the loading screen for 15 minutes so i decided to restart my console and sign out. So I tried again and miraculously the game did load! Except that about 10 minutes later my game froze! I have been doing this over and over again and I keep getting the same result, 10-15 minutes into my game it just freezes. So Rockstar, thanks again. 

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:38 AM Edited by Militia, 17 January 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Completely disable PSN/Internet.  Numerous people have stated these topics already in the Troubleshooting section of the forum.

Am I the ONLY one that has a glitch free game?  Keeping in mind, I am playing on Patch 1.08 and do NOT EVER touch the Online part of the game.  Online just f*cks your game...

ZakeBudek
  • ZakeBudek

As elusive as Robert Denby.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

How old is your PS3? Do other games work when this happens? DVDs or Blurays play? When the GTAV disc acted up or wouldn't be recognized, other games wouldn't be recognized. The laser died on mine (a slow death), being at least 5 years old.   And I had all the symptoms you describe, it would load and freeze, not load at all, etc. - regular old DVDs would tend to always work. For a while it would work well if I let the PS3 warm-up, i.e. just turn it on for about an hour, then load the GTAV disc and it was okay. I kind of blame GTAV for killing the laser, but it was quite old and what computer works well after 5 years?

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:44 PM Edited by Blackous666, 17 January 2014 - 07:49 PM.

dont worry .. since 1.07 my game started to f*ck up too ... for example texture flicekring, game freezing etc ;)

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

How old is your PS3? Do other games work when this happens? DVDs or Blurays play? When the GTAV disc acted up or wouldn't be recognized, other games wouldn't be recognized. The laser died on mine (a slow death), being at least 5 years old.   And I had all the symptoms you describe, it would load and freeze, not load at all, etc. - regular old DVDs would tend to always work. For a while it would work well if I let the PS3 warm-up, i.e. just turn it on for about an hour, then load the GTAV disc and it was okay. I kind of blame GTAV for killing the laser, but it was quite old and what computer works well after 5 years?

My PS3 is only a year and a bit old (super slim model) and as far as I know this is only happening with GTA V, every other game working fine. I disconnected from PSN, the game loaded but of course it froze 10 minutes later. Come on R*.

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by Blackous666, 18 January 2014 - 11:01 AM.

Adrew.. try to reinstall the game.. this happened to me 1 year ago with RDR undead nightmare.. ...freezing, lags etc... reinstallation fixed it ;)

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:58 PM   Best Answer

It would be a good idea to utilize more then one save slot-- they give you 15 slots-- use them.

I keep my current save rotated between 3 slots (every time I save I save in 3rd slot and this moves it to the top as my most recent) and then made a new slot every 5 or 10% when plaything through the game--- if the game screws up, go back to a recent/earlier save.

I turned off autosave months ago-- the quick save negates the need for this and IMO only can cause problems (besides putting all your eggs in one basket).

Aexra
  • Aexra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

I'm fed up with all those issues, last Rockstar product I will ever purchase., 

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

I'm on Xbox, have the latest patch, played online and have auto save enabled. So far, my game only froze once and that's because I had my system running for more than 12 hours. I believe the PS3 users are affected a lot more than the 360 users.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

So I saved in a new save slot and everything seems to be working fine now! Thanks for all the answers everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users