Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA IV

1,779 replies to this topic
Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

The Tornado was cut from GTA4. The only evidence supporting that is a picture of the car found in the Triangle Club.

Tornado-GTAIV-render.png

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

Judging by the look of the car and its rims I would say it's beta SA one. 

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Niko holds a cigarette between his fingers. I always liked that very small attention to detail.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

Niko holds a cigarette between his fingers. I always liked that very small attention to detail.

Some times when standing still, he puts his hands near his mouth, and we can se the fumes from his warmth breathe in the cold air. While holding q cig, looks like he is smoking!
  • Mr_Leone likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:38 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 21 May 2014 - 07:40 AM.

On my new playthrough of GTA IV I just noticed that peds can enter Roman's Apartment.

Basically I jacked a ped's car near Roman's house and then got out and ran into the Apartment. I did not know the ped was following me at all. I went up the stairs and I was about to go into the bedroom when I saw that guy running up the stairs I managed to kill him after a fight but it took me by surprise.

I am not sure if this was a bug or if this is the case for all interiors but later I had the cops on my tail and ran into Roman's Apartment. The cops never entered and judging by the radar/mini-map they were right outside the Apartment door.

It's weird but at the same time pretty cool. I play on PC BTW.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

On my new playthrough of GTA IV I just noticed that peds can enter Roman's Apartment.

Basically I jacked a ped's car near Roman's house and then got out and ran into the Apartment. I did not know the ped was following me at all. I went up the stairs and I was about to go into the bedroom when I saw that guy running up the stairs I managed to kill him after a fight but it took me by surprise.

I am not sure if this was a bug or if this is the case for all interiors but later I had the cops on my tail and ran into Roman's Apartment. The cops never entered and judging by the radar/mini-map they were right outside the Apartment door.

If I recall one of my first deaths in IV was getting shot by the cops in Roman's apartment and Niko's corpse falling onto the bed.:p
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

If I recall one of my first deaths in IV was getting shot by the cops in Roman's apartment and Niko's corpse falling onto the bed. :p

So did the game save? :p

• TheOtherRyan likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

I can't remember lol. However this isn't a glitch just so you know Ace....ah Vercetti.

Normally I walk into interiors and have peds follow me in because I've hit them or something. Back in the day this was a cool detail considering in the 3D era interiors weren't apart of flowing game world.
  • Vercetti42 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

-You can spot people sleeping on the ground. I saw some in the car park of Hove Beach station.

-Traffic signals move while wind blows.

-You can see police arresting people. If you watch closely you'll see that they'll ask them to put their hands up and take him to a police car and take him away. Sometimes they may even shoot the suspect.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

-You can see police arresting people. If you watch closely you'll see that they'll ask them to put their hands up and take him to a police car and take him away. Sometimes they may even shoot the suspect.

Supposedly, if you were driving in a police vehicle yourself while nearby, the police will first accidentally lead the suspect to Your vehicle, before realizing his mistake and give you a wanted level.

I've never tried it, only heard of it.

Would have been hilarious if you also get to give the suspect a lift back to his hideout.
  • Vercetti42 likes this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

Supposedly, if you were driving in a police vehicle yourself while nearby, the police will first accidentally lead the suspect to Your vehicle, before realizing his mistake and give you a wanted level.

I've never tried it, only heard of it.

Would have been hilarious if you also get to give the suspect a lift back to his hideout.

It's true, I used to do it and lead them down the street by moving the car at the last moment. Good fun that was, until the cop started shooting me after he got into my car.

thehambone
  • thehambone

Get Get Get Get Got Got Got Got

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

I remember one instance where a cop arrested somebody and the perpetrator dropped a micro-Uzi, which I was not able to pick up. The cop uttered something along the lines of "A weapon, huh? Look like you're doing hard time!" as the perpetrator dropped the weapon.

• TheBigMish96 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Wow I just found out you can actually buy cars online in this game. You can get some modded cars with hydraulics and stuff as well.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Wow I just found out you can actually buy cars online in this game. You can get some modded cars with hydraulics and stuff as well.

proof?

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:26 PM Edited by thehambone, 25 May 2014 - 04:30 PM.

You can drown if you stay in the water for too long.

Less than 0.00001% of me believes that this is true.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Wasn't that only in the Online portion?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

- Only a few pedestrians have lines for alerting the police of your location on foot if they happen to encounter one, however the police officer will not exactly go to your position after a few minutes.

- Frickie Van Handerburg was ment to be the original Kenny Petrovic.

- If Police haven't seen you yet in a crowded area they will get near and walk around in circles telling civies to clear from the area.

- There are models for Bus Drivers and Train drivers, both use the same body as the security guard/ fat cop.

