Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA IV

2,114 replies to this topic
lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Fair enough. I remember it being mentioned somewhere that a patch increased the debris though.

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

in Blow your cover Niko gets paid but in buyer's market johnny doesn't probably because he would have gotten money from the deal, whereas niko was paid beforehand by Elizabetha for being a a bodyguard in a way.

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I find it hilarious that the number 69 is everywhere but the gayest guy ever wears 68 on his tracksuit.

• Testeuros likes this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

i found a place you can´t enter( everything is solid) but the cool thing is you can shoot through the glass at the wall inside.

Pf3VMYT.jpg

it´s located here

fiqYrZ3.jpg

• Jeansowaty, Neon_Dreaming and MrBellicLC like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

If you complete Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend right after Pest Control, the dialogue between Niko and Packie that occurs on their way back to the McReary's house will be different.

• Jeansowaty and Van Nelle like this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

• You can increase the firing rate of a sniper riffe by mashing the crouch and fire button's together. This also works with the shotgun too.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

If you complete Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend right after Pest Control, the dialogue between Niko and Packie that occurs on their way back to the McReary's house will be different.

Oh yeah, I also heard that you can call Ray after some missions. Has anyone tried that?

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

If a police officer is draving a cab, he can provide the taxi service. I just whistle him and the now-hatless pig pulled over and asked me where I wanna go... I rushed him and the next thing I knew was being upside down in the highway lol.
  • B Dawg, Femme Fatale, otachi and 2 others like this

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Oh yeah, I also heard that you can call Ray after some missions. Has anyone tried that?

It's automatic, and depends on what order you do the missions since Ray can be killed before they are completed. Ray initiates two of them and Niko calls on his own for the third.

The first one is after Pegorino's Pride:

Ray: So, Nicky, you and the Peg is getting close I see?
Niko: He's got work, he pays. That's about it.
Ray: Yeah? Well, remember who made the introduction. Remember who brought you in, don't you forget about me. If you wanted to pass something up to me... pay me some tribute.
Niko: Sorry, Ray. I'm freelance. I don't buy into that tribute stuff. This work has many disadvantages, but, hey, at least it's tax free.

The second one is after She's a Keeper:

Ray: Nicky, I hear you and the Irish have got your hands on Ancelotti's daughter.
Niko: What's it to you?
Ray: It wouldn't be nothing, except I know that Ancelotti ain't gonna pay up. It's her pal, Gay Tony, that's coughing up with my damn ice. The diamonds that got robbed off you in the Libertonian - well, we took it off Tony in the first place, but it shoulda ended there. He must have robbed the diamonds off of Isaac.
Niko: I got the money robbed off of me by a biker, remember? The diamonds were sold.
Ray: Don't get smart with me. Get me them diamonds off Tony. The Irish'll be square with that and you'll be square with me.
Niko: We're already square.

The third (and final, afaik) is after Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend:

Niko: Hey, Ray. I got some bad news for you. You weren't the only one who thought they owned those diamonds. Turns out a serious Russian called Bulgarin claims ownership as well.

Ray: Dammit Nicky, cut the bullsh*t. You got 'em? Where are they?

Niko: Liberty City Dump? I don't know. They got thrown into traffic.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Next to the Triangle Club in Bohan is a four-story abandoned building. If you park a large vehicle next to it, you can jump up and walk inside the second story portion of it. Everything is solid, but there are some spots where you can see through the building and it is obvious that they never really intended you to get up there. I have not tried the third floor, though it appears empty as well.

• gunziness likes this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

^ you dont need a vehicle to climb up, use the wall on the side to reach one of the windows. Also another thing to mention is that from the inside some windows are black textured, so you cant see outside.

Definitely need to try the 3rd floor, but other than parachuting in or airbreaking, i dont think theres a way to get there.
  • Plank. likes this

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by KGBeast, 2 days ago.

There are different levels of drunk depending who you drink with. With Packie you'll get completely wasted, the heaviest drunken effect and it lasts a very long time making driving almost impossible. With Kate however you only get slightly drunk, the lightest effect and it wears off almost immediately. You'll be walking normally again by the end of her short drunken dialogues. 

On Love Meet if you click date on each profile of the people you can't date they all return unique rejection emails. 

Because I had all those emails in my inbox as well as all 10 of Brucie's car theft emails I discovered something else. Your email inbox can get 'full'. I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug since it's never mentioned and there's no notification. I noticed I wasn't getting emails past a certain point in the game, including Dwayne's friendship email and Alex's response from Craplist. So I deleted all my emails and next time I logged in I had Alex's and about 7 spam emails waiting for me.

Unfortunately Dwayne's email wasn't there so I'm afraid I so this bug may lock you out of being friends with him. Still waiting to see if it comes through. 

• Plank., B Dawg, Tycek and 3 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 days ago

That's interesting, I remember not deleting any mails on my first and only playthrough and I could indeed hold them all in there.

B_E_N_1992
  • B_E_N_1992

VCSF

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

Love the Thai hooker in the intro after saying 'Daddy's back you bitches'

Translation is:

'What the f**k, You like me to hit you ?, Crazy foreigner. Hit you, hit you". 555

lol
  • anthony and ROCKSTAR MANIC like this

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by KGBeast, A day ago.

The Michelle/Karen character was inspired by Tatiana Romanova from the James Bond novel/film From Russia With Love. Tatiana is sent by Soviet intelligence to pretend to love Bond so he will take her to London where she can spy on him and MI5. The reality though is that she was just bait to lure him into an assassination. 

Unlike Bond though, the IAA doesn't try to kill Niko, just force him to do some work.

Another connection to From Russia With Love: Bond's contact in Turkey is named DARKO Kerim. 

I should also mention one of the girls on Love Meet calls herself From Russia Without Love

• ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users