903 replies to this topic
PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

This is pretty much like the one in the GTA V forum. Although the game's nearly 6 years old so I guess most things about it are already known, but then again I always discover something new. Maybe there could be a few things not everyone knows, but either way it's still cool to discuss. :)

Anyway I'll start.

-It's possible to use the internet Cafe before "Logging On" thus contradicting Niko's claim during the mission that he hasn't logged on "here" yet.

-Liberty City's very cold at this time of the year. You can see Niko's breath in the air everytime time he breathes.

-The opening credits bear a striking resemblance to RDR's as Niko and John both arrive at their destination via a boat and cars are lifted off. It's likely R* San Diego used GTA IV as inspiration. Or it's just a timely coincidence.

-Sometimes after an intense situation such as a shootout or a fist fight Niko will usually display an angry facial expression which goes back to his default expression a short time after.

-Various drug dealers are around Liberty City. Mostly in alleyways and sometimes in Outlook Park. They offer their product to peds. Some peds will buy while others will refuse angrily usually telling the dealer to "f*ck off".

-In GTA IV if you visit the site of the Hercules nightclub (TBOGT) in the vanilla game it's just a random texture.

-Police officers can buy newspapers from newstands.

-Girlfirends are very noticing of what Niko wears/drives. Not only will they comment on his clothing/car, but if you visit them again with something different they usually say something like "I miss those glasses" or "this car is a big improvement over the old one".

• Mister Pink, gnad.1992, GAMIR_GTA and 24 others like this

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

Shalissa

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

I never knew some of this stuff such as the drug dealers! It's amazing the amount of detail Rockstar puts in their games. I love finding the small things in the game.

Some stuff I found out: 

-if you blow up this box by a gas station (it was the one near the air port) you can crawl in it an do box surfing.

That's all i can think of right now.

• Saranis and Aerosmithfan999 like this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:10 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 06 March 2015 - 12:36 AM.

- All NPCs have dialogue that they would use to pick up prostitutes, even ones that don't spawn in areas where prostitutes do. (Therefore making them hiring one impossible). Their lines can be heard using SparkIV or OpenIV.

- After multiple dates, each potential girlfriend will make a large proposition. Carmen will ask Niko to buy her a condo in Algonquin, Kiki will ask Niko if he is planning to marry her, and Alex will open up to Niko about her abusive mother.

- Alex is the most unique girlfriend. She is the only one that Niko confides in, talking about his life in the war and his crimes. Unfortunately she doesn't believe him, so he says that he works in construction. She also writes a blog (LiberatedWoman on blogsnobs.org), and will write about the dates she has with Niko as well as the sex afterward if Niko is invited in for coffee.

- Roman can be called after every couple of missions in order for a unique conversation.

- Roman can also be called after the first date with a new girlfriend. He will respond negatively to Kiki, calling her too proper for Niko, but positively to Carmen and Alex since they're both hot and young.

- The kill that finally gets to Niko is, surprisingly, Ray Boccino. If you call Roman after Pest Control he says that he's not sure how much longer he can work as a hired gun.

- The only time Niko drinks alcohol without the player's consent is in One Last Thing, probably because he assumed that he wouldn't be working.

- There is an artwork that is not in any loading screens (360, PS3 or PC), but still remains in the files. I'll post it below.

- Darko Brevic has unique teeth. They are more decayed and yellow than, for example, Niko's or Elizabeta's.

- Little Jacob speaks in Iyaric, while Badman speaks Jamaican Patois. This makes the latter even harder for Niko to understand.

- In earlier versions of the game, Maxwell Caughlin's name was Maxwell Caddy. I got it day one, so mine still says Caddy. The same is true of Shon Kikuchi; it was originally Simon.

For some reason I remember this artwork, but it was taken out of the game so I don't know where from.

Spaghetti_Kill_zpsb293417a.png

• Mister Pink, GTA_dog, PulpFiction and 24 others like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

-Across the street from the famous 'Swingset Glitch' is a bus stop. Blowing it up with a rocket launcher will mysteriously cause it to disappear.

