2,115 replies to this topic
Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

i2hG7y2.png

On Vauxite Street, on the NE corner of Algonquin, there is a set of stairs with a clearance under (as seen in pic). You can't walk under them as Niko is just an inch too tall to walk stand under it (or crouch) unless you run into it the correct way, which is sort of difficult. If you can push a pedestrian and make them fall under it (ragdoll mode), they will glitch out and fly up into the stairs, and eventually spawn in the air above them and fall to the ground.

• Jeansowaty and Neon_Dreaming like this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:15 AM

Threads like this show why GTA IV is my favorite game of all time. You can add surface level "fun" like spraying sewage or getting run over by cars for insurance money like Saints Row, or you can create a detailed world with depth. The best games have love put into every bit of it, where there are things that only a small percent of players will ever see, but will always remember.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Instead of wasting $1 at the internet cafe you can use the front counter pc for free.
You can also go to your Middle Park East safehouse and use the pc there for the first part of Final Interview. After you send the resume, the instructions will still oddly say "Leave the internet cafe."
If Niko is wearing a suit and tie during the meeting with Francis at the start of Final Interview, Francis will still say "Get yourself a suit."
For the actual meeting, if Niko is wearing glasses/sunglasses this isn't part of the required clothing for the interview. Not a fail condition, just remove the glasses by falling over or back at the safehouse.
If Niko fails to show up on time for interview, the secretary will call Niko endlessly until he finally shows up.
Other pc you can use for free are at all internet cafe front desks and the little security officer concierge desk at Playboy's fancy silk sheet loft.

I recall using computer to surf web inside a hospital. Can't tell which hospital it was - the one in Broker or Westdyke. It was cool to surf the web in silence for music in internet cafes sucks.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

Algonquin Bridge

If you walk across the bridge and this has happened to me twice, its possible to nearly get hit by an ambulance falling off the road and down onto the walkway. Strange thing is it always seems to be an ambulance and there are never any ambulance men in it when it falls.

First time it happened the ambulance just missed me and fell with a loud bang, scared the hell out of me, i guess its to do with the traffic trying to avoid the trains above and swerving around. Has anybody had a car or bike fall off ?

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Van Nelle
  • Van Nelle

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

Cops can use ATM machines like other pedestrians. It's probably the only time in the series where dead cops will drop money.

Titabafon
  • Titabafon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Cops can use ATM machines like other pedestrians. It's probably the only time in the series where dead cops will drop money.

sure that's where they get thier salary
hey assassin changed your avatar

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:25 AM Edited by Gokuzbu, 07 September 2017 - 08:26 AM.

Dwayne's backup will jump out of your helicopter eventually. Wasn't expecting that at all haha

If a policeman steals a taxi you can then ride in the cab with him driving. If you punch the car with him inside he will try and fight you, make him hit you in front of another cop and he will fight them or get arrested.

• UltraGizmo64, AzelfandQuilava and Neon_Dreaming like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:32 PM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 07 September 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Does the Alderney Correctional Facility siren only go off in "The Ballad of Gay Tony"? I decided to parachute in there today and it went off and cops were swarming and it made the situation even cooler. I don't think it goes off in The Lost and Damned or Vanilla IV.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Does the Alderney Correctional Facility siren only go off if in "The Ballad of Gay Tony"? I decided to parachute in there today and it went off and cops were swarming and it made the situation even cooler. I don't think it goes off in The Lost and Damned or Vanilla IV.

this happens only in TLAD and TBoGT, in the main game nothing happens, you can explore it with no trouble

• TheOriginalGunslinger likes this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Does the Alderney Correctional Facility siren only go off if in "The Ballad of Gay Tony"? I decided to parachute in there today and it went off and cops were swarming and it made the situation even cooler. I don't think it goes off in The Lost and Damned or Vanilla IV.

this happens only in TLAD and TBoGT, in the main game nothing happens, you can explore it with no trouble

Thanks. Haven't played TLAD in a while! I totally forgot. :)

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

When doing the stranger mission with Sara and you have to give her a ride home, if you try calling a friend they won't answer as usual and then Sara won't speak a word the whole ride home. I don't know but this might work with Marnie as well.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:29 PM Edited by lol232, 11 September 2017 - 11:32 PM.

:lol: 

0KIzIMB.png
  • aleex96 likes this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:17 AM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 12 September 2017 - 04:27 AM.

Some people don't know but Ray Bulgarin's voice actor was featured in a classic episode of The Sopranos.

He has also worked with Rockstar before. He was the voice of Savo (the World Champion) in Midnight Club II.

