The Adder: The New Saving's Bonds

81 replies to this topic
hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Homeboy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

What I'd like to see is a way to invest banked money that earns interest instead of just sitting there idle, like a business or something, then players can eventually become wealthy. Of course, that would encroach upon micro transactions.

Oh, you mean like in real life?

HAHA

I'm currently getting ONE CENT interest for every THOUSAND dollars in my savings account

I think he means like the Bawsaq.

or like storymode, buy business.     would be really complicated to put in online i think, but it would be nice..

• CenMan likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

I plan on leaving mine until I literally am out of cash.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Rockstar technically never said you could sell your Adders. They said you could keep everything, they said nothing about selling things. Selling =/= keeping.

On a side note, it's ironic how they're called "Adders".

Anything you own is yours to sell. You can call this "glitching" or whatever but it doesn't change the fact that it does not contradict anything Rockstar have said and does not abuse any of the game mechanics.

If Rockstar didn't want us to do this they would have warned us not to spend the gifted cash, or they would have reverted back to not being able to sell high end cars.

Plus it's like $8M maximum, not exactly economy-breaking. Before gifted billions, I managed to spend $1M in under a week so it won't last us a lifetime.

That and the fact that everybody already has tanks means there really is barely any advantage over self-proclaimed "legit" players. We might have cash for bounties etc but I for one will be as cautious and conservative as possible with my money now that it's no longer infinite.

• RAS_ZeroZ, Sugar Free Nos and Timely like this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

Rockstar technically never said you could sell your Adders. They said you could keep everything, they said nothing about selling things. Selling =/= keeping.

Anything you own is yours to sell. You can call this "glitching" or whatever but it doesn't change the fact that it does not contradict anything Rockstar have said and does not abuse any of the game mechanics.

If Rockstar didn't want us to do this they would have warned us not to spend the gifted cash, or they would have reverted back to not being able to sell high end cars.

Plus it's like $8M maximum, not exactly economy-breaking. Before gifted billions, I managed to spend $1M in under a week so it won't last us a lifetime.

That and the fact that everybody already has tanks means there really is barely any advantage over self-proclaimed "legit" players. We might have cash for bounties etc but I for one will be as cautious and conservative as possible with my money now that it's no longer infinite.

I´m not saying it´s fair or anything like that, I'm simply saying that Rockstar never said you would be allowed to sell all your stuff and keep the money. "Anything you own is yours to sell" is not what Rockstar said. They said anything you own is yours to keep. And saying this does not abuse any of the game's mechanics is ridiculous. Be honest, do you really think the ability to sell cars was put there so you could fill your entire garage with Adders bought from gifted money as a way to circumvent the money removal? Please.

I don't have a tank, and I'm a legit player. Players who were gifted money definately do have a huge advantage over legit players, financially speaking. I'm still struggling to fully mod every car in my garage, then I will start saving up for a buzzard, then for a tank. It's going to take ages. I'm level 89, mostly from doing high level missions. Money is slow for us legit players. I'm not complaining, this is the way the game was designed to be played so this is how I will play it. But don't tell me people who were gifted money and bought everything aren't all that much better off financially than me.

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

This is f*cking stupid.  If you own something you retail all rights to do whatever you want with it..  If R* wanted to put restrictions on it, they would have.  Why is that concept so hard to understand?  They said we can keep what we bought sans restrictions THEREFORE we can sell them with no fear of anything.

Anyone saying they sold their Adders and lost money is lying.

Anyone complaining that this is not legit or glitching is butthurt and jealous.

• Bozzah likes this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

This is f*cking stupid.  If you own something you retail all rights to do whatever you want with it..  If R* wanted to put restrictions on it, they would have.  Why is that concept so hard to understand?  They said we can keep what we bought sans restrictions THEREFORE we can sell them with no fear of anything.

Do you have a telepathic internet lie detector? If not, there's no way for you to know if they are lying. And with the number of reports of people losing that money, I'd be inclined to say they're telling the truth. Also, this is not the real world, and your real-world rights aren't necessarily valid in GTA. Saying you can keep, therefore you can sell is an assumption. Rockstar never said this.

