Photo

Post Maint. Update Thread

40 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Lets keep all the discussion in one place. Here you can discuss whether or not you can get online yet and how the maintenance has affected you, ie: Money/vehicles removed.

Update is complete:

http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

Check out this thread by Seawall for a list of changes after the maintenance. I will quote it for ease.

http://gtaforums.com...utdown-removed/

(I will continue to keep this 1st post up to date as long as this forum is alive and kicking)

(last updated Jan. 16,2014 8:42am CST)

OK what has "The Shutdown"/1.10 removed?

Okay here we go again. Those of you that have seen or been following my "What has _.__ removed?" threads knows how this works. The rest of you thank you for reading my thread please feel free to contribute. I will post all relevant and/ important information here on the 1st post. I always try to keep everything that has been removed/found/modded/glitched/added to the game from update to update all in one place.

Alright, lets get a list of what has been removed, fixed, stopped, or patched, below.(ex. Tanks, SP>MP, LSC money, etc.)

Post any work arounds or glitches to get past the removals, fixes, stops, or patches that you may have found below, also.(Lag switch Trick, Different Dupes, etc)

So, lets keep this community on top of what has been changed and what hasn't, lets keep each other informed. I will start my investigation of Online post "Shutdown"/1.09 in the morning.

\/-\/ Please lets get it started below \/-\/

Updated *UNOFFICAL* Compiled List, from R*, R*SC, GTAforums, & GTAV
(last updated Jan. 16,2014 8:42am CST)
(I will continue to keep this 1st post up to date as long as this forum is alive and kicking)

*I will do a "clean up and rearrangement" of the 1st after the huge inflow of new information calms down and then I will continue to do as I have in the past with my "OK what has _.__ removed?" threads and keep the thread and the 1st post upto date with EVERYTHING new, that I can prove/confirm or get from a reliable source. So I would expect that early tomorrow morning I will have the 1st post of this thread "Cleaned up and arranged" in my normal(odd) format.*

Patch Notes & other info.:

-GTA ONLINE IS BACK UP, enjoy.

-As of 9:00PM EST on 1/15/14, Grand Theft Auto Online is currently down for maintenance until Thursday, January 16th. We expect to be back up within 24 hours.

-Players who were in GTA Online when the maintenance began received a message stating that they had been kicked from the session by a Rockstar Admin. This is normal and does not mean we have taken any disciplinary action against the account.

-During the maintenance period, GTA Online will be inaccessible and an incorrect error message will appear when attempting to enter GTA Online, stating that GTA Online will be available once the Prologue is completed.  You will not have to complete the Prologue again when maintenance is over.  We apologize for the inconvenience and will correct this in the future - you do not need to complete the Prologue again.

-Update: The maintenance period has begun

-Players who were in GTA Online when the maintenance began may have received a message stating that they had been kicked from the session by a Rockstar Admin. This is normal and does not mean we have taken any disciplinary action against the account.

~"http://www.rockstarg...ce-period.html"

~"http://support.rocks...cles/201829358"

~"http://www.ign.com/v...-ign-daily-fix"

-Modded/Hacked/Exploited RP BLATANTLY may have been removed.

It appears only BLATANT RP exploiters had RP removed, so far.

-Modded/Hacked/Exploited Money HAS been removed & will continue to do sweeps in the future.(100% Confirmed)

~"we routinely do sweeps to separate out cheaters and modders, and to reverse any illegitimate transactions."

~"as part of today’s maintenance period, we are removing the counterfeit GTA$ from the game's economy."

~"be aware that we will be making community-wide automatic adjustments to players’ account balances to remove the modded money"

~It appears that if you obtained "counterfeit" money and spent more than you had earned legit R* will set your account to a default $550,000.

"http://www.rockstarg...-cheaters.html"

"http://support.rocks...cles/201617423"

-Receivers of gifted Money WILL NOT be punished.

"Anyone that innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action"

-Cheaters WILL be punished.

"Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion."

-Punishments will include; isolated cheater pools or complete bans from GTA Online.

"may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether."

