Quantcast

» «
Photo

ROCKSTAR ANNOUNCEMENT - Gifted Money gone, taking aim at cheaters!

330 replies to this topic
xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

it was fun while it lasted. i recieved 2 billion dollars and probaly gave most of it away to friends than spending it on myself.

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

So in the end...... it's just a f*cking game boys and girls.

• Killzone3265 likes this

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

I think it's a good thing they got rid of this money honestly makes things more interesting atleast for me anyway.
  • Somalia757 and gtaguy_2723 like this

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

They left me with 200,000$ but what's annoying for me is that they haven't fixed the Social Club statistics, I don't like it stating that I've earned 180,000,000$ "shared"...

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Glad Rockstar is finally taking Guard and Setting The Field against the cheaters. Maybe finally we can play a version of GTAO that is within the spirit of the game. Brilliant captaincy.

a better leadership would have not made a 360 version and not used simple coding that can be changed via dns.... what is this? 1999?

xbox one version would have not had any of these problems... but then again... it is rockstar.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

by Reading all these complaints , I'm going to stick to Xbox one . Gta online is damaged beyond repair. Plus I had everything before the gifted money . I might play again when they have new content. I wonder how much money or in-store credit gamestop will give me for this crap.

gamikzone
  • gamikzone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

I had a dream last night, I was playing Gta online and I randomly received 100 mill. And I woke up and realized it was a dream. Boy I was relieved xD

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by Accendo, 18 January 2014 - 08:00 PM.

Anyone who think this wasn't simply a way for them to sell more cash cards is naive.
The money-loss glitches are ALL still there. Notice how they can nerf payouts asap but it takes ages to fix simple glitches that cost players their cash? Does that not seem f*cked up to you?
Rockstar games: "We'll put out a terrible beta and call it the finished product and then we're going to f*ck you over for exploiting the massive holes in our game that we were too busy counting billions of your dollars to fix."

scorpia4
  • scorpia4

"Lard boy"

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

I had 22.5 billion dollars. I was a high roller. Now I'm just a pitiful millionaire...

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Glad Rockstar is finally taking Guard and Setting The Field against the cheaters. Maybe finally we can play a version of GTAO that is within the spirit of the game. Brilliant captaincy.

a better leadership would have not made a 360 version and not used simple coding that can be changed via dns.... what is this? 1999?

xbox one version would have not had any of these problems... but then again... it is rockstar.

Yeah, good idea. Maybe they shouldn't have released it at all, then nobody could hack it.

Foppezão
  • Foppezão

Street Cat

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:27 PM Edited by Foppezão, 18 January 2014 - 10:28 PM.

Well it was nice to spend over 32 million and see all pegasus vehicles remain.

Still though i've earned a lot more than 550k with survival and such, probaly spend 10 euro to get 350K.

They better fix the stock market and heists, i deserve it ;)

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

It's still great coming home after a long hard stressful day at work to read people still complaining about losing all there money. Dosnt fail to put a smile on my face. 

Tom_baker_creepy_smile.gif

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

It's still great coming home after a long hard stressful day at work to read people still complaining about losing all there money. Dosnt fail to put a smile on my face. 

Why does someone's grief put a smile on your face? You dont seem wrapped too tight.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

Why does someone's grief put a smile on your face? You dont seem wrapped too tight.

It;s money people should never have had and for weeks have been gloating about how R* will never remove it. Now it's thread after thread of whiney kids complaining about how they lost all their "legit" money. 

You know how many people lost actual legit in game money?

NONE

• SAVILLAIN, PkUnzipper and Miss Malevolent like this

Trouserferret
  • Trouserferret

UNT©

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

NONE

I'm loving my lowly, casual level.

Not a dollar lost,

Not a tear shed.

Think I'm lvl37 or summat, 700k? Dunno, 'cos I mostly just cruise around and check things out.

I play games for simple enjoyment. Don't have a lot of time, don't have a lot of cash. Still sitting with a few cars that I wanted, a half decent apartment, and all the money I had when this update hit (around 700k). I've got buddies that are moaning about the loss of illegitimate dollars. They have garages full of upgraded cars (which they can now sell) and all Pegasus unlocked. I'm sorry they started acting like knobs once they gained a couple 'o billion from a dirty hacker.