- There is an African american EMT that is rarely or never used in the game.

thehambone
  • thehambone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

Wasn't that only in the Online portion?
Yeah, maybe. I haven't played IV in a while lol.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

- There is an African american EMT that is rarely or never used in the game.

He is used. After you kill MANY people, for about some hours and many paramedics already arrived, the chinese dude will take the passenger seat and the nigga will drive the Ambulance.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by Grievous, 26 May 2014 - 06:32 PM.

You can change the camera distance while aiming/shooting, this camera distance is different from that of the on-foot walking camera distance. The two settings are separate.
The advantage to this is that you can essentially play it as a standard third person shooter especially with free aim, by tuning the aiming camera all the way back and keeping on-foot camera at neutral.
Or at least stop the camera from always 'zooming' so rashly on the protagonist's shoulder and weapon whenever you want to aim or shoot, which was rather immersion breaking for my taste.

This feature has been unfortunately removed in V, where the on-foot and aiming camera settings aren't separate anymore.

By the way I hope this is part of common knowledge, I only thought of mentioning it because I realized I've never seen anyone ever mentioning this, in all my years poking about in IV related discussions.
Then again it's not like everyone would go raving about camera distance! Even though like I said, I thought it was a game changing 'detail'.
  • daliakiller, matajuegos01 and Boxguy21X like this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

You can change the camera distance while aiming/shooting, this camera distance is different from that of the on-foot walking camera distance. The two settings are separate.
The advantage to this is that you can essentially play it as a standard third person shooter especially with free aim, by tuning the aiming camera all the way back and keeping on-foot camera at neutral.
Or at least stop the camera from always 'zooming' so rashly on the protagonist's shoulder and weapon whenever you want to aim or shoot, which was rather immersion breaking for my taste.

This feature has been unfortunately removed in V, where the on-foot and aiming camera settings aren't separate anymore.

By the way I hope this is part of common knowledge, I only thought of mentioning it because I realized I've never seen anyone ever mentioning this, in all my years poking about in IV related discussions.
Then again it's not like everyone would go raving about camera distance! Even though like I said, I thought it was a game changing 'detail'.

I didnt knew it, and i have been playing since 2009! Thanks for the tip, game seems much more "natural" and fluid without zooming in cam!

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

I actually found this by accident about a year ago. The "Third Person mode" feels a bit like Vs blindfire. I wonder how many people there are on the world who don't know this.

I guess I put here a small fact: This game, chinatown wars and RDR recycle a lot of sound effects. At least NPC and player sounds. For example, A sound effect that (RDR Spoiler)

Spoiler
can be constantly heard in Chinatown wars and IV.

(I guess that most people know this though)

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homeboy

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

The 2 security cameras at the Alderney Prison entrance constantly moves/aims towards the player to keep an eye on him. theres even a sound effect of the camera turning around. You must be near the entrance door to notice it.

2014-05-27_00001.jpg

• Plank., lol232, AgentGTAVI and 3 others like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 30 May 2014 - 06:24 PM.

Yeah, sorry guys but you cannot buy cars in this game.  Sorry for the misleading information. :)

- If you get a wanted level after jacking a car, you can hear the police say on the radio "We've got a Grand Theft Auto at <insert place name>'.

- If you shoot the water thing in the hospital wall will spill out of it through the holes.

(Actual spoiler ahead)

Spoiler

litufreak
  • litufreak

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:30 AM Edited by litufreak, 31 May 2014 - 06:30 AM.

If you are sitting in a cab and the driver does not pay in the toll booth and crosses, the police will chase you and not the cab driver.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

There is a Gadsden Flag, but the navy one (sorry, not american and not so good knowledge of american history) at the fire department on broker.

Kevinnicholls62
  • Kevinnicholls62

My names Lewis (gamertag is inside joke) and I'm that white

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:12 AM

I didn't notice this until I had been playing GTA V and other GTA games that I hadn't played in a few years (3D Universe) but Niko Bellic has better climbing ability than any Grand Theft Auto character ever and climbs three times the height of the protagonists in any GTA before, and GTA V. Along with his jumping, which is equally high, but probably the same as Tommy Vercetti.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 11 June 2014 - 04:21 PM.

So I wanted to see that for myself.

Spoiler

That's a nice message R* put there :lol:

• GTA_dog, Mince, B Dawg and 11 others like this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by lol232, 12 June 2014 - 09:54 PM.

If you're hanging out with a friend (let's say Jacob), and you call him while you're hanging out with him, Niko will have a unique response by apologising saying he's messing around with the phone and he doesn't know how to use it.
  • Mince, word is bond, AgentGTAVI and 2 others like this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

If you're hanging out with a friend (let's say Jacob), and you call him while you're hanging out with him, Niko will have a unique response by apologising saying he's messing around with the phone and he doesn't know how to use it.

I did that while hanging out with Roman and Niko said:"I'm just messing around".

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users