-You WILL be able to keep anything you bought with "counterfeit" money.

"you'll be able to keep any items you currently own."

-It appears to Vehicles have been removed from PV.

(Cannot confirm Mariachi Tornado or Insured Blazers)

-Many more patches to come.

~"We have deployed several hotfixes to prevent this type of activity, and will be adding further cheat protection in future Title Updates as well."

-Why did R* set your $ at what they did?;

~Q:How did you calculate the adjusted account balance for each player who was in possession of modded GTA$?  What happened if deducting the amount of modded GTA$ from a particular account would have resulted in a very low, or negative, balance?
~A: The adjusted account balances are the result of removing modded money.  For accounts that would have been left with little or no GTA$ after correction, we added sufficient funds to continue playing and enjoying GTA Online.  We are able to distinguish between players who generated modded GTA$ themselves, those who only received modded funds, and people who did not mod themselves but repeatedly received and spread large amounts using the “share cash” feature.  Those classifications factor into the minimum threshold, which may vary, for post-adjustment balances on accounts that had already spent modded funds.  Please note that we are not removing items purchased with modded GTA$.

-GTA ONLINE IS BACK UP, enjoy.

*I will not be posting any information or links for any DNS or ISO modding. I no longer want to support this type of degradation of this game and gameplay. IMO a glitch is R*s fault but a DNS or ISO mod is intentional hacking to ruin the gameplay experience for other players.*

If anyone is interested in the changes that happened on the 1.07, 1.08, or 1.09 updates here they are, as well as many of the work arounds:

1.07: "http://gtaforums.com...s-107-removed/"

1.08: "http://gtaforums.com...s-108-removed/"

1.09: "http://gtaforums.com...s-109-removed/"

Sources:
-R* patch notes
-Youtube
-GTA forums
-7sins
-My own playing experiences
-And most importantly My Thread Contributors
  • Toke, Ninjambie and JayDM420 like this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

good idea...starting to get jumbled up  :^:

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Adder investments can be sold. confirmed with photo proof by the right honorable Wanes 

• senormidget, wanes and StewNorth like this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Adder investments can be sold. confirmed with photo proof by the right honorable Wanes 

i have also checked, there sellable 

• dannybohy likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

wolf3b.gif

• senormidget, TensaZangetsu and K-lub84 like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

Vigilante

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Oh Rockstar.

l9cOgAM.jpg?2

• StormerBoy, kstowe, Soulchild and 3 others like this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

All the cash on the second character is gone.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

@Above: LOL

Those store owners are going to be busy

• Gballin23 and Canibitch like this

himynameisdamien
  • himynameisdamien

Mr Whoopee

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

For those wondering the pearlescent on matte paint is still available and I currently don't have cornrows tattooed on my head

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Adderaires unite 

• StewNorth likes this

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

$1.4B dirty money gone.

According to Social Club, now $528K cash, $0 bank.

I bought $4.25M on shark cards before hacked money started, and spent all but $400K to stock my garage with the upgraded cars that are still in there now.

I did load my second character's garage with 10 stock Adders, I'm no goody-two-shoes, I admit.

I've never played any earlier versions of GTA, but I'm finding this "global" situation very entertaining!  I won't be too surprised if hacked money starts showing up again, people are resourceful, and R* seems to have rushed an insecure product to market without properly testing it.  Sweeps and resets to $550K may become a regular thing.

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Could I have an adder please

I wish I had done that now

• GoodGreen and SwingingSpidey like this

thebazeman
  • thebazeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

instead of taking actions on cheaters/modders who shared money with others, R* should add content that keeps the game worth playing. recently, i've started to play GTA IV again because V became boring. who cares if someone has a billion $ on his account? no one. who cares if we can play intresting game modes? everyone.

it's not the hackers which ruin the GTA online experience, it's R* itself.

topic: GTA:O is back up again... the money is gone, but spawning is still possible (said a friend a few minutes ago).

you failed, R*

• Shmiqq likes this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Still got my tank muwahahaha.

• StormerBoy likes this

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

I still have all my cars, my rank, and what appears to be half of my money ($12M).

xRevItx
  • xRevItx

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Couldnt you already rob the stores?