• Jeansowaty, Axl Rose, thehambone and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:45 AM

Wow, his voice is unrecognizable with Savo. I wonder if R* hired him cuz they like his character on The Sopranos.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Some people don't know but Ray Bulgarin's voice actor was featured in a classic episode of The Sopranos.

https://youtu.be/3x6i9rdvnsU

He has also worked with Rockstar before. He was the voice of Savo (the World Champion) in Midnight Club II.

https://youtu.be/Qu0AIs8PNYo

You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator.
Really? His house looked like sh*t.

My favourite episode of The Sopranos.
  • Cutter De Blanc, Pastry and TheOriginalGunslinger like this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Finally saw police stop someone for speeding for the first time. They also checked their trunk for drugs.

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

-snip-

-snip-

I'm nearly done a rewatch of The Sopranos atm and I also thought I recognized Eugene Pontecorvo's voice from GTA, I just wasn't sure which game.

I used IMDb's common thing and it turns out there's a sh*tload of actors that worked on both Sopranos and GTA IV. To name a couple, Pontecorvo's actor Robert Funaro voiced Anthony Corrado (Pegorino's bodyguard) and Rosalie Aprile's actress Sharon Angela voiced Angie Pegorino. There are 42 others, and I can't be assed to go through them all but I bet there are a few other recognizable voices in there somewhere.

From earlier games, Meadow's boyfriend Finn played Donald Love in GTA LCS, Robert Loggia (Feech LaManna) voiced Ray Machowski in III, and Joe Pantoliano (Ralph Cifaretto) voiced Luigi Goterelli. Funny enough, there's pretty much no shared actors in the GTAs that take place outside of LC. The only one that I can think of is Frank Vincent voicing Salvatore Leone in the whole 3D era, but that's from back when Rockstar hired big name actors. Must be because they're local to the area or something, and their agents picked up on the games while Rockstar were location scouting.

• gunziness, Neon_Dreaming and TheOriginalGunslinger like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:03 AM

Vlad's voice actor was also on an episode of Law and Order SVU. I can't recall which one, but I remember recognizing his voice immediately. A lot of GTA voice actors come from that series actually.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:32 AM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 13 September 2017 - 03:38 AM.

I'm nearly done a rewatch of The Sopranos atm and I also thought I recognized Eugene Pontecorvo's voice from GTA, I just wasn't sure which game.

I used IMDb's common thing and it turns out there's a sh*tload of actors that worked on both Sopranos and GTA IV. To name a couple, Pontecorvo's actor Robert Funaro voiced Anthony Corrado (Pegorino's bodyguard) and Rosalie Aprile's actress Sharon Angela voiced Angie Pegorino. There are 42 others, and I can't be assed to go through them all but I bet there are a few other recognizable voices in there somewhere.

From earlier games, Meadow's boyfriend Finn played Donald Love in GTA LCS, Robert Loggia (Feech LaManna) voiced Ray Machowski in III, and Joe Pantoliano (Ralph Cifaretto) voiced Luigi Goterelli. Funny enough, there's pretty much no shared actors in the GTAs that take place outside of LC. The only one that I can think of is Frank Vincent voicing Salvatore Leone in the whole 3D era, but that's from back when Rockstar hired big name actors. Must be because they're local to the area or something, and their agents picked up on the games while Rockstar were location scouting.

This is actually really interesting. Another thing I'd like to point out which is just a wild theory but Anthony Corrado (Pegorino's bodyguard) and his character on The Sopranos were in a similar situation (being rats). Robert Funaro's character in The Sopranos (Eugene) ends up ratting on Tony Soprano and planned to move to Florida but when Tony told him he couldn't make the move he ended up hanging himself in his garage (I think he committed suicide because he knew Tony would find out sooner or later and the move to Florida was a no go which fueled the depression). And when we go to GTA IV, his character ends up ratting on Jimmy Pegorino (which Pegorino ultimately finds out thus resulting in the mission where Niko goes to kill him).

It's funny because this guy (Robert Funaro) played rats on both The Sopranos and GTA IV.
  • Cebra likes this

Cebra
  • Cebra

Eh.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:53 AM

This is actually really interesting. Another thing I'd like to point out which is just a wild theory but Anthony Corrado (Pegorino's bodyguard) and his character on The Sopranos were in a similar situation (being rats). Robert Funaro's character in The Sopranos (Eugene) ends up ratting on Tony Soprano and planned to move to Florida but when Tony told him he couldn't make the move he ended up hanging himself in his garage (I think he committed suicide because he knew Tony would find out sooner or later and the move to Florida was a no go which fueled the depression). And when we go to GTA IV, his character ends up ratting on Jimmy Pegorino (which Pegorino ultimately finds out thus resulting in the mission where Niko goes to kill him).