It was like an STD. Played with one dirty person, ended up trying to infect others. I've refused the offer of Tanks on my behalf many a time. Just didn't feel right to go grief someone, when two weeks previously they were the ones being griefed. Dіck move.

I don't care about glitchers and hackers, they will always be. They have their time and place, sure. Private servers being one of them. Some of the stuff they manage to do is jaw dropping. There is great fun to be had when you know what you're getting into, just don't force it on someone.

I'm happy that money is being brought down to a reasonable level (think Bawsaq/Heists); a tad disappointed that purchases after a glitch/update are not being investigated, and hopeful that GTA:O don't turn into the clusterfuсk that IV ended up as. I'm hoping this sweep rids GTA:O of a few undesirables, and it can start evolving as the game it was meant to be.

I still think R* screwed the pooch in not giving this a beta. Coulda been a whooooole lot tighter. Enjoying it at a leisurely pace, hoping things will improve. It's still enjoyable, just take a time out every now and then.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

NONE

I'm loving my lowly, casual level.

Not a dollar lost,

Not a tear shed.

Think I'm lvl37 or summat, 700k? Dunno, 'cos I mostly just cruise around and check things out.

I play games for simple enjoyment. Don't have a lot of time, don't have a lot of cash. Still sitting with a few cars that I wanted, a half decent apartment, and all the money I had when this update hit (around 700k). I've got buddies that are moaning about the loss of illegitimate dollars. They have garages full of upgraded cars (which they can now sell) and all Pegasus unlocked. I'm sorry they started acting like knobs once they gained a couple 'o billion from a dirty hacker.

It was like an STD. Played with one dirty person, ended up trying to infect others. I've refused the offer of Tanks on my behalf many a time. Just didn't feel right to go grief someone, when two weeks previously they were the ones being griefed. Dіck move.

I don't care about glitchers and hackers, they will always be. They have their time and place, sure. Private servers being one of them. Some of the stuff they manage to do is jaw dropping. There is great fun to be had when you know what you're getting into, just don't force it on someone.

I'm happy that money is being brought down to a reasonable level (think Bawsaq/Heists); a tad disappointed that purchases after a glitch/update are not being investigated, and hopeful that GTA:O don't turn into the clusterfuсk that IV ended up as. I'm hoping this sweep rids GTA:O of a few undesirables, and it can start evolving as the game it was meant to be.

I still think R* screwed the pooch in not giving this a beta. Coulda been a whooooole lot tighter. Enjoying it at a leisurely pace, hoping things will improve. It's still enjoyable, just take a time out every now and then.

Up until before the fix i was in the mindset that i didnt care if other players were gifted billions and were running around in tanks etc with not a care in the world. I earned what i have in game inc. my beloved Buzzard and every car in my garage has been handpicked to be placed exactly were i want them. I love the game and love doing missions and survivals and especially love collecting bounties.

After the purge though.... Seeing the anger from people  at losing in game money they hadnt spent any time at all gaining. Then the panic at how they could possibly enjoy the game without unlimited money. The desperation for a new money glitch even though most already have everthing you could possible ever need or want in game. That changed my mind. A bunch of nonsensical selfish whiney asshats tbh and dont even deserve to share the same server as normal players.

But dont worry. R* aint done yet ;)

Till then...well lets see how well most of them fare in game when they cant spam bounty after bounty, mercs after mercs. even tank griefing is laughably easy to deal with.

• PkUnzipper likes this

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

They still haven't removed the $2.5 billion I've been gifted. They even had the audacity to close my ticket about it labeling it as "Solved".

Bastid!

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Cash cards are lazy! Who cares if u don't have the time to play . If I play more than u, and achieved more than u in the game, I should be rewarded more than u. You should not be able to drive the same cars as me. You should not be able to shoot the same guns as me.

Ok, lets disassemble that a little now, shall we??

You do get rewarded, through the level unlocks..

You get weapons lower level players don't, you can also add more upgrades to your car..

