Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA IV

2,125 replies to this topic
ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:41 PM

You guys probably already know this, tonight i saw a cop pull one of the old ladies for speeding , been playing all these years and never seen it.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Only the cursed survive...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:47 AM

I remember this clearly. This in 2008 or just plain vanilla with no updates for the 360. Before the first official update to fix the bugs in the SP game. When you had the Homeland security (NOOSE) in freeroam at six stars. The NPC pilot flying the annihilator actually used the mounted guns against Niko. Instead of hovering on top like they do now, they used to do strafe fire runs. they would circle around and do it again when you were entrenched in good cover. At first I was surprised on what guns the Noose on the sides of the cabin but nope, the shots were powerful took a lot of health. I knew that wasn't carbine rifle shots. I wish i had proof for this. 

You could delete the updates from your HDD on the 360 and mess around offline.

Maybe record it with a phone or something?

• thehambone likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

I remember this clearly. This in 2008 or just plain vanilla with no updates for the 360. Before the first official update to fix the bugs in the SP game. When you had the Homeland security (NOOSE) in freeroam at six stars. The NPC pilot flying the annihilator actually used the mounted guns against Niko. Instead of hovering on top like they do now, they used to do strafe fire runs. they would circle around and do it again when you were entrenched in good cover. At first I was surprised on what guns the Noose on the sides of the cabin but nope, the shots were powerful took a lot of health. I knew that wasn't carbine rifle shots. I wish i had proof for this. 

You could delete the updates from your HDD on the 360 and mess around offline.

Maybe record it with a phone or something?

Yes, we definitely need some videos of this! I've never read anything about it anywhere else.

Cebra
  • Cebra

I'm in the Christmas spirit. Vote for me.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

I've recently started yet another playthrough of IV, and this time I pledged that I'd spend most of the early parts of the game on foot to really soak up the atmosphere in Hove Beach.

I make that promise every time, always end up jacking a car and driving around like an asshole. Well, this time I had just finished It's Your Call and was walking from the depot to the apartment and - for the first time in 9 years of playing - saw some dude standing by the hotdog stand on Iroquois Avenue whistle and hail a cab. He got in, the light on the roof turned off, they drove away. Simple enough, I'm just amazed that it's the first time I've ever seen it.

On the same walk, some guy stopped at the light in front of the 69th street diner had his window rolled down and was tapping his arm along the ledge and holding the steering wheel with one hand. Again, a first - it's kind of incredible that I'm still noticing these little details nearly a decade on.
  • anthony, UltraGizmo64, Jeansowaty and 7 others like this

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Dick Laurent Is Dead

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:24 PM Edited by Axl Rose, 26 June 2017 - 09:27 PM.

Sadly small details like that went largely unappreciated.

• anthony and Cebra like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:00 AM

niko doesn't deserve to be next to these sh*theels

4FDqgmX.png

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Tycek and 9 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Coldest Winter

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:35 AM

In wrestling terms Niko is the only guy in that tag team who can draw money by himself
  • Algonquin Assassin, anthony and eCola like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

Just saw a fat cop walking in middle park saying on his WT "oh a donut ? Make it large" lmao
  • Payne Killer, Mr_Rager and TheOriginalGunslinger like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:46 PM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 28 June 2017 - 05:46 PM.

Just saw a fat cop walking in middle park saying on his WT "oh a donut ? Make it large" lmao

I heard a fat cop say to himself (when his talkie started speaking - basically the sound of the police scanner) that a murder just took place and then the fat cop proceeded to just say "I'll let another a**hole deal with it". Haha
  • anthony and UltraGizmo64 like this

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:58 AM

niko doesn't deserve to be next to these sh*theels

4FDqgmX.png

Just put Niko there, I completely forgot about V's protags.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Jeansowaty, Niobium and 1 other like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Coldest Winter

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:48 AM

"You just crossed the line sh*t heap" always gets to me for some reason. Like the fat cop is going to do some Rambo sh*t.
  • Gunnalingus, anthony and Neon_Dreaming like this

AIex
  • AIex

Alex Carlton

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:39 PM

Employees at the SuperStar Cafe have 'Rockstar Cafe' written on the back of their shirts. 

• anthony likes this

Cebra
  • Cebra

I'm in the Christmas spirit. Vote for me.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Canada

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

I was walking down the street from Niko's Middle Park safehouse and saw an NPC walking in the other direction lose his footing, then look around to see if anyone saw it happen. Seriously - nine years and I've never seen this animation play out.

Not really a small detail, but walking around and taking in the scenery really allows you to appreciate the atmosphere Rockstar created in IV. The different weather, the ambient sounds, it's all so fitting to the game. I also noticed for the first time just how specific NPCs voice lines are to what they're doing. During a walk around Chase Point I realized that peds that are standing in a group smoking have different dialogue than ones not smoking. There was a prostitute in a group saying she swears that "They're putting less and less tobacco in these things". I never noticed this in V, so I'm not entirely sure if they carried it over.

• anthony, Jeansowaty, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:15 AM Edited by anthony, 30 June 2017 - 06:20 AM.

Yeah the atmosphere and the NPC's are really great, I don't even do anything these days, just walking and looking at the world. Almost like in RDR.

lose his footing, then look around to see if anyone saw it happen

I've never saw that one.

Never saw this again since a long time ago.

• Payne Killer likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:16 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 30 June 2017 - 02:20 PM.

Employees at the SuperStar Cafe have 'Rockstar Cafe' written on the back of their shirts.

Rockstar, Rockstar Cafe, hot coffee... Hehe.