-Go to the large apartment complexes in southeast Algonquin near the bridge. Go to the entrance and look under the rubbish against the wall(shoot it out of the way). There are holes that fall into bluehell. Each building has a few of them. Looks like Rockstar just forgot to place sidewalk or grass there.

-Every balcony is solid and can be stood on. These make for great sniping posts, assuming you have a helicopter and good angling skills.

If I remember more I'll post them. It's been a while since I've played IV, though.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

I never knew some of this stuff such as the drug dealers! It's amazing the amount of detail Rockstar puts in their games. I love finding the small things in the game.

It took me a while to notice them too. Another interesting fact is the voice actor who says "wanna get f*cked up?" is also used by some drug dealers in CTW.

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:29 PM Edited by lilchris131, 17 January 2014 - 12:32 PM.

-Gracie Ancelotti can be kidnapped as early as before doing "Taking in the Trash" for Ray Boccino. or she could be kidnapped as late as after "That Special Someone", depending on how you play the game. She could be held by the McRearys for just a couple of days to several weeks.

-Also, if you complete the mission "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" after "Pest Control", you will hear a completely different conversation while driving Packie home from Charge Island. Niko will say he wants to silence Bulgarin once and for all, and Packie will tell him not to say what he wishes for out loud because it won't come true (this foreshadows Bulgarin instead being killed by Luis).

• Peiva's Laahdin likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

- Police officers have the name ''John Grimes'' written on their nametags

- FIB agents were ment to have more accessories such as hats and glasses.

- The Police officers at the booths in one of the bridges were ment to be Traffic Enforcement Bereu Officers, but were simply changed to normal LCPD officers. Their files still exist on the game.

- NOOSE operatives are the only ones to do hand-to-hand signals, although it's just an animation.

- The Annihilators spawned outside the wanted levels have NOOSE Pilots, the ones in the wanted levels have normal operatives.

- LCPD Officers are able to arrest NPCs and bring them to their vehicles, after a while they will just drop them anywhere and continue with their patrol.

- If you decide to fight with somebody and you're quick enough to pull out a gun they'll go limping.

- Gay pedestrians have female scream sound effects.

- When it rains police officers will wear coats and hats with plastic wrapped around them.

- If you tip a Busker more than 300$ they will give you a ring tone called ''St. Thomas''

- You can spot pizza stack employees in alderney.

• KingGTAV, Rockstar Games™, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:19 PM Edited by Werebot85, 17 January 2014 - 01:25 PM.

The amount of detail that went into this game is amazing. When you're driving, turn off the radio and you'll hear a clanking sound when you drive over a manhole cover. Just a small detail I noticed one day, but cool haha. Don't know if all manhole covers does this however... 

You guys didn't know about this... right? :p

• albanyave, PsychoGamer and Touge Spirit Leader like this

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

- In earlier versions of the game, Maxwell Caughlin's name was Maxwell Caddy. I got it day one, so mine still says Caddy.

Question:
Is the "Maxwell Caddy" version only available on Consoles or also on PC?
Because I'm pretty sure my PC version also says Caddy, but I'll check my PS3 version as well.

About the NPCs having lines for prostitutes, that could technically work if you follow them for eternity until they finally reach the point where prostitutes spawn.

-The PS3 version has a different phone texture, the "call" button is blue just like the "X" button on the controller. On the PC and 360 version it's green just like the "A" button on the 360 controller.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

- In earlier versions of the game, Maxwell Caughlin's name was Maxwell Caddy. I got it day one, so mine still says Caddy.

Question:
Is the "Maxwell Caddy" version only available on Consoles or also on PC?
Because I'm pretty sure my PC version also says Caddy, but I'll check my PS3 version as well.

About the NPCs having lines for prostitutes, that could technically work if you follow them for eternity until they finally reach the point where prostitutes spawn.

-The PS3 version has a different phone texture, the "call" button is blue just like the "X" button on the controller. On the PC and 360 version it's green just like the "A" button on the 360 controller.