Now, I don't give a sh*t how much money you have or how you got it. I'm just saying that Rockstar never said it was cool to stock up your garage with 10 Adders and then sell them after the gifted money removal. Were they vague in telling you what you could or could not do with the gifted money? Very much so. But it is still within their right to remove the money if you sold 10 or even 20 Adders right after the removal of gifted money, firstly because it's their game, secondly because they never said you could, and thirdly because it's an obvious attempt to keep gifted money that Rockstar is trying to remove.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

No one actually thinks that R* may have considered this method that people would use after and probably have some kind of system in place as to where they can detect people who will sell multiple Adders? They were able to see how much money you have and be able to fix the money issues. Don't you think they have a system as to where R* can see the cars you have in your garages as well?

no. and even if they did, it's allowed to have 10 chrome adders just for he e-dicks' sake...

the "system" for the money was probably very simple... Like everyone who has gained more than a certain amount of money within 24 hours got a reset on 550k?

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by CenMan, 17 January 2014 - 03:10 PM.

One more thing, everybody is way too upset about losing some things that they got for free (money) while still keeping lots of the stuff they got for free (pretty much anything you bought except if you bought 10 Adders and sold them too quickly).

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Do you have a telepathic internet lie detector? If not, there's no way for you to know if they are lying. And with the number of reports of people losing that money, I'd be inclined to say they're telling the truth. Also, this is not the real world, and your real-world rights aren't necessarily valid in GTA. Saying you can keep, therefore you can sell is an assumption. Rockstar never said this.

Now, I don't give a sh*t how much money you have or how you got it. I'm just saying that Rockstar never said it was cool to stock up your garage with 10 Adders and then sell them after the gifted money removal. Were they vague in telling you what you could or could not do with the gifted money? Very much so. But it is still within their right to remove the money if you sold 10 or even 20 Adders right after the removal of gifted money, firstly because it's their game, secondly because they never said you could, and thirdly because it's an obvious attempt to keep gifted money that Rockstar is trying to remove.

You don't understand how business or programmers or developers work.  That's the problem.

They KNEW people had stocked up on items to sell after the fact.  If they wanted to prohibit it they would've during the maintenance.  You're going out of your way to say that find an alternate meaning to "You can keep everything you've purchased" in regard to the gifted money.  We can KEEP it, so we can do whatever we want with it.  If that weren't the case they would've explicitly said so or put in some mechanic to prevent it from happening.

So again, you're jealous and butthurt and the only recompense for you is to feel that everyone else is doing something wrong and will be busted for it, so at the end of they day, they've lost and you have some won.

• ~TKP~ and charleyefc like this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

I´m not saying it´s fair or anything like that, I'm simply saying that Rockstar never said you would be allowed to sell all your stuff and keep the money. "Anything you own is yours to sell" is not what Rockstar said. They said anything you own is yours to keep. And saying this does not abuse any of the game's mechanics is ridiculous. Be honest, do you really think the ability to sell cars was put there so you could fill your entire garage with Adders bought from gifted money as a way to circumvent the money removal? Please.

I don't have a tank, and I'm a legit player. Players who were gifted money definately do have a huge advantage over legit players, financially speaking. I'm still struggling to fully mod every car in my garage, then I will start saving up for a buzzard, then for a tank. It's going to take ages. I'm level 89, mostly from doing high level missions. Money is slow for us legit players. I'm not complaining, this is the way the game was designed to be played so this is how I will play it. But don't tell me people who were gifted money and bought everything aren't all that much better off financially than me.
To be honest I didn't really factor in people who never got gifted, I assumed it was pretty much everybody. My points were relation to people who were gifted but didn't buy adders vs people who were gifted and did buy adders. You make some good points, but it doesn't change what I said about tanks. People who didn't make adder investments with their gifted cash probably still have tanks and it's still only $200 for them to cause hell.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:32 PM Edited by CenMan, 17 January 2014 - 03:36 PM.

You don't understand how business or programmers or developers work.  That's the problem.

They KNEW people had stocked up on items to sell after the fact.  If they wanted to prohibit it they would've during the maintenance.  You're going out of your way to say that find an alternate meaning to "You can keep everything you've purchased" in regard to the gifted money.  We can KEEP it, so we can do whatever we want with it.  If that weren't the case they would've explicitly said so or put in some mechanic to prevent it from happening.

So again, you're jealous and butthurt and the only recompense for you is to feel that everyone else is doing something wrong and will be busted for it, so at the end of they day, they've lost and you have some won.

