• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic
armyraidfail404
  • armyraidfail404

I do happen to be a cat.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

I apologise if I missed a thread on this but it's a really volatile question. I want your opinion on the single player part, the online and the DLCs that are coming out...put them together and tell me whether or not you think that GTA V deserves a Game Of The Year award.

Of course, before the game was released it would be like someone having doubts that some guy would accept a million dollar gift, nowadays is different after we have seen what is truthfully GTA V.

Single Player is good for me in story terms, but it does not come down to the overall hate of Yoga, cause there is some pretty good stuff going on in this game. Darts is awesome hands down but I don't like heading all the way to Sandy Shores just to play it. I don't mind Gang Wars not being in their because it would be the same as San Andreas...annoying ****, which gives me more time to look for the thousands of collectibles such as submarine and spaceship parts. Strangers and Freaks are pretty good too, but not enough money comes out of that. I like the rewards for doing them however, such as Space Docker. I was surprised however that the rest of San Andreas was not in the game, despite R* clearly stating *Southern California*. Gambling is what I miss, cause it can really turn a profit. Heists are different cause I was expecting to be able to rob banks, that are usually found everywhere but are empty?

Online, I can't comment on it but from what I heard, I hate it. Not because of it's gameplay but because of how it takes the spotlight from singleplayer. Literally I think that out of the 8 gigabytes of installation, Online takes about 6 gigabytes.

I haven't played DLC yet, but I heard that the Beach Bum one is pretty good for a freebie.

Overall, the story deserves an oscar and the Online will take Battlefields already awesome Online mode. DLC will take good standings if the gameplay additions are still free and Story DLCs are priced. Conclusion, yeah GTA V = GOTY edition (with Blimp Bonus) :)

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

I haven't really played anything else this year besides GTA V. It's a solid game with lots to do, and it keeps me occupied. I'd say it's GOTY material, but I wouldn't be mad if someone else thought it wasn't. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• fac316 likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:35 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 17 January 2014 - 03:36 AM.

Inb4 redx.

Anyway, it's all down to opinion. My game of the year this year is Bioshock Infinite. For others, it could be GTA 5 or TLoU. Hell, someone may find Aliens: Colonial Marines as GOTY

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

GTA V is in second place in GOTY awards. Its getting beat by a better game. 

• grumpy cat meme likes this

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:16 AM Edited by Fluttershy Pony, 17 January 2014 - 04:16 AM.

GTA V didn't deserve game of the year, but since standards for games keep going down, it's better than most, but still doesn't deserve it. DLC is a greedy scam, companies cut content and sell it back, don't support it, they're going to squeeze as much as they can with GTA V, and any game that does that doesn't deserve being recognised in a good way. They focused way too much on online, so us single player gamers get a game with a bunch of major bugs that they still haven't fixed.

What good does "Game of the Year" do anyway? It's all paid scores, hype, how much online content there is, and how much DLC it has. Any game that focuses on single player and has no DLC is banned from being game of the year, it's up to you to decide if a game is good.

• tom_p1980 and matajuegos01 like this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:20 AM Edited by Bonnano, 17 January 2014 - 04:21 AM.

Lol, it's a f*cking miracle you haven't seen the banhammer yet.

You are worse than Zidane.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

Zidane was a troll. All I'm doing is stating a simple fact. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

It's getting beat in GOTY awards - Fact

It's getting beat by a better game - Opinion 

• DeafMetal, GTAboob, Bonnano and 1 other like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by Osho, 17 January 2014 - 07:09 AM.

Overall, the story deserves an oscar 

One need to also consider last titles as well. In which case, GTA V Story is not up to the mark albeit written down well. Oscars are not given for entertainment value but creative and original writing. Anyone who thinks they consider V must be dreaming.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

GTA V didn't deserve game of the year, but since standards for games keep going down, it's better than most, but still doesn't deserve it. DLC is a greedy scam, companies cut pcontent and sell it back, don't support it, they're going to squeeze as much as they can with GTA V, and any game that does that doesn't deserve being recognised in a good way. They focused way too much on online, so us single player gamers get a game with a bunch of major bugs that they still haven't fixed.

What good does "Game of the Year" do anyway? It's all paid scores, hype, how much online content there is, and how much DLC it has. Any game that focuses on single player and has no DLC is banned from being game of the year, it's up to you to decide if a game is good.

They need to focus on single player as online has been bug free since release.

Single player is loaded with bugs though I am yet to find any.

The Last Of Us is dull.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

It's all subjective. I think if we do this coldly based on mechanics, gameplay length, and technical innovation, GTA V stomps quite easily. I think GTA V is easily the best game of the year if you ask me, and deserves every and all rewards thrown its way. I loved TLoU but it gets away with too much based on the story; A.I. troubles, shooting mechanics, and some sluggish parts of the story, for example. I thought the main complaints from V were more in regards to what isn't in it and not what is faulty in it. There are some things in it that annoy me (windshield deaths, anyone?) but most of them seem to be that way on purpose, not due to an overview in development.

As far as online modes... I thought GTA Online was pretty sh*tty for a GTA Online mode given what we had in Red Dead Redemption, but when we take out the "GTA" from the name, I think it's still much better than online modes offered from other games.

