Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA IV

1,784 replies to this topic
Kaleidoscope
  • Kaleidoscope

Glockaholic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

*reads all of these and instantly regrets selling my copy 6 months ago* haha. GTA IV had a feel that 5 doesnt really have.. I think you can feel connnected to Niko as a character more than any of the 3 in GTA V. Niko was the type of character I wouldn't ever mind playing as again. Sadly looks like R* is going to leave us in mystery about what happened to our friend Mr. Bellic..

• TheOtherRyan, aleex96, UltraGizmo64 and 2 others like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

Peds will go on helitours. The workers on the helipad even guide them to their chopper, they get in and take off.

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

*reads all of these and instantly regrets selling my copy 6 months ago* haha. GTA IV had a feel that 5 doesnt really have.. I think you can feel connnected to Niko as a character more than any of the 3 in GTA V. Niko was the type of character I wouldn't ever mind playing as again. Sadly looks like R* is going to leave us in mystery about what happened to our friend Mr. Bellic..

What if...

There was niko dlc for 5? Honestly I don't know if I'd like that though.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

Me too. If Trevor would kill Niko, I would NEVER touch a GTA after IV.

• GAMIR_GTA, SonofYankton and Alvarez like this

word is bond
  • word is bond

yo

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:35 AM Edited by Ermac., 20 April 2014 - 05:52 AM.

This has probably been mentioned already, but on the higher wanted levels (5 and 6 stars) police snipers with PSG-1s rifles will spawn on rooftops in Algonquin. They've been slowing down my quest for 100% by sniping my brains out whilst i'm trying to eradicate the pigeon menace that plagues LC.

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

This has probably been mentioned already, but on the higher wanted levels (5 and 6 stars) police snipers with PSG-1s rifles will spawn on rooftops in Algonquin. They've been slowing down my quest for 100% by sniping my brains out whilst i'm trying to eradicate the pigeon menace that plagues LC.

Police snipers?this is the 1st time im seeing this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:35 AM Edited by lol232, 21 April 2014 - 10:36 AM.

Aaah, so now I know exactly where were those shots coming from. I always thought these were from police choppers or an automated shot.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Time changed traffic, press etc... More people go to graveyard at night, hobos dominate park at night, runners at day; traffic is very thin at night, usually costlier cars at night

OMGmyFACE
  • OMGmyFACE

Badder Den Dem

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

When you see the saxophone player on the subway platforms playing, you can tip him $10.

Those b/w surveillance camera feeds you see when you're riding the train really do look like that too.

Time changed traffic, press etc... More people go to graveyard at night, hobos dominate park at night, runners at day; traffic is very thin at night, usually costlier cars at night

I once saw bros in aerobic exercise outfits doing squats and stretches in the graveyard after the McReary funeral mission and a group of 4 dudes sipping drinks on a stoop by Packie's house.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Dildos! You can pick them up at the sex shop and throw at people :lol:

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

If you enter your phone camera while on a Subway train, you can see inside the train more clearly. If you then turn the camera 180 you can see inside Nikos Head. This works also with the thing that goes between Algonquin to Colony island. (I cant remember the what it's called.)

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Reasons why watching paint dry is better than GTA V.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

This artwork was never released
 b.jpg

• VercettiGroveRussian, GAMIR_GTA, Mr. Jago and 6 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

This is old, but it's one of my favorite things in this game. Shoot your gun in a car while hanging out with a girl. She will dump you, and the car's engine won't take any damage anymore. It will still take body damage, but it won't blow up.  The effect persists if you save, but it will be removed if you enter any scripted type scene involving the car, such as hanging out with a friend.  

Trying to carbomb an invincible car causes it to instantly vanish.   

• UltraGizmo64, Drunken Cowboy and Naroon like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Sometimes you will hear a pedestrian refer to how the city has gone downhill "since the attacks." This quote isn't verbatim, but I've heard it a few times in Bohan.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

b.jpg

How the hell did you find it?