OT:
Not really cool, more like annoying sometimes:
kefuHoL.jpg
sVKgalM.jpg
This f*cking bump on the collision detection. Try hitting it at full speed with a 4-star wanted level and see your car fly, hit a tree and go into the water while NOOSE and Police spawn at the dirt trail. Happened to me like 3 times.

• Jeansowaty likes this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:58 PM Edited by anthony, 05 July 2017 - 04:03 PM.

In Bohan the cops are very lazy and doesn't care about the car theft and other crimes most of the time, I recommend you guys this area if you have some dirty business going on...
  • Gunnalingus and UltraGizmo64 like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:22 PM

Played the game for the first time in a few months today. Spent almost 4 hours doing nothing but screwing around and going over the city with a fine toothed comb to find places I've never seen or been to (and believe me, there were more places than I thought). This is what I've learned today:

Niko doesn't need a car to drown.

Spoiler

Even if you don't visit these places, there are still people working there when you don't expect them to.
Spoiler

This place is a thing. I know of that brick building with grass inside from Corner Kids mission in TBoGT but I've never been to this area otherwise.
Spoiler

There's a really obscure armor spawn on a billboard next to Comrades Bar.
Spoiler

Bohan is not the only place that has a road under construction.
Spoiler

• ryd3r007, anthony, ROCKSTAR MANIC and 6 others like this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:19 AM

In wrestling terms Niko is the only guy in that tag team who can draw money by himself

"What's so funny about wrestling academy. This no funny joke."

• Payne Killer and Mr_Rager like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:08 AM Edited by Payne Killer, 08 July 2017 - 02:09 AM.

In TLaD during a Gang War, if Terry and Clay end up getting killed you can call them for a Bike or Guns after a certain amount of time. You can also leave the area to go buy body armor or find some health. A good way to set up a defensive position to get rid of the guys who follow you, then head back to the area and finish the job.

Edit: In Star Junction at the Candybox building there's a funnel of chocolate that actually moves.
  • anthony, UltraGizmo64, eCola and 1 other like this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

This is something I've always known.

I recall a time when playing without cheats and when I was in an intense gang war with Angels of Death, it was 26th or 30th gang war too which means it was really intense.

I was low on health, I had like 1% left, I took off running like a bitch. Angels of Death ran after me. When I finally managed to  escape to a safe area I called the ambulance. After they patched me up I let AoD follow me to a parking lot where I ended their lives.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

on the meTV building in 4 is a floating light.

t0MbM55.jpg

• Jeansowaty and Neon_Dreaming like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:38 PM Edited by Payne Killer, 18 July 2017 - 08:45 PM.

After a trip to the hospital(after you die) the characters will have angrier lines to say, once I spawned I killed everyone inside and Niko was saying stuff like "Next time, listen to me!" and "Don't get back up" and "f*ck this place." Johnny K says sh*t like "F*CK YOU" and "EAT sh*t AND DIE" & "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" lmao
  • anthony, UltraGizmo64, Jeansowaty and 4 others like this

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:30 AM Edited by Tomasino, 19 July 2017 - 01:36 AM.

There should be more cases when the protagonist is angry, i.e. when being wanted and in some missions.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

I was playing It's Your Call and I was playing around with the radio and my finger hit the L2 button which is reverse and I heard an audible clunk, as the lever was selected for reverse. Then I pressed R2 and sure enough there was a clunk as it went into D. Something that I never paid much attention to but it just makes this game grow even more fonder on me for it's realism.
  • Algonquin Assassin, anthony, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:12 PM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 26 July 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Is the store "Miss T" a play on joke paying homage to Misty (the hooker from GTA III)? I passed by this store in-game recently and thought "wait, a second?" saying Miss T quickly surely sounds like Misty.

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

Is the store "Miss T" a play on joke paying homage to Misty (the hooker from GTA III)? I passed by this store in-game recently and thought "wait, a second?" saying Miss T quickly surely sounds like Misty.

Might be that and a parody of Mr. T.

Spoiler
  • TheOriginalGunslinger likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

If you are on a date with Alex and you drive drunk, she'll say something like "Oh, the cops!" Then when you lose them she will say "Oh well done hehehe!"
On another occasion I picked her up and drove off slowly. She said "Well, you're certainly moving up in the fashion statement of cars, slowly that is." Also when I was walking around with her there was another guy that said "Hey honey, you need a real man in your life."
  • anthony, UltraGizmo64, Jacek_K and 1 other like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V:A Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

If you try to stop at red light, someone behind you will honk at you, smash your car from behind, and skids the side of your car to overtake

Firefighter never respond to fire, and if you try to call them they will ignore the fire and continue driving without any f*ck given

PC version can't run at 60fps, they mostly run at 10-20fps

Karen/Michelle will complain about Niko still wearing the same Clothes, even though that bitch still wearing the same clothes since the first day Niko meet her

Despite IV being based on NY, Bus never operate, and no Bicycle appear

Alderney, despite being a different state from LC, they still use LC License Plates and LCPD, Not to mention Alderney was same size as Algonquin

Niko are restricted to walk mode when he using a Phone

Niko instantly put his Phone away when he takes damage

If you use phone when in a car and use mouse to click, there's a chance that Niko will put a grenade to the ground or smash the car window or shoot a gun

If you someone in the leg there's a chance he will crawl forever

That's all "Cool" Thing I found in IV

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:33 AM

If you someone in the leg there's a chance he will crawl forever

Do what to their leg? Hump it?
  • Algonquin Assassin and AuSsIeThUnDeR36 like this

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:55 AM

PC version can't run at 60fps, they mostly run at 10-20fps

And I used to think my pc was the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users