So in short, you do have an advantage..  What you're suggesting would effectively turn into a two-tier peasant and lieges world and if you were to gain such an advantage then it would only serve to cement your position and make it far harder for those with less time to play to actually make any progess in the game.

I think Rockstar did get it right to a certain extent.. people do want to drive flash cars in GTA and if they want to buy them then fair enough.. time is money and vice versa..

Anyway, as for not being able to shoot the same guns, well that's a little bit of a fallacy.. as soon as someone gets the sniper rifle they're effectively able to take out anyone as long as they've actually got the skill..

As for not being able to drive the same cars, fair enough.. someone wants to ride around in dollar wheeled adders then that's their perogative.. personally I find a $12K bike (hell, even certain found models) more than capable of outmaneuvering a supercar.. hell, at times I can even get away from that kind of trash in a BMX.. 

So in short, stop bitching like a whiney kid... There's plenty of toys in the pram but they're not all yours...

• TGDBC1 and dannybohy like this

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

good thing i bought everything in the game before i stopped playing a month ago

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Rockstar defines "cheaters" as players who have created "game breaking amounts of money."  It's not just a game to Rockstar.  It's a billion dollars in revenue. 

Rockstar does not care about dealing with players who glitched RP, use invincibility exploits, or use tanks to ruin other players' gaming experience.  They aren't "cheaters." 

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Ugh...So why is there even a forum? Why discuss anything? "Just a game" can be used only 99.99999% of the time.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

It;s money people should never have had and for weeks have been gloating about how R* will never remove it. Now it's thread after thread of whiney kids complaining about how they lost all their "legit" money. 

NONE

so what about "legit" but gifted random money.

you act like everyone who had it asked for it. the situation got out of control and i ended up with billions i never asked for or manipulated myself. in fact, before all the bullsh*t i had over a million legit money, and now i have 50,000. because i was gifted money by some randoms in random lobbies.....

not every gripe or complaint is a whine and bitch. stop riding rockstars nuts when they are the ones who had the security of tomb raider for ps2 in the first place. thats like having a big red button that says "do not push" on it. and when the button was grinded to a nub, all they could do is punish everyone EVEN those who never gifted money, and reported it right after recieving it.

seriously.. if you are still playing 360/ps3 its cuz your broke ass can't afford an xbox one or ps4.

gta online is old f*cked up news. and it never even made the 1st page.

Capttanhowdy515
  • Capttanhowdy515

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

NONE

you act like everyone who had it asked for it. the situation got out of control and i ended up with billions i never asked for or manipulated myself. in fact, before all the bullsh*t i had over a million legit money, and now i have 50,000. because i was gifted money by some randoms in random lobbies.....

not every gripe or complaint is a whine and bitch. stop riding rockstars nuts when they are the ones who had the security of tomb raider for ps2 in the first place. thats like having a big red button that says "do not push" on it. and when the button was grinded to a nub, all they could do is punish everyone EVEN those who never gifted money, and reported it right after recieving it.

seriously.. if you are still playing 360/ps3 its cuz your broke ass can't afford an xbox one or ps4.

No I don't have an xbox one BC there aren't any titles I'm interested in yet. I have money. Probably more than you unless you make over 250k a year. So it's not about that.

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

I own a $1000 pc and an xbox one.   I just play GTA V/O because i have good taste in games :D

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

I own a $1000 pc and an xbox one.   I just play GTA V/O because i have good taste in games :D

maybe gta sp, not gta online.

GtaGuy420
  • GtaGuy420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

maybe gta sp, not gta online.

Whats wrong with GTA O?    Hey, if you don't like it don't play it.  

Don't bitch about others people who play it.  And don't feed me some sorry ass line of us being broke.  Everyone i know that bought a next gen has come back to play it.

As far as im concerned the only reason I even play on console is because of GTA O.   Everything on xbox one currently sucks. And my PC has better games and more powerful then xbox one.

GTA O is an amazing game to play and experience.  Best $60 i've ever spent.

• Ethereal_NYC likes this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

NONE

Did you spend the gifted money?

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Why the hell is this thread still open?

• kasheku likes this

Docfrost
  • Docfrost

Shichibukai

• Members