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Reasons why watching paint dry is better than GTA V.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

b.jpg

How the hell did you find it?

i found it in some chinese/japanese page while searching in google images.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

A bunch of old stuff. Don't know if they got posted before.

tumblr_mr6t911ydg1rw70wfo1_r3_500.png

tumblr_mc1zxygUtz1rw70wfo1_500.png

-There are signs that the Well Stacked Pizza Co. from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was originally meant to reappear in the game:

• Outside the store "Pizza This", the employees are still seen sporting the logo and some with "Well Stacked Pizza Co." on the back of their shirts.
  • When blocking the route of certain taxis, the driver will sometimes shout lines such as "Hurry up, I need to get to Well Stacked!" and on occasion "My Pizza Stack's gettin cold, move it!"
  • Pedestrian-to-pedestrian dialog will occasionally involve whether Pizza Stack or Burger Shot is better.

-Internal files call the Beechwood City area of Broker "Grayfords", suggesting that Grayfords was Beechwood City's original name.

-There are references within the game's data files to a nightstick weapon, but no such weapon is available in the final game.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

So after 6 years and countless hours playing IV I finally saw the infamous mail man.

I was on my way to the Homebrew Cafe and there he was near the mail box out the front. It felt like seeing a unicorn lol.
  • Mr. Jago, TJGM, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

No, you would. lol

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

No, you would. lol

What do you mean? o_O

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

No, you would. lol

What do you mean? o_O

You would play every gta game.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

It is possible to complete the story missions and reach the end credits without completing all of Brucie's missions: the last mission from Brucie that is mandatory is the first part of "Out of the Closet", where Roman Bellic is present during the opening cutscene.

After setting the rendez-vous on the internet website, simply do not head over the dinner to meet your target for the duration of the rest of the game. Although note that you will be constantly reminded by text messages to meet your target.

Alternatively the player can complete the mission entirely but ignore the next and final of Brucie's missions "No.1". The advantage to skipping this mission is that Brucie as a result will never offer to become one of Niko's hangout buddies, which may be advantageous to some player who dislike the friendship gameplay feature.

By making certain other choices in the game, it's possible to only have Packie and Jacob, two out of five friends to hang out with.

• TheOtherRyan, word is bond and UltraGizmo64 like this

gta.bullet
  • gta.bullet

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:15 PM Edited by gta.bullet, 16 May 2014 - 06:21 PM.

- some women in hove beach have pistols, sometimes they show it briefly but never shoot.

- jamaican and irish peds help niko when he is attacked.

- there are two russian gangs. russian mob and russian gang. they also attack each other.

- a russian engineer spawns on plane wings and on top of the power plant's tower. he also fixs telephone poles and electric boxes. most hardworking ped in iv. :beerhat:

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

LAMAR DAVIS is mentioned on WKTT radio station, as having a relation with some girl. Playing it right now, just heard it from inside a taxi.
  • UltraGizmo64 and Naroon like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

No, you would. lol

What do you mean? o_O

You would play every gta game.

Gotta be kidding me.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

Niko can take things from people's hand, without making them drop to the floor. Just gently approach some ped, and press lb/l1 when close to them. He will just take it from their hands and the ped will walk away. Some of them will get spooked, some will engage in a brawl... everyone has a different reaction to it.

OFF TOPIC:Ive been having a lot of fun using this feature, too bad it is not included in V.

bradyg
  • bradyg

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

LCPD will actually engage Traffic Stops with NPC's. 

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

Niko can take things from people's hand, without making them drop to the floor. Just gently approach some ped, and press lb/l1 when close to them. He will just take it from their hands and the ped will walk away. Some of them will get spooked, some will engage in a brawl... everyone has a different reaction to it.

OFF TOPIC:Ive been having a lot of fun using this feature, too bad it is not included in V.

Very nice! Gotta try that :)

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

Very nice! Gotta try that :)

I find out today that you dont actually snatch it from peoples hand. looking closely, they "drop" the object, and before it hits the ground, Niko picks it up. The reactions are different, just like i told before.. the only difference is in the animation, where Niko dont exactly took it out of NPC's hands. Sorry for tha misleading information, but it is a nice addition though, worth the share.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

After you kill Faustin, if you go to Hove Beach and start trouble with a Russian gangster and he pulls out a gun and shoots at you, sometimes other Russian gangsters will be present and start shooting at each other in a gang war. There are two different and rival Russian Mobs in that area it seems. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users