Photo

The Adder: The New Saving's Bonds

81 replies to this topic
TheSkullmasher
  • TheSkullmasher

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

So post-purge, many of us made a second character piled on with adders.

My question is, what will you do with them?

Will you mass-sell them to feel rich again?

Or will you sell them as you need them?

Personally I just sold one, got my 600k, and I'm going to hang on to the others for when I really need them.

• LeAristocrat, Timely and charleyefc like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

Now I kinda wish I got counterfeit cash for this reason...oh well. :-)

• LeAristocrat likes this

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

i thought about loading up my second dude with adders.  Then I thought, nah.  R* wouldn't be so dumb as to allow something as obvious as that to work!  

I'm the dumb one...

oh well, I did go from $35k and living in a Bucaneer to $200k with an apartment and 10 cars I like.  

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

I have 1 Adder.

edub1906
  • edub1906

EST--5 hrs behind UK/14 hrs behind AUS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Got an extra Adder or two just in case.  Quite honestly there is nothing else in the game I really want to buy.  I have all of the ammo and clothes I need. 

I would much rather have a functional vehicle for a few missions, like my beloved Sandking XL, than a 2 seater super sports car.

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Killing men is a strange kind of fame.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

No one actually thinks that R* may have considered this method that people would use after and probably have some kind of system in place as to where they can detect people who will sell multiple Adders? They were able to see how much money you have and be able to fix the money issues. Don't you think they have a system as to where R* can see the cars you have in your garages as well?

• Grimase likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Big dog. Big nuts

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

I stupidly sold my my expensive cars before the maintenance but no regrets. I pretty much did anything I cam with the $$ so nothing to worry about

TheSkullmasher
  • TheSkullmasher

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

No one actually thinks that R* may have considered this method that people would use after and probably have some kind of system in place as to where they can detect people who will sell multiple Adders? They were able to see how much money you have and be able to fix the money issues. Don't you think they have a system as to where R* can see the cars you have in your garages as well?

Well, of course. Which is why I'm only selling 1 every once and a while. If not only 1 and 1 maybe way later if I need a new purchase (Like if they release new houses etc.)

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

They don't. Cheaters generally think they can get away with anything...hence is why they cheater. Erase all common sense when speaking with them or about them, they only communicate on the base level of "OH LOOK AT ME I CAN STILL GET MAH MONEEZ LOLOLOLOLOL"

Or something rather. This too...shall pass.

But here's my question, someone else asked it but it seems none of you Adder hoarders are brave enough to answer...what happens when you sell them all? Will that feeling of butterflies in the stomach go away?

• PkUnzipper likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

think I'm gonna sell one just so i'll be a millionaire again

will sell the rest as needed since I can't be arsed to drive to and from LSC 10 times having to wait 48 minutes in between

Grimase
  • Grimase

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

They don't. Cheaters generally think they can get away with anything...hence is why they cheater. Erase all common sense when speaking with them or about them, they only communicate on the base level of "OH LOOK AT ME I CAN STILL GET MAH MONEEZ LOLOLOLOLOL"

But here's my question, someone else asked it but it seems none of you Adder hoarders are brave enough to answer...what happens when you sell them all? Will that feeling of butterflies in the stomach go away?

Exactly what i've been saying. I woundn't be surprised if there were some fallout from selling tehm all at once..

Vateriel
  • Vateriel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Anybody thinking Rockstar could disable selling cars from Legendary Motorsport?

SD361
  • SD361

The Professional

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

My second character had 4 adders, 2 entitys and a couple different bikes. I actually like the way the garage looked. Now I'm feeling remorseful about selling one. haha

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 16 January 2014 - 07:54 PM.

