» «
Photo

Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA IV

2,113 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:56 AM

Niko instantly put his Phone away when he takes damage

Well that seems like the logical thing to do. If I was being shot at the last thing I'd be doing is talking on the phone. It's not like we're talking about GTA V here where logic and any common sense is thrown out of the window in that game. :p

Here are some other things you may want to know about GTA IV my friend..

-The strip clubs don't restrict gun play and you can shoot them up at will.

-Every piece of clothing is completely interchangeable. Unlike.......

-Vehicles can be turned on or off.

-Mohammad (Roman's taxi driver) is hilarious when he makes remarks towards Niko.

-It's possible to jump from a helicopter into water and not be killed on impact.

-Niko will grab and hold onto ledges rather than making a dick of himself and face plant.

-Cheats can be actually saved in the phone. 

-Moltovs aren't as rare as a Unicorn.

• Tycek, ZodaEX, anthony and 6 others like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

If Niko has a meeting set in his calendar and the time for the meeting approaches, you'll hear the notification beep during any cutscene. This happened to me when Niko and LJ meet Michelle at the end of The Snow Storm because Niko had a date coming up with LawChick.
  • Gunnalingus, SchizNitz, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Rocktober!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:57 PM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 30 July 2017 - 03:57 PM.

We all know this but I'm guessing in V they went the speakerphone route. When on a motorcycle in IV, Niko is seen actually holding his in-game cellphone and talks to people on it while in V when on a motorcycle there is no in-game cellphone in hand and the character still talks to people on it so I'm guessing it's on speaker?
  • Gunnalingus likes this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

PC version can't run at 60fps, they mostly run at 10-20fps

I see you're stuck in 2008 with a third worlder PC.

• Plank., anthony, Pedinhuh and 2 others like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

We all know this but I'm guessing in V they went the speakerphone route. When on a motorcycle in IV, Niko is seen actually holding his in-game cellphone and talks to people on it while in V when on a motorcycle there is no in-game cellphone in hand and the character still talks to people on it so I'm guessing it's on speaker?

In V, on motorbikes the characters make no animations at all during phonecalls.

But if you step out of the bikes and receive or make a phonecall, the characters will talk on speakerphones and not remove their helmets.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

If you start a mission at night for Phil Bell, during the cutscene inside his Port Tudor office you'll notice his little desk lamp will be illuminated. During the day it's switched off. There's also a clock on the wall that will be moving at the ingame speed.
Just another small attention to detail by the Rockstar magicians.
  • anthony, UltraGizmo64, thehambone and 6 others like this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

-It's possible to jump from a helicopter into water and not be killed on impact.

To be fair that is something I didnt mind in V. It gives you another excuse to use the parachute. Also, IV should have had parachutes instead of waiting for TBoGT to put them in, exploring Algoquin rooftops can be a bitch without them.

• Payne Killer likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:43 PM

To be fair that is something I didnt mind in V. It gives you another excuse to use the parachute. Also, IV should have had parachutes instead of waiting for TBoGT to put them in, exploring Algoquin rooftops can be a bitch without them.
I don't really mind it either since it's realistic, if you were to do that in real life you'd either die on impact, or break several bones and subsequently drown. Something I found odd though is that you'll die if you do this in gameplay, but in Derailed Trevor jumps off that bridge into the water and is completely fine.
  • gunziness, SchizNitz and Payne Killer like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

Personally I think it's stupid. This is one of those areas I'm glad "realism" took a back seat. The swing set glitch wouldn't be anywhere near as fun if you died every time hitting the water.

• B Dawg, gunziness, Gokuzbu and 3 others like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

Instead of wasting $1 at the internet cafe you can use the front counter pc for free.
You can also go to your Middle Park East safehouse and use the pc there for the first part of Final Interview. After you send the resume, the instructions will still oddly say "Leave the internet cafe."
If Niko is wearing a suit and tie during the meeting with Francis at the start of Final Interview, Francis will still say "Get yourself a suit."
For the actual meeting, if Niko is wearing glasses/sunglasses this isn't part of the required clothing for the interview. Not a fail condition, just remove the glasses by falling over or back at the safehouse.
If Niko fails to show up on time for interview, the secretary will call Niko endlessly until he finally shows up.
Other pc you can use for free are at all internet cafe front desks and the little security officer concierge desk at Playboy's fancy silk sheet loft.
  • Gunnalingus, UltraGizmo64, eCola and 2 others like this

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

If you open the Games For Windows Live UI by pressing Home, the game will pause, and for some reason, if Niko is in a vehicle, he will be teleported back until the game unpause.