It's funny because this guy (Robert Funaro) played rats on both The Sopranos and GTA IV.

Yeah, I'm sure Rockstar did their due diligence by basing the Pegorinos somewhat on the Soprano family. Always on the sidelines, never really taken seriously - there are a few parallels with the story beside what you've noticed. Angie Pegorino and Rosalie Aprile have a few things in common as well: chain smoking mob wives who - instead of just tolerating their husband's adultery - cheated on them as well (Rosalie with a tennis coach and I always figured Angie and Phil were doing it) and then became widows. Sharon Angela's a great actress, but I'm sure she didn't have to go searching far to find inspiration for playing Angie.

To tie into your theory, Peg mentions that he began treating Anthony like a son after his true son hanged himself. I doubt it's just a throwaway line, I have a feeling they were alluding to Eugene's storyline too.

• gunziness and TheOriginalGunslinger like this

Banshee_Droptop
  • Banshee_Droptop

Mors Mutual Adjuster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:46 PM Edited by Banshee_Droptop, 14 September 2017 - 12:07 AM.

There are police snipers with PSG-1s set up on the rooftops near important buildings in Algonquin like the Civic Citadel or the courthouse. If you get a one-star wanted level in the area, they respond like all other cops and will run off the roof trying to bust you and kill themselves. 

Another fun way to f*ck with the AI is to go to the hospital in the industrial part of Alderney (on Babbage Drive), provoke the police, then go across the street and climb up the the big black and really tall silo. Provided you have a way of eliminating air support, you can hold out up here indefinitely by walking on top of the cops climbing the ladder and making them fall to their deaths. 

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

Michael Hollick, not only did he voice Niko, but he also did motion capture for him. But wait, there's more - Mario D'Leon, Luis' voice actor, also did mocap for Niko.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:55 PM Edited by lol232, 20 September 2017 - 01:09 AM.

Double post but I have to since it's relevant:

You can actually see Bulgarin's plane burning in the final mission of IV, albeit it's a different location, it was probably an oversight. You can see it by Niko's left leg.
sGfGSFe.jpg
boJSNAb.jpg
Which means that IV's final mission happens at exactly the same time as TBoGT's, only IV's end's and probably starts earlier.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Jeansowaty, ClaudX and 4 others like this

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

It might be one of those gas flares in Acter Industrial Park.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:08 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 20 September 2017 - 06:08 PM.

Double post but I have to since it's relevant:

You can actually see Bulgarin's plane burning in the final mission of IV, albeit it's a different location, it was probably an oversight. You can see it by Niko's left leg.
-pic-
-pic-
Which means that IV's final mission happens at exactly the same time as TBoGT's, only IV's end's and probably starts earlier.

There is nothing else scripted out of the cutscene's location, other than LJ and Roman under the floor, so it was probably some external thing. As someone pointed out, it could've been one of the flames from Acter, or a glitched rocket or broken lamppost.

jceZAQB.png

• Pastry likes this

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:33 PM Edited by HigorSm, 20 September 2017 - 07:06 PM.

It might be one of those gas flares in Acter Industrial Park.

There's not any gas flare in this area where the fire is, so probably it is not a gas flare, if is, then is glitched.

you can see here if you want, at 14:23:

Spoiler

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:50 PM Edited by lol232, 20 September 2017 - 06:56 PM.

There's nothing above that place, it's too high for any building to reach it, and the explosion is always exactly the same in that cutscene. You're facing towards northern Alderney, the area where Phil works. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In a patch, the count of the debris in that cutscene was increased from 20 to 30 IIRC.

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

Indeed, some rockets shot by Peg gets glitched
Spoiler
  • Jeansowaty and Pastry like this

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Oh sh*t, that could be it. Alternatively, they probably intended for it to be that way on purpose to reference TBoGT? I mean, it does resemble a debris. Who knows.

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

Oh sh*t, that could be it. Alternatively, they probably intended for it to be that way on purpose to reference TBoGT? I mean, it does resemble a debris. Who knows.

Nah, it's a bug, now that @Tomas said, i rewatched a video of the final mission of the game and, all rockets Jimmy shoot are scripted, they will always hit you or miss you, one of these rockets that he miss is fired right before a cutscene start, and it got stuck in a location where you can see it in the last cutscene; also, you can't see this fire in the deal ending.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users