Grimase, on 16 Jan 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:Grimase, on 16 Jan 2014 - 8:45 PM, said:

Thr33X, on 16 Jan 2014 - 8:41 PM, said:Thr33X, on 16 Jan 2014 - 8:41 PM, said:

GTAVArtem013, on 16 Jan 2014 - 8:35 PM, said:GTAVArtem013, on 16 Jan 2014 - 8:35 PM, said:

Exactly what i've been saying. I woundn't be surprised if there were some fallout from selling tehm all at once..

you should be

seriously people are you new to this game?

you could make millions in a matter of minutes at LSC and did they ever remove any of that money?

no they didn't\

they literally said we got to keep anything bought with the gifted money

including the 10 adders sitting in my garage

now combine those 2 things

loads of glitched sales a LSC that have gone completely unpunished

a bunch of cars in my garage that according to R* are now legit

what exactly makes you think I can't sell these cars?

give me one good reason

• Fox2Quick and Timely like this

TheSkullmasher
  • TheSkullmasher

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

I personally think if you sell all 10 of them and get your 6 mil, R* might notice, maybe. I'm only selling ONE, so I have my million, and when I'm broke again I'll sell another, I don't really think they could persecute me for that.

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

I sold one to get some cash. They left me with $3,400. I couldn't even fill up my assault rifle ammo. lol

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

There isn't. R* said anything you buy with gifted money is yours to do with what you will. If you checked other threads, you'd see all the people who've already sold all theirs with no consequences. Why? Because, regardless of the F-you it is to R*, it's still playing buy the rules. You get gifted money and buy Adders, which is allowed. They then say you can keep it all, which people did. This now just amounts to the simple mechanic of, I bought a car I no longer want, I shall sell it.

Btw with bought cars, you don't have to wait 48 mins.
  • Timely and iainspad like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

I sold one to get some cash. They left me with $3,400. I couldn't even fill up my assault rifle ammo. lol

Quick! Rob some stores!

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Quick! Rob some stores!

Don't need to now! I'm solidly middle-class. I have $616,000, a paid off house, and a garage full of fast cars.

• Magick and iainspad like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Quick! Rob some stores!

Don't need to now! I'm solidly middle-class. I have $616,000, a paid off house, and a garage full of fast cars.

That was a big lottery win!

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

I have 348k.

TinyMcBig
  • TinyMcBig

BigMcTiny

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

What I get from all this is that we're fine but any people who start playing now are screwed. Not sure how many people that will ever be.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 16 January 2014 - 08:27 PM.

I sold all 18 adders that I had today.   Played for a couple of hours, modded and painted some cars, sent mercs after a couple of people, called in an airstrike once... spent $500,000 just playing around.  Once the money runs out I won't be playing much more.. I'm just not interested in grinding missions.  All the decent missions I've done 10 times each..  kind of a drag being forced into them so I can buy ammo and paint a car.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

I sold all 18 adders that I had today.   Played for a couple of hours, modded and painted some cars, sent mercs after a couple of people, called in an airstrike once... spent $500,000 just playing around.  Once the money runs out I won't be playing much more.. I'm just not interested in grinding missions.  All the decent missions I've done 10 times each..  kind of a drag being forced into them so I can buy ammo and paint a car.

So you can sell them one after another, no waiting 48 minutes?  I'll sell mine right away just to clear out my 2nd characters garage and move her back to the slums where she belongs.

• PancakePoon likes this

Willie Fisterbottom
  • Willie Fisterbottom

Grand Theft Tank: Online

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

R* just removed my $$$ from selling 10 chrome adders on my 2nd char backup account.  Seems they are now doing live real time sweeps of players such as myself who foolishly sold their personal vehicles well in excess of some database & char stat sweeps.

DON'T SELL YOUR PV'S!!!!

TomKongPhooey
  • TomKongPhooey

No 1 Superguy! (xbox)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

lol too funny :-)

• abnorm likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

I did not buy a bunch of those cars.. Not having all that money has made the game even more fun again.

Hell, I have everything I want, pegasus vehicles, the cars that I want, Apartment in Richards Majestics. Now I can do things to make money with what I have gained from the gifted.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Sold 3 and have 7 left and about 2.5 m in the bank. Might sell off one a day or so or just wait to see if mansions come out. I own everything so i don't see myself blowing through money too quickly.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

I'm in no rush to sell them all in one swoop.

Gonna go through them slowly before the next patch not to raise any suspicion though (tinfoil hat ftw!).

Do some decent job farming, then sell an adder. By the end of next week, I should have about 10mil if all goes to plan.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

What I'd like to see is a way to invest banked money that earns interest instead of just sitting there idle, like a business or something, then players can eventually become wealthy. Of course, that would encroach upon micro transactions.

• iJuanYouLost, MANIAC-MONK and StewNorth like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users