I don't know. I've got Caddy on my Xbox360, but it's since I got it day one. I also happen to have the game on PC and PS3, but it says Caughlin on the latter two.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Thug

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

I noticed not long time ago that you can find electricians fixing the power suply thingies with a wrench in the top of some poles around the city (the one i saw was in north holland, pretty close to the tower where you can find the sniper rifle, near the sea).

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Pacifist, Pilot IRL.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Driving under certain bridges and tunnels causes your phone to interfere with your radio, creating a signature static sound. 

The 'Pager' ringtone option is the song 'Grand Theft Auto,' and is the same tone as the one in GTA III. 

There is an image of a train, or similar looking object, in the interior of the Stallion. 

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

One thing I forgot about, if you go on the subway under the Algonquin bridge you can hear cars crashing which are on top of the bridge (almost like the cars are crashing into the train, even though they are technically above it).

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

driving a cop car near an NPC arrest will cause the cop and NPC to get into your car, resulting in a wanted level.

• GTA_dog likes this

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

¿ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

I only have one, I noticed recently.

Niko will treat gay people as female NPCs, I stole a car and niko pushed the gay looking man out the other side saying 'Sorry lady!'

Never knw that till last week.

• GTA_dog and NeatSquid like this

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

I only have one, I noticed recently.

Niko will treat gay people as female NPCs, I stole a car and niko pushed the gay looking man out the other side saying 'Sorry lady!'

Never knw that till last week.

The gay NPCs also use female screams and some of them use female walking animations.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

Niko's name was mentioned in the TV series 'Criminal Minds'.

• Spider-Vice, GTA_dog, PulpFiction and 22 others like this

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

Leave a message.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

Actual spoiler ahead

Spoiler

Zello
  • Zello

Justin Bieber's Husband

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

-There are mailmen actually going about their business

-In Castle gardens close to the poop deck in the park area just before the fountain where you do a mission for Francis If you look at the yellow bricks they make the Rockstar logo.

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:54 AM

There is a nature walk near elizabeta's apartment in bohan

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Actual spoiler ahead

Spoiler

that never happened. 

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

Leave a message.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:44 AM Edited by Ermac., 18 January 2014 - 08:59 AM.

Actual spoiler ahead

Spoiler

that never happened. 

• GAMIR_GTA, UltraGizmo64, Rockstar Games™ and 2 others like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

-Kiki actually stalks Niko if he has other girlfriends.

• MrPeteyMax, Boxguy21X and NeatSquid like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

All hope lies in Doom.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Wow, Ermac.

Almost six years later, and this is still news for me. Makes the Deal ending even more of a kick in the balls. I always imagined Niko found peace after Deal, took over Roman's business in his name, married Kate and took care of Mallorie and her kid.

Kind of ironic that in the ending, where Niko sort of deals with his past and lets the hate go, life turns out worst for him.

First Johnny turning into a junkie and now this... kind of disappointing that Luis, the biggest assh*le of IV protags is the only one to get a happy ending.

• GTA_dog, Shenmue18, simonp92 and 10 others like this

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:58 PM Edited by lilchris131, 18 January 2014 - 09:58 PM.

Apparently Kate dumping Niko after the Deal ending is exclusive to the PC version. Which sucks.

I know it's unavailable to me on the PS3 version, anyway.

• TheBigMish96 likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Sucks that it's only PC exclusive. That's pretty deep.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

- The radio makes a tinny feedback noise when your cell rings

- When you're in a car with Little Jacob, you can break the window and see smoke billowing out the window

- After the mission where Brucie asks you to date and kill the gay guy, you can see Niko's gay profile in Love Meet. After a few missions, Niko's profile changes to straight.

- Steam rises out of manhole covers

- You can visit a website to buy some new ringtones

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

-Little Jacob also throws out empty cans via the window of the car. 

-Exhaust fumes are going with the wind (which is super cool).

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

You can use Tom Goldberg's computer as you would use the internet cafes.

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

*sees all of this info*
*puts IV disc into Xbox*
  • Sprue, Mar.K, krazyace000 and 14 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users