The Adder: The New Saving's Bonds

81 replies to this topic
codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

No one actually thinks that R* may have considered this method that people would use after and probably have some kind of system in place as to where they can detect people who will sell multiple Adders? They were able to see how much money you have and be able to fix the money issues. Don't you think they have a system as to where R* can see the cars you have in your garages as well?

They don't. Cheaters generally think they can get away with anything...hence is why they cheater. Erase all common sense when speaking with them or about them, they only communicate on the base level of "OH LOOK AT ME I CAN STILL GET MAH MONEEZ LOLOLOLOLOL"

Or something rather. This too...shall pass.

But here's my question, someone else asked it but it seems none of you Adder hoarders are brave enough to answer...what happens when you sell them all? Will that feeling of butterflies in the stomach go away?

Exactly what i've been saying. I woundn't be surprised if there were some fallout from selling tehm all at once..

Seems like there has been already. 

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

What I'd like to see is a way to invest banked money that earns interest instead of just sitting there idle, like a business or something, then players can eventually become wealthy. Of course, that would encroach upon micro transactions.

Bawsaq would have been nice.  Sadly I think Rockstar scrapped that idea for GTAO.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

I only have one Adder that I bought with gifted money on my first character. I don't use it so I'm thinking of selling it. Its not chrome, don't worry. I originally got it to try it out and as a investment if the swoop happens.  Should I sell it now? Already have an Entity for racing.

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

This is my Adder retirement fund, I wont sell them all at once, just on a need to basis:

0_0.jpg

lordlucan
  • lordlucan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

I sold 7 adders around 3 hours ago. Just went to sell another and it comes up with the cant sell vehicles over $50,000

Unlucky adder lovers

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

I sold 7 adders around 3 hours ago. Just went to sell another and it comes up with the cant sell vehicles over $50,000

Unlucky adder lovers

are you sure the one you tried to sell wasn't purchased before 1.07 and you just didn't realize it?

• secrules2 likes this

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Take your time selling them though. I sold one and still have the money so far but lots of people are not having the same luck according to this thread:

http://gtaforums.com...-million-again/

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Actually they seperated the 2 characters banks. So now you cant share the same money in the bank. 

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Actually they seperated the 2 characters banks. So now you cant share the same money in the bank. 

Nope.  Don't forget to actually deposit the cash before switching characters or it won't show up.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Mrwhiteglasses
  • Mrwhiteglasses

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Sold few z-types and an adder. Will see if 2mil stay or go.

R* left me 400k which was legit, but thing is ... I used monies wisely beforehand and cherry picked cars I finally liked. Shame they have left ownership rights to Pegasus fleet,so many kids would use military fleet they didn't deserve/earn.

So overall, its not too bad.

To be honest, I am rather settled.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

No one actually thinks that R* may have considered this method that people would use after and probably have some kind of system in place as to where they can detect people who will sell multiple Adders? They were able to see how much money you have and be able to fix the money issues. Don't you think they have a system as to where R* can see the cars you have in your garages as well?

Yeah, they're apparently that smart yet they're dumb enough to not ban the people with obviously hacked RP levels, hacked world records, restore the Rat Rod and Seminole, finally fix the hacked money problem for good, fix the wall hacks, etc., etc. YEAH RIGHT. If they can't fix any of the above problems then there's no chance in hell that they developed some system to detect Adder sales.

And to OP, this whole thread is completely useless. Everyone already knows that people are doing this; it's been discussed in numerous topics and already has topics of its own. You figured out that it was a good idea to fill character 2's garage full of Adders. Congratulations. Now if you and everyone else who did this were smart you'd keep your lips sealed...

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

I hope that people doing this get lumped into the cheater's pool with the other noobs. The purge on cheaters was designed to separate us from each other. By selling Adders you bought with modded cash prior to this maintenance makes you just as bad as the people bringing the money in. Sorry but it does. Hopefully they take these people down with the next crack down. Why can't you fools just play the game properly? 
Too many noob kids on this game. Rockstar needs to start banning minors just because they are minors. Kids are sh*t and I don't want to hear them on GTA.

• PkUnzipper likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

How does my having $9 million dollars effect your game play?  I deserve to be in the cheaters pool eh.  Well, anybody that buys cash cards is equally guilty because having that money is somehow changing the environment of the game for you.

• JonWal, iJuanYouLost, beat_savy_9 and 1 other like this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

How does my having $9 million dollars effect your game play?  I deserve to be in the cheaters pool eh.  Well, anybody that buys cash cards is equally guilty because having that money is somehow changing the environment of the game for you.

This point is relevant in my opinion and I agree with it.

• JonWal and dSk_43 like this

K1llad0r
  • K1llad0r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

Sell everything you got! 👍 then end up with nada!

