NOAH

20 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:09 AM Edited by GunWrath, 17 January 2014 - 06:52 AM.

fd6fe0237f9b196e27d95cb2f4daaa1e.png

IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1959490/

Director:

Darren Aronofsky

(Black Swan director)

Cast:

Russell Crow (Gladiator)

Emma Watson (Harry Potter, Hot British chick)

Jennifer Connelly (Hulk)

Logan Lerman (Percy Jackon)

Anthony Hopkins

The Biblical Noah suffers visions of an apocalyptic deluge and takes measures to protect his family from the coming flood.

I'm sure we aren't all the religious type but I've always enjoyed movies like this and of biblical plagues and such.. not to mention the Ridley Scott film upcoming called Exodus.

Here's to hoping this film will be a good watch and I have no doubt that Russell will deliver quite awesomely.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

If Emma Watson is in it I'll watch it.

I've never even watched a minute of that harry potter crap though and I never will....

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:48 AM Edited by Werebot85, 17 January 2014 - 06:50 AM.

Just watched the trailer. Looks epic. I'll definitely go see this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

Added the trailer, thanks for reminding me :p

Also, Crowe and Hopkins.. should definitely be a decent film.. even Ray Winstone. Definitely on my list.. this may even be a film I go to the theater for and I'm not a big theater person.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

I've never even watched a minute of that harry potter crap though and I never will....

You are a fiend, Harry Potter is one of the best movie series ever made.

• DeafMetal and TaviColen123 like this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

I have no interest in magic or fantasy or dragons or any of that stuff so it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

I would definitely wanted to see this movie. As mostly a religious person as well as a disaster movie fanatic, I definitely can't wait to see it.

Also, why isn't Noah 5 centuries old? He should be somewhere nearly a frail old man not a muscular one like Russell Crow. But either that is just my depiction of what really happened in the Bible.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

At one point during production they had to postpone because of rain.

This little fact makes me happier than the film will ever be able to.

• xrk likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

I have no interest in magic or fantasy or dragons or any of that stuff so it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Yeah, because a patriarch from the bible building an ark that incorporates 2 of each species on this planet is not fantasy at all. :rol:

• Failure, Toke, CatDog96 and 1 other like this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

You know exactly what I mean

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

I honestly think this looks like crap and groaned when I first saw the trailer in theaters.

another Hollywood white-wash and glorification of nonsense.

ever since my girlfriend dragged me to see The Passion of the Christ, I have a sour taste in my mouth for any of these sappy attempts at 'Biblical history.'

aside from the fact that the story is a joke and only reinforces crazy people's ideas about crazy sh*t, it just looks ridiculous. once again you have an ancient story that is rooted deeply in Arabic tradition originating from the Mesopotamian valley and the cradle of civilization.

you know, the place where everyone has brown skin and thick, black hair.

but they just cast pretty, cute, little white people to play every character. ugh...

/end rant

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:17 AM Edited by GunWrath, 19 January 2014 - 04:18 AM.

^ Buzz Killington, everyone. They cast on popularity though.. people don't want to pay moeny to see a film with someone they don't recognize or never seen before. Russell Crowe can do the job as well as Hopkins. I'm not saying this is going to be the best movie ever.. but those two actors sold me. They never let me down.. sometimes a film isn't all about it's story or plot or political correctness to me, sometimes I enjoy to watch a film with decent acting. This will probably be it.

Quit your bitching and go order your tickets now. :p

• TaviColen123 likes this

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:52 PM Edited by elanman, 19 January 2014 - 08:12 PM.

I honestly think this looks like crap and groaned when I first saw the trailer in theaters.

another Hollywood white-wash and glorification of nonsense.

ever since my girlfriend dragged me to see The Passion of the Christ, I have a sour taste in my mouth for any of these sappy attempts at 'Biblical history.'

aside from the fact that the story is a joke and only reinforces crazy people's ideas about crazy sh*t, it just looks ridiculous. once again you have an ancient story that is rooted deeply in Arabic tradition originating from the Mesopotamian valley and the cradle of civilization.

you know, the place where everyone has brown skin and thick, black hair.

but they just cast pretty, cute, little white people to play every character. ugh...

/end rant

I agree with the last bit. How hard would it have been to cast some Mizrahim Jews who look like, and speak in a similar manner to, the people being portrayed?

Not really my thing to be honest, but if Christians enjoy the film, that's all for the good (G-d knows they don't get to enjoy much :p ).

Diablo: Your chick made you watch that? I pity you there, mate--I'd rather chew shards of broken glass soaked in rat piss than watch that sh*te.

The key problem with this is that the film will probably be loaded with Christian allegory, with Russel Crowe being seen as some sort of "Messianic" figure, even though that's not the intention of the story (it is a Jewish tale after all).

Emma Watson might make it worth watching though. Gal Gadot surely would've made more sense though.

With all that said, GW raises a good point--the actors are very good and that might make it watchable for its own sake.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

^ Buzz Killington, everyone.

Quit your bitching and go order your tickets now. :p

I wouldn't be caught dead.

you can blame Mel Gibson for my attitude about these kinds of films.

ripping off and white washing the Bible is basically Hollywood's version of a snuff film.

and I'm not even religious.

Your chick made you watch that? I pity you there, mate--I'd rather chew shards of broken glass soaked in rat piss than watch that sh*te.

it's one of those times where you have to let her pick something.

relationships are endless give and take. you'd be surprised what you put up with once you find some acceptable pussy.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

I liked it better the first time when it was Evan Almighty.

• milkmansun and GunWrath like this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

The key problem with this is that the film will probably be loaded with Christian allegory, with Russel Crowe being seen as some sort of "Messianic" figure, even though that's not the intention of the story (it is a Jewish tale after all).

The fact that this film is directed by Darren Aronofsky gives me hope that we're not going to have some kind of religious propaganda shoved down our throats. It'll probably have a few Biblical references here and there and I can live with that.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Girish, on 20 Jan 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

elanman, on 19 Jan 2014 - 9:52 PM, said:

The fact that this film is directed by Darren Aronofsky gives me hope that we're not going to have some kind of religious propaganda shoved down our throats. It'll probably have a few Biblical references here and there and I can live with that.

Yes, i dont think Darren Aronofsky ever made a bad movie, i enjoyed even The Fountain which was his weakest film but still pretty good . Lets have some faith in him at least .

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

I just checked his filmography and I haven't seen any of his movies yet. Noah will be my first

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

Werebot85, on 23 Jan 2014 - 9:18 PM, said:

I just checked his filmography and I haven't seen any of his movies yet. Noah will be my first

You should check out Requiem for a Dream, its one of the most depressing movies i have ever seen but its so well made and realistic that its totally worth it .

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

So is this movie any good ? the movie is banned from where i live 

Regarding Exodus movie....

Screen-shot-2014-01-13-at-9.43.43-PM.png

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

Scion Of The Flame

• Facade Corporation
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:05 AM Edited by darthvader20011, 06 April 2014 - 06:34 PM.

I will take a look on it, especially on Emma (dat beatiful chick) ;)
EDIT:I think I will see the movie today, I hope Emma hasn't a sh*tty role :D
EDIT2: That stupid sh*tty f*ckin' cinema hasn't more places free... :( . Maybe tomorrow I will watch it or I'll wait for a CAM version (LOL I want to see Emma fast!!!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users