Spoiler

-Niko has idle animations for when his health is low

Spoiler

• UltraGizmo64, eCola and AmigaMix like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

Discovered a new way of doing Migration Control the Fixer's assassination mission. You need to have a helicopter at the start or you can't do this. Fly to the ferry terminal building roof just SW of the Booth Tunnel. From this spot you have a good scope over the helipad, you can snipe the heli pilot and the target is sitting in the back of the car which you snipe for easy completion. Rocket launcher won't reach from this range though.

Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

I never thought to try this, but if GTA Wikia is to be trusted:

If Niko tries to go to Corrado's room in civilian clothing, a police officer will aim his gun at Niko and tell him that the room is off limits. However, if Niko returns wearing the hospital scrubs, one of the officers will say something like "I just saw you a second ago. If you're a doctor, I'm the Pope." and Niko will receive the two-star wanted level.

• anthony and otachi like this

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Appetite For Illusion

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

After a trip to the hospital(after you die) the characters will have angrier lines to say, once I spawned I killed everyone inside and Niko was saying stuff like "Next time, listen to me!" and "Don't get back up" and "f*ck this place." Johnny K says sh*t like "F*CK YOU" and "EAT sh*t AND DIE" & "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" lmao

I'll never forget the first time i watched "The Men's Room" in GTA IV.

"Listen buddy, this day of misery has just begun"

• Payne Killer and eCola like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:12 AM Edited by Cluckin' Bell, 10 August 2017 - 02:12 AM.

Today, I just recognized that if you are drunk driving with Michelle, you will not attain a wanted level, even if you do happen to drive right past a police car.

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

On Presidents Ave there is a set of phones in front of a building, behind the phones is a pile of dirt, if you shoot a ped here they disappear and all you can see is the bottom of there feet, Luis legs disappear into this as well, if you use a sticky bomb you can blow the ped back out of the dirt pile. Im going to have to go to the same spot with NIkko and see if it still does this

• eCola likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

If you want less time waiting between A Dish Served Cold and Mr & Mrs Bellic, you must be off the ship by 08:45am so that the phone calls can occur. The last call to Kate must be completed before 10:00am otherwise her blue dot will not appear until the next day because Roman states the wedding is at 10am.
  • UltraGizmo64 and eCola like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:02 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 14 August 2017 - 03:03 PM.

This is for TLAD: Johnny and Terry have the same tattoo on their necks. Johnny has it on the left side of his neck, and Terry has it on the back. I first noticed it on Terry's V model though.

The brotherhood runs deep.
  • UltraGizmo64, eCola and Neon_Dreaming like this

Titabafon
  • Titabafon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

Ability to bowl
  • Algonquin Assassin, Plank., UltraGizmo64 and 1 other like this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

You can take back the weapon you dropped, example:

There is desert eagle in front of you and you have glock in your inventory. After you switched to eagle you can take back glock but it doesn't always work.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

Today, I just recognized that if you are drunk driving with Michelle, you will not attain a wanted level, even if you do happen to drive right past a police car.

I've noticed that too. At first I thought it was a bug, but it can't be if it happens every time. Foreshadows her role as a government agent or just coincidence? Who knows.

• UltraGizmo64 and eCola like this

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:48 AM Edited by KonradGM, 18 August 2017 - 08:49 AM.

I still remember during my................ 5th playthrough maybe [i played this game so many times lol] i discovered the cable car between one of the mini island to the big island with is something i never realised existed before, was one of those great moments that made me realise why i love rockstar open worlds

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

She's also the only one who never gets drunk with you. Almost as if she's got secrets she doesn't want to risk revealing. :sly:

• anthony and eCola like this

Titabafon
  • Titabafon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

there is a chance u may see a footage of your crimes on the net

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

there is a chance u may see a footage of your crimes on the net

Only story-related crimes though. Random carnage that you cause during free roam won't show up.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

The asian buyer "Charlie" is the same voice actor that did Woozie, James Yaegashi. I only just discovered this. Charlie and Woozie definitely sound identical.
  • anthony, thehambone, AzelfandQuilava and 1 other like this

Titabafon
  • Titabafon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

You can Rob Stores like in GTA V - Laundromat Store- all 3 [email protected] internet cafe - Modo

yes but not at gunpoint actually hated gta4 ways of robbing shops

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

You can Rob Stores like in GTA V - Laundromat Store- all 3 [email protected] internet cafe - Modo

yes but not at gunpoint actually hated gta4 ways of robbing shops
Spend several hundred dollars in Modo but the cash register only has 30 dollars in it. ???

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

I think the mission Trespass is actually based off the 1992 movie "Trespass" that starred Bill Paxton and William Sadler. Two guys running around inside an old warehouse looking for old jewels and unsuspectingly run into some gang members, two members are Ice T and Ice Cube.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:06 AM

Today I learnt that people are actually afraid when followed. They turn back and tell us to stop following them.

• UltraGizmo64, Jeansowaty and StormBreaker like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users