I can't join Online?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic
ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

Hot hairy guy avatar is temporary.

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by ChrilLe, 16 January 2014 - 02:32 PM.

Okay homes, I suppose that GTA: Online is up and running again. But when I wanted to join Online via the ''Online'' tab in the pause menu, only a text that said something like You need to complete Prologue before proceeding to Online. I'm aware this is the first mission, I have tried to replay it, but it didn't really work.

Am I supposed to start a new game or some?

EDIT: Oh well, servers up and running for real now. Sweet.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Are you aware of the Search function? Or reading Rockstars website?

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Trick

• Members

Or do you even read the latest post titles when you visit the site?

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

its just a matter of time, R* said 24 hours from 9pm EST... id say that gives about another 11 hours to go (im GMT so not exact conversion)

bb9e43ab5aa33d4624bc764c783dba9fe5bab8b1

• ChrilLe likes this

Cragovich
  • Cragovich

The Division.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

There is a post on R* Support saying that's the standard message you'll get when servers are down. Everything will run as normal again when they're back up.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

No, no I didn't and if I did, I wouldn't been making this topic.

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

another 11 hours to go.

11 hours ? f*ck that sh!t i'm gonna go buy a ps4.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

i think thats the point they are trying to make... if you search before you post it saves having a million topics on the same subject...

it much easier for everyone to discuss the server maintenance on one thread... plus it makes the mods life a lot easier not having to lock every thread like this...  and protects OPs like yourself from getting flamed for not searching/reading the first page of the forum...

obv my original reply is tongue in cheek but not everyone is used to forum "etiquette", i prefer to save being a dick until you prove to me its necessary (not everyone share my view) :), so for now ill try and be helpful :)

• ChrilLe likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Servers are back.. I just got online.

• ChrilLe likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

i think thats the point they are trying to make... if you search before you post it saves having a million topics on the same subject...

it much easier for everyone to discuss the server maintenance on one thread... plus it makes the mods life a lot easier not having to lock every thread like this...  and protects OPs like yourself from getting flamed for not searching/reading the first page of the forum...

obv my original reply is tongue in cheek but not everyone is used to forum "etiquette", i prefer to save being a dick until you prove to me its necessary (not everyone share my view) :), so for now ill try and be helpful :)

Well thanks - especially because you say it in a nice, decent way instead of flaming me. You have my respect.

I will now use the search function more then.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Well thanks - especially because you say it in a nice, decent way instead of flaming me. You have my respect.

I will now use the search function more then.

i try to help first, flame second... people can make mistakes but some people genuinely do deserve it lol.

cheers tho, respect earned is returned for a lack of douchbaggery :)

be warned the search can be sketchy at times, i.e if you try and click the search box in the banner it doesn't always work, but if you click the magnifying glass on the right it will go to the full "advanced" search which does tend to be pretty good,

or if you google "GTAForums: (search term)" youll get a pretty decent hit as goog does a good job of referencing topic here :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users