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

Someone could have bought hundreds of millions of dollars worth of stocks in BAWSAQ before the cash was taken away then sell the stocks to get the money back. Any slight loses you would have risked still would have outweighed what Rockstar took away. Ahhh, hindsight.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Sell everything you got! then end up with nada!

That's why selling them slowly while still farming legit money is the best way.

Sold only one adder over 6 hours ago, and still got the money. If you suddenly gained 7mil within 24 hours then I'm sure will arouse suspicion. However if you take things slow, then it'll be much harder to keep track of it.

Besides from what I've seen/heard, the hackers are already planning their comeback. Meaning Rockstar will probablhy already have its hands full to find the time to deal with the adder sellers. And yes, of course I'm speculating. But that doesn't mean I'm wrong either. Time will tell.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:36 AM Edited by SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom, 17 January 2014 - 01:36 AM.

most gta players would get arrested within minutes with their lack of money laundering skills. 

or lack of common sense.  

• PkUnzipper likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

ill sell my adders one at a time as needed...

after all, i have everything i want in the game, my only expenses are on ammo and paying insurances.

today i used $260k of the 550k R* gave me, while making 100k in freeroam battling and hunting bounties.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

They don't. Cheaters generally think they can get away with anything...hence is why they cheater. Erase all common sense when speaking with them or about them, they only communicate on the base level of "OH LOOK AT ME I CAN STILL GET MAH MONEEZ LOLOLOLOLOL"

Or something rather. This too...shall pass.

But here's my question, someone else asked it but it seems none of you Adder hoarders are brave enough to answer...what happens when you sell them all? Will that feeling of butterflies in the stomach go away?

Exactly what i've been saying. I woundn't be surprised if there were some fallout from selling tehm all at once..

The smart ones will take the OP's advice in the thread title and sell them gradually.   :lol:

It would be real easy to money launder $1 million at LSC and then spend some 40% on buying weapons/ammo/armor for missions and hanging out in FM etc.

So it would be a lot harder for R* to detect several small 1 million dollar transactions v. a single $10 million+ one.  Because ppl who really grind the game can easily make that in a 1-2 real hours or so.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Of course they have. Did you forget the part that R* said we could spend the money? Did you forget about the part about them saying they would only take the money? Selling these is perfect fine as far as what they have said.

R* just removed my $$$ from selling 10 chrome adders on my 2nd char backup account.  Seems they are now doing live real time sweeps of players such as myself who foolishly sold their personal vehicles well in excess of some database & char stat sweeps.

DON'T SELL YOUR PV'S!!!!

That is bull. A bunch of people did this and sold them first thing when they got on.....nothing happened.

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Better safe than sorry. Would you rather hide under the radar and nibble tiny bits here and there, or just make an burning SOS with cash fueling it for the Rockstar search plane to notice?

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

I don't get why people are getting so worked up about this. Rockstar said we could keep anything we bought with the gifted cash and the game allows you to sell any car you own.

By your logic, anybody who bought weapons and ammo with gifted cash are morally obligated to drop all those weapons and go and buy them "legit".

• lRushdown and Timely like this

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

I don't get why people are getting so worked up about this. Rockstar said we could keep anything we bought with the gifted cash and the game allows you to sell any car you own.

By your logic, anybody who bought weapons and ammo with gifted cash are morally obligated to drop all those weapons and go and buy them "legit".

Right, it's not like we can re-sell our purchased Pegasus vehicles and ammunition like we can with the 20 Adders we modded for a high value to resell once they wiped our cash to play on an even pla..........oh wait.

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Playa

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

sold 3 adders.   i have allso switched character, turned xbox on and off to se..    money still there.

Gran Feft Orto
  • Gran Feft Orto

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Rockstar should remove all purchases made using glitched money - taregting anyone with multiple high end vehicles

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Playa

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

glad they didnt, and desided to let us keep everything, its not that much money anyway. compared to everyone having billions.

allso there would probably be a problem to figure out whitch vehicles was bought with fakemoney.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Rockstar technically never said you could sell your Adders. They said you could keep everything, they said nothing about selling things. Selling =/= keeping.

On a side note, it's ironic how they're called "Adders".

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

What I'd like to see is a way to invest banked money that earns interest instead of just sitting there idle, like a business or something, then players can eventually become wealthy. Of course, that would encroach upon micro transactions.

Oh, you mean like in real life?

HAHA

I'm currently getting ONE CENT interest for every THOUSAND dollars in my savings account

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Oh, you mean like in real life?

HAHA

I'm currently getting ONE CENT interest for every THOUSAND dollars in my savings account

I think he means like the Bawsaq.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users