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by mbhitman, 16 January 2014 - 03:29 PM.

Of course. Who said you couldn't before??

That photo has nothing to do with robbing stores! It's just to show his Adders weren't taken away in the update.
  • xRevItx likes this

xRevItx
  • xRevItx

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Zoobs post confused me thats all

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

It's just to show his Adders are still there.
  • xRevItx likes this

xRevItx
  • xRevItx

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

I bought 1 adder last night on my 1st character just for the hell of it to see if it would still be there today. According to R* SC its still there but I wont know until I get home from work. If it is in my garage I will be taking it to LSC and selling it. I wanted to switched to my 2nd character last night but forgot.

Breaking Windows
  • Breaking Windows

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

470k cash left,ALL Pegasus transport still available.full gargage.....im happy with that :lol:

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

The cops seem easier to shake now? And the wanted level timer seems shorter?

Anyone else think the cops pursuit has been nerfed?

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

Vigilante

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

lol. Sorry man. I just thought it was funny that  the message popped up on screen when I had Adders in garage. :p

• xRevItx likes this

ownal0t
  • ownal0t

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

just made my account here. whats up everyone?

anyway  i just noticed that walking into my garages for some reason locks up my game but driving in is just fine.  anyone else getting this?

sitting on a bank of 550k ATM with my adders ready to go

ojo
  • ojo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Yes. They're not physically bumping you as much as they used to..At least at 2 stars anyway. 

This is a good thing, IMO..

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:11 PM Edited by Thr33X, 16 January 2014 - 04:11 PM.

Sooooooooo...

You bought a garage full of Adders to sell, and...

*crickets*

So you sell one when you run out of money or you just sell them all but another buttload of cash, and this benefits...what? Your ego? All I see is people who've done this bragging as if they've beaten the system when the truth of the matter is that everyone who bought what they needed or wanted with dirty money I assume actually needed or wanted what they have, so people are for the most part satisfied. Your excess doesn't make you better and it doesn't mean you "beat the system"...it just means you're a no-talent hack who needs to validate themselves with fake money.

Seriously, what're you spending it on? Bullets? Tanks? Buzzards? If you have to rely on that sh*t, you already suck like Sasha Grey used to (but of course she did the good kind of sucking).

• Face Down likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Woohoo!

No they were always easy to avoid...but their shots are deadlier.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

Vigilante

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Sooooooooo...

*crickets*

So you sell one when you run out of money or you just sell them all but another buttload of cash, and this benefits...what? Your ego? All I see is people who've done this bragging as if they've beaten the system when the truth of the matter is that everyone who bought what they needed or wanted with dirty money I assume actually needed or wanted what they have, so people are for the most part satisfied. Your excess doesn't make you better and it doesn't mean you "beat the system"...it just means you're a no-talent hack who needs to validate themselves with fake money.

Seriously, what're you spending it on? Bullets? Tanks? Buzzards? If you have to rely on that sh*t, you already suck like Sasha Grey used to (but of course she did the good kind of sucking).

If you're talking to me about the picture. You could at least quote me so I know.

I don't really understand why you're so upset. I never bragged about anything. That's on my 2nd character. They are just sitting there in case I ever need some cash. Which I probably won't need to for a while.

• StewNorth likes this

ownal0t
  • ownal0t

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Sooooooooo...

*crickets*

yep i got the adders to stroke my ego. *SARCASM* 

maybe i have more fun on this game when  money ISNT an issue?   i dont grief people  i play so i can enjoy my self. hell for the last few weeks all i really did witht he money was buy all the things i want and mod random cars just out of  curiosity and fun.

i have a tank and a buzzard for self defense reasons TBQH.  the tank doesnt see daylight unless i get killed by one.  and i onl called my buzzard once  to get on MT chillad. <_<  

but K. im stroking my ego. 

ownal0t
  • ownal0t

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

LOL R* never fixed that glitch that uninsured your car?  oh people are going to be mad about that. just had to drop a tenth of what r* left me on that alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users