The other games this year I don't really think they can compete with either of these two. Some of them are f*cking awesome, like Blood Dragon, though, just not on the same tier as GTA V imo. Did I mention Blood Dragon? Anyone who hasn't played it needs to play that sh*t, ESPECIALLY if you loved the 80s vibe of Vice City.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

since release?

no doubt that single player will be considered as well. 

one at a time they will address all the issues since it's a huge game.

moreover, we have not received a substantial single player update. zero updates, so no need to be critical about sp in advance.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:36 AM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 17 January 2014 - 07:38 AM.

That is an opinion.

Gta V is one of the best games of 2013, with an excellent story, but, like every other game, it has it's flaws. The online ruins it with the bugs and the hackers. As for DLC, only one has released, so I'll have to wait before judging them.

TLOU-Best story/Oscar
GTA V/Tlou- game of the year. Both games are fantastic, imo.

Gta v has some new mechanics, which is excellent, but there are minor issues that need to be sorted out.
  • GTA-Freak-iX, Bonnano and Luuk' like this

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

The Last of Us can win as many awards as it can because I personally think it deserves it but GTA V won the major one (VGX) and besides GOTY is just based on people's opinion so it's not that big of a deal

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

I apologise if I missed a thread on this but it's a really volatile question. I want your opinion on the single player part, the online and the DLCs that are coming out...put them together and tell me whether or not you think that GTA V deserves a Game Of The Year award.

Of course, before the game was released it would be like someone having doubts that some guy would accept a million dollar gift, nowadays is different after we have seen what is truthfully GTA V.

Single Player is good for me in story terms, but it does not come down to the overall hate of Yoga, cause there is some pretty good stuff going on in this game. Darts is awesome hands down but I don't like heading all the way to Sandy Shores just to play it. I don't mind Gang Wars not being in their because it would be the same as San Andreas...annoying ****, which gives me more time to look for the thousands of collectibles such as submarine and spaceship parts. Strangers and Freaks are pretty good too, but not enough money comes out of that. I like the rewards for doing them however, such as Space Docker. I was surprised however that the rest of San Andreas was not in the game, despite R* clearly stating *Southern California*. Gambling is what I miss, cause it can really turn a profit. Heists are different cause I was expecting to be able to rob banks, that are usually found everywhere but are empty?

Online, I can't comment on it but from what I heard, I hate it. Not because of it's gameplay but because of how it takes the spotlight from singleplayer. Literally I think that out of the 8 gigabytes of installation, Online takes about 6 gigabytes.

I haven't played DLC yet, but I heard that the Beach Bum one is pretty good for a freebie.

Overall, the story deserves an oscar and the Online will take Battlefields already awesome Online mode. DLC will take good standings if the gameplay additions are still free and Story DLCs are priced. Conclusion, yeah GTA V = GOTY edition (with Blimp Bonus) :)

I'll have whatever crack pipe you've been smoking.

PolarBearDontCare
  • PolarBearDontCare

Taco's Are Better

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Forza 5

• GTAboob likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

And the award for Best Game of the Year containing a Tank:  GTA Online  :/

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

It's Game of the Year for me. :)

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

GTA V didn't deserve game of the year, but since standards for games keep going down, it's better than most, but still doesn't deserve it. DLC is a greedy scam, companies cut pcontent and sell it back, don't support it, they're going to squeeze as much as they can with GTA V, and any game that does that doesn't deserve being recognised in a good way. They focused way too much on online, so us single player gamers get a game with a bunch of major bugs that they still haven't fixed.

Single player is loaded with bugs though I am yet to find any.

The Last Of Us is dull.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

It's getting beat in GOTY awards - Fact
It's getting beat by a better game - Opinion
Y'know what? I think I have finally figured out what's wrong with redx. His brain isn't developed enough to understand the difference between a fact and an opinion.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:26 PM Edited by tikhung01, 17 January 2014 - 12:26 PM.

GTA V DID deserve GOTY. It's just perfect in every aspect.

"Everything from driving and shooting...To tennis and bike riding, feels fun and responsive."

Looks like Rockstar didn't lie to us.

• GTAboob and Lowi like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

You're stating a simple opinion. Please do not claim your opinion is fact. 

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:50 PM Edited by Osho, 17 January 2014 - 01:10 PM.

"Everything from driving and shooting...To tennis and bike riding, feels fun and responsive."

it feels fun but at a lot of places controllers make it unplayable, may be I am hesitant to pick one instead of KB+M but still not a smooth experience. There are quite a lot of functions attached to one controller.

the main problem, imo is the shooting and aiming; they still feel inferior to the terrific pc one's.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

GTA V is best game in history of games. GOTY 2013

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:42 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 17 January 2014 - 01:42 PM.

GTA5, the best Yoga sim since Your Shape:Fitness Evolved.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I rarely have time to play video games but when I do with friends I'll play 2k, madden and call of duty, I play gta by myself (THE way it should be played!!!) and to me V is my favorite game of all time. I can't really think what game this year had an impact like gta V, maybe the last of us, but The zombie market feels to saturated for my taste.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

You're stating a simple opinion. Please do not claim your opinion is fact. 

Its not a opinion with proof backing you up. That's a fact that I keep saying. 

If a game truly is GOTY it would have the most awards. Well GTA V doesn't. 

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

this should win sp maybe goty mp glitchy game of the year

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Nope.

This.

gaming-the-last-of-us-cover-art.jpg

• redx165 and Woll Smoth like this

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Nope.

This.

gaming-the-last-of-us-cover-art.jpg

Thank you for showing the fanboys the true GOTY. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users