Part in bold:

Says who? Apperantly not Rockstar, because they're removing the money if you're blatantly using the fact that you can keep purchases in order to keep gifted money, which was supposed to be removed. The whole point of this maintenance thing was to remove gifted money. The "stock up on Adders to sell" thing is clearly a way to keep gifted money, which was not intended.

I'm not jealous or butthurt. Like I said, I don't give a sh*t how much money you have or how you got it. I'm just saying that if you stocked up on Adders and sold them all right away, that's pretty dumb of you because it was to be expected that Rockstar would remove the profit from them. You yourself said Rockstar knew people would stock up on things to sell after the maintenance. It would be very naive of you to think that they would do nothing about this.

I'm not going out of my way to give an alternate meaning to "you can keep whatever you purchased." YOU are the one doing exactly this. You are turning it to "you can sell whatever you purchased to get a couple of million back". This is clearly not what Rockstar intended. If you had any shred of logic in you you would understand this, no matter how vague they were in saying what you can and can't keep.

To be honest I didn't really factor in people who never got gifted, I assumed it was pretty much everybody. My points were relation to people who were gifted but didn't buy adders vs people who were gifted and did buy adders. You make some good points, but it doesn't change what I said about tanks. People who didn't make adder investments with their gifted cash probably still have tanks and it's still only $200 for them to cause hell.

Oh yeah that's not a big difference. There's no need to have 7 million if you already bought everything anyway.

To be clear, it may seem like I want everybody to lose all gifted money in all shapes and forms, but that's not the case. In fact if you like to get money the easy way, I hope you can keep everything. My only point is that it was to be expected that Rockstar would do something about people keeping a sizeable chunk of the gifted cash by purposefully trying to work around the removal of it.

• senormidget likes this

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

CenMan = butt hurt  :lol:

• Timely likes this

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

If you're getting upset over others making better decisions by securing money for the future, then you need evaluate how you play video games. Stop being upset and play the game. 

Stop crying about stupid things. 

• Scoobroid and shootingallovertheplace like this

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

If you're getting upset over others making better decisions by securing money for the future, then you need evaluate how you play video games. Stop being upset and play the game. 

Stop crying about stupid things. 

Word.

It's a bit sad that the big new argument on here since Moneygeddon is between those that stockpiled Adder$ and those who didn't (featuring "Ha Ha/ OMG Adder money is gone).

All I would like to point out is that as far as I am aware, there has been no solid proof of profit from sold adder$ going missing yet, just lots of unsubstantiated rumour which has to be balanced against plenty posting that they have sold and not had it happen.

Seems to me that there are far too many people around here upset that either they didn't think of it/do it or that others did.

• Timely and StewNorth like this

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

The funny thing is all the signs were on the wall that R* would remove the fake money at anytime. So anyone who had $100 gazillion dollars and never thought of laundering their money into some property, or other assets like cars, tanks, bikes, only has themselves to blame. 

Or they can come on here on GTA Forums and make up lies about how adder money is suddenly disappearing out of thin air. 

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

CenMan = butt hurt  :lol:

For what? I chose to not be gifted any money. And I'm happy for all those who got to keep their money if they wanted it.

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

I hope that people doing this get lumped into the cheater's pool with the other noobs. The purge on cheaters was designed to separate us from each other. By selling Adders you bought with modded cash prior to this maintenance makes you just as bad as the people bringing the money in. Sorry but it does. Hopefully they take these people down with the next crack down. Why can't you fools just play the game properly? 
Too many noob kids on this game. Rockstar needs to start banning minors just because they are minors. Kids are sh*t and I don't want to hear them on GTA.

Shark cards

Jesus Christ people.. Of course they fix the money thing first. Who the hell would buy shark cards when almost everyone has billions? Hackers messed with R* money making scheme.

They don't sell RP cards.

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Wasn't money saved in bank available for both characters?

I switched to my backup character and sold one Adder.

Returned to my main character and the money was not there. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

Wasn't money saved in bank available for both characters?
I switched to my backup character and sold one Adder.
Returned to my main character and the money was not there. 

Are you sure you deposited it? It still works. I did it today.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Sell one a week. I'm pretty sure they may introduce the non selling of premium cars again in the future.
Patches generally come out on a Tuesday. So I'll sell one adder every Monday just in case.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

why is this still going on?

you can sell as much adders as you want

now shut up every1 and some1 lock this thread

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

i stored both characters with 10 each. sold 6 out of each garage. im going to do my best to stay above 7 million dollars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users